Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
Well going to miss this.

The ending showing the situation of the world made me want to read the LN, guess they accomplished their objective.
Sep 29, 2015 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Merkk said:
Mid-fight info dumps are pretty much the bane of every interesting fight scene. Madhouse should not be adapting LN's, leave that to J.C Staff instead. Btw, what kind of Supreme Being are you when you have to use around 10 cash items, 20 buffs and all your MP to defeat one of your underlings.
Lenient 8/10, still more entertaining than Shit Fart Online.

Shaltear is a Floor boss, she was meant to fight against lots of enemys at the same time. Against just one she would be frigging OP.

Its like doing a 25 man raid alone!
Sep 29, 2015 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
All those cash shop items, someone is playing a P2W game, tsk tsk xD

Jokes asside the season was well wraped and the new characters introduced, hopefully we will get a season 2! :D
Sep 29, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
My absolute favorite anime this season.

Loved it from start to end.

Really hope it gets a 2nd season.

9.5/10
Sep 29, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2015
Fun yet predictable fight.

I'd say overall 7/10. Had some great early moments but lost itself around episode 4-10 imo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 29, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
the series felt dull in the latest episodes (the last arc), the pacing was very slow and sometimes it fels like nothing is happening, and to finish, it end in a clinfthanger which calls a second season which we never are going to get, very disappointing.

6/10.
Sep 29, 2015 7:21 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty good ending. The beginning episodes of this show were pretty boring, but the show got better later on. I'd like to see another season of this show.
Sep 29, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
we need more demon story focus show there so many amout human story already decent adaptation 8/10
Sep 29, 2015 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
Great show. Really enjoyed it from the first episode to the last. 9/10
Sep 29, 2015 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
Temph said:
All those cash shop items, someone is playing a P2W game, tsk tsk xD
I think he only used 2 cash shop items (the Popsicle sticks that hid his weapons and the hourglass-like thing at the end).
Sep 29, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2015
the battle was truthfully underwhelming, however, good news that it ended in an epic note and the story leads to a season 2! i cant wait, ti will prob be at least a year before the next season ;( and i wonder how they will do the dub and if it will be trash or not.
Sep 29, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
Well, that was an epic fight if I do say so myself.
And it was such a shame that the old lady that use mind control on Shalltear is still alive...
500 millions gold to revive Shalltear...that sure is a lot of gold.
At least Shalltear is back...and the story is just getting better.
9/10 NEED SEASON 2 NOW! (P.S Shalltear still best girl)
Sep 29, 2015 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ainz won against Shalltear.

It was good to see Shalltear is back to her sense.
Sep 29, 2015 7:34 PM
Jan 2015
3/10, 4/10?
lol
What is a fucking 10/10 to you?
Every single anime of this season was at least weaker than this if not just plain bad. Charlotte was crap, Classroom Crisis is in debt with me (I want my time back for that shitty anime), Rokka no Yuusha was meh. Please, tell me what is good in this season besides Overlord.
Prison School and Shimoneta were both great but they are ecchi (with a lot of fanservice).
The best anime of this season for me is Ushio to Tora but it is 26 not 12-13 episodes.
Overlord for me was just great, easily 10/10. I was overwhelming by the fighting scenes and the drama around the world of Overlord.
Now, if you're going to compare every fkn anime to their respective novels, please save me from your chatter.
Sep 29, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
It felt rushed and really underwhelming.

7/10 because it had me for a while, it is sad to see it end like this.
Sep 29, 2015 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
Had fun with the series, probably a 6/10 but i enjoyed it and i like fantasy so imma be biased and give it an 8! So many things said at the end, will there be a sequel? I'd love to watch it!

Ah resurrected Shalltear was cute af!
Sep 29, 2015 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
Overrated, but a good watch.
Jaywalker.
Sep 29, 2015 8:04 PM

Nov 2013
9/10 who cares about the predictable fight, it could worst even nazarik will crumble if Ains lost in that fight.

on to the LN!
blitz_21xSep 29, 2015 8:08 PM
Sep 29, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2012
6 but I liked the premise of the show so....... 7/10

Just wished the series had more episodes and bigger budget. The source itself seems pretty good tbh.

Sep 29, 2015 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
Pretty disappointed in that. Ainz said the most important thing in PvP is deceiving the other player with false information. Well from the looks of it, it seems to be who spends more of cash items.

Well, regardless, the show was still enjoyable... I guess.

Yeah Ainz is just a pay2win scrublord XD
Sep 29, 2015 8:10 PM

Jun 2015
error5000 said:
the series felt dull in the latest episodes (the last arc), the pacing was very slow and sometimes it fels like nothing is happening, and to finish, it end in a clinfthanger which calls a second season which we never are going to get, very disappointing.

6/10.

I wouldn't say "never going to get" it looks like its selling well in japan, and the LN's got a huge boost aswell.

As for the series even though I had minor issues with the animation, pacing in the second half it was a really fun ride, one of the more enjoyable shows this season.
8/10

Edit: Almost forgot; obligatory,
AnimeEnTrancedSep 29, 2015 8:21 PM
Sep 29, 2015 8:13 PM
Jun 2015
I'm on the boat that read the LN and this entire series felt rushed from all the missing details from what i've been reading there's actually enough stuff there for a 24 episode season. Just a quick example from the point they where luring people out from the restaurant to the point shalltear got mind controlled was actually 3 entire chapters from the LN but trying to shove it entirely into a 20 minute episode was crazy, they just chopped and jammed a bunch of scenes in there and hoped to get the point across. When they did that it lost alot of the setting and feeling the viewer/reader would of had on the characters.

But like others said there wasn't enough money to go that far so unfortunately 13 is as much as we'll get. I would like to see more and hope this does well in sales else it'll be a one season show. I'd still give this a 8/10 since I used to MMO in the past and everything was soo easy to relate to which was fun to watch.
Sep 29, 2015 8:24 PM

Feb 2010
AAAINS-SAMA
MY BOOBS ARE GONE!!!
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 29, 2015 8:25 PM

Feb 2010
eslej said:
They didn't show the lizardmen at all. Hope to see it animated soon. .

They're basically aliens with tails.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2007
On one hand, I loved the last 5 minutes of the episode (basically from when the OP started playing) for all the set up for future events. On the other hand, the fight itself... left much to be desire. It was just underwhelming, which is what this whole adaptation felt.

It's clear that both Madhouse and the sponsors (i.e. Kadokawa) were not expecting the series to be as successful as it's become (in terms of being an advertisement to sell more LNs) and it really shows. Lackluster budget throughout the whole thing, weird pacing and stilted direction. This series could've been so much better at the hands of a more competent director and committee team.

Not to mention the adaptation of volume 3 is bad. Really unfortunate since its the best volume out of the ones adapted. For anyone picking up the light novels, I highly recommend (if you don't feel like starting from the beginning) that you begin from volume 3.
z-pakSep 29, 2015 8:32 PM
Sep 29, 2015 8:30 PM
Jun 2015
NandolSFCl said:
3/10, 4/10?
lol
What is a fucking 10/10 to you?
Every single anime of this season was at least weaker than this if not just plain bad. Charlotte was crap, Classroom Crisis is in debt with me (I want my time back for that shitty anime), Rokka no Yuusha was meh. Please, tell me what is good in this season besides Overlord.
Prison School and Shimoneta were both great but they are ecchi (with a lot of fanservice).
The best anime of this season for me is Ushio to Tora but it is 26 not 12-13 episodes.
Overlord for me was just great, easily 10/10. I was overwhelming by the fighting scenes and the drama around the world of Overlord.
Now, if you're going to compare every fkn anime to their respective novels, please save me from your chatter.

10/10 are spot reserved for only the best of the best anime in one's opinion. This is, no doubt, not worthy of the title "one of the best anime", therefore its only logical to rate this anime a bit lower. I do agree that this anime is not too terrible but giving it a 10 seems a little bit too forgiving.
Sep 29, 2015 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this anime overall:

Okay this anime was really good and I really liked it.
If there would be a sequel, I will definitely gonna watch it.
Anyway, I will rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) score over all.
It's just too bad it had ended now and I will definitely gonna miss this!
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 29, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2015
It has so much potential to exploit using the political and military schemes. Shame it ended being just a MEH.
Sep 29, 2015 8:44 PM
Aug 2010
it was a fun ride, but the way the episode ended made me feel like there is going to be a season 2. A lot of foreshadowing.
Sep 29, 2015 8:45 PM
Aug 2015
Honestly, the whole summer season was weak, but this wasnt bad at all. Its not something I'll remeber half a year from now, but nevertheless Im pumped for season 2 XD
I hate it when my sig disappears
Sep 29, 2015 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
this show was really boring for me 5/10 the only part i really enjoyed was the clementine thing but other than that all the characters were really weird and unlikeable and the overall plot was boring. the fights werent anything special and didnt look well animated ): every time it was ALL ACCORDING TO THE SKELETON LICHS PLAN like okay whatever. nabe was probably the exception to the annoying characters. shalltears voice acting sucked. idk the opening song really annoyed me too. ill watch a second season if they have an attractive male character lol.
Sep 29, 2015 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
AnimeEnTranced said:
error5000 said:

6/10.

I wouldn't say "never going to get" it looks like its selling well in japan, and the LN's got a huge boost aswell.

As for the series even though I had minor issues with the animation, pacing in the second half it was a really fun ride, one of the more enjoyable shows this season.
8/10

Edit: Almost forgot; obligatory,

It's because Madhouse, the studio that animated this, doesn't often do sequels. I would honestly count this as mostly filler content til their next project. If you didn't notice the quality wasn't exactly spectacular compared to their usual as well as past episodes.
Sep 29, 2015 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Not bad. I get that it takes a good amount of world building to make a show have a solid foundation. So I was content with the slower pacing, since we got to learn about items, abilities, things that are similar/different, threats, whatnot. I know some of the more action oriented stuff comes later in the novels.

Will THIS be the show that finally breaks the Madhouse streak of no sequels?!?!? Probably not, but we'll see.

Paulo27 said:
Holy.
SHIT.
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME WATCH THEM FIGHT.
Like the damn characters fighting didn't talk enough themselves now side characters have to come in and talk as well.
Here it is guys, your perfect adaption, woohoo, want to watch them fight? Lol nope because in the source the side characters stop it every other minute to explain what's happening because you know what, fuck you, that's what.
God's balls, who gives a shit about whether or not she might still have a chance to win because of her weapon and who gives a shit about the reason why that weapon won't work or how it works or anything.

Are you EXCITED yet? No? Oh, too bad.

Shut the fuck up.
Sep 29, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
Shame no continuation announcement after the set up. Should see something in the future.
Sep 29, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2007
the moral of the story is that pay 2 win is the way to go
Sep 29, 2015 9:16 PM

Mar 2013
I hate with a passion how such an amazing show it's finished. Can't believe I enjoyed this to such extent. Could give some complains about the pacing but I will ignore this time. Amazing job the seiyuus too. Was awesome, and would love a second season, to bad this is Madhouse. 9/10
Also, Albedo best girl!
Sep 29, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
The last few minutes sure set up a lot. It would be a real shame if there wasn't a sequel. Overall really liked this take on the genre. Would like for the outside world to be referenced sometime in the future. It's unclear how the game is set up.
8/10
Sep 29, 2015 9:24 PM

Feb 2009
jhoson14 said:
Merkk said:
Mid-fight info dumps are pretty much the bane of every interesting fight scene. Madhouse should not be adapting LN's, leave that to J.C Staff instead. Btw, what kind of Supreme Being are you when you have to use around 10 cash items, 20 buffs and all your MP to defeat one of your underlings.
Lenient 8/10, still more entertaining than Shit Fart Online.

Shaltear is a Floor boss, she was meant to fight against lots of enemys at the same time. Against just one she would be frigging OP.

Atleast someone gets it.
Sep 29, 2015 9:34 PM

Feb 2015

Momonga's armor looked cool. Interesting fight, though we all knew he was gonna win against Shalltear.

Shalltear looks great with her hair down. They set up a lot of story lines in the finale. Probably gonna be a S2.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2015 9:39 PM

Mar 2014
jhoson14 said:

Ainz's earlier The Goal Of All Life Is Death nuke instantly killed Shalltear, that's what the anime lead me to believe. Someone explain to me how Ainz, a player, had this insanely OP skill which killed a raid-tier boss instantly.

Sep 29, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2014
No chair scene but lose boobs instead.
They never explained what happen to his body lies diving in the real world, doesn't look like he cares to find out how to log off too. And the NPCs need not to worry about his in-game death, by the law of MMO he will be resurrected always. So he's basically immortal in game, but receiving intravenous fluid somewhere in a hospital.
Sep 29, 2015 9:46 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice, Momon revived Shalltear, it's good that this anime didn't remove the character as attractive as her, I just hope she wouldn't transform into that ugly lamprey anymore, it ruins her attractiveness.

...and Albedo was being creepy once again *sigh*

It was a satisfying finale, but still this definitely needs second season, hope there would be produced.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 29, 2015 9:47 PM

May 2011
The first few episodes were weird and boring.

It got really amazing mid-way through the season. Was starting to have high expectation for this anime

However it became really weird and disappointing at the last few episodes.

Overall I would give a 7/10.
Sep 29, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2013
Please Madhouse, please. If you can only ever do 1 season 2, let it be this. It's worth it IMO to sacrifice Irregular at Magic High School and even No Game No Life for this.
Sep 29, 2015 9:52 PM

May 2012
entertaining i guess, i would watch a sequel if they ever come out with one
Sep 29, 2015 9:54 PM
Oct 2011
Merkk said:
jhoson14 said:

Ainz's earlier The Goal Of All Life Is Death nuke instantly killed Shalltear, that's what the anime lead me to believe. Someone explain to me how Ainz, a player, had this insanely OP skill which killed a raid-tier boss instantly.
She's not exactly raid-tier you are thinking off(That actually might be Rubedo) But pretty strong to take on a few players by herself even if she cant win.The guardians are very specialized and mainly utilize their floors(traps) and servants to deal with the intruders, they don't fight alone.
Sep 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
Well, just shows that most MMORPG is always pay to win. LOL.
There are good and bad parts, but definitely enjoyed Overlord. I would welcome a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
Overall rating is 8. Sad to say the most lacking resource seems to be TIME. Overlord is very vast. I have just cracked volume 4 so trying to boil it down to a 13 episode serious and getting this as a result is actually a praise worthy fucking miracle. Least to say I am glad I at least got this over nothing at all.

This is Madhouse and I hold them to a higher standard. Watch Redline, Hellsing Ultimate, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, Black Lagoon The Second Barrage, to name just a few, where they can show God-Tier animation, production, and chorography, when they have enough time to do so. Personally it is a little hard to just let that slide. Now mind you they did not have fuck ups like DBS on some Keyframes/tweens to where it was painful nor did they outright forget to texture objects in the scene or frame crop during CGI builds like SnK ran into so for that I give them credit. They delivered solidness; I can only imagine the compromises the director had to make on the story boards given the vast amount of material to draw from. Even sourcing out help would prove challenging on the time frames with Unlimited Budget Works which is automatically out of the question when dealing with Kadokawa (Media Factory).

The score is well arranged and while simpler than other shows it is executed well. Felt like I was right in the thick of it during the fights and the upsert OP that is Ainz. I already have the Opening added to my coding playlist.

This was my Tuesday favorite and I will miss it. I can only hope for a Season 2 like anything else.
Sep 29, 2015 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Merkk said:
jhoson14 said:

She's not raid tier boss level, she's just the worst matchup for Ainz, touch me would beat shalltear easily.
The guilds benefits and area effects are the real threats for raiders.
Ainz has a rare class called the "eclipse class" one of the skills let's him strengthen his instant death skills.
Sep 29, 2015 10:08 PM

Nov 2014
Cthru said:
Honestly, the whole summer season was weak, but this wasnt bad at all. Its not something I'll remeber half a year from now, but nevertheless Im pumped for season 2 XD

Not as weak as the last two seasons though.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Yesterday, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
Apr 22, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.