Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Yuu and his English.

Anyways, so Yuu demonstrates some of his absorbed abilities...
I think the finale kinda shows his ways to get by and use his abilities to advantage with his mission. No, I was not entirely expecting a barrage of gunfire to range down on his ass and if it wasn't for his force shield ability or whatever, he'd likely be dead. Looks like he is going across the world quite a bit....

But yeah, I guess that's a wrap. Geez, I wonder how many abilities he acquired in total
The show had a nice first half imo with decent comedy and second half didn't really do well imo.

YUU BECAME A SHINIGAMI. Somewhat of a memorable song at the end but felt anti-climatic.

Mod edit:
This thread is about Charlotte episode 13 and not about Rewrite. Do not talk about Rewrite.
For those that want to talk about the news about Rewrite you can use this thread http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1432366.
For those that want to make a thread about Rewrite that isn't related to news you can make it in this board http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=31716
rodacSep 27, 2015 2:50 PM
Sep 26, 2015 8:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Yuu and his English.

Anyways, so Yuu demonstrates some of his absorbed abilities...
I think the finale kinda shows his ways to get by and use his abilities to advantage with his mission. No, I was not entirely expecting a barrage of gunfire to range down on his ass and if it wasn't for his force shield ability or whatever, he'd likely be dead. Looks like he is going across the world quite a bit....

But yeah, I guess that's a wrap. Geez, I wonder how many abilities he acquired in total
The show had a nice first half imo with decent comedy and second half didn't really do well imo.

YUU BECAME A SHINIGAMI. Somewhat of a memorable song at the end but felt anti-climatic.
Would you say that they left it open for another cour?
Sep 26, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Tokoya said:
Would you say that they left it open for another cour?

Not sure but it can be possible. I'm honestly not sure how they would do it if Charlotte ever gets another season though. I'd like it if they focus on some of the main supporting characters and the slice of life style of the first half.

Stark700Sep 26, 2015 10:09 AM
Sep 26, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2014
Still haven't watched this episode, but I think that the first half was stronger than the second one too. Comedy and slice of life moments were fun. The plot was a bit confusing and fast-paced later on. Anyway, I hope a second season does happen.
Sep 26, 2015 8:28 AM

Feb 2013
Hahahah Yuu's engrish made me laugh a lot. I agree on the finale being anti-climatic. Nice insert song. This could be a better series but... It doesn't matter anymore.

Also, Rewrite anime announced. Aniplex x Key x 8 bit's Anime project.
nZk_o1Sep 26, 2015 8:33 AM
Sep 26, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
AversaSep 26, 2015 11:33 AM
Sep 26, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
Was expecting the finale would be so much better than this.
I was so disappointed by how rushed the finale was as well as the plot hole in the end of the episode.
The possibility of second cour vanished instantly after they rushed Yuu's progress taking people's abilities around the world. Towards the end of the episode, Yuu's was so vulnerable and a fucking single arrow almost killed him, that made me chuckled lol
AversaSep 26, 2015 11:33 AM

Sep 26, 2015 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
For fucks sake god

I'm steering clear of Maeda anime from this point on.
Sep 26, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2013
Goddamnit Maeda, you just make another show that is worse that AB!, again.
Seriously.
Just go back write some VNs, Maeda.

Why do you even add a filler episode before if you have to rush everything in the last episode?
GethemalotSep 26, 2015 8:36 AM
Sep 26, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Did they ever go in depth about the outside world and its terrorism?
"Hi!"
Sep 26, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
YEEART said:

the answer is no

Sep 26, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
Is this like the Death Note Rewrite?

Meaning just a long special episode which is essentially a recap of the actual anime?
Sep 26, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
Sanzen said:
YEEART said:

the answer is no

Figures. Would have been far more interesting than..... this.
"Hi!"
Sep 26, 2015 8:39 AM

May 2014
What is this rewrite you are talking about? Visual novel?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 8:40 AM
Jun 2014
At least the ship sailed
Sep 26, 2015 8:43 AM
Jun 2015
Now I just need to wait for the episode to be available in my country. Hopefully, I haven't spoiled myself with that image in the first post.
Sep 26, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2015
danae17 said:
Still haven't watched this episode, but I think that the first half was stronger than the second one too. Comedy and slice of life moments were fun. The plot was a bit confusing and fast-paced later on. Anyway, I hope a second season does happen.

Of course the first half was Intense.

Ecchi Desu

Sep 26, 2015 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
And so ends Charlotte .. ... *shrug*

I am both Glad and a bit hesitant about rewrites anime.. I mean something as long and story driven as rewrite getting an anime means either singular focus .. or focus on everyone.. It will need at least 26 with a + 13 in order to be decent imho
Sep 26, 2015 8:53 AM
Jun 2014
Endcard
Sep 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
Expected this to get better after episode 6 not worse so 6/10 (being kinda lenient in give this series this score).

In the end this didn't fix any of the mistakes AB had,such as bad pacing or those horrilbe attempts at comedy.

Edit: Wasn't expecting a rewrite anime announcement by 8bit,kinda disappointing since I would've preferred if PA Works did it instead.
VanishingKiraSep 26, 2015 9:08 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2011
that was a better ending than i expected. bittersweet, of course, but about as good as it could have gone with the way the final episodes panned out. was that Rita singing at the end? shit got me teary-eyed

and yay for Rewrite adaptation if it's true. can't wait to hear the amazing soundtrack again
Sep 26, 2015 9:23 AM

Mar 2015
Jakerams said:
Charlotte will likely have a second arc considering Maeda writing style all of his series are the same minus Air.

I want to cling onto that small hope, but if there is a second arc, why did they need to rush the first so badly? Personally, I think a second arc would deal with all the loose ends, Sala meeting Yuu, etc. and the tribulations of the romance between the two MCs and Yuu's mental health issues. I mean, the portrayal of the last was horrible.
Sep 26, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Charlotte was actually a show I was hyped for in the beginning, same thing happened with Glasslip. I really need to learn to not hype things that are P.A Works. But I can't wait for Haruchika, seems like an actually good show. But who knows.

6/10. I do ship Yuu and Nao so I am fine with the ending. The whole show was a trainwreck with terrible comedy, mainly being the Glasses guys. Imouto should have died - de gozaru. They should have built up the final villan instead of rushing the show by having the guys showing up in one episode and getting defeated easily. Maeda lied to everybody saying that it would get better at episode 6 and saying it would fix AB mistakes. Ayane Sakura also led me to believe this was going to be a sad ending, but whatever it was a good ending.

I know Rewrite might be a good anime depending on if 8-bit adapts it correctly but I know that they did mess up Grisaia so what do I know. The animation is average and the character designs look terrible.
Sep 26, 2015 9:29 AM
Feb 2015
Man Yuu is op , the last scene kinda sad... he forgot about Nao :<
(Lucky Takajou.. i think Yusa and him are already dating on last scene )
and yeah great news for Rewrtie!
MenmaTheBestSep 26, 2015 9:37 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, how freaking lucky that the FIRST power he stole just happened to be exactly what he needed. And how lucky again that they guy with the seeker power just happened to be way more powerful then Pooh. And how lucky... you get the idea. Fuck this show. Hope Rewrite is better. Can't be much worse.
Sep 26, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
I'm giving Charlotte a 7 because, I might have given it a 9 for enjoyment if this episode was not so CRINGY. Mental health issues. Mental shitting health issues. What about Kazuki?
AversaSep 26, 2015 11:36 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:45 AM
Oct 2011
Jakerams said:
Grisaia adaption wasn't bad at all. Kajitsu was a mess to begin with considering it didn't have a true route yet it had two sequels that branched off of a non existent true route so the anime had to create that true route.
This is just my preference, but they should've just followed one of the existing ones(Amane) instead of choosing the original,would've turned out much better and less of a mess.Although it's true the first season was hardest to adapt.
Sep 26, 2015 9:46 AM

Jan 2008
So... here's what didn't matter in Charlotte:
1. Yusa.
2. That guy with super speed.
3. Nao's brother.
4. The blind singer.

Soo... why didn't the healing power heal Yuu at the end?
AversaSep 26, 2015 11:37 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:54 AM
Jul 2012
barmar said:
Jakerams said:
Grisaia adaption wasn't bad at all. Kajitsu was a mess to begin with considering it didn't have a true route yet it had two sequels that branched off of a non existent true route so the anime had to create that true route.
This is just my preference, but they should've just followed one of the existing ones(Amane) instead of choosing the original,would've turned out much better and less of a mess.Although it's true the first season was hardest to adapt.
That would have worked if they adapted only kajitsu but they wanted to adapt the full thing so it required all the routes to be adapted which means creating a true route. Considering all of the routes in Kajitsu took months it was impossible to not change some of them and rush some.
Sep 26, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
barmar said:
Jakerams said:

If they did that people would rage though.
"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ______'S ROUTE AND NOT MY WAIFU..."
and I can understand that because while Amane's route is awesome I wouldn't want the whole thing to be mainly centered on her route. Doing all the routes is fine...IF you have a 2 cour for them, but they didn't so they smushed it all together in 13 episodes and it was meh. Thankfully, 8bit did really really good with Rakuen and I think that's why they got the rights to Rewrite.
on a side note
RIP Charlotte. Only way for a second cour for this would to pull a Higurashi and have Yuu end up "failing" and then we look at another timeline with him and the others where everything is explained and characters get their development and aren't just there for whatever the plot demands
Sep 26, 2015 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
this was an entertaining anime, that' it. nothing more, expected more from key
vote 7
Sep 26, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
Wait...did they ever explain Nao's bullies or did they just completely mind wipe that plot point? o_O
Sep 26, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
Just finished watching the finale and I must say that I'm relatively satisfied with this ending. It's just... alright. Nothing more nothing less. It was bittersweet, which is good because Charlotte really fails miserably when it tries to pull tragedies.
Even though the series was filled with plot holes (Well, any series with time travel as a plot device usually is) and... A lot of useless and undeveloped characters (Takajo,Yusa,Sala,Kazuki) I still liked it. Though, if I had to rate it it'd probably be a 6.5/10 just because you can't ignore these issues easily.

That aside, hopefully the special will give us a little peek into the aftermath of the ending. (We are getting one, right?)

Also, I don't know what the hell Rewrite is but I'm already pretty hyped for it

Sep 26, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2008
jenanime said:
Wait...did they ever explain Nao's bullies or did they just completely mind wipe that plot point? o_O

Add it to my list.
Sep 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
jenanime said:

I 2nd this, unless I forgot them pointing it out, I have no idea why she was ganged up like that.

Finale overall was.... meh? it tried to give feels but failed miserably.
Sep 26, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
9/10 for me. Why? I wrote about it in pervious threads.
NAO IS LOVE.
rsc-plSep 26, 2015 11:23 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this final episode:

Well that's a nice happy ending. And I really enjoyed watching this anime overall.
Also I won't gonna complain how they ended it. Because it's just fine for me.
Anyway I'll give this an 8 (or 9) out 10 score overall.
And Ayane Sakura done a really great job on this anime!
RayzerSep 27, 2015 11:32 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 26, 2015 11:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man they rushed the fuck out of this ending

I would have loved if they did all of this plundering stuff in a second cour because that way they could have fleshed out Yuu more and make this whole psychological breakdown and pain thing a lot better and less anticlimactic with less plot holes

Either way, I enjoyed the series as a whole even though I feel like the ending was wasted on what we got....I'm not saying that it's bad but rather it could have been 1000 times better if they did it the way I was hoping they would

8/10 English
TokoyaSep 26, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 26, 2015 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
A predictable and very painful end to a three-month long humiliation and frustration for almost everyone. I'd like to imagine that's what Jun Maeda's inner thoughts are after the boardcast; It's so painful! I've had enough of this! Why does it have to be me? It's so difficult. I'm tired. I don't wanna do this anymore. And you know what, if Jun Maeda is an anime character, he might as well be a whiny, mopey, unimaginative, callow, very unsophisticated, narrow-minded, inconsiderate, attention-seeking, talentless, deceptive, manipulative, insensitive, uncooperative and vengeful teenage boy who wields awesome power on a self-proclaimed crusade to save the world but ended up causing more miseries than before. Maybe the real Jun Maeda is not anything like that, and I'm now just steaming out the resentment I have from watching this monstrosity, but you are the architect of your creation, no matter how or what it fails it does tell something about yourself in one way or another.

Will get better after Angel Beats! ? "Let's forgive but do not forget." Now there's no forgive anymore.
raveninthemuddleSep 26, 2015 11:26 AM
Sep 26, 2015 11:05 AM
Jun 2015
SansrivaaL said:
jenanime said:

I 2nd this, unless I forgot them pointing it out, I have no idea why she was ganged up like that.

Finale overall was.... meh? it tried to give feels but failed miserably.

That was not the only plot hole...it left many questions unanswered

PeacefulWard said:

Even though the series was filled with plot holes (Well, any series with time travel as a plot device usually is)

I thought Steins; gate did a pretty good job(obviously better than this shit)
Sep 26, 2015 11:06 AM

Nov 2012
That was bad... I think it would have been better to make the ending the previous episode...
Sep 26, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
This could have been a great ending to a better series.
Sep 26, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2012
What the hell was that? :D It's like they fit an entire season's worth of plot into the final episode. This series was just...all over the place. :D Well...I guess Yuu got his happy ending even with the memory loss. Ayumi lived, Naos his lover, even Nao's brother was helped. And yet I'm left feeling like this just felt...well I already said it didn't I? :D I'm not sure where to even begin regarding a grade but....7/10...I guess?? :D Oh, and poor Pooh...:(

EDIT: Thinking more about it this is closer to a 6. The quality was too inconsistent/all over the place and really the only big plus for me is the imouto was saved. Score updated.
animefan8800May 26, 2016 10:55 PM
Sep 26, 2015 11:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, that ending was okay, nothing more.

In the end, i had to go down to a 7/10.
AversaSep 26, 2015 11:38 AM
Sep 26, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2012
raveninthemuddle said:
A predictable and very painful end to a three-month long humiliation and frustration for almost everyone. I'd like to imagine that's what Jun Maeda's inner thoughts are after the boardcast; It's so painful! I've had enough of this! Why does it have to be me? It's so difficult. I'm tired. I don't wanna do this anymore. And you know what, if Jun Maeda is an anime character, he might as well be a whiny, mopey, unimaginative, callow, very unsophisticated, narrow-minded, inconsiderate, attention-seeking, talentless, deceptive, manipulative, insensitive and vengeful teenage boy who wields awesome power on a self-proclaimed journey to save the world but ended up causing more miseries than before. Maybe the real Jun Maeda is not anything like that, and I'm now just steaming out the resentment I have from watching this monstrosity, but you are the architect of your creation, no matter how or what it fails it does tell something about yourself in one way or another.

Will get better after Angel Beats! ? No, in this case it's not " let's forgive but do not forget", you've proven there's also no forgive.

Really not sure where you're getting this from. The main issue I'm seeing with Charlotte is that it should never have been a 13 episode anime, and I have no idea how much say Maeda actually got in that. But yea, each to their own opinion.
Sep 26, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
I'm crying... from laughing so hard.
Sep 26, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
9/10 not as good as clannad but still good, closer to an 8 than a 9 but still good. Actually happy I watched this one, if it was closer to clannad then.... yea.... I would have enjoyed it more but regret watching it.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Sep 26, 2015 11:12 AM

May 2014
The series were mehh. Plot holes everywhere...

OP was probably the best thing...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 11:13 AM
Apr 2012
What the fuck Charlotte?? This show... What a complete dissapointment. Much worse than angel beats in terms in terms of addressing plot holes.
Sep 26, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
I loved the end. So Tomori's façade finally broke...

Oh so you guys knew about the Rewrite news...
Rough translations of the comments of Tanaka Romeo, Inoue Itaru and Tenshou:

監督をやらせて頂くことになりました、天衝といいます。 実は旧名義で原作ゲームの開発段階からアニメのムービーを作らせて頂いていたので、かれこれ5年ごしのTVアニメ化実現となります。 当初からずっとやりたかった企画なので、気合十分です! ファン代表のような気持ちで頑張りますのでよろしくお願いします!!!

This is Tenshou, who is doing the direction. I originally did the anime movie from the development stage of the game under an old name, and now around 5 years later the anime adaption is truly happening. It was something I've been eager to do from for start, so I really have the spirit!
I'll put my best into it as a representative of the fans, so please treat me well!!!

こんにちは、樋上いたるです。この度はRewriteのアニメ化発表ということで、大変嬉しく思っております。内容的にもアニメ化は難しいかなぁと思っていましたが、スタッフのみなさんが色々と頑張ってくれてます!自分もとても楽しみです。みなさんも楽しみに待っていてくださいね!原作の方も再プレイですよ!!

Hello, this is Inoue Itaru. I was very happy that Rewrite was announced to be getting an anime soon.

I thought the contents of Rewrite would be difficult to adapt, but all of the staff are doing their very best! I am really excited. Everyone please look toward to it. Don't forget to (re)play the original game.

田中です。ゲーム版に引き続き、アニメ版の制作に参加しております。現時点ではまだ脚本やプロットの段階ですが、展開やセリフひとつに至るまでしっかりと検討していくとてもエネルギッシュな現場に、日々圧倒されております。アニメ版には実力派のスタッフが揃っておりますが、特にゲーム版のアニメーション OPを作った監督が続投されるということで、原作ユーザーの皆さんにも大いに期待していただけるのではないでしょうか。KEY作品としては極めて異色な内容ではありますが、どうかご期待ください!

This is Tanaka. Following from the game version, I'm helping with the adaption of the anime version. Right now we are still in the middle of the screenplay and plot, until the plot development and lines match up, we are sturdily examining and working on the energetic parts everyday is overwhelming.
We have a very capable staff with us, but more than that, we have the director with us that made the animation for the game OP, so we can expect players of the game to be very excited. For a Key work, the contents are very different, but please look toward to it!
〜〜〜〜
; sorry for any grammar mistakes, etc., I did it quickly...

Lucia>all
UsuzumiiroSep 27, 2015 1:13 PM
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Yesterday

18 by PenguinLam »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

444 by Jaellll »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

897 by bakakisima »»
Feb 13, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.