Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2012
You can base your criteria on story alone, gameplay, overall, or whatever you want.

Mine would be something like:
FE9=FE10>FE8>FE12>FE4>FE2>FE6>FE11>FE13>FE7

I haven't played 1,2 and 5 (Thracia) yet, and am currently playing FE6(it's more on-hold tbh) and haven't finished 12 because reasons.

I got into the series with 8/9. I bought both on the same day and really loved them.

7 characters/story never interested me, and that's pretty much what carries a FE game for me in the 1st run so... 6 is a bit better in the character department.
The first time I played 13 I thought it was alright. But after I got into the endgame I noticed it's one of the weakest by far, with bad supports and bad characters.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
FE9=FE4 > FE8 > FE5 > FE7 > FE10 > FE13 > FE12 > FE6 > FE11 > FE3 > FE1 > FE2

Pfft, you placed 6 after 7?

Nub.
Sep 27, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2010
My favorites > Your favorites
Sep 27, 2015 10:55 AM
Sep 2014
I've only played a few fire emblem games.

Sacred Stones > Path of Radiance > Awakening > Binding Blade
Sep 27, 2015 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
Only played Path of Radiance and, hence:

Path of Radiance>FE GBA
Sep 27, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:
K
CommanderCaim said:

Nub.
Guinevere > FE7
Also, Hector is bad, Eliwood is passable and Lynn is just...there. Mark is the worst self-insert as well.
Sep 27, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2010
BluexMage said:
Thrashinuva said:
K
CommanderCaim said:

Nub.
Guinevere > FE7
Also, Hector is bad, Eliwood is passable and Lynn is just...there. Mark is the worst self-insert as well.

Hector is one of the most broken units in the series.
Sep 27, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
BluexMage said:
Mark is the worst self-insert as well.

^^This!!......So much. As much as I liked the Game the whole Tactician nonsense felt so stupid and Hamfisted
Sep 27, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:
I'm not talking about gameplay. His character is stupid.
Sep 27, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
BluexMage said:
Thrashinuva said:
He's considered one of the best lords character wise along with Sigurd, Ephraim, and Ike.
Sep 27, 2015 12:42 PM

May 2010
BluexMage said:
Thrashinuva said:

Why is that?

If we aren't even talking about gameplay I have to rank Eliwood up among the top characters. The tactician also felt way better than in any other, since it made sense when the characters looked your way. Lyn's only downfall is her lack of relevance to the rest of the game.
Sep 27, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
BluexMage said:
Thrashinuva said:

Ahh the nostalgia, yeah he did make some irrational decisions during his time with Eliwood and co.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 27, 2015 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones will always be the best
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Sep 27, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
I only played Awakening and Mystery of the Emblem

so

Awakening > Mystery
Sep 27, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
BluexMage said:

Ahh the nostalgia, yeah he did make some irrational decisions during his time with Eliwood and co.
But that's what defined him. He was a bold, blunt, and abrasive character who didn't give two shits about rank. He taught himself how to wield an axe and ends up giving away his life just to help Eliwood. Which is why he's cool as fuck.
Sep 27, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2010
4 > 14 > 9 > 10 > 5 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 13 > 12 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 11
Sep 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Feb 2013
Gba>game cube> wii
The convenience and nostalgia problby plays a role.
Sep 28, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
Considering I have only played two..

Fates>Awakening

Calm down people I will get to the other ones.
Jan 13, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
I've played about 5 or so so far i'd say Awakening is my favorite though [yeah, insert your filthy casual comments here]

Awakening>Sword of Flame>Path of Radiance>Sacred Stones>Radiant Dawn>Sword of Seals>Shadow Dragon
Jan 13, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2010
KingGanondork said:
I've played about 5 or so so far i'd say Awakening is my favorite though [yeah, insert your filthy casual comments here]

Awakening>Sword of Flame>Path of Radiance>Sacred Swords>Sword of Seals>Shadow Dragon

You filthy casual.
Jan 13, 2016 3:59 PM
Mar 2011
11 Rekka no Ken
10 Kakusei
9 Fuin no Tsurugi
8 Seima no Koseki
7 Soen no Kiseki
6 Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi
5 Torakia Nana Nana Roku
4 Akaneia Senki
3 Monsho no Nazo
2 Gaiden
1 Seisen no Keifu
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 13, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2013
So far:
Path of Radiance>Blazing Sword>Sacred Stones>Geneology of the Holy War>Binding Blade

Have'nt finished Shadow Dragon yet, though It'll probably end up in between Geneology and Binding Blade
Jan 13, 2016 4:12 PM
Mar 2011
King_of_Heretics said:
So far:
Path of Radiance>Blazing Sword>Sacred Stones>Geneology of the Holy War>Binding Blade

Have'nt finished Shadow Dragon yet, though It'll probably end up in between Geneology and Binding Blade

iv played all 11 games and iv never herd of any you have listed
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 13, 2016 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
DateYutaka said:
King_of_Heretics said:
So far:

Have you at least heard of a wiki or Google translate???

Path of Radiance= Soein no Kiseki
Blazing Sword=Rekka no Ken
Sacred Stones=Seima no Kōseki
Geneology of the Holy War=Seisen no Keifu
Binding Blade=Fuuin no Tsurugi
Shadow Dragon=Shin Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi
King_of_HereticsJan 13, 2016 4:20 PM
Jan 13, 2016 4:21 PM
Mar 2011
King_of_Heretics said:
DateYutaka said:

Have you at least heard of a wiki or Google translate???

Path of Radiance= Soein no Kiseki
Blazing Sword=Rekka no Ken
Sacred Stones=Seima no Kōseki
Geneology of the Holy War=Seisen no Keifu
Binding Blade=(Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi

so over all your tatse is oppite to mine im all kaga era in my top set hell you could be cheky abd call the games kaga did on PlayStation is the only fe games on and non nintendo systems there fe in all but name

Jan 13, 2016 5:18 PM
Apr 2015
Tear Ring Saga > Genealogy of the Holy War > Thracia 776 > Path of Radiance > Sacred Stones > Blazing Sword
Jan 13, 2016 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Genealogy of the Holy War > Path of Radiance > Thracia 776/Sword of Seals > Awakening > Gaiden > Blazing Sword > Mystery of The Emblem/New Mystery blablabla > Sacred Stones > Shadow Dragon/Dragon of Darkness and Sword of Light
Jan 13, 2016 8:20 PM
Mar 2011
not much loe fir the kaga games here odd

Jan 13, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
Siruppercut said:
Tear Ring Saga > Genealogy of the Holy War > Thracia 776 > Path of Radiance > Sacred Stones > Blazing Sword

Though I'm glad to hear Tear Ring Saga is good, I don't think that counts as a Fire Emblem game.

Path of Radiance is my #1 and it's the only fire emblem I've played twice. Overall I just thought the game was really well constructed.

I've played 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, (9=POR), 10 & 11

I know 4 is a fan favorite, and there's some things I like about it but I found it very clunky: meaning it showed it's age and had many annoyances. 5 (Thracia 776) is the most difficult in my opinion. I had to put it down for months before I picked it up again and beat the hardest optional level before the last one.

I've played maybe 20 hrs into Awakening but I'm not as impressed as everyone else is. For some reason the characters aren't doing it for me so far.

I'm looking forward to Fates, though, it looks intense. All in all I like Fire Emblem games because I like old school noble heroes and vanquishing evils against the odds. Once you've learned the battle system it's easy to jump around and enjoy other Fire Emblem games. They all bring something new to the table in combat and Intelligent Systems makes amazing games (they also made Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, I believe)
Jan 13, 2016 8:46 PM
Apr 2015
DateYutaka said:

You are overlooking things. Genealogy of the Holy War = Seisen no Keifu / FE4 which is the highest rated overall.

My first 3 games are Shouzou Kaga.
Jan 15, 2016 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
Gameplay-wise:
Thracia 776
Tear Ring Saga
Genealogy of the Holy War
Radiant Dawn
Path of Radiance
New Mystery
Gaiden
Awakening
Binding Blade
Blazing Sword
Shadow Dragon
Sacred Stones

Story-wise:
Fates (all three routes)
Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn (Tellius)
Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia 776 (Jugdral)
Blazing Sword/Binding Blade (Elibe)
Shadow Dragon/New Mystery (Archanaea)
Awakening (Ylisse)
Sacred Stones (Magvel)
Gaiden (Valentia)
Frankies_MonsterJan 15, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 15, 2016 8:46 AM
Mar 2011
Siruppercut said:
DateYutaka said:

You are overlooking things. Genealogy of the Holy War = Seisen no Keifu / FE4 which is the highest rated overall.

My first 3 games are Shouzou Kaga.

minus you and me friend abd i dont in incd the re make of the first game since that remake was np helmed by him

Jan 15, 2016 8:49 AM
Mar 2011
SwordsmanDan said:
Siruppercut said:

Though I'm glad to hear Tear Ring Saga is good, I don't think that counts as a Fire Emblem game.

Path of Radiance is my #1 and it's the only fire emblem I've played twice. Overall I just thought the game was really well constructed.

I've played 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, (9=POR), 10 & 11

I know 4 is a fan favorite, and there's some things I like about it but I found it very clunky: meaning it showed it's age and had many annoyances. 5 (Thracia 776) is the most difficult in my opinion. I had to put it down for months before I picked it up again and beat the hardest optional level before the last one.

I've played maybe 20 hrs into Awakening but I'm not as impressed as everyone else is. For some reason the characters aren't doing it for me so far.

I'm looking forward to Fates, though, it looks intense. All in all I like Fire Emblem games because I like old school noble heroes and vanquishing evils against the odds. Once you've learned the battle system it's easy to jump around and enjoy other Fire Emblem games. They all bring something new to the table in combat and Intelligent Systems makes amazing games (the
y also made Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, I believe)

the tw games kaga made for playstatuin are fe game u but names ypu no i wamted to put the in m list but i thiugh it orld have anoyrd people i cont theu as fe game hell the tea of the first 6 games wre in vloved in them

Jan 15, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2015
FE7 > FE8 > FE6 > Awakening
Jan 15, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2011
Milennin said:
FE7 > FE8 > FE6 > Awakening

no just no sinple as that you tayse off

Jan 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
SwordsmanDan said:

Pfff, twice? Casual.
j/k
I replay it like 2-3 times a year ever since it was released (alongside Radiant Dawn using the newest PoR save file).
Jan 30, 2016 12:59 AM

Sep 2012
BluexMage said:
SwordsmanDan said:

Pfff, twice? Casual.
j/k
I replay it like 2-3 times a year ever since it was released (alongside Radiant Dawn using the newest PoR save file).

That's impressive! I was surprised that Radiant Dawn was a good game because it got some mediocre reviews. The only thing I didn't like about it was having less companion conversations and I actually felt POR scaled and looked better on my tv than Radiant Dawn.
Feb 1, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
SwordsmanDan said:
BluexMage said:

Pfff, twice? Casual.
j/k

That's impressive! I was surprised that Radiant Dawn was a good game because it got some mediocre reviews. The only thing I didn't like about it was having less companion conversations and I actually felt POR scaled and looked better on my tv than Radiant Dawn.
That's why I never pay attention to reviews. To be honest, I didn't even know RD was released until some time later. I rushed to play it, obviously. Ah, the old times without internet forums/gameFAQS...

Pretty much my only complaint about the game is how they ruined supports "story/character"-wise. They are pretty good for gameplay reasons, but in return, they made them pretty terrible for actual interaction between characters.

And I'm pretty sure PoR looks better than RD, which is weird. It just shows how poor of a console Wii is, and how stupid it is that it broke records while Nintendo's best console (GC) sold "meh" numbers. Or maybe we are both crazy.
Feb 1, 2016 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
BlackMageNo1 said:
Gameplay-wise:
Thracia 776
Tear Ring Saga
Radiant Dawn
Path of Radiance
New Mystery
Gaiden
Awakening
Binding Blade
Blazing Sword
Shadow Dragon
Sacred Stones

Story-wise:
Fates (all three routes)
Awakening (Ylisse)
Sacred Stones (Magvel)
Gaiden (Valentia)
Third route is the best in Fates.
Feb 1, 2016 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn
Blazing Sword
Sacred Stones
Awakening
Binding Blade

BluexMage said:
SwordsmanDan said:

That's why I never pay attention to reviews. To be honest, I didn't even know RD was released until some time later. I rushed to play it, obviously. Ah, the old times without internet forums/gameFAQS...

Pretty much my only complaint about the game is how they ruined supports "story/character"-wise. They are pretty good for gameplay reasons, but in return, they made them pretty terrible for actual interaction between characters.

And I'm pretty sure PoR looks better than RD, which is weird. It just shows how poor of a console Wii is, and how stupid it is that it broke records while Nintendo's best console (GC) sold "meh" numbers. Or maybe we are both crazy.

Not to mention the animations are most fluid in PoR. My only major complaints with RD are the supports, the shortage of paired endings, the skill system, and

Feb 3, 2016 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
AllenNoah said:
Feb 3, 2016 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
BluexMage said:
AllenNoah said:

Same on both those accounts. Not to mention I didn't even know about the mini-quest until I wandered into a pairing topic, saw the requirements and said "So there's this thing called YouTube."
Feb 4, 2016 3:53 PM

Aug 2015
Major123 said:
BlackMageNo1 said:
Gameplay-wise:
Thracia 776
Tear Ring Saga
Radiant Dawn
Path of Radiance
New Mystery
Gaiden
Awakening
Binding Blade
Blazing Sword
Shadow Dragon
Sacred Stones

Story-wise:
Fates (all three routes)
Awakening (Ylisse)
Sacred Stones (Magvel)
Gaiden (Valentia)

Me too. It is the most satisfying one of the three since it revealed the true story behind everything (and the most canonical one). Although the other storylines were no slouch for being tragic either.

Feb 4, 2016 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
BlackMageNo1 said:
Major123 said:

Me too. It is the most satisfying one of the three since it revealed the true story behind everything (and the most canonical one). Although the other storylines were no slouch for being tragic either.
Yeah, some of the cgi scenes during those moments were great.
Sep 2, 2017 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn > Almost every video game
Sep 2, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2010
Kinda hard to rank after my top 3.

Mystery of the Emblem (SNES)
The Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
Thracia 776
Radiant Dawn
The Binding Blade
Awakening
Echoes
The Sacred Stones
New Mystery of the Emblem (DS)
Shadow Dragon
Gaiden
Fates
emeth_asherSep 2, 2017 3:38 PM
Sep 2, 2017 9:54 PM

Jul 2009
Only played Awakening and Fates, but the former is easily the better game.
Sep 2, 2017 10:51 PM

May 2012
1. Radiant Dawn
2. Path of Radiance
3. Genealogy
4. New Mystery
5. Sword of Seals
6. Blazing Sword
7. Valentia/Gaiden
8. Sacred Stones
9. Shadow Dragon
10. Thracia
11. Awakening
12. Fates
Sep 2, 2017 10:56 PM

Oct 2014
Path of Radiance, Awakening, Fates, Radiant Dawn
Sep 2, 2017 11:18 PM

Apr 2017
1.FFX
2.Disgaea 2
3.Persona 4
4.Persona 5
5. Disgaea 4

I sure luv fire emblem dont u guys tooooooooooooooooooooo

mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
27 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

15 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.