Visual Novel 'Rewrite' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Oct 3, 2015 8:24 PM

Jan 2015
My body is ready for this
Oct 4, 2015 2:05 AM

Sep 2015
Anybody have an estimate for the release date?

Oct 4, 2015 2:08 AM
Jun 2015
PeacefulWard said:

Spring 2016 maybe?
Oct 4, 2015 2:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
JewellTH said:
PeacefulWard said:

Spring 2016 maybe?
Don't get your hopes up lol

I'd consider it lucky if it even made it before 2017
Oct 4, 2015 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
JewellTH said:

Spring 2016 maybe?
Don't get your hopes up lol

I'd consider it lucky if it even made it before 2017

2017 is far too pessimistic, Little Busters came out 6 months later after its annoucement.

Spring 2016 is my guess.
MariaScarletOct 4, 2015 2:54 AM
Oct 4, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
I also think either spring 2016 or summer 2016.
Oct 4, 2015 3:34 AM
Jun 2015
Ruben_Jb said:

Same. I hope I can finish it by the time that comes along.
Oct 4, 2015 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
PeacefulWard said:

Probably 6 months after the announcement. Longest wait might be until around Summer 2016.

Oct 4, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
Ruben_Jb said:

Fall 2016 IMO.

Most adaptations of top 20 VNs are going to be targeted for either spring or fall, and IMO it's too early for spring.
Oct 4, 2015 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
Likely Fall.

At best, we will find out the episode # before end of the year and even that is unlikely at the moment.
Oct 4, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
HaXXspetten said:
YEEART said:
Has Madhouse ever adapted a VN before? Also, since they keep butchering linear LN's, I can't see them adapting a VN with multiple paths.
They've done Chaos;Head (which was a beyond terrible adaptation) and Galaxy Angel (which I have neither seen nor played so I can't say much about it), other than those I'm not sure if they've done any

They did Photokano and it was terrible.
Oct 4, 2015 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
Finally. Probably won't watch it, though. Don't know how they're going to cram in the giant common route + the 5 heroine routes with wildly inconsistent tones + the two "true" routes.
Oct 5, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Anyone else finds Key visual novel art ugly?

They should do something like this in their visual novels

I find this really ugly and low-budget looking
MariaScarletOct 5, 2015 2:00 PM
Oct 5, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2012
Lunar8 said:

Once you are adapted to Hinoue Itaru's style you will find the first picture you post to look low-budget instead (actually it's pretty sketchy).
If you spend some time to look at Itaru's works you'll find that she pays hella lot of attention into the details of her character's clothes. The coloring (though probably not done by herself) takes much more effort than your first picture too (I'd say the coloring in the first picture probably took less than 20 minutes whilst Itaru's probably took at least 3 hours).
I'd say her old-fashioned faces turns a lot of people off tho, including ya ;)
@inuvivo on twitter!
Oct 5, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
xMaebaraK1x said:
Lunar8 said:

Once you are adapted to Hinoue Itaru's style you will find the first picture you post to look low-budget instead (actually it's pretty sketchy).
If you spend some time to look at Itaru's works you'll find that she pays hella lot of attention into the details of her character's clothes. The coloring (though probably not done by herself) takes much more effort than your first picture too (I'd say the coloring in the first picture probably took less than 20 minutes whilst Itaru's probably took at least 3 hours).
I'd say her old-fashioned faces turns a lot of people off tho, including ya ;)

Well I been into Key for around 3 years and I never liked Hinoue's art.

Will never understand what people find attractive in it.

Na-Ga's way better x.x
Oct 5, 2015 10:08 PM
Jun 2015
Lunar8 said:

I always liked the art in Key visuals though.
Oct 5, 2015 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
JewellTH said:
Lunar8 said:

I mean if the eyes were different and the hair wasn't bigger than Kotori itself I'd probably like it.
MariaScarletOct 5, 2015 10:40 PM
Oct 5, 2015 10:37 PM
Jun 2015
Lunar8 said:
JewellTH said:

I mean if the eyes were smaller and the hair wasn't bigger than Kotori itself I'd probably like it.

That is a little true. I don't want the anime to look like this:
Oct 5, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
JewellTH said:
Lunar8 said:

I mean if the eyes were smaller and the hair wasn't bigger than Kotori itself I'd probably like it.

Same.

So if Sekai Project ever brings Rewrite to steam they should make the hair look smaller, improve the eyes and colouring in my opinion.

Also I found really weird how Kotarou's eyes look really large in some CG's and in others small.
MariaScarletOct 5, 2015 11:21 PM
Oct 5, 2015 11:26 PM
Jun 2015
Lunar8 said:
JewellTH said:

Same.

So if Sekai Project ever brings Rewrite to steam they should make the hair look smaller, improve the eyes and colouring in my opinion.

Also I found really weird how Kotarou's eyes look really large in some CG's and in others small.

That's probably just a casual error that they kept making but thought not many people would notice so they kept it.
Oct 6, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
>8bit

Atleast I still have the Visual Novel.
『パイル』| Twitter
Oct 8, 2015 2:03 AM

Nov 2009
Hopefully this adaptation goes well, please dont mess this up!
Oct 9, 2015 6:25 PM
Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
@above discussion, just use Mofumoe.org these days

It's basically the new Fuwanovel

Btw, do any of these games possibly cause viruses and some can't be trusted? Or are they all confirmed safe?
Oct 10, 2015 2:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
JewellTH said:
HaXXspetten said:
@above discussion, just use Mofumoe.org these days

It's basically the new Fuwanovel

Btw, do any of these games possibly cause viruses and some can't be trusted? Or are they all confirmed safe?
I'm pretty sure people would have heard about something like that if there was any chance of that... I've never once heard of anyone getting viruses from downloading a VN from any somewhat common website
Oct 10, 2015 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
when more info on this omg
Oct 10, 2015 3:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lunar8 said:
when more info on this omg
It's only been 2 weeks since the announcement lol, calm down

You're not likely to get any more information for several months still
Oct 10, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
JewellTH said:

I'm pretty sure people would have heard about something like that if there was any chance of that... I've never once heard of anyone getting viruses from downloading a VN from any somewhat common website

Yeah. The torrents they provide are generally pretty safe and trustworthy. So far no issues have come up for me.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 10, 2015 6:08 PM
Jun 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
HaXXspetten said:

Yeah. The torrents they provide are generally pretty safe and trustworthy. So far no issues have come up for me.

That's good. Because I got Katawa Shoujo and the file looked like a virus.
Oct 13, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
(Not sure if this has been discusses in here yet, but this thread seems pretty dead at the moment anyway)

So when do you all think we'll get our first PV?
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 13, 2015 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
Several months apparently

Little Busters got preview straightly with annoucement and Rewrite got basically nothing

Wish they had countdowns in website before they reveal new info
Oct 16, 2015 1:54 PM
Jun 2014
Lunar8 said:

Little Busters got preview straightly with annoucement and Rewrite got basically nothing

Well, the most important thing is that we know it's coming! Inb4 13 episode season to cover the entire novel. Key have certainly proved that they don't mind rushing their anime series to oblivion.
Oct 16, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
Stormen said:
Lunar8 said:

Well, the most important thing is that we know it's coming! Inb4 13 episode season to cover the entire novel. Key have certainly proved that they don't mind rushing their anime series to oblivion.

Angel Beats and Charlotte don't count because they are original, and don't have any source material to base it off of (they didn't have to worry about episode count). Although a majority of people would agree that Terra can be done in 13 episodes.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 17, 2015 12:07 AM
Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
Stormen said:

Angel Beats and Charlotte don't count because they are original, and don't have any source material to base it off of (they didn't have to worry about episode count). Although a majority of people would agree that Terra can be done in 13 episodes.

Well, for Terra alone, i believe it can be done in 13 episodes as well.
Oct 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure this is a fanart but looks nice

MariaScarletOct 26, 2015 12:00 PM
Oct 26, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
hope it's better than little busters, outside of the twin sister arc it was pretty boring (didn't watch sequel yet)
Oct 26, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
Valaskjalf said:
hope it's better than little busters, outside of the twin sister arc it was pretty boring (didn't watch sequel yet)

Do yourself a favor and watch Refrain. It's awesome.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
Lunar8 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh it looks quite nice. Makes me like more the look of kotori, which is kind of horrible in the novel....
Oct 26, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2015
Thai777 said:
Lunar8 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh it looks quite nice. Makes me like more the look of kotori, which is kind of horrible in the novel....

I kind of liked the sprite in the novel
Oct 26, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
I really want everyone to be wrong and have Rewrite get 24eps + 24eps so I can laugh at everyone who doubted it. But it's really hard to say anything at the moment x(

Although all of Key's other major titles (Kanon, Air, Clannad, and Little Busters) got sufficient adaptations so I don't see why Rewrite wouldn't get one.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 26, 2015 5:38 PM
Nov 2010
Well, as long as 8-bit learned from their "mistakes" (depending on how you see it) of adapting Kajitsu as a 13-episode anime and focus on adapting Rewrite as a 24-or-more-episode anime, I'm cool with it.

At any rate, I'm still excited for this. There are people who said Rewrite can't be adapted into a proper anime because of its complexity, but we'll see.
Oct 26, 2015 6:52 PM
Jun 2014
eplipswich said:
Well, as long as 8-bit learned from their "mistakes" (depending on how you see it) of adapting Kajitsu as a 13-episode anime and focus on adapting Rewrite as a 24-or-more-episode anime, I'm cool with it.

At any rate, I'm still excited for this. There are people who said Rewrite can't be adapted into a proper anime because of its complexity, but we'll see.

It will be quite hard, that's for sure.
Oct 27, 2015 2:25 AM

Jul 2014
eplipswich said:

What 8-bit needs is money, not wisdom, as they didn't fund Kajitsu nor are they funding Rewrite. They are simply paid to produce it.

The production committee and IP owner are the ones deciding whether or not to respect the source material or piss on it.

(Feel free to never buy anything from NBC Universal Japan or Front Wing again, if you did before)
Nov 1, 2015 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
So I don't know if anyone addressed this before, but I'll still do it now. I was doing a little bit of 'research' earlier. I noticed that collectively, the Grisaia series got 36 episodes in total (Kaijitsu, Meikyu, and Rakuen). And this was with a Frontier Works budget. Now, Rewrite only has two parts in it's series (Rewrite, and Harvest Festa; which is alot shorter), and it has Aniplex's budget. Now before you say "Angel Beats and Charlotte only got 13 episodes with Aniplex", those shows didn't need to worry about episode count or source material; the original scripts probably only needed 13 episodes at the least, but 24 would drag, so they went with 13. So I think that if Grisaia collectively can get 36 episodes without a budget like Aniplex's, I think Rewrite can get the same amount collectively (even if they choose to animate Harvest as on OVA or something) at the very LEAST with an Aniplex budget. Take for example, Little Busters. Collectively, it got 48 episodes (including the EX OVAs) with WARNER BROS budget. See what I'm getting at here? Just a thought.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 1, 2015 9:16 PM

Jul 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
I was doing a little bit of 'research' earlier. I noticed that collectively, the Grisaia series got 36 episodes in total (Kaijitsu, Meikyu, and Rakuen).

Your research sucks, Kajitsu got 13, Meikyuu was a 45-minute special, and Rakuen got 10.

24 total.

The production committee for Grisaia consisted of Front Wing and NBC Universal Japan <--- just as big as Warner Brothers and Aniplex, if not bigger.
Nov 1, 2015 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
Red_Tuesday said:
sanata50lbsb said:
I was doing a little bit of 'research' earlier. I noticed that collectively, the Grisaia series got 36 episodes in total (Kaijitsu, Meikyu, and Rakuen).

Your research sucks, Kajitsu got 13, Meikyuu was a 45-minute special, and Rakuen got 10.

24 total.

The production committee for Grisaia consisted of Front Wing and NBC Universal Japan <--- just as big as Warner Brothers and Aniplex, if not bigger.

I was including all the OVA's they got as well (Kajitsu's and Rakuen's). But upon looking further just now, I noticed they are shorts. So my mistake then.

And I wasn't sure if it was Frontier Works or Front Wing/NBC so I just wrote the latter.

So disregard all of that above.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 2, 2015 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:

What. Did you count all the specials or something?
Nov 2, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
Thai777 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

What. Did you count all the specials or something?

I did at first yes, but I realized after I wrote the message that they were special shorts and not full OVAs. When I searched Grisaia it listed six special 'episodes' for each series, so I assumed they were full OVAs. So a careless mistake on my part.

(do people even watch shorts???)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 2, 2015 7:31 PM
Jun 2015
It'll be awkward if the eyes are even bigger in the adaptation.
Nov 2, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
JewellTH said:

Oh god.... As if the girls' eyes (aside from Akane) were big enough.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 2, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2014
JewellTH said:

This could work.... as a horror story that is.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
7 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.