Forum Settings
Forums

Maison Ikkoku Romantic Summary, I NEED HELP!!

New
Oct 6, 2015 6:44 PM
Sep 2015
I have a request for some help creating a romantic summary video of the relationship between Kyoko and Godai in the english anime adaptation of Maison Ikkoku. What do I need help with? Identifying Romantic moments or moments influencing the Romance between Kyoko and Godai. After I have collected notes on what episode and what point in the episode a romantic moment occurs, I will create a video montage of the progression of the relationship between Kyoko and Godai.

Guidelines for a romantic moment:

Include the setup for a Romantic moment. Also note the difference between a romantic moment and a romantic action. A romantic action is when Kyoko and Godai kiss in episode 89, but a Romantic moment is the entire scene itself, for instance when he arrives at Maison Ikkoku and walks past her then she ask him about him kissing Kozoa(which she saw, though it was an accident BTW) and they talk and then she tells hime to close his eyes and kisses him and runs inside, stays frozen for a sec he yells yesss, and back in her room she says "so it finally happened". It cuts. Moment over.

I'm not really concerned about romantic moments with coach mitaka or other interest like Kozoa unless it furthers the actual relationship between Godau and Kyoko. For instance the episode where mitaka is taking Kyoko a bunch of places trying to be romantic (and forceful) and godai is chasing them around trying to stop him. That counts as a romantic moment since Kyoko end up mostly denying Mitaka at some point, and Godai's attempts to get her out of an uncomfortable situation and stop her from marrying Mitaka strengthen the relationship between Kyoko and Godai.

Basically this is just a snappier edit if the series itself cutting out the moments that don't pertain to Godai and Kyko's relationship.

Also this is intended as a montage for people who have already watched the series. In order to provide a summary. And yes I know there was an OVA made with similar intentions as this, but its strictly in Jappanese with no English dub.
I'm asking for people to donate their time with this, and I recommend this be done when rewatching the series

Now how would I like you to note moments? Just write the episode and when the moment takes place (eg. Episode 89 11:30 & 18:25)
Also the moments don't have to be strictly romantic, it just has to pertain, in some small way, to the topic of Romance. For instance the scene in episode 40 where Kyoko is sitting at a bar thinking about here feelings and if she loves Godai and also how she's sad/jealous/broken hearted about the other women that are in his life like Yagami and Kozoa, along with Yagami calling her a coward for not admiting her feelings and being unsure. This scene passes with flying colors.

Well I don't think there is much else to say other than if you choose to note topicly romantic moments from Maison Ikkoku, please email them to me at:
Puddintamexyz102030@gmail.com

All participants will receive full credit it the making of this montage.
Thanks.
Mangos-and-MangaOct 6, 2015 6:58 PM
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Puddintane?status=7&order=4&order2=0

•"Akane's really a nice girl, she's just a violent maniac"- Kisume

•"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put aside childish things."- The Apostle Paul, (quoted in Ghost in the Shell)

Oct 6, 2015 6:57 PM
Sep 2015
Lancehot said:
There's an AMV of it. Look through that:
thanks this will help

•"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put aside childish things."- The Apostle Paul, (quoted in Ghost in the Shell)

Oct 6, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2015
Lancehot said:

That video really moved me. Brings back feels.

On another subject, THEx141xMAN, please hold yourself to high standards with this project. Please use 720p minimum and skip stupid animated transitions between the scenes unless they make sense. I'll be rooting for you.

-FireflyGraves
"If you purposely choose to be ignorant, you're not a person I wish to associate with."
Oct 6, 2015 7:44 PM
Sep 2015
FireflyGraves said:
Lancehot said:

That video really moved me. Brings back feels.

On another subject, THEx141xMAN, please hold yourself to high standards with this project. Please use 720p minimum and skip stupid animated transitions between the scenes unless they make sense. I'll be rooting for you.

-FireflyGraves
Thanks, ill be sure to do that. Just to make it clear, I will be doing the job of editing and other related duties. I will be relying on others to point out the moments themselves while I cut them and create the video itself.

On ANOTHER note I will be uploading a subtitled version of "Maison Ikkoku: through the passing seasons" to Youtube sometime tomorrow.
Mangos-and-MangaOct 6, 2015 7:50 PM

Oct 6, 2015 8:18 PM
Jun 2015
episode 30- 31 Is basically when the ship sailed. Godai leaves over a misunderstanding of a marriage proposal and lives at the pinball parlor. Kyoko visits and notices the girl Godai is living with and breaks down. Godai goes back to Maison Ikkoku to clear up the misunderstanding in the next episode and Kyoko chases him and pleads for him to come back to Maison Ikkoku.
episode 35- their first actual date, although it was set up by Godai's Grandma.

Almost every single episode usually has at least hit that Kyoko likes Godai except in the episodes that focus on different characters of Maison Ikkoku. Other good arcs is the arc with the Soichiro's present (The rock), or the ending of the arc where Godai searches for Kyoko while she takes a vacation.
Oct 6, 2015 11:32 PM

Jun 2007
Needs to include at least 120 seconds of Godai getting cockblocked by his psychopathic/asshole neighbors.
Oct 6, 2015 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
Oct 7, 2015 2:11 PM
Sep 2015
Zalis said:
Needs to include at least 120 seconds of Godai getting cockblocked by his psychopathic/asshole neighbors.
lol

Oct 9, 2015 7:57 PM
Sep 2015
NEWS: Regrettably, the video will be a maximum 480pp as the source episodes are maximum 480p. Apologies.

Ps. I am currently watching Kimagure Orange Road and as soon as i drugingly finish it (the shows a little disapointing, but II heard theres an OK movie afterwards) I will start rewatching Maison Ikkoku (hopefully I won't be burnt out lol) and the process will begin
EDIT: just finished the main series (Kimagure Orange Road) next are OVA's and movie
Mangos-and-MangaOct 9, 2015 11:29 PM

Oct 9, 2015 11:31 PM
Sep 2015
Coolspot said:
Definitly

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

85 by Satyr_icon »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

44 by Kruszer »»
10 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

94 by phantomic109 »»
12 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

121 by FFandMMfan »»
19 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7158 by damiJESUS »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.