Forum Settings
Forums

So I am planning to create a novel, aiming for a competition

New
Oct 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Feb 2015
I have an idea, I'd like to create a satire regarding my country's condition in community, politics, culture and religion.

I have already a draft about it, and it's about a group of astronauts from my country who are in a mission on planting a floating rover on Jupiter, which has an unfortunate crash on a foreign planet because of lack of budget for their fuel, and unexpectedly found a planet that supports life for human beings.

The next parts are, on my plan:
- The planet is known to be abandoned, ruins of past civilization is still intact, but without life.
- Human beings in Earth continued to pollute the planet, and this wonderful discovery piqued the interest of the whole world, leading to a great turmoil over who will govern the new planet.
- Probably my country, feeble and docile , will sell it to the superpowers (US, China or Russia) or my country itself will have their own part of the planet
- An outburst of declining of the obsolete doctrines of religion, that says the Earth is the only planet habitable.

I'm still thinking about more, and I wish to complete this before November (Still finals are upcoming this week >.<).

If so, can you recommend some works that have commonalities with my desired work?
Oct 5, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
You can try...

Planetes
Infinite Ryvius
Uchuu no Stellvia
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Oct 5, 2015 5:56 PM

Sep 2015
In my opinion it's a little bit a very used subject, so if you want to spice up your novel you can use scientific dilemmas like in the movie of " InterStellars" or the Anime "Steins Gate" (if you see).

Steins Gate:
----------------

InterStellars:
------------------

And if you have a problem of understanding you can ask me:

[url]http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ozox[/url]

or in the "The Elaboration of Science - The scientists' community" (a club):

[url]http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=68203[/url]

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 5 hours ago

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
1 hour ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
5 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
5 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
5 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.