Forum Settings
Forums

[shameless] I review animes and would like your feedback!

New
Oct 7, 2015 3:17 AM

Sep 2015
It's shameless, I know...I don't know how to market myself, so forgive my blatantly unapologetic self-promotion.

Since people just want to get to the meat of the content before reading meaningless unrelated tangents, here is a link to 2 of my most recent reviews. I have done 4 in total.

[there is some adult content (strong language/crude jokes)]
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
https://youtu.be/AvAFk3CMYvQ
MushiShi & MushiShi: Zoku Shou
https://youtu.be/5oZA8CPRaU4

I mean, I also - on rare occasions - write reviews here on MAL, but, honestly it feels even more pointless, since most of the animes here already have a gazillion reviews on them that my pointless words just get buried under the rest. I will say, though, that some of these reviews I throw-up on MAL are good drafts for the video-format reviews listed above. I have done a total of 4 (and a fifth in the works now) and 2 of the reviews' scripts were borrowed heavily from my review I posted here on MAL, but, then also heavily modified and expanded on to make sure I could meet my loose time requirements.

I'd welcome any feedback if you guys have any; this series has mostly been derived from me with little input from outside feedback, which sometimes leads to personal blinders to flaws.

Also, I'm an itty-bitty, teeny-tiny spec on the radar as far as Youtube channels go - currently at a resoundingly unimpressive 174 subscribers. Obviously, sometimes, you just have to suck up what pride you have and shamelessly shove your content in the face of everyone. I try to be slightly more elegant about that than some are - I at least attempt to only put it on forums that have some relevance to anime (like, I'm not going to go to my audio forums that is strictly about music equipment and hardware and post my anime reviews that, that would be dumb). With that said, I actually don't know a lot of anime networks that I could share my work on, so if you don't have any worthwhile feedback to give on my videos, you can help me out by pointing me in any other direction to shamelessly plug myself and my content :D

Below this point is just useless rambling most people probably won't care about, but if you care about the process or my background it's below (It's also copy-pasted from another forum I posted on - I assure you, however, the entirety of this MAL post is not all copy-paste, I like to take some time to personalize the post for whatever community I am posting on)
_______
Recently I had been playing Black Desert Online JP, and for those in the MMO crowd, you may have heard of the game, as it's generating a lot of hype.
Since it is...marginally difficult to get into the game (only because it's not a simple "click a few things, download a client, the end") I decided I would review the game...and to my surprise it generated far more traffic than my channel had ever seen. In comparison it was a lot, but I suppose to much larger channels, it was barely a drop in a barrel.

Regardless, with about 70 new subs now expecting more content, I thought about what I wanted to do. I don't think I have much of a great opinion to contribute to the overwhelming sea of video game critics that already exist. I was lucky with BDO, as the game has been getting some hype around it, but there are very few people who have covered the game, thusly, I got traffic through those means; but were it any other game, it would be unlikely to continue.

Fortunately, thanks to channels like Demolition D, I found there is an audience for anime reviews (I also ran a poll on my channel to see if my subs would be interested). In the past few recent months, I have been binge watching a ton of anime. I've grown up with the stuff, though, for a long time I took quite the hiatus from it because I had an animation professor who absolutely LOATHED anime and would automatically fail any student who did anything anime-esque. I looked up to him at the time and so maybe his hatred rubbed off on me a bit.
But, years down the line, I've gotten over that and have come to appreciate the medium again.

And so, here I am. There reviews take about 32 working hours to produce (give or take). I write the script, record the audio, edit the audio sound quality (because I just use a basic Shure 58, and anyone who has ever dealt with audio equipment has come across a Shure 58 before and knows they aren't exactly high-fidelity mics.) and cut the audio where necessary, then edit the video; which involves a lot of time spent finding the appropriate clips.
I'm quite proud of the work I have done, and I hope as you watch you can see the effort put in. But I understand effort doesn't always equate to quality, so, in the regard, I do hope you find it entertaining.
______

Thank you, MAL users :D
NolanAlighieriOct 7, 2015 3:38 AM
Youtube Animuu Reviews (in case you need someone to justify your opinion for you)
http://bit.ly/1L5UhgY
Oct 7, 2015 3:19 AM

Feb 2013
LordLiqourich said:
I mean, I also - on rare occasions - write reviews here on MAL, but, honestly it feels even more pointless, since most of the animes here already have a gazillion reviews on them that my pointless words just get buried under the rest.
this statement is somewhat ironic as youtube reviews get even more buried..
Oct 7, 2015 3:20 AM

Sep 2014
>animes
Oct 7, 2015 3:23 AM

Sep 2015
romagia said:
LordLiqourich said:
I mean, I also - on rare occasions - write reviews here on MAL, but, honestly it feels even more pointless, since most of the animes here already have a gazillion reviews on them that my pointless words just get buried under the rest.
this statement is somewhat ironic as youtube reviews get even more buried..

Eh, not necessarily. I mean, in one regard, if you do nothing and let the reviews stagnate when you have no fanbase (such as myself), then most certainly it will. But it's much easier to promote video content than text content; such is the case here, where I am shamelessly plugging my content, in hopes of driving a little more traffic my direction. At least I'm open and honest about this stuff, right?
Youtube Animuu Reviews (in case you need someone to justify your opinion for you)
Oct 7, 2015 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
Your reviews are actually fun to watch.
You got yourself a sub.
Oct 7, 2015 3:26 AM
Apr 2015
Imaishi said:
>animes

stopped reading at that point
Oct 7, 2015 3:26 AM

Feb 2015
Oct 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
Valenthius said:
You got yourself a sub.

Glad to hear it :D
It always makes me nervous as to whether I'm just blinded by intense narcissism to the quality of my content or if it actually is good.
Oct 7, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2013
LordLiqourich said:
Valenthius said:
You got yourself a sub.

Glad to hear it :D
It always makes me nervous as to whether I'm just blinded by intense narcissism to the quality of my content or if it actually is good.

This is probably the only positive comment you will get.
Prepare for the shitstorm.
Oct 7, 2015 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
Imaishi said:
>animes
Oct 7, 2015 3:38 AM

Sep 2015
Valenthius said:

This is probably the only positive comment you will get.
Prepare for the shitstorm.

I can see it brewing; it's fine. It really doesn't bother me at all, heh. Honestly, it kind of makes me laugh. So, maybe this thread will turn into something entertaining for a different reason then I expect - either way, It'll bright up my day. I'll, also, probably ignore any of the shitstorm posts. Neither do I have anything to say in response, because quite obviously they don't care and therefore aren't my target audience, nor do I really wish to engage in petty internet arguments.

Life moves on, c'est la vie
Oct 7, 2015 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
ToastofJustice said:
Imaishi said:
>animes

at this point I don't even want to edit it because I'm finding this quite humorous XD
Oct 7, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2015
LordLiqourich said:
ToastofJustice said:

at this point I don't even want to edit it because I'm finding this quite humorous XD

You find it hilarious that you used an incorrect plural?

I'm not even trying to start a fight or anything. Just an observation, that's all.
Oct 7, 2015 3:46 AM

Sep 2015
ToastofJustice said:
LordLiqourich said:

You find it hilarious that you used an incorrect plural?

I'm not even trying to start a fight or anything. Just an observation, that's all.

Eh, it's been along day; spent the majority of the day wrapping things up on the Gochumoost video and began preparing assets and the script for my next review; then I spent several hours after than going forum to forum trying to shamelessly market myself. I haven't slept in some 24-or-so hours, so I might be a bit loopy.

The humor is just from repetition of the same joke.
Oct 7, 2015 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
ToastofJustice said:

"Just an observation" is what starts fights here on MAL xD and you should know that.
Oct 7, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2015
OP, Call these kind of shows Japanimation or Japanese Cartoons next time. Do not Anglicanize a Japanese derived word
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Oct 7, 2015 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
Remv_quevav said:
OP, Call these kind of shows Japanimation or Japanese Cartoons next time. Do not Anglicanize a Japanese derived word
what about animé?
Oct 7, 2015 4:04 AM
Sep 2015
You seem like a nice person =3

If I remember, I'll subscribe when I have WiFi.
Oct 7, 2015 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
romagia said:
Remv_quevav said:
what about animé?
Is of Francois
le surrender Language
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Oct 7, 2015 4:08 AM

Aug 2013
Remv_quevav said:

Nooooo! That will anger 2weeaboo4u xD
Oct 7, 2015 4:12 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I tried to look at video review because you reviewed Gochiusa, one of my favorite anime. Just to take a peek initially.
....and I ended up watching the whole duration. :>

That is more interesting than I thought, good job.

You got yourself a subscribe.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 7, 2015 4:29 AM

Sep 2015
RayAdha said:
I tried to look at video review because you reviewed Gochiusa, one of my favorite anime. Just to take a peek initially.
....and I ended up watching the whole duration. :>

That is more interesting than I thought, good job.

You got yourself a subscribe.

Thank you :)
I'm actually quite proud of the Gochumoost review I did...well, the "Gochuumon wa Bebop Desu ka?" title sequence is a large reason why I am so proud of it...it took me FOREVER to remake the Bebop intro for Gochuumon; and that was only a 30 second version! I would have died if I did the full minute and a half version.

Anyways, I wanted to pay my respects to Gochumoost, as it, too, is one of my all time favorite anime. I like reviewing my favorite anime because I find it easier to point out the flaws...it's like tough love: I still love the anime, but I'm aware of it's flaws, and with the internet so PC about reviewer integrity, it's much easier to write what PC internet culture would consider "unbiased" when I can clearly discern the positives and the negatives of the content in question.

Anyways, I appreciate you support :)
Oct 7, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
Thread Moved

More topics from this board

» How to make a fantasy map really?

wisnuyoga78 - Yesterday

3 by KingOfPneumos »»
8 hours ago

» Question about "About Me"

Licentia - Yesterday

0 by Licentia »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

» Tenka Osaki BANDAI Dress-Up Style Doll (The IDOLMASTER)

MasterTasuke - Yesterday

0 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 5:08 AM

» The Finger Goddess(my romance fantasy novel) feedback

Isyu - Feb 23

1 by AnimeDaoist7 »»
Mar 27, 6:58 PM

» Louder Than Words ~The Story of a Field Trip~, a long term project of mine, is now on Steam!

Surox - Nov 16, 2021

5 by Surox »»
Mar 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.