Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2015 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
Perhaps a pastebin link would be better.
Sep 28, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2011
Guess this means i have a unique team, i'm guessing that's a bad thing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 28, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2014
Zee530 said:
Guess this means i have a unique team, i'm guessing that's a bad thing.
It's actually a good thing because it's easier to get the top team of the week bonus.
Sep 28, 2015 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
Seems like a fairly mediocre season. Hedging my bets on the shota ecchi show to do just as well as Shimoneta this season. Of the 3 LN adaptations that looked exactly the same, Taimadou 35 seemed the weakest based on PTW numbers. I hope I made the right call.

And like many others, I'm fairly surprised at how many picked Owarimonogatari. The tears when it ends up with a mid-table finish will be delicious.
Sep 28, 2015 4:08 AM

Jul 2012
Submitted my team with Owarimonogatari first, but removed it later. Now that I see that it is the most chosen I'm kind of regretting my actions.

I guess like always I will go with the flow one more time...
Sep 28, 2015 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
Insem said:
And like many others, I'm fairly surprised at how many picked Owarimonogatari. The tears when it ends up with a mid-table finish will be delicious.

I think the Asterisk War pickers will be the ones shedding tears :P
Sep 28, 2015 4:38 AM

Mar 2012
Red_Tuesday said:
Insem said:

No Asterisk will be less hyped version of Date A Live. Look at the amount of advertisement it get before it even air.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 28, 2015 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Red_Tuesday said:

No Asterisk will be less hyped version of Date A Live. Look at the amount of advertisement it get before it even air.

That's exactly why I expect it to bomb, all the marketing push was targeted towards the west, indicating lack of faith it would do much in Japan. I expect it to rack up points in the first 3 weeks, then get sour with low ratings and many drops.
Sep 28, 2015 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
NeoAnkara said:

That's exactly why I expect it to bomb, all the marketing push was targeted towards the west, indicating lack of faith it would do much in Japan. I expect it to rack up points in the first 3 weeks, then get sour with low ratings and many drops.

Isn't that majority of the competition? *nervous laughter*, my bench anime are pretty terrible...

I'm taking a gamble on Comet Lucifer hoping it won't be too bad. Ah...this is my first FAL but the anime spread is not very good...
Sep 28, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2008
Red_Tuesday said:
NeoAnkara said:

And there's is good reason behind it. Another is massive in the MAL community, but totally bombed in Japajn. Sankarea won FAL Spring 2012, but have a very mediocre BD sales game.

On the other hand, Girls und Panzer performed so well in Japan that they couldn't prind enough BDs to meet supply, but it was mostly overlooked in the western community, putting in an extremely average FAL performance.

Japanese popularity means pretty much nothing for FAL.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Sep 28, 2015 6:46 AM

Jun 2014
me and three others are gonna win this
Sep 28, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2010
I always had a unique team for FAL but this is the first time i am surprised about having a unique team.
I had a hard time picking a team.

And seeing the collection of anime this time i was pretty sure someone else would have the same team as me.
Unique teams are a good thing, you don't have to share the first place.
Or the last place...
Sep 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
This is the first time I've tried this and I've got a unique team; I guess time will tell if I picked well or not.
Kind of more focused on what I think will be popular rather than what I think will deserve to be popular based on how good it is; I'm definitely nervous as that's what I based my picks on haha
Sep 28, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2012
RDLVAlmond said:
This is the first time I've tried this and I've got a unique team; I guess time will tell if I picked well or not.
Kind of more focused on what I think will be popular rather than what I think will deserve to be popular based on how good it is; I'm definitely nervous as that's what I based my picks on haha
Thats the right thinking in picking a team though
Sep 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
MFK said:
RDLVAlmond said:

Yeah you're probably right...I just felt a bit weird picking certain choices I had zero interest in personally.
Sep 28, 2015 7:03 PM

Nov 2011
RDLVAlmond said:
MFK said:

Yeah you're probably right...I just felt a bit weird picking certain choices I had zero interest in personally.

That's the biggest newbie hurdle imo. You'll get used to it.
Sep 28, 2015 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, never expected to get a unique team for my 2nd FAL since there's lots who had the same team as me in my first FAL. I'm just picking teams mostly based on PTWs and personal interests this time so I hope the end result won't be too bad. :P
EasyGo-erSep 29, 2015 12:31 AM

Sep 29, 2015 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
I have zero interest in any of the LN adaptations this season...but like everything with high PTW is a LN...I got a unique team too...
Sep 29, 2015 5:50 AM
Jun 2015
Unique team? Oh...well guess I will come last :P
Sep 29, 2015 8:18 AM

Feb 2015
I'm confused here. Is having a unique team good or bad?
Sep 29, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
-Deoxys- said:
Mostly good, only thing good about sharing a team is that you might end up ranked with someone else so when someone nukes you you might avoid it, good things about having a unique team is stuff like getting the unique team bonus easier (since you're likely never going to be sharing a ranking then) and not being tied to your benches in case you make it first with other people. I guess the people saying it's a bad thing here is mostly because they think they'll do worse because they didn't pick the same team as everyone else, i.e. they chose wrong.
Sep 29, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
Subete seems to be racking members quite decently, it seems it was a good decision to put it in benched, actually I should have probably put it in my main team.
Sep 29, 2015 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Paulo27 said:
-Deoxys- said:
Mostly good, only thing good about sharing a team is that you might end up ranked with someone else so when someone nukes you you might avoid it, good things about having a unique team is stuff like getting the unique team bonus easier (since you're likely never going to be sharing a ranking then) and not being tied to your benches in case you make it first with other people. I guess the people saying it's a bad thing here is mostly because they think they'll do worse because they didn't pick the same team as everyone else, i.e. they chose wrong.

Thanks for the info. It's my first time playing this game and I'm actually kinda nervous. I think I made a good team. let's see what happens at the end of the season.
Sep 29, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2011
A unique team, you say? I suppose thats not bad. All but one of my choices are pretty high on the board though, so I'm surprised that my team still ended up with unique status...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
8 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.