Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2015 8:28 PM

Mar 2014
rip taroumaru god i cried the whole episode honestly. really amazing finale aots for me.
Sep 24, 2015 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
Well, tho All-girls(kid) and zombie not really my cup of tea, i still enjoy this very much.
7/10
Sep 24, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2012
Surprisingly very anticlimactic, I mean the build up was so good for the past two episodes and it was all solved rather quickly. Regardless, I thought this was a good show, the premise was great. I hope there's a second season as I am really curious as to what would happen next :)
Sep 24, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2015
And so the power of faint memory saved their lives. All thanks to Megu-nee (which could just be Yuki's sane conscience) leading her to the broadcasting room. I could as well assume Yuki is a very smart person if she just wasn't so lazy. :)

That 'imaginary thank you' made up by Yuki though. ;_;

Who's the dog at the end? Was that the one Taroumarou was actually looking for? And there's glasses-girl who finds their picture.

For someone who hasn't read the manga, this show ends in a more heartwarming scene. Could it be that they're saving it for a more darker theme for S2? (whether they make it or not)

The whole 'Yuki and Megu-nee' was what I think carried and made this show unique. I'm all mixed-emotions for this, so overall, the show is in between 7-8 / 10 for me.

Sep 24, 2015 8:56 PM

May 2014
Adored this anime, it was incredibly well done. Loved every character to bits, the show constantly threw me around between happy and anxious. The end definitely had me in tears.

Considered a 9, but I think this is a 10/10 in my books. In my eyes and opinions of judgement, I can't think of anything this amazing anime did wrong.
Sep 24, 2015 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Sep 24, 2015 9:02 PM

Apr 2007
This was a boring ending to say the least. 7/10 for the series but only because of Yuki's delusional sub-plot which was delightful and kept things fresh at first. I kept hoping for some sick twisted shit to happen. Wrong series I guess.
Sep 24, 2015 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
In terms of just anime/not a manga reader, this series was really good. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be more zombies or more moe, but the last few episodes combined them pretty nicely. I don't think it was flawless, but I definitely liked it personally, more like an 8 objectively I guess. Going to read the manga since there's more hype there than here.
Sep 24, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
YoxalLoyal said:
Rewatched it in English subs. Did anyone notice the other dog at the ending credits. Taroumaru 2.0 incoming.

Taroumaru is a zombie dog Jesus, he died for our sins.
So it was kinda obvious that he'll be back.
Sep 24, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
That broadcasting club. Cross+Channel/10
Sep 24, 2015 9:19 PM

Dec 2013
This was a such a bizarre series. I definitely enjoyed it.

Right when I thought the dog was going to survive it ends up dying anyway. Sort of sad to see it go.

I enjoyed all of the speeches in this episode as well.

A season 2 would be nice but I won't get my hopes too high.
Sep 24, 2015 9:21 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The problem solving was....quick, although it wasn't an asspull, it's a good thing the anime explained about the zombies which also act based on their faint memory, unlike other zombies from other shows or games.

Overall this is a very good anime, love the quite happy ending.

Hope there would be 2nd season.

8/10.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 24, 2015 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
Okay, so, even though I remembered and understood the detail about the zombies remembering their past lives and acting accordingly, for some reason I didn't see Yuki's solution coming. She's a goddamn genius and I love her.

I had thought she was just going to make loud noises via the broadcast and sacrifice herself.

Would zombify for a season 2.
Sep 24, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2012
You gotta be kidding. What a disappointment this has turned out to be.
Sep 24, 2015 9:57 PM

Jan 2015
Chipp12 said:
YoxalLoyal said:
Rewatched it in English subs. Did anyone notice the other dog at the ending credits. Taroumaru 2.0 incoming.

Taroumaru is a zombie dog Jesus, he died for our sins.
So it was kinda obvious that he'll be back.

^This.

But for real, did that other dog dig out the hat? Or did it also dig out Taroumaru?

So it ended without the massive drama that they were promoting since early episodes, including openings and endings. One thing is to mislead and other to lie. Eh~ not sure if i'm using the correct terms, though >.>;;;

But i'm gonna say that i'm totally ok with this ending. I have more empathy with animals, so giving a sort of happy (bittersweet) ending for Taroumaru made me drown in a sea of feels. I miss my childhood dog ;_____;

Speaking of the series in general...I actually feel like I need to watch it a second time. Marathoning it, to be precise. Someone made an interesting observation about watching it as an adaptation and then watching it as an original anime story. I did it 50/50, so there are conflicting ideas in my mind.
Sep 24, 2015 10:06 PM

Jul 2015
A great anime. As a senior, I can really empathize with high schoolers who would rather stay in school than graduate and become zombies for all eternity. But, all good things come to an end... ;-;
Sep 24, 2015 10:17 PM
Aug 2011
AHAHAHA 1/10
Sep 24, 2015 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
One of best manga adpatations I have seen in a long while, that manages to be entertaining and faithful while still not being a carbon copy of the source material.

Conflicted on whether to continue reading manga or just wait for the inevitable second season, since I find the presentation and psychological aspects far superior in anime.

Now to enjoy idiots who wanted a carbon copy and idiots who wanted everyone to die bitching endlessly.
Sep 24, 2015 10:30 PM

Jun 2012
way too slow for 1-cour

the setting was interesting but they didn't actually do anything with it except the last couple episodes

most of the characters ruined it as well.

pretty much everything was expected, 3/10
Sep 24, 2015 10:30 PM

Dec 2009
CookingPriest said:
One of best manga adpatations I have seen in a long while, that manages to be entertaining and faithful while still not being a carbon copy of the source material.

Conflicted on whether to continue reading manga or just wait for the inevitable second season, since I find the presentation and psychological aspects far superior in anime.

Now to enjoy idiots who wanted a carbon copy and idiots who wanted everyone to die bitching endlessly.

Everyone bitching are the worse kinds of people. This anime was better than the manga in many ways, especially since it was rewritten in a way to better develop the characters (Especially Yuki) and was done so by the actual author of the manga. You can see clearly this is like the director's cut of the story. For now I'll read the manga myself from where the anime ends, and look forward to what a future season 2 brings.

R.I.P Tauromaru ;_;
Sep 24, 2015 10:32 PM
Sep 2014
To beat school zombies, all you have to do is to tell them, "Go home!"...
Sep 24, 2015 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not sure if I was satisfied with the way things got resolved, it felt really unsatisifying. As for the episode itself, it was okay for a finale, the show overall, decent. Had a lot of potential at first but in reality, not much happened.

8/10
Sep 24, 2015 10:44 PM

Nov 2013
I thought Taroumaru had survived. FUCK

In any case, wow. Everything about this show—direction, plot twists, characters, music (that ridiculously catchy opening song)—was executed amazingly. Every moment after the first episode had captured my full attention. I've never been so excited when a new plot twist was revealed or anxious about what would happen next. I don't even like horror and found the zombie-related scenes terrifying, but I'm glad I got to experience it as a part of the show—it wouldn't have been the same without.

I also love the choice to put only moe characters in the setting, and each individual had distinct quirks and past history. It was easy to see them developing throughout the show, which was integral to their survival at the end.

This series is by far my crowning favorite of the season and quite possibly the whole year. I'd be sorely impressed if something could manage to top this.
Sep 24, 2015 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, such an emotional first half. :) Gotta now put this show on the list of anime that made me cry.

While I can see that there were some undeveloped material due to Taroumaru screentime and I wish that they didn't spend entire halves of eps on Taroumaru, I still feel the dog was a nice addition to the story. Taroumaru lightened the mood quite a bit, so now it's not just only Yuki cheering everyone up (tho there was also a but too much of that). Plus, that psychological weight from zombie-doggie and that emotional death :3

Also, it felt much more plausible in ep 10 or something for Kurumi to be shocked and confused towards Zombie-nee when you add Taroumaru into the picture. Since she wants to get revenge for Taroumaru but loves Megu-nee and is shocked that it was Zombie-nee who bit Taroumaru in the first place etc. etc.

Not that I thought all the filler and fluff about Taroumaru was necessary, ofc.

Overall, this was prob my favorite show this season. I really hope they make a second season. Totally looking forward to it! 9/10
Sep 24, 2015 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
I rarely ever saw anyone say they wanted everyone to die. But I did see a lot of people complain about there being too much SoL in the show, which I completely agree with (Haven't read the manga fyi). The show really could have toned down on the SoL and fanservice moments as it ruined a lot of the tension. Especially during the transition from episode 8 to 9. They dropped this huge bombshell about how the zombie outbreak occurred only to troll you in the next episode by saying "Oh, you want to now what happens next after we built up all this tension?? Well too bad for you because it's about time we had a pool episode!".

Still though, it got a solid 7/10 for a strong first impression and for having some really creepy and intense moments.
Sep 24, 2015 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Kurumi got better.

RIP Taroumaru.
Sep 24, 2015 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
It was entertaining and faithful, the only problem with Gakkou is the fact this series it's too short even for a SoL.

Even being different than the source it has it's own charms and did really well through the series, Yuki's development and change are the highlights of this series for me.

7/10 waiting for a 2nd season.
Dec 2012
I wanted some tragic shet happens but I guess it's this "They lived happily ever after" story huhh... They have the potential to make it epic and dark due to the tension they build up from the past episodes. Seems like wasted potential to me. Quite a disappointing ending...

Aug 2015
Good ending for the anime.
They succeeded in ending the anime on a happy note with hope for their future which was probably the direction the writer wanted to take this 12 episode adaptation. I also liked how the handled the final ending credits, showing us all of the past episodes leading up to this one. Taromaru's goodbye was sad and touching and they did the graduation scene from the manga well. I'm glad they included Miki's scene with what looked like a zombfied Kai so at least that loose end is tied. (Though even in the manga we're not 100% sure if it was her)

Anyway all in all unless something better comes out that is able to keep me on the edge of my seat and make me tune in right when it's aired like Gakkou Gurashi did this will be my Anime of the season.

And now with that being said I'm just going to rant on a few things that I disliked about this episode and a bit about the series in general.

Overall I enjoyed this anime.
It still doesn't beat my all time favorite anime and it did have a few changes from the manga that I disagree with, but with how well they presented the first episode, their use of music and ambient sounds, character look/design, and viewer engagement with all of the changes per episode opening/ending and main website, I would rate this anime an 7/10 and would recommend the manga for those that enjoyed the anime.

P.S
I took away one point for the changes from the manga I disliked,
Another point for the confusing flash back episodes that caused more harm then good.
And lastly 1 point for...well Taromaru. Sure he was cute, and definitely served his purpose in building up the feels for his tragic end, but his actions while a zombie dog killed it for me. With the only exception being the Kurumi vs Taromaru fight.
IncubusknightSep 24, 2015 11:15 PM
Sep 24, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2014
Already said this before, but it needs to be re-stated.

It was shit. I gotta say that episode 11 was pretty much the best episode the show has put out so far. I was extremely excited for the final episode and they go and shit on the entire show by saying "Ok zombies go home" and then all their problems are solved.

And what's with that stupid fucking over-dramatic graduation where everyone cries every 5 seconds? What was the point? It didn't wrap up anything. We don't know how the infection was created, we don't know what Megu-nee's involvement with it was, we don't know where the hell all the people/zombies are, and we don't know what the girls did. Did they go to a safe zone or did they just wander around aimlessly like idiots?

They just completely ruined everything they had going for them in episode 11. Extremely disappointing.
Sep 24, 2015 11:15 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad this piece of shit is done.
:3
Sep 24, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
I really watched the episode with tears in my eyes all the time.
It was so awesome and yet so sad to watch them graduate. I don't think, there's enough plot left for a fulfilling second season, but it was worth every minute.
Loved it! <3
♫♪--- Everybody, put your hands uuu~uuup ---♪♫
Sep 24, 2015 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
If I didn't read the manga, I would of liked it better but the first episode was the reason I wanted to read it in the first place. I still liked the unique execution of the show and while there was sadly less action/horror, it was still done well. Basically the adaptaion used more of the dog and less of the teacher compared to the manga. Unless they use even more original stuff I doubt we would get another season in a year or two.
Sep 24, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
KinsoBlade said:
To beat school zombies, all you have to do is to tell them, "Go home!"...
LOL 10/10 solution. Now I know what to do in the event of a zombie apocalypse. :)
Sep 24, 2015 11:25 PM

Feb 2010
well that was quick, im rather dissapointed by this because they didn't adapted all from manga and added that dog to become important in this series -_-

nah, meh ending 7/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
gurashi! is over now! this show had a really damn good first episode and continued to keep me interested through out even with the weakest part being the SoL elements, think that's the only thing keeping this from getting a 8 from me i feel the more serious stuff was miles better but there just wasn't enough of it till the end which is a shame because those early episode made me real tense and worried and i wanted more damnit!.

though easily one of things i hated the most was all the manga readers saying this is the worst, Gurashi is by no means perfect but i thought it was really well done directing wise throwing in small hints all over the place subtle changes to the op etc.

with such a premise i liked how it tried to be different so gonna give this a 7/10 would really like a season 2 to see if more questions can get answered
Sep 24, 2015 11:42 PM

Feb 2013
That was a fucking ride of a series.....ugh.....cried a bit there at this finale....

Anyway, this was by far my favorite show of the season, from that surprise of a fucking open I was hooked, and for me it delivered. This may even go into my top 5 anime.....I don't even care.....to make an adorable show about the zombie apocalypse? I thought would have been impossible.....now I know.

10/10

Please!!!!!!!!!! Let there be a season 2!!!!
Sep 24, 2015 11:57 PM

Aug 2015
*someone got bitten*
"Here comes the number 12 train.
one...
two...
three...
four...
five...
six...
seven...
eight...
nine...
ten...
eleven...
twelve!
FEEL TRAIN's in the station!
"
*zombifies*
"I have a vision, where aviation and endurance sport integrate one another." ~ Adventure Aviator
Sep 24, 2015 11:59 PM

Mar 2015
This anime was a very enjoyable ride. I'm enjoying this more than Joukamachi or Shimoneta or even that weird Ranpo Kitan.

Just so people know... this anime is NOT a mainly zombie thematic anime, BUT it is more of a slice of life anime where it shows how they live and survive the situation they're facing.

It was a beautiful, saddening, wonderful, and a fun roller coaster ride. Especially characters that needs to die multiple times.... *cough Megu-nee and Taroumaru cough*

Our shovel knights live~~~ YAY~ But wait... that easily cured? Why the fuck are there zombies then TwT

That post credit scene seems to hint a season 2... (let's just see the number of BD sales). Also just pre-ordered the Vol. 1 BD of Gakkou Gurashi! If you guys want a season 2 and got some money to spare, then buy it to support the studio! It also includes a lot of good stuffs too~ http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01146WATM

lol I just become a salesperson.

Ohh... Kei... Miki is kind of heartless most of the time...

*kurumi got bitten* Miki be like "oh"
*Kei is a zombie* Miki be like "oh okay"
*Taroumaru died twice* Miki be like "NOOOOOOOO"

Now let's read the manga~

Sep 25, 2015 12:25 AM

Feb 2015

So Tomaru saves the day, nice. I'm glad best girl Kurumi is alive. That was quite an emotional graduation.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2015 12:28 AM

Mar 2015
omg, for a second at the end, I thought the debris was supposed to be their car, and that note was the only thing that made it out.

Thankfully, from this forum that doesn't seem to be the case.

In the end, I really enjoyed this anime. I really thought the filler helped make the impact of the last couple of episodes that much greater. After getting to really learn about these characters, their hopes and fears, and seeing them trying to make the best out of it. I wasn't prepared to just see it all fall apart.

I thought the ending was handled pretty well, (I was honestly going to be pretty mad if it just ended with them all dying) and it was very bittersweet. I really do hope for a Season 2. I hope that whole secret about the chemical weapon and the school being a shelter wasn't just an excuse to have a cure for Kurimi.

Fingers crossed!
Sep 25, 2015 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Apparently.... Megu-nee is always with them. In case you doubt it, when Yuki nod her head, her shadow (or Megu-nee) didn't move.

Sep 25, 2015 12:37 AM

Jun 2014
Wow! I was amazed at how well the changes from the manga showed such growth in the characters! I cried so much in this episode from all the feels!

The whole change in the Taroumaru storyline helped both Yuki and Miki grow as characters. The broadcast booth change made much more sense and showed that the zombies do really retain some of their memories and explained why they were always hanging around the school.

Even though the manga showed you who the zombie girl was at the end, just seeing Miki's reaction and the message on the board gave the anime watchers a clue. There was no need to spell it out!

Overall the rewrite that the author did to the story to adapt it to an anime was done really well. It still had its dark moments, but it also showed how a group of young girls in a zombie apocalypse could bond and ready themselves to move on with their lives.

A lot of people are whining and complaining about how they changed the dark manga into such a light hearted anime, but being someone who has read both the manga and watched the anime I was not disappointed at all!

Overall I give this a 9/10!

Really hoping that the preview of Touko at the end means we will see a second season revolving around the university arc of the manga!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 25, 2015 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the series. Was kind of hoping for a more tragic ending, but that was fine too. 8.5/10 from me. All aboard the Season 2 train. ^^
♬ choo choo hibiki train ♬

Sep 25, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2013
I was really looking forward to see the "good morning" scene animated, then they changed it. :(

Other than that I actually really liked the anime, while it's different from the manga it can stand on its own, and ended the same way as the original anyway (just like Miki said!).
Sep 25, 2015 12:56 AM

Feb 2015
frequency15k said:
good job! in the first 5 minutes you rendered all the events leading up to this fucking pointless!

How so?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 25, 2015 12:57 AM

Nov 2014
This episode made me cry, the sudden rescue by Zombified Taroumaru and his death afterwards made a huge impact
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Sep 25, 2015 1:00 AM

Feb 2011
too sad for words
Sep 25, 2015 1:10 AM

Feb 2015
politoadboy said:
Caelidesu said:

How so?

Out of curiosity, what do you think the show does well?

Yuki's character design allows the show to shift between SOL and horror instantaneously without turning the show into a farce.

The writing shows a degree of self-awareness, in the 'lampshading' of apparently plot contrivances as well as referencing of similar works.

The show has plenty of easter eggs and pieces of foreshadowing that are just subtle enough to allow you to convince yourself that certain foreshadowed events may or may not happen.

Also, they managed to avoid having a 'zombie of the week'. There was a variance, where some episodes were tense while others felt more relaxed.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 25, 2015 1:30 AM

May 2014
For those of you complaining about how "shitty the adaption is" and "thank god it's over" -- question: ever heard of just not watching it? Lol. Cue the qq'ers when season 2 is announced and they feel "Oh SO COMPELLED" to watch it just to crap on it...

I was expecting some of them to die, not going to lie. Mostly because Episode 12 was delayed on subs and some people were trolling in the comments saying "so they all died".
Very nice touch with Zombie Kei. I hated Taroumaru but I felt like I liked him a little bit more after he saved Yuki and he thanked Miki. I was always pissed that he was so mean to Miki because Miki was actually REALLY good to Taroumaru despite that one time she raised her voice a little. Ugh.

Very tearful scene with Megu-nee and Yuuri at the end of graduation.

Personally looking forward to a season 2, very, very nice touch with Touko in the end picking up the "we are happy!" postcard Yuki and the others made.

I like this anime. Just wish they had a little bit more zombie and progression instead of the two filler episodes since there are plenty of short animes with no fillers.

Edit: Decided to edit my comment after reading what one person had to say. They noted that it was uncanny and weak for Yuki to have solved the problem just by broadcasting that it was "time to go home". Now that I think about it, that part may have been written a little weak, but it still works. I'm curious to hear what the people who disagreed with this ending would have written it.
kimoeSep 25, 2015 1:52 AM
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.