Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 23, 2015 7:54 AM

Sep 2014
Omg, Winry is such a useless character. Always going to be that weakspot as a naive girl to set up pressure on the elrics....again and again and again....

At least Amstrong was a bad ass and killed Raven.
Apr 22, 2015 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
Aaaand he's dead, was about time. Winry's appearance makes (once again) things worse xD
Jul 24, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum mira, yes bury that madafucker, again an epic ep, pacing is getting faster now.
Jul 26, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2014
Raven had that coming, but drowning in concrete was brutal. Of course Winry is being used against Ed and Al again, nooooo. I guess Kimblee will be the antagonist for the duration of the time that Ed and Al spend in the north?

Also, more mystery to the enigma that is Hohenheim. Looking forwards to learning more about him.
Oct 2, 2015 6:02 PM

Jul 2009
Good to see a bit more of Ed's dad.
That's a nice way to kill someone haha, Mira did a great job.
Kimblee is really smart, decided to bring Winry so he can show the boys that they have the power over them.
Dec 15, 2015 9:36 AM
Nov 2014
Again, great stuff. Raven got destroyed really fast.
Jan 1, 2016 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that keeps it interesting with new twists, the sister of Armstrong is proving to be a woman of steel, who knows what is behind the gallery. Drawings and animations of excellent quality, the story becomes more and more beautiful.
Feb 7, 2016 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Every episode new twists and new interesting things that happen. Mira is so badass, I saw that coming with Raven. But it's good that he's out of the way. Lol when she said "Make the ground really even" :D

Now Kimblee is the main enemy for the the Elric brothers and Mira Armstrong. I didn't expect that Winry would appear. But I'm also sure that it's not a good idea to threaten Ed and Al with Winry as a hostage in front of them.

And of course at the end the thing Mustang and all these information he got even from the old woman with the flowers was perfect. "I think I will buy all of your flowers" :P

PS: Now at the beginning you could finally see which art of person Hohenheim is. Immortal body and then you wish you could get old and die with your family. Omg and the photo where he's crying ;_;

Feb 2, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2016
Olivier cutting down Raven was so satisfying
Loved how Kimblee thought that the Fullmetal Alchemist was Al and everyone pointed their fingers at Ed lol
Mar 11, 2017 12:15 AM

Jul 2015
So Winry's in the North now hey.. I'm a bit confused, so why was she exactly sent up to the North? Like I know she was a hostage the whole time, but like does this mean that Bradley knew that Ed and Al told/were going to tell Olivier the truth? Orrrrrrr

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
Mar 12, 2017 1:50 PM
Jul 2016
Mira is so hot it's just insane. "Ice Queen"? HA!
Jun 21, 2017 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao, Armstrong's soldiers didnt even flinch when she killed Raven ... loved that scene.

Gem said:
So Winry's in the North now hey.. I'm a bit confused, so why was she exactly sent up to the North? Like I know she was a hostage the whole time, but like does this mean that Bradley knew that Ed and Al told/were going to tell Olivier the truth? Orrrrrrr

Probably to show dominance, that Bradley is not afraid to actually do what he promised, killing people close to him if necessary.
Jul 8, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Ed and Al were the cutest little kids, 11/10, would die for them tbh

Also that family portrait :') I'm so curious about Hohenheim!
Aug 3, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2016
Does this show ever get good? It sucks so far
Feb 18, 2018 4:46 AM

Sep 2017
The intro was just so good, it was so deep and made so much sense. I think I shed a tear or two tbh.
The episode wasn't that bad but I still gave it 3 cause it feels really dull to me since they met their uncle or something. The scenario isn't progressing at all, at this point we're just given random conflicting reasons as for why it's supposed to go to shit in the end. I think the show focuses too much on that and not enough on the progression of the story which is a shame...
An entire episode about the Elric's childhood would have been good enough for me, I would have given it a 5/5 instead of a 3.
hellodarknesssFeb 18, 2018 4:49 AM
Mar 14, 2018 12:29 PM

Dec 2009
Olivier is love, Olivier is life

Oh god. Winry is a hostage. Save her Ed!
Jan 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Jun 2015
if they lay ONE finger on winry i will lose my shit
Feb 9, 2019 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
Raven got wrecked and Olivier Armstrong showed to everyone that her men - despite the rules prevailing in her stronghold - are the most important for her.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Apr 5, 2019 4:00 AM

May 2016
Lieutenant General Raven was so careless that he revealed all of Central's dastardly plans and their connection to the Humonculi to everyone in Briggs because of Armstrong vaguely leaning towards a yes. It was very satisfying to see his smug face turn into one full of terror when he realized that not of them were interested in his lofty proposition.

Raven might have been dealt with but Kimblee will be more troublesome to deal with though, bringing in Winry as a living hostage. Pride's made his brutal debut and he's definitely the most violent one among them.

Sep 5, 2019 1:19 PM
Aug 2019
A little bit about hohenheim is shown, still enveloped in mistery

Olivier killing Raven was awesome

The army is using the hostage card against the Elrics
Nov 6, 2019 4:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Armstrong like her brother is so badass, Raven got what he deserved.
Feb 2, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, that Raven bastard just got pwned in the best (or worst in his case) way possible!
Mar 29, 2020 2:52 PM

Feb 2020
BABY ED AND AL ARE SO FREAKING CUTE

still hate hohenheim though. and i wonder what all those names were that he mentioned?

those eyes in the tunnel are seriously nightmare-inducing

olivier killing raven was so badass i lovedddd it

WINRY!! but it has a sour overtone when you know she is being used to blackmail ed and el

nice lil mustang moment, i like his information collecting scenes
May 4, 2020 4:41 PM

Nov 2018
Winry is a cinnamon roll.So kind and naive.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 18, 2020 5:58 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Kimblee just steals every scene he is in. This was a great episode, but I must admit that I like Kimblee's character more than most of the good guys.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 17, 2020 11:19 PM

Aug 2018
Damn raven just got completely owned and everyone acted like nothing happened, I guess thats the reaction you expect from Olivier subordinates.
Nov 12, 2020 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
Fuck Raven, Olivier slaughtered his ass big time and I have to say, it was satisfying to watch. Winry also showed up at Fort Briggs, while sweet she was also a bit gullible too. She played right into Kimblee/the Fuhrer's hands by showing up there, even if she came to help Ed adjust to the automail meant for cold weather and to just meet the both of them. Ed and Al now have an extra major thing to worry about for now, and almost felt like they got handed a reminder by them to know their place or else...
Dec 7, 2020 1:10 AM

Aug 2020
Poor Hohenheim, man needs a hug. Also damn, not gonna lie, Mira's hella savage in this EP xd, killing Raven then command her army to act like nothing happened. I'm lowkey worried about Winry tho.

Jun 30, 2021 7:44 AM

Jun 2021
WINRY TOOK THE BAIT ELRIC BROTHERS ITS TIME YOU SHOULD NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN PROTECT YOUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION YOU LEAKED
Dec 9, 2021 9:55 AM
Nov 2020
All the episodes after this are LIT!
Mar 5, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2021
literally is every side character going to be defined by the same tragic event? it's reached a point where it feels contrived, every character is just a copy and paste. it's like the author used the war events to make every character feel relevant and give relevance to the war themes that aren't even related to Ed and Al getting their bodies back. Kimblee is the only decent character at this point since he actually feels like an independent variable in the story unlike anyone else

This show has terrible villains. Father is genuinely one of the dumbest villains I have ever seen, he sees humans as nothing but at the same time relies on the most retarded military officials, who are chosen just because they're evil and want immortality, to control the government. It's like he's just letting himself get defeated by the good guys who are also stupid at the same time for not seeing how corrupt their government was for centuries

And fucking great, Winry's back in the fucking story. Could this get any worse?
May 30, 2022 10:04 AM
Apr 2022
That's a good episode too
8/10
I think this show is going to be better every episode
Aug 20, 2022 5:09 PM
魔法少ε₯³

Nov 2020
General Armstrong is a badass, and she is one of my new favorite characters.

✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* 𝐼𝒻 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 π“‰π‘’π“π“π“ˆ 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’π“ˆ 𝒢 π“‚π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“€π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’,
π“Œπ‘’π“π“ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž’𝓇𝑒 π“Œπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘”. *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧
πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ
πš—πšŽπš πšœπš•πšŽπšπšπšŽπš›πšœ
Oct 3, 2022 8:05 PM

Mar 2020
Wow, Raven getting sliced up came out of nowhere but he was really pushing it. Got what he asked for. I'm so happy Armstrong did that, what a character she is...
Joe, Joe Forever....
Aug 22, 2023 10:43 PM

Oct 2020
The more we learn about Hoenheim, the more confused I am 
Anyway, it seems like his backstory is going to result in some retro-redemption 
Sep 7, 2023 2:38 AM
Jan 2022
Leave Winry out of this goddamn it
Mar 9, 7:20 AM

Mar 2022
Man what a fantastic episode, I mean I already thought Olivier was a badass as a character, but stabbing Raven with her sword when he thinks he’s got her taking orders and then have him die in concrete? Fricking.Awesome. As.Hell! She’s just that cool of a character, plus he really shouldn’t have pushed it with him being touchy feeling towards Olivier and besides she isn’t that kind of woman anyway so yeah big mistake for him there.

Kimbley is just so sadistic and cunning that he even got Winry roped into this mess, granted Ed could’ve told her about going to the north but at the time I saw the episode I really had thought that Envy had changed into her to fuck with the Elric brothers or something like that. I mean considering Kimbley is ALSO is allied with Envy, a homunculus who could shapeshift into anyone he choses and could’ve have CHANGED into Winry to infiltrate the northern base, it’ve could’ve easily gone south but no it is the real Winry. Maybe a case of me overthinking things at the time? Yes. But was it a logical and reasonable fear to think this? I think so anyway.

Seeing Roy at the end was a neat, he does look dapper in the outfit for this episode doesn’t he? Nice little flashback for Hohenheim as well he’s not really a bad guy but he also doesn’t want his children to get harmed so there may or may not be a redemption on his part there in the near future so I’m keeping my eyes peeled.

Again awesome stuff, awesome stuff.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.