Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2015 3:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really enjoyed the last episode, though it did feel a little all over the place, but it's also very much directed like how all the other episodes were. The comedy made me remember why I missed this show so much, as well as all the characters. I think a "cheesy" ending about hope and believing in yourself fits the tone of the series, they also did it in a way where Leo figures out that for himself. It's also very Leo to not have an answer for the King of Despair, he just wanted to separate the two and have William get the barrier up again. I wasn't too entirely invested with Mary and William, but it was still sad to see Mary leave. The theme of family, dealing with loss, and moving forward worked well in the end, imo. It wasn't great, but it was still good. Needless to say, overall, Kekkai Sensen highly entertained me. It was the anime that I looked forward to the most in spring season, and I'm sad to see it end.

It was also fun seeing the scenes from the beginning of the first episode and from the OP happening in this episode. Matsumoto tied the series off pretty nicely. Also, Michella's eyes! o_o I didn't know Matsumoto was also the sound director, she really makes great choices for the placement of bgms, I was surprised to hear Polovtsian Dances in this episode.
Oct 6, 2015 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good final episode if you ask me, enjoyed every single episode greatly and am quite sad that it's ended. 8/10
Oct 6, 2015 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
Would've been much better without all the corny dialogue and pointless inner monologues. Whenever this series tried to be more than just "fun" it just falls flat for a variety of reasons. Pretty sad Nightow and Matsumoto didn't turn out to be the match made in Heaven I was hoping for.
Oct 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2011
What the fuck did I watch? I have so many questions.

Episode 10 had us show at the end that White was going to take Leo's eyes....so why did he still have eyes in the beginning of the episode?

KOD is beaten up and says something about White having to use the fog.....what?

The guy in the beginning who asked Leo for heads or tails, wtf was his purpose to the plot? No seriously why was he there? It made no sense.

Zombies? Why and how?

How did Leonardo get out of the shackles?

Was there a plan to any of this? It seemed totally disjointed. Members of Libra trying to find Leonardo and then telling him to meet with the boss. Why didn't more Libra members fight the King of Despair (KOD)?

Besides the asspulls of Leonardo surviving explosions and meteors, how did his eyes crack? He mentioned to Zapp how he only has one good eye, yet when he was using his All Seeing Eyes of The Gods (ASEG) against the KOD, he used both eyes.

Klaus mentions the "Thirteen Kings" yet the only one who we meet is Aligura, Femt and KOD. Where the fuck are the other 10? Why weren't they ever shown in the story? You would think something as important as this would have them perk up.

Since when the hell did Klaus have a cross shaped white shield?

Klaus and William are fighting, so why did Klaus not use any of his pattern techniques against him?

I don't get the KOD, he is fascinated by humans but is also disgusted by them wants to...what the fuck was he going to do when Leonardo got there face to face? Kill him? Eat roses together?

Wtf and I mean wtf was Leonardo doing screaming to the sky about White? Was she in the nearby vicinity to hear this shit? Did her being need voice recognition to wake up?

So Leonardo does some force field type shit to find White okay whatever but how the hell could she hear the voice in her slumber? She is supposedly in a different dimension I think? This leads to another question in asking, where the fuck was she?

What was the thought process of Leonardo charging straight to the KOD? The same KOD who fought and nearly killed Klaus......a simple swipe from his hand is enough to kill.

How did Leonardo know what words to say and use whatever the hell ability that his ASEG had?

What was that yellow virus shit spreading all over the city?

So White is saving the city from something and somehow survived 3 years because of her parents love? Huh?

White mentions she is with her parents but her parents died years ago. Is she dead or is this some metaphorical type shit because at this point I have no clue wtf is going on.

Was it ever explained how they got the other force fields set up? Considering a girl has to sacrifice herself to get 1 up, do they have several other girls sacrificing themselves to have the forcefields up?

How did the computer recognize a biological phenomenon as a force field?

Did White die? She shown in the credits wearing a black dress with a different style of pig tails.

Why the hell did Leonardo start crying randomly? Is it because of White? Why didn't he cry the moment she left and cry once he talked to Klaus?

Klaus should be dead and not alive....what?

Leonardo's sister has space eyes?

Who the hell was the guy with the brown hair whistling that tune?

The most disappointing ending in recent memory. Horrendous.
GovOct 6, 2015 3:45 PM
Oct 6, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
I think I understand what happened but the reasons why are nowhere.
A lot of silly mess concluding with motivational speeches.

Eh, I had hoped it would dish the silly and be more like 11 which had at least had consistent atmosphere. 6,4
Oct 6, 2015 3:45 PM
Dec 2014
maybe because I re-watched all the episode unlike all of you but this episode made me cry and feel good and a nice final I give this a 9/10 only because Kluas should beaten the King of despair
Oct 6, 2015 3:47 PM
Dec 2014
Tylaen said:

Eh, I had hoped it would dish the silly and be more like 11 which had at least had consistent atmosphere. 6,4
funny this episode remind me of FMA last episode with how it ended
Oct 6, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
this episode was all over the place. I have no idea what just happened but I still loved it. 8/10

Oct 6, 2015 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
lord23 said:
Tylaen said:

FMA Brotherhood is nothing like this. That had a beautiful conclusion that everyone could follow. This was a jumbled mess that left you scratching your head.
Oct 6, 2015 3:54 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah what's sup with Leo sister's eyes
Oct 6, 2015 4:05 PM
Oct 2015
The episode was rather disjointed and it wasn't quite clear why some things were happening but ultimately I like how

Riftguardian said:
So....

Also, I wonder if Bones will do a second season as Kekkai Sensen has sold really well. Especially, with that ending clip.

Oct 6, 2015 4:15 PM
Dec 2014
Gov said:
lord23 said:

FMA Brotherhood is nothing like this. That had a beautiful conclusion that everyone could follow. This was a jumbled mess that left you scratching your head.
your fault for being small,minded I had no issues, following it white was the barrier who was,keeping the city together and if she died before the start of the great collapses,then good bye city smh for you having a tiny brain it give me a very FMA feel and I loved every moment of it your lose by the way you fool Leo's left eye was was broken how you Miss that is beyond someone should take a photo just to show you
lord23Oct 6, 2015 4:32 PM
Oct 6, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
loved it
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Oct 6, 2015 4:28 PM

Oct 2011
lord23 said:
Gov said:

your fault for being smell,minded I had no issues, following it white was the barrier who was,keeping the city together and if she died before the start of the great collapses,then good bye city smh for you having a tiny brain it give me a very FMA feel and I loved every moment of it your lose by the way you fool Leo's left eye was was broken how you Miss that is beyond someone should take a photo just to show you

Try that again but this time don't be retarded.
Oct 6, 2015 4:30 PM
Dec 2014
Gov said:
lord23 said:
your fault for being smell,minded I had no issues, following it white was the barrier who was,keeping the city together and if she died before the start of the great collapses,then good bye city smh for you having a tiny brain it give me a very FMA feel and I loved every moment of it your lose by the way you fool Leo's left eye was was broken how you Miss that is beyond someone should take a photo just to show you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M since your stupid and all
Oct 6, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
lord23 said:
Gov said:

Can't even post a youtube video.

Oct 6, 2015 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
already had zero hype for the final episode. When we found out it was going to be delayed, that was a pathetic disappointment. But then it turned out the final episode was actually decent.

havent decided if I should rate a 6 or 7 /10. I already deducted a point for the ridiculous delay. Almost all the episodes were pretty pointless until near the end, but the last episode was worth watching at least. The OST was a plus i guess.

Congratulations Kekkai Sensen for being the only 12-episode, 3-cour anime. next in line: God Eater
Oct 6, 2015 4:44 PM
Dec 2014
Gov said:
lord23 said:

Can't even post a youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I
lord23Oct 6, 2015 4:51 PM
Oct 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
Waffly said:
WHY?! WHY?!

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, why do you have to make me cry like this!?
*cries like a baby*
It's awesome anime to be honest, just... I can't this ending is awesome and such, but... White! T^T

Lol my thoughts exactly, I'm depressed because of this but I loved all the eyes that were drawn this episode, and is that a possibility for a season 2 at the end? Because I need one now!
Also
gust11Oct 6, 2015 5:09 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 6, 2015 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
such a generic ending, especially for a show that was batshit crazy straight from ep1

and we had to wait quite some time for it, such a letdown.

overall it had some good moments, atmosphere and ofc action, but the whole story, untangled, was nothing special
I liked some characters though

6/10, what a pity
Oct 6, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
Just crying, that our end was great I felt I missed something but I kept enjoying speechless. White; -;
Oct 6, 2015 5:16 PM
Dec 2014
Yatorin said:
Just crying, that our end was great I felt I missed something but I kept enjoying speechless. White; -;
one thing I liked was how Leo did the same speech as klaus in the first episode my only issue that klaus should have won that fight then everything we saw should have played out the same
Oct 6, 2015 5:53 PM
Dec 2014
if you re-watch this again it kinda was not a very happy ending since white well died and Leo just could't hold it in
Oct 6, 2015 6:31 PM

May 2010
A shame we had to wait for such a long time since i cant remember shit from the 11 episodes.
Oct 6, 2015 6:39 PM
Aug 2014
Great opening and ending

Nice OST

Great cast

but my god that finale almost had as much running as Root A. Gonna give this a 7/10. Sucks for those actually keeping up with this show and waited a long time for the final episode. Glad that's over.
ShiiiruOct 6, 2015 8:53 PM
Oct 6, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2012
lmfao, we waited 3 months for this lol what a joke
Oct 6, 2015 7:21 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
> "As long as he's not dead, I'm sure he's alive." — Zapp Renfro
Looks like Shirou got some competition here. That was just as contemplative as his famous dialogue.

Jokes aside, this wasn't the sort of finale I was expecting from Kekkai Sensen. As much as I liked the show despite its episodic nature, I feel as though the overarching plot wasn't given enough focus; or it was resolved rather precipitously. Still, it was an enjoyable watch. Big fan of both the OP and ED. The soundtracks were pretty damn amazing too!

tingy said:
I didn't know Matsumoto was also the sound director, she really makes great choices for the placement of bgms, I was surprised to hear Polovtsian Dances in this episode.

Good to see someone other than me noticed it as well. It was a pleasant surprise.~

Oct 6, 2015 7:31 PM

May 2014
Meh...I honestly thought other episodes were more entertaining and had more tension (ie the Prosfair game). This really felt like a dragged out ending for the sake of an ending.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 6, 2015 7:39 PM
Dec 2014
frequency15k said:
yeah the of end of evangelion was still a piece of shit with backwards character development and dialog that made no sense ugh I get a headache just thinking about it
Oct 6, 2015 7:53 PM

Nov 2013
didn't really remember what was going on. Gotta rewatch the whole show :/
Oct 6, 2015 7:54 PM

May 2012
Ending was pretty cool tbh. Season 2 clued at in the ending....

lord23 said:
frequency15k said:
yeah the of end of evangelion was still a piece of shit with backwards character development and dialog that made no sense ugh I get a headache just thinking about it

You're just joking, right? No one could harbor such shit taste. EoE is a theatrical masterpiece, ad I challenge you to find an animated film that could mimic even a smidgeon of its complexity.
Oct 6, 2015 8:09 PM

Jan 2012
lord23 said:
frequency15k said:

Lol, stop being out of topic, and you must be talking about Death and Rebirth.
Oct 6, 2015 8:11 PM

Sep 2014
That was totally worth the long wait. I'm actually gonna raise my rating from an 8 to a 9, I forgot how well done and entertaining this show was.

Oct 6, 2015 8:32 PM
Dec 2014
King_Bumi said:
Ending was pretty cool tbh. Season 2 clued at in the ending....

lord23 said:

You're just joking, right? No one could harbor such shit taste. EoE is a theatrical masterpiece, ad I challenge you to find an animated film that could mimic even a smidgeon of its complexity.
jerking off to a girl who is comatose and giving up in the last min is theatrical masterpiece ?
Oct 6, 2015 8:33 PM
Dec 2014
Arein said:
lord23 said:

Lol, stop being out of topic, and you must be talking about Death and Rebirth.
episode 26 is what I'm talking about
Oct 6, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2015
Hmm I suppose there is only so much a monster of the week anime can do for a finale. Since the plot was held together so loosely, it just doesn't feel like much of a conclusion.
Oct 6, 2015 8:45 PM
Sep 2013
I love this anime, don't know why I do because I find it super confusing, but I love it. I wish the last episode was put out sooner but cant complain cause it was good. Honestly can someone just tell me what the heck was going on through the entire series cause I don't understand it (still love it though).
Oct 6, 2015 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
Boo. They have no sense of subtlety with the music for this episode. It's like they just played the OST in track order and put the plot on top of it.

Not nearly that hype for something that took so long to wait for.

Preferred like 90% of the show over this episode: gave it a 7 before with no ending and a 7 still after this ending.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Oct 6, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
Alright, it's been so long I'm not invested. The ending sure was dramatic.
Oct 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
Well that's one hell of the finale. Although I was a bit confused about what happened in the second half of the episode but it was really great nonetheless (especially the ending).

8/10
Oct 6, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
I am so lost
Oct 6, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2015
Abar5 said:
I love this anime, don't know why I do because I find it super confusing, but I love it. I wish the last episode was put out sooner but cant complain cause it was good. Honestly can someone just tell me what the heck was going on through the entire series cause I don't understand it (still love it though).

Well I would say it was about Black trying to start another "Great Catastrophe" because why sit through the torture of waiting for it to happen again. The soul or whatever that is in him has lived for eons watching disasters happen. So I don't really get his impatience.

I want to say show borrows elements from the book of Revelations, and KoD just wants to speed up the end of times. But that's probably pushing it.
Oct 6, 2015 10:22 PM

Feb 2014
I don't understand what had happened over the past few episodes, but the animation is great so whatever.
Oct 6, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Uhhh...okay
Oct 6, 2015 10:49 PM

Jun 2009
That was a nice ending. Sad to see White go tho I really like her character. Tbh I thought this whole White/Black issue were kinda all over the place and sometimes I didn't even know what was going on. But the enjoyment this series gave me managed to keep me up with it until the end. Also, I love how the butterfly kissed Leo; that was a really bittersweet scene.

Oct 6, 2015 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
That was a nice finale. Pretty sad what happen to White but I guess that's the only way to save the world. Nice to see Black is back to normal and he and Leonardo are still friends, and looks like Black is going back home. Chain didn't get that much screen time but she still makes laugh. 9.5/10.
Oct 6, 2015 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
Good finale to a great show.

Wish it was 24 episodes so it could go into much more detail about some unexplained things.
Oct 6, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2014
It was a good ending I guess. If there wasn't for the wait it would be even better.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 6, 2015 11:30 PM

Oct 2013
What was this show about again?
Oct 6, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2013
At long last, after waiting for a whole season.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.