Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 4, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
^Dat random spoiler tho.
Oct 4, 2015 11:08 AM
Apr 2015
MysticLeviathan said:
SaberCapital said:

no. it has enough chapters for a volume right now. November is the month of new volume.

Just because a series has enough chapters for a new volume doesn't mean a volume will get released. However, you may be right that it gets a volume in early to mid November, looking at its release schedule for the last little while, however, it may only get a week or two on the rankings list, if that.

yh u dont know what ur talking about. look at last year?. toriko volume 32 came out in november and and volume 31 came out in september. The mangaka of toriko doesnt take breaks so it will happen and the series will make top 30

deal with it
Oct 4, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
SaberCapital said:
MysticLeviathan said:

Just because a series has enough chapters for a new volume doesn't mean a volume will get released. However, you may be right that it gets a volume in early to mid November, looking at its release schedule for the last little while, however, it may only get a week or two on the rankings list, if that.

yh u dont know what ur talking about. look at last year?. toriko volume 32 came out in november and and volume 31 came out in september. The mangaka of toriko doesnt take breaks so it will happen and the series will make top 30

deal with it

Isnt it normal for the other series to sell until the end too, so that toriko dioesnt need 250k but much more.
Oct 4, 2015 11:56 AM
Apr 2015
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
SaberCapital said:

deal with it

Isnt it normal for the other series to sell until the end too, so that toriko dioesnt need 250k but much more.

not count bnh, the other series have there anime done and no new volumes coming out
Oct 4, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
@Sabercapital
There is basically no chance for Toriko to make the Top 30 this year, new volume or not. Its sales have decreased while the sales of other series increased or remained stable.
Oct 4, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Mahoutsukai no Yome <3
Oct 4, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
Agafin said:
@Sabercapital
There is basically no chance for Toriko to make the Top 30 this year, new volume or not. Its sales have decreased while the sales of other series increased or remained stable.

But what if a cooking show that discusses Toriko's recipes gets made and the manga receives a boost as large as Kingdom's? No even bigger, closer to the one One Piece got in 2010. You will all then eat crows and Ichii will be the one laughing at the end.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 4, 2015 2:29 PM
May 2015
SaberCapital said:
MysticLeviathan said:

deal with it

gn
Jump November and December releases
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/_sp/comics/next.html
Oct 4, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
geralt said:
Agafin said:
@Sabercapital

But what if a cooking show that discusses Toriko's recipes gets made and the manga receives a boost as large as Kingdom's? No even bigger, closer to the one One Piece got in 2010. You will all then eat crows and Ichii will be the one laughing at the end.

Hey you never know if that TV show will do another anime/manga segment :)
I'm sure they have gotten offers to advertise some series.

Oh and I think that sales chart is missing toriko's November sales of last year, since it released a volume close to the cutoff date.
Oct 4, 2015 2:49 PM
May 2015
geralt said:
Agafin said:
@Sabercapital

I'm positive that if that happens, the show will choose Bambino or Soma over Toriko
Oct 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Man i hate it to wait 1 week for the manga sales, especially in a incredible week like this.
Oct 4, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
geralt said:
Agafin said:
@Sabercapital

LMAO. If Toriko ever gets a boost of any sort, then Ichii's enthusiasm might reach... um unhealthy levels.

@Ichii Just to mentally prepare you, this might be the last year with Bleach in Top 30 as well.
Oct 4, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
Agafin said:
geralt said:

LMAO. If Toriko ever gets a boost of any sort, then Ichii's enthusiasm might reach... um unhealthy levels.

@Ichii Just to mentally prepare you, this might be the last year with Bleach in Top 30 as well.

Bleach is ending anyway.
Oct 4, 2015 3:23 PM
May 2015
Agafin said:
geralt said:

Where do you think Bleach will place this year?
I'm thinking around #24
Oct 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Jun 2015
UchihaProdigy1 said:
Agafin said:

Where do you think Bleach will place this year?
I'm thinking around #24

I think around #20.
Oct 4, 2015 4:18 PM
Apr 2015
UchihaProdigy1 said:
SaberCapital said:

deal with it

gn
Jump November and December releases
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/_sp/comics/next.html

how/
Oct 4, 2015 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
Agafin said:

Stop :'(

LMFAO XD
Unless the cutoff raises to 3 million or it only releases 2 volumes that's not happening.
and bleach isn't ending anytime soon btw.
Oct 4, 2015 10:16 PM
Sep 2014
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
Man i hate it to wait 1 week for the manga sales, especially in a incredible week like this.

why are you so obsessed with sales?

rest assured One Piece will be number 1. Even if it doesn't release a new volume it will be number 1.
Oct 5, 2015 1:27 AM
Sep 2014
RedHair-Shanks said:
AdmiralKizaru98 said:

why are you so obsessed with sales?

rest assured One Piece will be number 1. Even if it doesn't release a new volume it will be number 1.

Maybe because we are in a thread about manga sales and he wants something to discuss?
Oct 5, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2014
Tokyo Ghoul is love. Tokyo Ghoul: re is life. ;-)
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 5, 2015 8:41 AM
Sep 2014
One Piece, Haikyuu, and Assassination Classroom all released on the 3rd. All are going to sell a buttload of volumes.

We all know One Piece will be in 1st, that's how it always is and always will be. However, the AC/Haikyuu race will be interesting. However, it's very hard to not give the nod to Haikyuu, as their new anime season literally started right as their new volume came out, and AC's anime is long since done. According to the blog that counts daily sales, Haikyuu was indeed ranked above AC. I'm more curious how much each will sell. But it's indeed interesting.
Oct 5, 2015 8:46 AM
Apr 2015
MysticLeviathan said:
One Piece, Haikyuu, and Assassination Classroom all released on the 3rd. All are going to sell a buttload of volumes.

We all know One Piece will be in 1st, that's how it always is and always will be. However, the AC/Haikyuu race will be interesting. However, it's very hard to not give the nod to Haikyuu, as their new anime season literally started right as their new volume came out, and AC's anime is long since done. According to the blog that counts daily sales, Haikyuu was indeed ranked above AC. I'm more curious how much each will sell. But it's indeed interesting.

haikyuu is the slam dunk of this time
Oct 5, 2015 9:53 AM
Sep 2014
SaberCapital said:
MysticLeviathan said:

No way, it hasn't been nor will it ever be as popular as Slam Dunk. KnB was FAR more popular when it was running. Haikyuu is good and is the most popular ongoing sports series, but it's no Slam Dunk.
Oct 5, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
MysticLeviathan said:
SaberCapital said:

No way, it hasn't been nor will it ever be as popular as Slam Dunk. KnB was FAR more popular when it was running. Haikyuu is good and is the most popular ongoing sports series, but it's no Slam Dunk.
a KnB volume never sold 900k in a year, Haikyuu did it in 6 months....Haikyuu is probably selling better than 2009 Bleach at this point....
chrisbjOct 5, 2015 10:28 AM
Oct 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
MysticLeviathan said:
SaberCapital said:

Eh, Haikyuu is no Slam Dunk but it is definitely more popular than KnB, both the anime and the manga.
Oct 5, 2015 10:44 AM
May 2015
MysticLeviathan said:

I feel like OP is always number 1 both in the first and second week of release. Has One Piece ever failed to be #1 on the second week?
Oct 5, 2015 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
Telemac said:
MysticLeviathan said:

I feel like OP is always number 1 both in the first and second week of release. Has One Piece ever failed to be #1 on the second week?

Uhh yes of course. It all depends on the competition it receives on its second week.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=232272
*1, 473,058 *,473,058 Kimi ni Todoke vol.11
*2, 379,876 1,960,633 One Piece vol.58

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=255309
*1, 781,466 *,781,466 Fullmetal Alchemist vol.26
*2, 317,944 2,170,485 One Piece vol.59

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=442543
*1, 473,164 *,473,164 Kimi ni Todoke vol.16
*2, 414,099 2,689,552 One Piece vol.66

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=650457
*1. 764,022 *,764,022 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.11
*2. 686,930 2,229,064 One Piece Vol.71

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1373831
*1. 868,694 *,868,694 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.16
*2. 630,426 2,298,651 One Piece Vol.77

It's also worth noting that One Piece is very frontloaded. Its sales basically explode in its first week to the point that other weeks sell relatively little compared to how other manga sell (proportionately).
Oct 5, 2015 2:06 PM
Sep 2015
This question is kinda late but was there any promotion for Mahou Tsukai no Yome ? Was it a cd drama ?

I remember the first volume sold less than 20k, than vol 2 onward it sold for 300k+ copies . I'm excited to see this series grow, next volume will be out next year in March .
Oct 5, 2015 2:48 PM

Sep 2013
giathuan2707 said:
This question is kinda late but was there any promotion for Mahou Tsukai no Yome ? Was it a cd drama ?

I remember the first volume sold less than 20k, than vol 2 onward it sold for 300k+ copies . I'm excited to see this series grow, next volume will be out next year in March .

A drama CD was announced last month.
I think it was voted on as one of the best new series by by different stores/polls at the start of the year, so that's probably it.
Oct 5, 2015 3:03 PM
Apr 2015
Kingdom needs an anime from a different studio by now. Will it happen/
Oct 5, 2015 3:34 PM
Sep 2014
SaberCapital said:

Probably not for several more years. If someone like Madhouse can somehow take it up, I think it can explode. A big issue with not just the Kingdom anime, but the Toriko anime among others is the studios do a crap job at adapting the series. I look at the Toriko anime and it was so totally different from the manga. They tried to force certain elements, and it didn't fit at all. When it comes to the Kingdom anime, it was treated as a generic shonen rather than a seinen or even a more dark shonen. I look at Hunter x Hunter and Madhouse's adaptation with that, and I feel like they were able ot capture the manga so well, which is why it is so beloved and such an amazing series.

The good news is Kingdom is getting major attention, and being #5 for a year is pretty frekaing impressive, so I still feel that at the very least, there will be a season 3. However, so much of the success were due to that one TV show, so next year it may drop way down again, who knows. I just hope that the success it's had in the second half of the year might've encouraged new production for an anime. At least it has that, where Toriko can't even crack top 30, which means the likelihood it gets another anime or a continuation is very low. But if Kingdom got a legit good anime, it can really grow in popularity in the west.
Oct 5, 2015 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
MysticLeviathan said:
SaberCapital said:

Probably not for several more years. If someone like Madhouse can somehow take it up, I think it can explode. A big issue with not just the Kingdom anime, but the Toriko anime among others is the studios do a crap job at adapting the series. I look at the Toriko anime and it was so totally different from the manga. They tried to force certain elements, and it didn't fit at all. When it comes to the Kingdom anime, it was treated as a generic shonen rather than a seinen or even a more dark shonen. I look at Hunter x Hunter and Madhouse's adaptation with that, and I feel like they were able ot capture the manga so well, which is why it is so beloved and such an amazing series.

Bad news to you. The Hunter x Hunter 2011 adaptation isn't as beloved as you think. Also if you're talking of capturing the manga, Nippon Animation did way better, and also was way, but way way more popular than this new adaptation.

About Toriko, I totally disagree. Also Toriko anime was more popular than Hunter x Hunter 2011, so ...

And before you come and say that HunterxHunter 2011 wasn't more popular because it was a remake, look at Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and how even not being as popular as the first anime in proportion did way better.
Oct 5, 2015 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
aboe said:
i blame everything on toei for making toriko a kingdom like anime

every toriko maga readers know that toriko has countles moments that can be the hype moment of the year like adult gon transformation.

and the thing is it seems that toriko is being rushed atm but idk that for certain

I'm going to give toriko a good binge read just to see what all the hype is about. The good thing is that I've already read 3 chapters of the manga and it wasn't as painful to read as boku no hero academia. That series was just too hard to stomach.
Oct 5, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
aboe said:

every toriko maga readers know that toriko has countles moments that can be the hype moment of the year like adult gon transformation.

and the thing is it seems that toriko is being rushed atm but idk that for certain

I don't know if anybody corrected you, probably did, but Kingdom anime isn't made by Toei, but Studio Pierrot!
Oct 5, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2015
bigivelfhq said:
aboe said:

I don't know if anybody corrected you, probably did, but Kingdom anime isn't made by Toei, but Studio Pierrot!

He meant for making Toriko like Kingdom.
Oct 5, 2015 7:42 PM
Sep 2014
bigivelfhq said:
aboe said:

What he was trying to say is that Toriko's anime was garbage and did more harm than good for the series in the long run.
Oct 5, 2015 7:57 PM
Apr 2015
bigivelfhq said:
MysticLeviathan said:

Bad news to you. The Hunter x Hunter 2011 adaptation isn't as beloved as you think. Also if you're talking of capturing the manga, Nippon Animation did way better, and also was way, but way way more popular than this new adaptation.

About Toriko, I totally disagree. Also Toriko anime was more popular than Hunter x Hunter 2011, so ...

And before you come and say that HunterxHunter 2011 wasn't more popular because it was a remake, look at Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and how even not being as popular as the first anime in proportion did way better.

Hunter x Hunter gets stupidly praise but I disagree with you. More scenes are censored in the 1999 version than the 2011 anime. Narrations didnt exsit in the 1999 ver. and the 2011 did everything mostly panel by panel. (yh i know that 2011 skipped out on some stuff in the start but overall 2011 was a better adaptation)

the toriko anime is for kids/ there is a reason why they censor everything. It is not as intense as the manga
Oct 5, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:

Comparing TV ratings now to back then isn't fair either, since TV isn't as big anymore, getting 148 episodes is a sign of a big success.
And wasn't there something about the publisher not wanting to fund it anymore but other people did cause I remember something like that :(
The problem is togashi and his hiatuses which is why the anime 2011 didn't get it's full potential in sales.

keragamming said:

I'm going to give toriko a good binge read just to see what all the hype is about. The good thing is that I've already read 3 chapters of the manga and it wasn't as painful to read as boku no hero academia. That series was just too hard to stomach.

It's an adventure/action/fantasy series, just don't go into it with false expectations.
Oct 6, 2015 12:54 AM

Aug 2013
Snow said:
*4. 114,949 *,226,840 Major 2nd Vol.2

ANIME WHEN?!
Oct 6, 2015 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
bigivelfhq said:
MysticLeviathan said:

I think HxH 11 was moderately popular, given it recieved 2 movies & madhouse/ntv continued the series even when shuiesha stopped funding. Tho I have nothing to compare it with toriko

also I disagree with the adaptation part. Both nippon/MH did a good job and both had their downs. HxH11 got better with each arc (adaption wise)
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Oct 6, 2015 1:15 PM
Sep 2014
eromangasensei said:
bigivelfhq said:

I think HxH 11 was moderately popular, given it recieved 2 movies & madhouse/ntv continued the series even when shuiesha stopped funding. Tho I have nothing to compare it with toriko

also I disagree with the adaptation part. Both nippon/MH did a good job and both had their downs. HxH11 got better with each arc (adaption wise)

What! Shuiesha stopped funding it, why?
Oct 6, 2015 1:19 PM
Sep 2014
Didn't Madhouse almost go bankrupt due to the HxH anime? I feel like I read that somewhere.
Oct 6, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
MysticLeviathan said:
Didn't Madhouse almost go bankrupt due to the HxH anime? I feel like I read that somewhere.

No, it was just after them being saved by NTV that they started doing HxH.

I would guess that when NTV bought Madhouse forced them to do a long running mainstream anime in their channel. Before that Madhouse didn't had a long running series in ages, and right now HxH is the longest continuous series Madhouse made.
Oct 6, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
RedHair-Shanks said:
eromangasensei said:

I don't know, but I would assume that wouldn't make sense to continue due to the stagnation of the volume sales. Basically at that point the series continuing or not wouldn't mean much for the company.
Oct 6, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:
RedHair-Shanks said:

I don't know, but I would assume that wouldn't make sense to continue due to the stagnation of the volume sales. Basically at that point the series continuing or not wouldn't mean much for the company.

hunter x hunter manga ended and the Haitus x Haitus manga started.
Oct 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
bigivelfhq said:

What? You know that Shueisha stopped funding the anime during the Chimera Ant Arc right? It was the time where they had to change timeslots. At that time the manga didn't even have returned from hiatus, even less getting back to it again.
Oct 6, 2015 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:
ichii_1 said:

What? You know that Shueisha stopped funding the anime during the Chimera Ant Arc right? It was the time where they had to change timeslots. At that time the manga didn't even have returned from hiatus, even less getting back to it again.

How does that change the fact they didn't want to fund it cause of the hiatus?
togashi was releasing chapters when it started but not even them expected this level of hiatus again.
Every time I look at this chart it disgusts me :(
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140904151609/hunterxhunter/images/c/c7/Hiatus_Chart.png
Oct 6, 2015 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
bigivelfhq said:

How does that change the fact they didn't want to fund it cause of the hiatus?
togashi was releasing chapters when it started but not even them expected this level of hiatus again.
Every time I look at this chart it disgusts me :(
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140904151609/hunterxhunter/images/c/c7/Hiatus_Chart.png

They were already funding the anime for the first 2 years while the manga was still in hiatus!

If by "didn't want to fund it cause of the hiatus" you're in reality are saying "there is no more new volumes coming and the backlog already got every boost the anime could give" than I would say yes.
Indirectly the reason for that state was the prolonged hiatus, but they didn't stopped because of the hiatus, but of the state the hiatus put them in.
Oct 6, 2015 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
bigivelfhq said:
They were already funding the anime for the first 2 years while the manga was still in hiatus!
There were two new volumes released in Dec 2013 and those were still being sold in 2014, just a few weeks/months before Shueishia stopped funding.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

67 by Destinesia »»
12 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.