Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, the finale aired at last.

We get Black who is in a mood of despair and Leonardo himself isn't doing so well.
The episode also featured some symbolism with the roses and even historical references. Nice. A good way for the show to work is to capture the mood of the series and I think the finale did that well.

There's good comedy as usual with Zapp. I like how he still fights side by side his good friend with his blood abilities.

Black is quite relevant in the episode. My favorite part is the brief fight between Klaus and Black. Their moments matched on par with the momentum of the opening theme song. Wonderful.

Also, I loved how Bones put more quality into the finale. Good show overall, hope it gets another season in the future. 8.5/10.

Zapp never ceases to amuse me XD

Stark700Oct 3, 2015 12:49 PM
Oct 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
Felt so lost with the action thrown around in the beginning after the long wait, but it picked up towards the middle. The characters proved to be enjoyable to watch (although I wished it dwelled on some more) and it had an interesting story. I'd say it was a decent ending. 8/10
Oct 3, 2015 3:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
No matter what happens in this finale, my initial score for this series will not change....This is my Spring AOTS regardless
Oct 3, 2015 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
Nice ending....... Took a while, but at least it was good...
Oct 3, 2015 8:16 PM

Apr 2014
Holy fucking finally, the wait was long but imo it was worth it :D 10/10

OrangeJPOct 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 3, 2015 8:49 PM

Oct 2011
AHHH Its here <3
Oct 3, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2015
Finally, it was good 45 mins! Yeah! It was a long wait but it was worth.

Oct 3, 2015 11:35 PM

Jan 2015
Despite not being a fan of the anime only characters, I enjoyed the ending regardless.
Oct 4, 2015 1:20 AM
Jul 2014
Congratulations on Kekkai Sensen for finally ending!!!
Great episode although slightly cliched ending
White's appearance in the ending leaves a little ambiguity to her end

Gotta love Black's fashion choice ;)
Is the last scene suggesting the possibility of a next season OOoOoo
Oct 4, 2015 2:37 AM
Jun 2015
Annuvin said:
Damn, this took so long... In the end I lowered the score like 4 times because of the wait, had no clue what's happening.

Try rewatching it from the start then. If that were the case, then Kara No Kyoukai wouldn't be so popular.
Oct 4, 2015 2:48 AM
Jun 2015
Annuvin said:
Oh yeah, I'm so rewatching the whole series because of a randomly delayed episode. The delay wasn't my fault in any way so I firmly believe the waiting should be taken into account when scoring this show. Movies are movies, they at least usually have some kind of closure. There was nothing like that here after episode 11.

You don't like rewatching series, I take it?
Oct 4, 2015 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
Annuvin said:
Oh yeah, I'm so rewatching the whole series because of a randomly delayed episode. The delay wasn't my fault in any way so I firmly believe the waiting should be taken into account when scoring this show. Movies are movies, they at least usually have some kind of closure. There was nothing like that here after episode 11.

Rewatching good shows is what people usually do.
If you watch anime solely for the sake of checking the Completed mark on MAL list, then its your problem.
Oct 4, 2015 3:05 AM
Jun 2015
Annuvin said:
Yup, I agree. Good shows. This one here is a convoluted mess trying to be deep. (IMO, cause you guys probably gave it 10, no hard feelings).

Then why didn't you say so?
You said you were going to give it a four because of the wait so we suggested a rewatch would fix it(IMO, I can't score it until I complete it but I would probably give it an 8 as long as the conclusion is nice and doesn't fuck anything up)
Oct 4, 2015 3:12 AM
Jun 2015
Annuvin said:
Okay, okay. Once again from the start. Rewatching good shows is okay. I didn't think this one was that good to begin with (so I'm not going to rewatch it) and the delay only made it worse so I reduced the score a few times - currently at 6, not 4.

I understand that now. I'm just saying you should've mentioned that from the start.
Oct 4, 2015 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
Annuvin said:
Yup, I agree. Good shows. This one here is a convoluted mess trying to be deep. (IMO, cause you guys probably gave it 10, no hard feelings).

If you think Kekkai sensen is convoluted or deep....

Then iunno what to say, as it's far from being either.
"Hi!"
Oct 4, 2015 4:35 AM
Jun 2015
YEEART said:
Annuvin said:

If you think Kekkai sensen is convoluted or deep....

Then iunno what to say, as it's far from being either.

I thought the exact same thing.

Backstory, death, quiet moments in Episode 11 = DEEEP!
Oct 4, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
If someone from the Vivid staff sees this: Get some coffee and GET TO WORK!!!
Oct 4, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
I still can't believe some people lowered the score they originally gave this show just because it was delayed.

If you're one of those, you deserve to be derisively laughed at.
Oct 4, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
DarkFatalKnight said:
I still can't believe some people lowered the score they originally gave this show just because it was delayed.

People gave this a low score because it's writing is incomprehensible, and instead of sticking to the plot of the actual manga it introduced anime original characters, has world-building that just expects you to understand what's going on without explaining anything. All it's good for is if you like action is the fight scenes, which you won't get invested in because the main characters always win.

There is literally nothing to get invested about here. And after waiting after a MOTHERFUCKING DELAY, you think that people should be laughed at for giving this a low score?

I think you need to see a psychologist for that battered wife syndrome you have there.
Oct 4, 2015 5:32 PM
Aug 2015
Bravo.
This ending was amazing; salutes to Studio Bones.
I was very satisfied and even though some things could've been fleshed out more I still think the hiatus was worth it!
I'm going to rewatch this when FUNimation releases the episode though because the subs I was watching could've been just a bit better.
I give this ending a 9.5/10
As for the series, I'll give it a 8-9/10
Oct 4, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2015
kekkai sensen is equally hilarious and heartbreaking oh lord
I love this anime so much! 10/10
Oct 4, 2015 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
It's over man, it's over! D: T.T
Oct 4, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2014
Finally, it is over. After the long delay of 3 years (exaggeration)

Verdict: 6.5/10-7/10
Oct 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jan 2015
Jaytr13 said:
DarkFatalKnight said:

People gave this a low score because it's writing is incomprehensible, and instead of sticking to the plot of the actual manga it introduced anime original characters, has world-building that just expects you to understand what's going on without explaining anything. All it's good for is if you like action is the fight scenes, which you won't get invested in because the main characters always win.

There is literally nothing to get invested about here. And after waiting after a MOTHERFUCKING DELAY, you think that people should be laughed at for giving this a low score?

I think you need to see a psychologist for that battered wife syndrome you have there.

While I can agree that this anime isn't so faithful compared to the manga, I still thought it was decent for what it was.

"The main characters always win"

That's pretty typical when it comes to anime series such as these, that's a pretty weak argument.

There was something for me to be invested with the anime because it isn't an incredibly cliche high school moe crap anime so that alone was a breath of fresh air. This doesn't make the anime perfect by any means but I appreciate the change of setting, the characters, and fun overall that I personally had watching it.

Yes, I think people should be laughed at for lowering a score due to virtue of the fact that it got delayed. That goes for practically anything in general, why lower a score for something you thought was good but drop it because:

"Ahh it is taking too long!!! Ughh!! So done with this show, I'm going to just drop it and give it a lower score! Hmph!"

I'd understand if you drop it because you don't find it interesting, that's fine with me but throwing these platitudes is rather silly and you're just asking to get mocked, laughed, or both.

"I think you need to see a psychologist for that battered wife syndrome you have there."

Nice insult mate, but that's not the case with me. I was simply putting out there that some should be laughed at despite coming off as "angry woman" which wasn't the intention.
Oct 4, 2015 11:24 PM
Sep 2015
Thank god this got spanish subs. After who knows how long I wasn't going to wait another week for the english subs and I was just going to watch the raw version but before that I decided to do a quick check for subs in spanish just in case xD

Overall I think the show is good just because of how it reminds me to Cowboy Bebop with the jazz music and fluid fightning scenes but that would be all. It has good characters but the story and development feels shallow to me and most of the time is hard to get what's going on since most stuff is unexplained. It might had been a lot much better if they hadn't delayed this episode so fucking long.
Oct 4, 2015 11:26 PM
Sep 2014
that was a beutiful art, but well, they took trhee months for this

now, I wonder, why not make 2 episodes instead of one 45-minute episode?
Oct 5, 2015 2:36 AM

Jul 2013
Watched the episode, I think that it was good. Has nice visuals, has decent Femt screen time (though I had not clear of what happened to him and his partners at the end) and the fight of Klaus vs the King of Despair was really good. The zombies apparition leave me confused though, as they appear of the nothing.

It was a good series, and despite the delaying and the little exploration into the concepts of the world of the series, I enjoyed it, I would watch a sequel. Art, animation and sound were the best of the series. 8/10.
Oct 5, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
The only puzzle thing for me is what's with Leo's sister eyes... darkness.. ?

It was worth so much wait. Very emotional and klaus looked so painful.

The fun moments between zapp and leo was 👍👍

The ending...perhaps we get to see another season. 😍😍

Rewatched previous ep twice...gonna Rewatched final again. Great ost, tempo, interesting concept. Bonding of different species and strong will. Best anime of the season. ❤❤ 10/10
heiqi1huOct 5, 2015 7:58 AM
Oct 5, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2011
Really liked the way it ended, OST fantastic as always... well I want more! BONES, please give us a second season...

10/10
Oct 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
Still waiting for this to be subbed.....*sigh* sometimes I wish I was Japanese or at least fluent in Japanese.

EDIT: Finally watched it, thought I'd never be able to. Not a bad finale, although it was a bit cheesy/cliche sometimes. I'm glad to have officially completed this though. I'll go ahead and give this a 7/10, which is what I was planning on giving it anyway regardless of the delay.

It was nice to see some more comedic interactions between Zapp and Leo, and the action was also well done in this episode. I thought there would be a second season announcement, but I can't really imagine what they would do with a second season so I'm not really surprised that there wasn't one.
thebrentinator24Oct 6, 2015 1:52 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome final, those 45 min went by flying, meaning how much I enjoyed it. AOTS for me and I hope for a second season.
Oct 5, 2015 7:02 PM

Jul 2010
Woah, seems like the King of Despair has another host...

Very good end for this series. I really liked it.
Oct 6, 2015 6:15 AM
Aug 2014
Lowered score because it was delayed? That's pretty stupid.
Oct 6, 2015 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
That part when 'Catch me if you can' started playing was so cool~

aaaaaand the butterfly kiss tho ;_;
Oct 6, 2015 9:43 AM
Oct 6, 2015 12:28 PM
Nov 2010
Some bad ass eyes she's got there
Oct 6, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2015
Oh what a mess this story was, but it had it's moments for sure. 7/10
Oct 6, 2015 1:08 PM
Feb 2015
Took a while for me to remember all the previous events but I'm glad we finally have the finale. Made me sad that white is gone :( wish she made it through some how...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 6, 2015 1:10 PM
Nov 2010
Voltning said:
Took a while for me to remember all the previous events but I'm glad we finally have the finale. Made me sad that white is gone :( wish she made it through some how...

Well who knows, In this anime anything can really happen.
Oct 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
Ah, finally! After months of waiting for it to be released and days for the subs, I have finally finished Kekkai Sensen.

It was pretty good, I'd say. The extended time was a nice touch that was pretty much needed to try to wrap things up. I feel like I should re-watch the series at some point cause I was lost more often than I should've been. That's the problem with such a large gap between the last episode and the rest of the show. But it was good.

The first few episodes were amazing, and the rest were good (but not quite as stellar) from what I actually remember. The ending was decent at least, which is better than I expected. A bit confusing, but whatever. I'll enjoy it for what it is over what it isn't. I'm glad the ending was more bittersweet than pure sweet. I kind of figured that
Other than that, the ending was almost too positive.

And as usual, the music is amazing. Interesting that they played the full versions of the OP and ED. I didn't expect them to include the OP after the "Hello, World!" thing a few minutes in, so I was pleasantly surprised. Love it. But I do love the OP video a lot. And the ED video. The OP has such pretty visuals, while the ED is just fun.

9/10

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Oct 6, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2011
Most random anime ever. It had quite a few moments that were epic if considered on their own. But as a whole, the episodes made no sense, nor did the plot, nor did anything else. The show had potential (good music, great animation, the few epic moments as mentioned before) but conisdering everything in it, I think of it as a failure

Oct 6, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
I was quite disappointed with this last episode. It's like an episode where they throw every cliché line.
Oct 6, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
So....

Also, I wonder if Bones will do a second season as Kekkai Sensen has sold really well. Especially, with that ending clip.
RiftguardianOct 6, 2015 2:13 PM
Oct 6, 2015 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Ok, this felt like they poured the budget of an entire season into this one episode. Great artwork and great/lively animation. Also whoever created the visuals of the city is a freaking genius. I know I said this before but they outdid themselves in this final episode. Imho this let UBW look like kindergarten.

Overall this was very much in line with the rest of the show. The action was cool as fuck and the story was mediocre as fuck. 6/10 in the end for the show.
Oct 6, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
I was expecting an epic finale and while I can't deny it sort of was, it was also a huge mess. Like, is there anyone who can make any sense of Leo's actions throughout the episode? Everyhting felt random, pointless and very silly. Oh well, it wasn't that much different from the series itself.
6/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 6, 2015 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Don't you just peanut butter jelly song me.
Man this was fucking amazing. 10/10
Oct 6, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
Wow they put a lot money into the finale, the visuals were amazing and I forgot how good the soundtrack was during the wait for this episode. I thought this ep was great, whole series was just great fun to watch 9/10
Oct 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
SHEET MUSIC WHERE?????????????????

; n ;

i have a mighty need.
Oct 6, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2015
I've actually forgot what happened before... was kinda confused all the way through with all that talking. Not even sure how this ended as a 40+ mins episode - felt like could of been done in 20. Either way not complaining too much, it's a fine piece of work
Oct 6, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's no surprise that the wait wasn't really worth it except for the animation and such, that was pretty good at least.

I'd probably like the finale more if I remembered what happened since I got lost a bit. I really don't know what to say about this otherwise, it's decent overall but could've been way better especially if it wasn't episodic.

6/10
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.