Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
For those interested, I found a website in JP (but Google Translate is enough here) tracking EVERY HIATUS from Togashi:

http://hunter.noihjp.com/rest/rest.php?Year=2015

Which is equal to a 22.5 % publish rate aka 0.225 of a chapter per week or 4.44 weeks to have one chapter published on average :p

Currently at 351 weeks of publication (including the 2 chapters special story) & 490 weeks of non-publication (Hiatus)

He's at 49 consecutive weeks of Hiatus at the moment, I wonder if he's gonna go for a new record and beat his previous one (69 consecutive weeks in 2013-2014 period)

Another fun fact is, if he didn't publish 2 chapters during early 2013, his old 69 consecutive weeks Hiatus record would have been 103 consecutive weeks instead :D

Chimera Ant Arc started on July, 7th 2003 (Chapter 188)
And finished on October, 3rd 2011 (Chapter 318)

It corresponds to 37% of the total 349 chapters... (130/349)

It sure felt way longer for me with all those hiatus breaks though.

Well, Togashi was on hiatus 266 times out of the total 396 weeks during which period the Chimera Ant arc was going on, no wonder :p

it will probably be a 3-10 chapters publication and then go back on a 1-2 years hiatus though lmao

I hope I will see either this manga or Berserk's ending before I die of old age T_T

HyunckelJan 20, 2016 9:08 AM

Sep 18, 2015 6:14 PM
Sep 2007
after years waiting for the ant arc to finish my hope is vanishing away once again :(

Sep 18, 2015 6:28 PM
Sep 2007
after years waiting for the ant arc to finish my hope is vanishing away once again :(

Sep 18, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2013
I just don't care anymore.
Sep 18, 2015 6:44 PM

Aug 2014
Hiatus x Hiatus
Sep 18, 2015 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
I check on these boards every 3-4 months or so. Looks he still gone lol
welp maybe next year lmao
you sound poor
Sep 19, 2015 3:58 AM
Oct 2014
Don't really think he will come back anytime soon. The reason I came here was to check if he was going to start writing again... Oh well >.<
Sep 19, 2015 7:10 AM

Aug 2012
I have been scouting the japanese google results and apparently, nobody don't know any 'real' reason why the hell he is barely publishing 5-10 chapters per year since 2006+

It seems japanese people are getting more and more impatient (even though most of them still support him and seem to believe he is really ill).

Maybe he'll pickup the pace... His latest chapters were pretty good on the art department at least.

But yeah, I was surprised that the guy went on years of hiatus and nobody seems to care at Shueisha (Weekly Shounen Jump publishers) LOL

Some people say Togashi is trolling them on purpose, fulfilling his vengeance against them for when they 'forced' him to publish one chapter per week (like every other author) but more importantly forced him to go into an all-out classic shonen battle manga ala DBZ at the time, when he wanted Yu-Yu Hakusho to be a detective manga...

When you see Naruto / Bleach / One Piece with +700 chapters and +70 volumes published when Togashi barely pushed 350 chapters and 32 volumes in the same 15 years period

Oh well, same as for Berserk, I don't care anymore either ¯_(ツ)_/¯

At least the anime made the Chimera Ant arc more 'enjoyable' to go through.

And yeah, I do have a 20 ish 'real' volumes in my home library, it's true that the art style DOES improve in the volumes compared to the weekly (err, not really weekly anymore) serialization.

But that doesn't really justify waiting 6 months for one chapter. Berserk's author doesn't take that long to publish new chapters on average, and the quality has ALWAYS been top notch.

I think Togashi said he was impressed by BASTARD !! 's author for his pretty art style and one-man-doing-it-all-alone philosophy.
Welp BASTARD !! is now on perpetual hiatus since 2012 LOL

Tl ; dr
We won't see the end of Hiatus X Hiatus until A LOOOOOOONG TIME.

Maybe when Square-Enix stop releasing new Dragon Quest games ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 21, 2015 8:46 PM

Nov 2012
There's a website with a 49-days-and-something countdown on
http://hunterxhunter.rocks/ (you might want to enable adblock)
It's a fanfic project behind lots of ads I guess?
Don't know if I'm allowed to post urls here, though.
Sep 21, 2015 11:49 PM
Jun 2015
kchorrex2012 said:

that's some fan-made manga....read the story synopsis :P
Oct 4, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
ani12 said:
kchorrex2012 said:

It'd be interesting though since it will take 2 months for Kurapika, Leorio, the rest of Zodiacs, Ging, Pariston, Beyond and his team to land on Dark Continent. Si I guess those 2 months (HxH's time, lol) will be revolved around Gon, Killua, and Zushi. Wing should be in there too lol. I just hope it's not a fan-fic after all :(
Oct 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Oct 2010
One of my earliest experience of hiatus was from Shaman King's author. But rather than pausing it, he ended the manga prematurely.
Several years later he came back and redrew the last scenes, making the end complete.

However I can't really see that happening to HxH though. Aside from Togashi himself saying that he still have so much plan for this manga, the real reason of his hiatuses are really unclear.

The safest way to protect hearts right now is simply not to care anymore, indeed.
But I know in the corner of our mind that amounts to a terrible feeling.
Oct 14, 2015 9:29 PM

Jun 2015
At this case, we're all going to die before we see the of this conclusion manga
Oct 14, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2014
I have a challenge well idk if this is a challenge but it was for me go to this link http://hunter.noihjp.com/rest/rest.php?Year=2015 that Hyunckel post and copy and paste it in google translate and hit the audio thing at the bottom of google translate and see how long you can listen to it
Oct 16, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2012
Prasdana said:
ani12 said:

It'd be interesting though since it will take 2 months for Kurapika, Leorio, the rest of Zodiacs, Ging, Pariston, Beyond and his team to land on Dark Continent. Si I guess those 2 months (HxH's time, lol) will be revolved around Gon, Killua, and Zushi. Wing should be in there too lol. I just hope it's not a fan-fic after all :(

Well, you can clearly see how well drawn the drawings are, and how digitalized they are (IE: drawn on a computer using a tablet and pen) unlike Togashi's ...

We're stuck at Chap 349 for now, and some people are already saying that he stopped serialization o_O

I gotta dig on Google JP for a bit to find informations about it

Mr_Perv_ said:
I have a challenge well idk if this is a challenge but it was for me go to this link http://hunter.noihjp.com/rest/rest.php?Year=2015 that Hyunckel post and copy and paste it in google translate and hit the audio thing at the bottom of google translate and see how long you can listen to it

lol that cracked me up !
Here is the google translate link for those who want to listen to it :

http://tinyurl.com/neosuku

Dec 22, 2015 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
Hunter x Hunter Manga to Resume in June
December 13, 2015

Shueisha and Viz Media announced on Tuesday that Yoshihiro Togashi will resume his Hunter X Hunter manga series once again in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in June.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 24, 2015 8:14 PM

Mar 2011
pivamornfis said:
December 13, 2015

Shueisha and Viz Media announced on Tuesday that Yoshihiro Togashi will resume his Hunter X Hunter manga series once again in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in June.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Source? I can't find any proof of this.
Dec 25, 2015 3:54 PM
Jun 2014
Blaize said:
pivamornfis said:
December 13, 2015

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Source? I can't find any proof of this.

Sadly, I think this is just the old news from 2014.
Dec 25, 2015 11:20 PM
Jan 20, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2012
fiane said:
One of my earliest experience of hiatus was from Shaman King's author. But rather than pausing it, he ended the manga prematurely.
Several years later he came back and redrew the last scenes, making the end complete.

Coming back to this board by random chance and seeing this.

I'd love if Nihei would come back to his Sidonia no Kishi manga and make a proper ending (it sure as hell felt ending prematurely, especially some characters' ending which came out of nowhere and felt forced as hell o_o)

As for Togashi... Who knows. That guy can be on hiatus for 5 years and his editor / shonen jump spot wouldn't question it. Shaking my head...

Jan 20, 2016 9:04 AM

Aug 2012

Awesome website! I'm glad your first post in 2 years was for this, it was worth it :p

I'm adding it to the original post, thanks :)

Feb 4, 2016 9:17 PM

Aug 2015
After what he said about Yu Yu Hakusho it's pretty clear that he don't care about HxH anymore.
The whole weekly process is not for him.

When he come with a new idea he kind of put a lot of effort in it.
But he gets bored of it really fast.

I have zero faith that it will end properly someday. He simply don't want/like to do it anymore.
Mar 4, 2016 11:25 PM

Feb 2011
I was so obsessed with this as a kid, but now, I actually would not mind if the series never finished. I dont need to know the ending anymore and dont feel a strong need to, as much as I used to.

Im not sure why. Maybe Im just sick of all the hiatus or not liking these current arcs as much or maybe its because Gon found Ging, Killua found meaning in his life and friendship, Kurapika foud most of the eyes and some revenge, and Leorio could go on to be a doctor after more schooling if he wanted. I think this is why. As a kid, I was annoyed at the lack of closure, but right now...I would not mind this.
Mar 8, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
Dragon said:
I was so obsessed with this as a kid, but now, I actually would not mind if the series never finished. I dont need to know the ending anymore and dont feel a strong need to, as much as I used to.

Im not sure why. Maybe Im just sick of all the hiatus or not liking these current arcs as much or maybe its because Gon found Ging, Killua found meaning in his life and friendship, Kurapika foud most of the eyes and some revenge, and Leorio could go on to be a doctor after more schooling if he wanted. I think this is why. As a kid, I was annoyed at the lack of closure, but right now...I would not mind this.

Well I mean that's how most people probably feel atm.If you look at the show from an anime only perspective then it kinda closed well with a few minor things left unresolved. The only thing I would like more closure on is kurapika. I mean he is in the current arc so yeah. Leorio is in need of something big for his character besides being a doctor. Anything extra from hunter x hunter atm is just a bonus really. I look forward to any content released from hxh but I don't really care if it never ends properly.
you sound poor
Mar 13, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2014
I'm very excited about the Dark Continent arc, Togashi better deliver this year...
Mar 15, 2016 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
God damn, this is still on hiatus, it's been what, 1 year and a half already? Jeez...

Mar 15, 2016 8:16 PM

Apr 2014
I didnt find out about hxh when the other hiatuses was going on but i just wanna know is this one the longest he's been on hiatus
Mar 24, 2016 4:32 PM

Apr 2014
I heard hxh is coming back this year in April here's sauce
http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/38669/20160322/hunter-x-hunter-manga-continuation.htm
BootyMuncher9KMar 25, 2016 9:41 AM
Mar 24, 2016 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
G_Spark233 said:
I just don't care anymore.
I did not care since the beginning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.