MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hellsing Ultimate Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hellsing Ultimate »» Hellsing Ultimate Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
View Poll Results: Hellsing Ultimate Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

178 70.92%
4 out of 5: Liked it

45 17.93%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 5.98%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

9 3.59%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 1.59%
Voters: 251

07-27-10, 10:44 AM

Can this show get more bad ass than this ?

First time in my life I get disgusted by watching a gore anime, that scene with Alucard stabing that lady was so horrible and cruel I felt sorry for her.

The nazi major is a psycho, I wonder what he'll do to Alucard. He seems confident so far...

08-07-10, 9:01 PM

Wow these guys don't learn. ALUCARD WILL JUST SWEEP YOUR ASSES. NOONE STANDS A CHANCE AGAINST ALUCARD. MAN WHEN WILL THESE NAZI GUYS LEARN? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'LL SUCEED JUST WHEN ALUCARD WIPED YO ASSES OFF 50 YEARS AGO? Okay so now I stop raging, lol.

To be honest, I have a bad feeling about this. This Hitler guy sure is happy even though his men keep dying. Apparently his men dying is just part of his plan. I guess in every 1 of his men dying, he learns more and more about Alucard. Damn, I'm sensing an Alucard defeat in the future since he's doing so great now that it's just a nature's way that he will experience defeat sooner or later.

Okay so I am speechless about Alucard. He raped that muskateer RIP girl. At first she looked strong. Well I guess she is really strong but not Alucard strong. Clearly, Alucard raped her until she died. MAN ALUCARD WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG?!

08-28-10, 8:30 AM

This anime is way more epic than I expected, but the slapstick comedy is so bad I occasionally get an urge to thrust my fist through the monitor.

09-14-10, 12:25 AM

Wow. I mean, wow. I knew about The Major's speech beforehand, but I still wasn't prepared for this episode to be as well done as it was.

Still don't know what Iscariot's deal is. Was Anderson just given the okay to murder innocent people, or did I just mishear him?

12-22-10, 11:43 AM

I loved Schrodinger!! Voice was amazing as well as the animation.

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~

02-23-11, 12:42 PM

It get more and more hardcore with every episode <3

Btw, i lold at the various geneon anime reference in the credits, like Tokiko_Tsumura on the Major T-shirt.

04-09-11, 9:28 AM

Clearly, they need to create a manual on : "How to kill someone in an SR-71 Blackbird going in ramming speed towards your hangar ship"
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

07-30-11, 5:23 PM

This episode was full of epicness! Alucard has gone insane again and yet again, no one could stop him. The nazi screwed him pretty nice, making him to land on that ship - he can't possibly defend London now.
But what I really liked the most about this episode... it was of course Anderson. Even though he didn't get much attention, his appearance almost made me scream of enjoyment - he was so full of coolness... I barely could stand and just watch every little bit of his appearance. Well... not really just stand, but still I watched it :D

08-08-11, 9:18 PM

That was some sick speech at the end (and by sick i really mean sick...) only a nazi would grin to something like that :l still this show is badass

08-10-11, 4:11 AM

Impaled by a rifle...Gruesome!

Also, the ending sequence was funny as hell!
Please take into consideration that English is not my first language.

08-15-11, 1:57 AM

The Major's "I love war" speech is still one of the greatest villain speeches ever conceived.

01-09-12, 12:54 PM
DB Administrator
Sick episode this. Loved the Blackbird.

SuperLlama said:
The Major's "I love war" speech is still one of the greatest villain speeches ever conceived.
... in anime.

Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions Report Abuse! Master of war with plasma swords.

02-19-12, 11:39 AM

So Rip Van Winkle turned out to be a woman? Huh...well that was unexpected. It gave a whole different atmosphere to the encounter. What in the manga i pictured to be friggin' Alucard proving a point to the Nazi's, in the anime adaptation it turned into a little bit more disturbing. It was really hard to watch Alucard slowly push Rip's musket through her chest while she moans in pain. If that was their objective for the viewer to feel then they accomplished that.

Pro's for the episode:
Rip's magic bullet effects and sound. They really did make it look and sound like a magic bullet going through the air like a runaway firework.
Nice pacing. They took out only a small number of scenes that could be considered mangafiller (the parts where the SAS and the fighter pilots get shot by the magic bullet) and the part where Walter explains the plane Alucard will be flying, and they made it better when they only explained the plane to the viewer once.
They finally got rid of the silly techno beats in the background. The extra opera sounds after Rip's song fit the atmosphere of Rip's descent to hell by "Zamuel" well.
The part where Seras drinks Integras blood. I totally forgot about this when i read the manga. I always thought his first drink would come later. And was it just me or did i get an erotic-vibe from that scene? Two girls licking eachothers fingers, the master and the worker or do i just have a dirty mind?

Con's:
They didn't edit the Majors speech at all. I know it establishes that Major is psychopath who has a disturbing love for war, but it was too long. They should've splitted it in half or at'least animate the scenes of war the Major loves.

Still these are damn good episodes. The animation is still top notch and the VA's do their job even better than before. Hopefully it will stay this way.

03-11-12, 4:33 PM

This Priest and Alcards meeting are almost like a comedy routine now. Priest shows up out of now where, they both start to fight and then walk away saying I'll fight you laterz.

03-13-12, 10:39 AM

Let's start with the positive. Descent to hell and the final speech were incredible. But here's my problem.

I can't help but feel like characters are being uncomfortably inconsistent. In the first episode I felt like Alucard had a tiny sense of whimsy and flavor for fun, all while being a badass. I feel like that side of him has been completely misplaced and now he is just Satan incarnate, which is fine, but I don't appreciate being misled about his character like that. Secondly, Integra forcing Sera to drink felt totally incongruous with her desperately getting Sera to back down from her death frenzy an episode ago. That really made it seem like Integra didn't necessarily want Sera to become a total monster.

Absolutely loving this series so far but the characterization feels a little bit static.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.

03-13-12, 2:40 PM

Eckilsax said:
I can't help but feel like characters are being uncomfortably inconsistent. In the first episode I felt like Alucard had a tiny sense of whimsy and flavor for fun, all while being a badass. I feel like that side of him has been completely misplaced and now he is just Satan incarnate, which is fine, but I don't appreciate being misled about his character like that.

Well, in the first episode all Alucard's enemies except for Anderson were just incompetent losers compared to our vampire, so he was just blasting them from the way half bored making some jokes to entertain himself in the process. Now things are starting to get serious and so does Alucard. Still he is not unreasonably evil and you will see more about his personality lately.
Secondly, Integra forcing Sera to drink felt totally incongruous with her desperately getting Sera to back down from her death frenzy an episode ago. That really made it seem like Integra didn't necessarily want Sera to become a total monster.

In this series concept of a monster is different for different characters sometimes to the point of absolute contradiction. Those who express their opinion on the monster issue significantly are: Alucard, Major and Integra. Well, also Anderson. Something stated by one of them is not necessary true to the other.
The thing is, casual blood drinking from a human who is alive and well and is willing to share a little without an actual bite is pretty much not a big deal. Also Integra was trying to calm Seras down in volume 2 largely because she didn't want to see her good guards getting broken into pieces and mutilated even through they were ghoulified by the time. Still she had so much respect to their poor corpses.

03-13-12, 3:41 PM

True, she didn't want her guards to be killed needlessly, but in that scene she got oddly emotional, a rare moment of broken composure. I can also understand that drinking a few drops of blood from your master is no where near as bad as draining a random bystander. That softens this annoyance for me. But still, this blood drinking scene felt a bit too casual based on how this subplot was set up previously.

I have this sneaking feeling that the tiny shard of humanity that was being balanced delicately in the first few episodes was crushed along the way and the transition feels a little bit lost. Really as soon as this episode started I felt a little bit like scenes were missing (who's the new eye-patch-wearing recruit?). I still have high hopes for the remaining 6 episodes. I just wish the characters were defined just a little bit better. Like, my opinion of Alucard at the end of episode 1 and the end of episode 4, is completely different now.

Pretty much all my complaints in character department can be chalked up to 'this is war, the gloves are coming off'. It just means that some of the subtlety that the first episode promised is getting pushed aside. This is still a 10 for me but if the characterization doesn't improve it will drop to a 9.

03-14-12, 1:59 AM

Eckilsax said:
Really as soon as this episode started I felt a little bit like scenes were missing (who's the new eye-patch-wearing recruit?).

He was introduced in the beginning of episode 3. Pip Bernadotte, The Wild Geese mercenary squad leader. Integra felt like hiring ordinary soldiers from UK army to replace Hellsing guards killed in episode 2 won't do the job in the current situation (hence those killed guys were UK army troops to begin with), so with Walter's help she picked the best war-hardened veteran mercs available, guys participating in wars all around the globe for money. Oh, and also Pip is awesome =D.
Eckilsax said:
I can also understand that drinking a few drops of blood from your master is no where near as bad as draining a random bystander. That softens this annoyance for me. But still, this blood drinking scene felt a bit too casual based on how this subplot was set up previously.

Well, maybe that's because it wasn't set up clear enough in the first place. There will be further explanations about how this blood stuff works and in what conditions it is really extremely important and will have some truly big consequences in contrast to episode 4 casual scene with Integra. See, it's not so important simply because "OMG, drinking blood is such a typical monstrous thing to do, look at our horror cliches", no. There is a well-defined, intelligible, rational, physical reason. You'll see in the upcoming episodes.
Eckilsax said:
This is still a 10 for me but if the characterization doesn't improve it will drop to a 9.

There will be a lot of character development starting from episodes 6-7 arc and right till the very end.

03-14-12, 8:57 AM

Thanks, i think you've smoothed the creases for me. I'm more hyped to watch more now. and I'm not sure how I missed that character introduction :/ I think i was mainly confused because he's there but doesn't utter a word in this episode.

07-27-12, 2:01 PM

OMG This show is freaking amazing . It gets me so excited xD

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices