Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2015 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
According to Dengeki Online (via Siliconera), "SAO IV" - the next "main" game in the series - will be formally announced later in the year.
NerrothOct 3, 2015 10:27 PM
Sep 16, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2014
So they're just pulling a Mario Kart and numbering the series now?
Sep 16, 2015 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
It's just a temporary place-holder. They did the same last year with "SAO III", which turned out to be Lost Song.
Sep 16, 2015 10:33 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
these are a fairly decent set of games I hear?
Oct 3, 2015 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
The next SAO game is Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, for Vita and PS4:

Oct 3, 2015 10:29 PM

Jan 2008
Milking the shit out of the game series. Da hell are they even doing in this game. Keeping jumping back and forth.
Oct 3, 2015 10:34 PM

Sep 2015
I personally like aincrad in SAO
Might give it a shot, just maybe

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Oct 5, 2015 2:38 AM
May 2009
Need to finish the first one still.
Would prefer if the game was more than just fighting though.
Oct 5, 2015 8:37 AM
Feb 2015
Isn't one of the games releasing in November in the States?
Dec 23, 2015 6:24 PM

Dec 2013
Dec 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
Tensho said:
these are a fairly decent set of games I hear?

Yeah, they're pretty good. Just a little grindy like most jrpgs are.
Jan 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
A pair of new SAO:HR gameplay clips are up:

Jan 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like a hybrid between Lost Song and Hollow Fragment. I did like the gameplay of Lost Song though.
Just hoping that the mechanics for dungeons and all that won't be dumbed down like Lost Song. At least the game looks still pretty, and nice to see you get more party members - let's just hope that the AI isn't stupid though.

I am more interested in seeing the online gameplay though.
Jan 28, 2016 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
I've always really wanted to play these games. They look pretty fun.
Jan 31, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2013
Mashiro-Senpai said:

I liked Re: Hollow Fragment. Vita version isn't as polished though - translation was horrendous I heard. They added some new features in the PS4 version (online mode). Graphically not as pretty, and the battle system is a bit more strategic - not so much hack and slash. I think the design of that game, dungeons, and random loot worked very well. Storyline is really filler - it's just fan servicey.

As for Lost Song, only played PS4 version as well. The online PVP received positive reviews (even though I don't PVP myself). I played some online, and it seems fun - just disappointed that it isn't indepth as Re: HF. You have to unlock missions via story only, can't just jump into it. I liked the story better in Lost Song, but the dungeon/area design is really mediocre. I do like the battle system, and flying - at least that seems decent.

So let's hope they combine the best between the two, and make a better product in this new entry.
Jan 31, 2016 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:

I liked Re: Hollow Fragment. Vita version isn't as polished though - translation was horrendous I heard. They added some new features in the PS4 version (online mode). Graphically not as pretty, and the battle system is a bit more strategic - not so much hack and slash. I think the design of that game, dungeons, and random loot worked very well. Storyline is really filler - it's just fan servicey.

As for Lost Song, only played PS4 version as well. The online PVP received positive reviews (even though I don't PVP myself). I played some online, and it seems fun - just disappointed that it isn't indepth as Re: HF. You have to unlock missions via story only, can't just jump into it. I liked the story better in Lost Song, but the dungeon/area design is really mediocre. I do like the battle system, and flying - at least that seems decent.

So let's hope they combine the best between the two, and make a better product in this new entry.

It looks like my future PS4 library is going to be mostly Japanese games, lol. I'll probably pick one up when Persona 5 comes around.

The flying looked neat. And the fanservicy plot doesn't bother me too much. I would like more, but it's SAO, which I already know the plot for, so filler is fine. I like the Visual Novel style, anyway. Sometimes it's more important that a game is just fun and interesting.
Jan 31, 2016 3:51 PM

Nov 2013
Mashiro-Senpai said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

It looks like my future PS4 library is going to be mostly Japanese games, lol. I'll probably pick one up when Persona 5 comes around.

The flying looked neat. And the fanservicy plot doesn't bother me too much. I would like more, but it's SAO, which I already know the plot for, so filler is fine. I like the Visual Novel style, anyway. Sometimes it's more important that a game is just fun and interesting.

I liked how the games have an original story, not one that just reiterates the anime.
But I definitely recommend some knowledge of the anime for these games :p
Mar 13, 2016 7:16 AM

Dec 2013
A new PV is up:

NerrothMar 14, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 26, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2013
Apr 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2016
The game looks pretty promising and it's nice to see that they still keep Philia & Strea around in the game series.

I'm still playing Re: Hollow Fragment at the moment but this looks like a good sequel to it. Haven't really felt keen on Lost Song but Hollow Realization has my interests.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 3, 2016 9:05 PM

Feb 2016
Bump, basically a subbed version of the above trailer Nerroth posted, looks like. Didn't manage to watch the full thing due to irl interruptions.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 4, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2013
Looking pretty forward to this. Have enjoyed the previous entries a good amount.

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
6 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
7 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.