Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2015 4:58 AM
Feb 2014
So, I just realized Charlotte have a major plot hole, how the fuck do Yuu remembers when he helped his brother use his ability to go back in time and save everything? When yuu got his memory wiped it was just the memory of his brother, the memory of the lab in the "first time line" never happened since his brother went back in time.
Sincerely... it makes no sense for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2015 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
Razzorz said:
So, I just realized Charlotte have a major plot hole, how the fuck do Yuu remembers when he helped his brother use his ability to go back in time and save everything? When yuu got his memory wiped it was just the memory of his brother, the memory of the lab in the "first time line" never happened since his brother went back in time.
Sincerely... it makes no sense for me.

Yeah, other people have brought up that plot hole lol; I don't know how to answer that either.
But then again, the Reading Steiner was never explained either, so eh, doesn't really matter.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 23, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2013
Even the show brought up the plothole in episode 11, but they just said "whatever, we don't know the cause, just forget about it".
Here it is:
Lollo36Sep 23, 2015 5:12 AM
Sep 23, 2015 5:22 AM
Feb 2014
Lollo36 said:
Even the show brought up the plothole in episode 11, but they just said "whatever, we don't know the cause, just forget about it".
Here it is:

Well, in episode 11, Yuu was asking why ayumi couldn't remember her brother and how that was sad. Shunsuke just said they couldn't know why he remembered it but it was like he remembered the memories wiped by Maedomari not that he remembered something that happened in another time line. But of course it could be just some universal unexplained magic shit just like "the reading steiner" from Steins;Gate like LightBladeNova said, but again... it makes no sense for me ._.
Sep 23, 2015 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
2deep4me
Sep 23, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
Did you remember episode 9? In the show, Sala's song, " Trigger", made him remember the alternate timeline, which was erased by Shun's Time Leap. Because, in that other timeline, Yuu was listening to the same song in the facility.

Yep, the power of the music.
Sep 23, 2015 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
i has a lot more plot holes like the terrorists not attacking in the firat time line or yuu brother waiting for two months to call yuu to ressurect ayumi for no giving reason or the author simply forgetting that he needs to make yuu take sala to cure nao s brother
Sep 23, 2015 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
Because plot convenience
Sep 23, 2015 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
People are still delving into Charlotte? kek
Sep 23, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2014
Unfortunately, this entire anime is one giant plot hole.
Sep 23, 2015 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
davinci12 said:
Sep 23, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
Did you mean the whole anime?
Sep 23, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Fruit_de_la_Eden said:
davinci12 said:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
iThoughtSheWas16 said:
Because plot convenience

plot convenience happens all the time in this anime
Sep 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2015
Yo, you just pointed out a single plot hole. I can show you a hundred more.
Sep 23, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2015
A spot should be made just to name all the plot holes.
And I really wanted to like this show.
The more time you spend on MAL, the less time you're actually watching anime.
Sep 23, 2015 1:24 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The main issue here is that noone really knows how time leap and time travel works. These are part of an fictional story. That means the author of the story decided the rules of time leap/time travel actions.

Based on these rules we can argue. The problem in Charlotte is that the basic rules of time leap were never explained during the show.

We only know about Shunsuke to have this ability and that he can wake up in his younger version.
Sep 23, 2015 2:37 PM
Oct 2014
I think it will be explained in last episode. In preview we see yuu saying something as if he slowly forgetting everything, maybe he slowly disappears from the world?
I mean, when shun was leaving time lines for do everything again, did the world he left disappear, it continuos story without him or part of him continuos live on old world?
His rescuing the world is pointless, if he left so many worlds behind o.o
But, what if his power is kind of illusion or dream, then yuu's memories are from tru world and in episode 13 everyone comes back, but yuu is probably dead in true world...
I can't see it in another way or it's just a hole as everyone say. I hope it's not, illusion version sound good
Sep 23, 2015 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
The main issue here is that noone really knows how time leap and time travel works. These are part of an fictional story. That means the author of the story decided the rules of time leap/time travel actions.

Based on these rules we can argue. The problem in Charlotte is that the basic rules of time leap were never explained during the show.

We only know about Shunsuke to have this ability and that he can wake up in his younger version.

The problem is that there are no rules on how the time travel works on charlotte,no one remembers the memories of the previous timelines but yuu remembers for no giving reason,and the time travel seems to cause diferences on the the futurefor again no giving reason
Sep 23, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
I've read all posts here and no one yet gave a proper plot hole. What's the purpose of this thread then?
KryzakamiHrybamiSep 23, 2015 3:14 PM
Sep 23, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
I've read all posts here and no one yet gave a proper plot hole. What's the purpose of this thread then?

How about yuu not being able to leave the organization because his power of stealing was the strongest being one of the members whose mission was to go outside and gather more members to the school,is that a plot hole to you?
Sep 23, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2011
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

How about yuu not being able to leave the organization because his power of stealing was the strongest being one of the members whose mission was to go outside and gather more members to the school,is that a plot hole to you?

He couldn't left the facility and leave his brother and sister behind, even looting powers, who would know if he could keep them alive? And he belived that Shuunsuke time traveling would save them all.
The purpose wasn't to gather more members to the school, but make Yu looting their powers. Nao and megane guy keep their because it was useful to go behind more people, and Yusa because Misa power was strong, i think.
Sep 23, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
ayasaaki said:
gabrielrroiz said:

He couldn't left the facility and leave his brother and sister behind, even looting powers, who would know if he could keep them alive? And he belived that Shuunsuke time traveling would save them all.

The purpose wasn't to gather more members to the school, but make Yu looting their powers. Nao and megane guy keep their because it was useful to go behind more people, and Yusa because Misa power was strong, i think.

that was not the purpose since they want to avoid yuu having a lot of powers because that way yuu would not be able to control then and the organization to gather the people with powers already existed even before yuu came he taking the powers of the people was not something useful for their plans and how shinsuke brother would be able to save their brother and sister if something happened to yuu since he was outside if he was not able to use his power of time trivel?
Sep 23, 2015 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

The reason why he cannot leave the facility is because there's tons of different organization or terrorist who seek superpower users like Yuu. This is the reason why Shunsuke asked kumagami to bring Yuu into the facility at a certain moment after the event that caused Ayumi's death. Before that, he was helping Tomori at gathering superpower users into the protected school.

Note that Yuu didn't have his power awakened yet when Maedomari erased the sibling's memories. So Shunsuke actually planned to bring Yuu into the facility once it'll be done. The period to which Yuu had his power and he knows how to use it wasn't really long.
Sep 23, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

The reason why he cannot leave the facility is because there's tons of different organization or terrorist who seek superpower users like Yuu. This is the reason why Shunsuke asked kumagami to bring Yuu into the facility at a certain moment after the event that caused Ayumi's death. Before that, he was helping Tomori at gathering superpower users into the protected school.

Note that Yuu didn't have his power awakened yet when Maedomari erased the sibling's memories. So Shunsuke actually planned to bring Yuu into the facility once it'll be done. The period to which Yuu had his power and he knows how to use it wasn't really long.

What diferrence does it make if yuu knows how to use the power or not if the other organizations have other people that can track power users like kumagami and they have it is said in episode 12 that there are other people that can sense people powers like him they would know yuu real power then it would made no diferrence if yuu knows or do not know how to use its powers correctly and so there would make no to sense to make him stop going to missions only because he knows how his powers work he knowing how his ability work would only make it safer for him to go outside
Sep 23, 2015 5:03 PM
Jan 2015
Remember Sala Shane singing and cause the crazy guy to recover? Maybe she has the power to restore an person's mind through singing. However, the person might have to listen to live version instead of the recorded version.
Sep 23, 2015 5:16 PM

Oct 2014
7redemperor7 said:
Remember Sala Shane singing and cause the crazy guy to recover? Maybe she has the power to restore an person's mind through singing. However, the person might have to listen to live version instead of the recorded version.

what does restoring a person mind have to do if memories from another dimensions?
Sep 23, 2015 5:21 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

What diferrence does it make if yuu knows how to use the power or not if the other organizations have other people that can track power users like kumagami and they have it is said in episode 12 that there are other people that can sense people powers like him they would know yuu real power then it would made no diferrence if yuu knows or do not know how to use its powers correctly and so there would make no to sense to make him stop going to missions only because he knows how his powers work he knowing how his ability work would only make it safer for him to go outside

And your point is...?
Sep 23, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

And your point is...?

that your point does not make sense, yuu is not in more danger because he knows how to use his ability and there were always danger of him getting captured from the begginig so it makes no sense for him to be able to go outside since the begginig of the show
Sep 23, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2015
[b]Safe Place?

Help and support?

Evil scientists?
Laboratory - Research Center - Cutting Edge Technology - Scientists - Researchers - Money and no one ever bothered to research a healing, for the big brother of Tomori?

[center]/[center]
Sep 23, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

And your point is...?

that your point does not make sense, yuu is not in more danger because he knows how to use his ability and there were always danger of him getting captured from the begginig so it makes no sense for him to be able to go outside since the begginig of the show

Of course there is danger for him to go outside. Why do you think both Yuu and Ayumi were transferred to a safe place?

And yes, there is more chance for him to get captured if he knows how to possess someone rather than not knowing about it at all.
Sep 23, 2015 6:13 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Of course there is danger for him to go outside. Why do you think both Yuu and Ayumi were transferred to a safe place?

And yes, there is more chance for him to get captured if he knows how to possess someone rather than not knowing about it at all.

the why do they send him to mission that are not safe outside if his ability is very dangerous if he got captured?
And of course there is not he posses people the same way and he could be not use his other abilities if warned
Sep 23, 2015 6:35 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

the why do they send him to mission that are not safe outside if his ability is very dangerous if he got captured?
And of course there is not he posses people the same way and he could be not use his other abilities if warned

Why does a mission matter that much? Sure it's not 100% safe, but they are doing this to prevent other users to get caught by the scientists. They don't send Yuu blindly everywhere though. They only go on a mission by work time and when it isn't, it's on a private property. Nao knows what she's doing and how to make sure not being caught by the scientists.
Sep 23, 2015 6:37 PM
Sep 2015
ReinhildeReinka said:
Safe Place?

Help and support?

Evil scientists?
Laboratory - Research Center - Cutting Edge Technology - Scientists - Researchers - Money and no one ever bothered to research a healing, for the big brother of Tomori?

Great job

Shun and Nao are:

Sep 23, 2015 6:59 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Why does a mission matter that much? Sure it's not 100% safe, but they are doing this to prevent other users to get caught by the scientists. They don't send Yuu blindly everywhere though. They only go on a mission by work time and when it isn't, it's on a private property. Nao knows what she's doing and how to make sure not being caught by the scientists.

it does not chamge that the danger that he is having on this missions is unecessary and if he is safe going with nao there is no reason for him to stop going,and i do not see how him being in this sort of missions is important so that the risk is worth it
Sep 23, 2015 7:29 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Hrybami said:

it does not chamge that the danger that he is having on this missions is unecessary and if he is safe going with nao there is no reason for him to stop going,and i do not see how him being in this sort of missions is important so that the risk is worth it

I can't tell what you're trying to prove with your first phrase. It's just pure contradiction.

The purpose of these missions is to gather student with superpower. So yes, there is à risk to them. But even if there is a risk, they still need to achievethis.s
Sep 23, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I can't tell what you're trying to prove with your first phrase. It's just pure contradiction.

The purpose of these missions is to gather student with superpower. So yes, there is à risk to them. But even if there is a risk, they still need to achievethis.s

they do not need yuu to gather super power they have been doing this for a lot of time without yuu then why to put someone in this missions that are dangerous if he is not needed in this missions and he have an ability that is so dangerous that he should not leave the facility?
Sep 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2015
Hrybami said:

In the camping episode, how did Nao know that the boy who could fly would come in on that exact spot or even better, how was there a hole just conveniently there in the first place

Why did Yusarin have that execs cell phone in the first place?

What was the negative effect of telekinesis?

How come Yuu has past memories from an alternate self?

When Yuu takes Nao's power, why doesn't he fall unconscious?

When Yuu goes back in time, how come Nao somehow knows about her brother getting better, and yet Yuu couldn't have already met the singer yet?

A personal question, but how come Nao draws the line at drugs and not, say, Yuu torturing his victims?

etc. This is fun.
Sep 23, 2015 7:50 PM

Oct 2014
ObjectiveOpinion said:
Hrybami said:

In the camping episode, how did Nao know that the boy who could fly would come in on that exact spot or even better, how was there a hole just conveniently there in the first place

When Yuu goes back in time, how come Nao somehow knows about her brother getting better, and yet Yuu couldn't have already met the singer yet?

A personal question, but how come Nao draws the line at drugs and not, say, Yuu torturing his victims?

etc. This is fun.

nao knows about about her brother getting better in this timeline?
of course this is fun
Sep 23, 2015 7:56 PM

Mar 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
ObjectiveOpinion said:

etc. This is fun.

of course this is fun

Actually now that I think about it, they didnt talk (have new conversations) any except for in the hospital in the new timeline, correct? So unless its mentioned there I could be wrong.
Sep 23, 2015 7:58 PM

Mar 2015
Besides all this I do want to know what the cryptic blind singer whose name escapes me's reason for being blind is, as she makes it sound as if she once had powers like the brother. If this isnt answered in the finale, its going to be chalked up here too.
Sep 23, 2015 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
ObjectiveOpinion said:
Besides all this I do want to know what the cryptic blind singer whose name escapes me's reason for being blind is, as she makes it sound as if she once had powers like the brother. If this isnt answered in the finale, its going to be chalked up here too.

it is not going to be answered there are to many things that remain unawsred for the autor to start to explain everithing so I think he will go for a cheap feels ending in the last episode
Sep 23, 2015 8:50 PM

May 2012
gabrielrroiz said:

OK, let's look at this from the point of view of crime syndicates, terrorists or other organizations who seek the power of ability users for nefarious purposes.

The Yuu who doesn't fully understand what his true power even is, let alone how to put his multiple powers to good use is useful to those who want to use him as - basically - a lab rat.

The Yuu who is fully aware of what his true power is and who shows signs of being able to put it to good use is going to be much more highly sought after, for two obvious reasons:
1) If they can capture and force him (via whatever corrupt and/or inhumane means are necessary) to do their bidding, he is an extremely valuable tool/weapon.
2) If they can't turn him into their own all-purpose tool/weapon, he is potentially a serious threat to them and one that would need to be eliminated.

Sure, the events of episode 11 were an ugly mess of bad planning and execution by just about everyone involved, but they do give some idea of the lengths to which some terrorist groups/crime syndicates are prepared to go to get what they want.

The point at which this logic pretty much implodes is the insanely difficult and dangerous mission that Nao has sent Yuu on at the end of episode 12. I would like to hope this is a case of Nao knowing something we don't rather than a a truly desperate, virtually impossible and basically batshit last resort. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
Sep 24, 2015 12:00 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
gabrielrroiz said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

The problem is that there are no rules on how the time travel works on charlotte,no one remembers the memories of the previous timelines but yuu remembers for no giving reason,and the time travel seems to cause diferences on the the futurefor again no giving reason

Ofcourse there are rules how the time leap ability works. As we could see there are somehow connection between the time-line. These are somehow connected to the song from Zhiend. This song did trigger a effect on Yuu. This effect does him remember things from a previous time-line. How that works was not explained in the anime.

Time Travel/Time Leap can possible cause differences because of the influence from the one who came back in time. Ayumi was saved, so that means in that time line Ayumi is still alive while in the previous one she is not.
Sep 24, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2011
I'm almost sure they said in one episode that the purpose of Yuu was to loot people powers, but Yuu himself wasn't supposed to know that he could loot.

Come on, otherwise do they really believe that just saying "Hey stop using your powers or evil scientists will do bad things on you" was enough to stop them using their powers?
Sep 24, 2015 5:26 AM

Oct 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Ofcourse there are rules how the time leap ability works. As we could see there are somehow connection between the time-line. These are somehow connected to the song from Zhiend. This song did trigger a effect on Yuu. This effect does him remember things from a previous time-line. How that works was not explained in the anime.

Time Travel/Time Leap can possible cause differences because of the influence from the one who came back in time. Ayumi was saved, so that means in that time line Ayumi is still alive while in the previous one she is not.

OFof course there are no rules in tha way the time leap worksit works in any way the writer wants without giving explanations yuu remembers memories from another dimension because of hearing songs events change in the future and there is no explanation for any of that if time travel really can change the future of a timeline shinsuke who had done the time leap a lot of times should know of that and told yuu about that
Guess why he did not told yuu about this?because time travel works in random ways
Sep 24, 2015 6:09 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
gabrielrroiz said:

OFof course there are no rules in tha way the time leap worksit works in any way the writer wants without giving explanations yuu remembers memories from another dimension because of hearing songs events change in the future and there is no explanation for any of that if time travel really can change the future of a timeline shinsuke who had done the time leap a lot of times should know of that and told yuu about that
Guess why he did not told yuu about this?because time travel works in random ways

If someone want to use time leap there will be a basic principle to do that. Also there are many factors that could be changed the outgoing of the past events or future.

For example : If Shunsuke would kill the father of a future scientist before the kid was born, the scientist would never exist in the first place, so you would assume. There are time travel/time leap theories about that the time development itself cannot be changed by anyone. That means even though this scientist existence was erased, someone else would take his place and all the events will still happen, because what once did happen will happen again no matter what kind of change in time will be done.

We do not know any kind of rules or principle from his time leap ability. One thing we know is that he used his ability very often to create a facility for skill user and a school where they could live peacefully. The other one is the side effect of time leap to loose your eyesight and that he only can use time leap as long as a version of himself does already exists in that time.

If something was influenced by his time leap ability and he does not notice the change itself, how could he tell about it to Yuu ?

The information about the time leap ability given by the series are sparse. We know that he could use the ability in the past. We do not know if the other timelines still exists or there would be only one time line that would be changed in its form.
Sep 24, 2015 8:24 AM
Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
ObjectiveOpinion said:

etc. This is fun.

of course this is fun

Lol...poor nao's brother will never recover(how will nao know the power of sala's music)?

Btw....adding another plot hole....how come yuu exactly knows the same place and same time when that yandere girl attacks ayumi? sorcery or something?(hiding in the cupboard with no clue at all?!)
Sep 24, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
gabrielrroiz said:

yes he does not give any information about how time leap works intentionally so he can make it work on any way he wants without consistense
A nd how does ayumi blowing up a school being replaced by terrorists

If someone want to use time leap there will be a basic principle to do that. Also there are many factors that could be changed the outgoing of the past events or future.

For example : If Shunsuke would kill the father of a future scientist before the kid was born, the scientist would never exist in the first place, so you would assume. There are time travel/time leap theories about that the time development itself cannot be changed by anyone. That means even though this scientist existence was erased, someone else would take his place and all the events will still happen, because what once did happen will happen again no matter what kind of change in time will be done.

We do not know any kind of rules or principle from his time leap ability. One thing we know is that he used his ability very often to create a facility for skill user and a school where they could live peacefully. The other one is the side effect of time leap to loose your eyesight and that he only can use time leap as long as a version of himself does already exists in that time.

If something was influenced by his time leap ability and he does not notice the change itself, how could he tell about it to Yuu ?

The information about the time leap ability given by the series are sparse. We know that he could use the ability in the past. We do not know if the other timelines still exists or there would be only one time line that would be changed in its form.

yes he does not give any information about how time leap works intentionally so he can make it work on any way he wants without consistense
A nd how does ayumi blowing up a school being replaced by terrorists is normal change according this teory?
Sep 24, 2015 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
ani12 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

of course this is fun

Lol...poor nao's brother will never recover(how will nao know the power of sala's music)?

Btw....adding another plot hole....how come yuu exactly knows the same place and same time when that yandere girl attacks ayumi? sorcery or something?(hiding in the cupboard with no clue at all?!)

how does kumagami knows that something is going to happen with ayumi because he clearly sends that girl to rescue her
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.