Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2015 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
Is there any shounen anime out there with at least one male gay character in it who isn't an offensive stereotype, and who doesn't die?
Sep 13, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
Samurai Flamenco
Sep 13, 2015 3:46 PM

Nov 2014
Owari no Seraph.
Sep 13, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
that blue hair guy who has a crush on sensui in yyh

edit: since this thread became 20% more serious, here is a link
http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Itsuki
romagiaSep 13, 2015 3:57 PM
Sep 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
Moved & Cleaned: I believe OP was asking for a Recommendation. Also keep the bait posts to yourselves people.
Sep 13, 2015 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
I am indeed looking for a recommendation. Pretty saddened though that the recommendations I've gotten so far does not seem to be available on DVD anywhere. :'(
Sep 13, 2015 3:56 PM

Jul 2015
Akame Ga kill? Bulat? Maybe? lol
Sep 13, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
kenpaii said:

Could I please get specifics about those supposedly male gay characters in those two shows?
Sep 13, 2015 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
KurvosVicky said:
kenpaii said:

Could I please get specifics about those supposedly male gay characters in those two shows?
http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/Bulat
it's just one character yoink
Sep 13, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2015
I havent watched it, but HunterxHunter 2011 i believe is at least semi Yaoi from what i have read a dozen times or so.
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Sep 13, 2015 4:02 PM

Sep 2015
romagia said:
KurvosVicky said:

Hmmm... not entirely sure the anime would be something for me - but I really do appreciate your answer to my question. Thanks either way. ^^
Sep 13, 2015 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
Mirai Nikki

Spoiler:
Sep 13, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
Dawnslicer said:
I havent watched it, but HunterxHunter 2011 i believe is at least semi Yaoi from what i have read a dozen times or so.

nah, it's just a creepy old guy who has a thing for little boys :P

kenpaii said:

he kinda fits the stereotype tho
Sep 13, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
Akame ga Kill, Bulat. But he

clickable▲
Sep 13, 2015 4:05 PM

Feb 2013
KurvosVicky said:
romagia said:

Hmmm... not entirely sure the anime would be something for me - but I really do appreciate your answer to my question. Thanks either way. ^^
AgK is pretty much what i have in mind when i hear Shounen anime .. is it not a fighting-centered shounen you had in mind or what's the problem with AgK?

if you want just the gay characters, there are better choices in shoujo and josei
Sep 13, 2015 4:06 PM

Sep 2015
Red_Keys said:
Mirai Nikki

Spoiler:

Seems like a strangely weird anime... but, I might give it a peek sometime. Thanks. XD
Sep 13, 2015 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
romagia said:
KurvosVicky said:

AgK is pretty much what i have in mind when i hear Shounen anime .. is it not a fighting-centered shounen you had in mind or what's the problem with AgK?

if you want just the gay characters, there are better choices in shoujo and josei

I just don't know if there is any male gay character in Akame Ga Kill. :/ You seemed to imply there was only a gay character in Bulat, but not in Akame Ga Kill? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

*Edit*
Oh, wait... I looked it up now - Bulat is a character IN Akame Ga Kill. XD Sorry. LOL
Sep 13, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
KurvosVicky said:
romagia said:

I just don't know if there is any male gay character in Akame Ga Kill. :/ You seemed to imply there was only a gay character in Bulat, but not in Akame Ga Kill? Sorry if I've misunderstood.
reeeeeeee
bulat is the name of a gay character in akame ga kill
tho his sexuality doesn't play a big part in his/the story
Sep 13, 2015 4:10 PM

Sep 2012
KurvosVicky said:
Bulat is the name of a character. The anime is Akame Ga Kill.
Sep 13, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2015
romagia said:
reeeeeeee
bulat is the name of a gay character in akame ga kill
tho his sexuality doesn't play a big part in his/the story

XD Yeah, sorry about the confusion there, I didn't understand. LOL But... does he get a boyfriend or something?
Sep 13, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Oh, I forgot about No. 6.
Sep 13, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
that's a shoujo
and also one of the main problems of OP limiting the search only to shounen anime..
Sep 13, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2015
Red_Keys said:

The question is, does this really count as a "shounen anime"? I might be gay and want a male gay character in an anime I watch - but I also love action, and I love seeing characters fight one another and stuff. ^^'

romagia said:
Red_Keys said:
that's a shoujo
and also one of the main problems of OP limiting the search only to shounen anime..

... I'm sorry, it's just that shounen animes is my cup of tea. ; ^ ; I mean... is it really too much to ask for to get proper gay acceptance in a fight-oriented anime? :(

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MasterTengkorakSep 14, 2015 5:30 PM
Sep 13, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2012
KurvosVicky said:
Red_Keys said:

The question is, does this really count as a "shounen anime"? I might be gay and want a male gay character in an anime I watch - but I also love action, and I love seeing characters fight one another and stuff. ^^'
It's an action show.

Shounen ≠ action.

If you want action, then specify "action". Because that's what action is.

All "shounen" really means, is what magazine the manga was published in. It has nothing to do with action.
Sep 13, 2015 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
KurvosVicky said:
Red_Keys said:

You know that there are shoujo/josei with action and gay guys?
Sep 13, 2015 4:21 PM

Sep 2015
[quo
Red_Keys said:
KurvosVicky said:

It's an action show.

Shounen ≠ action.

If you want action, then specify "action". Because that's what action is.

All "shounen" really means, is what magazine the manga was published in. It has nothing to do with action.
mayukachan said:
KurvosVicky said:

You know that there are shoujo/josei with action and gay guys?

Q//^//Q; Oh god, I'm so stupid... I didn't know. >_<; I just thought shounen meant all boy animes, therefor those more action-oriented... damn, now I know I've asked the wrong question. I'm so very very sorry...
Sep 13, 2015 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
yah, i think you might be better off if you just do a MAL search for Shounen Ai/Yaoi + Action genres, though most of them are ova

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8449/Togainu_no_Chi
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3656/Monochrome_Factor
http://myanimelist.net/anime/719/Ai_no_Kusabi
Sep 13, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2015
KurvosVicky said:
. damn, now I know I've asked the wrong question. I'm so very very sorry...

Yaoi is also manxman, Yuri is FemalexFemale, so you can use that term instead of "Gay" if you want to specify.
Sep 13, 2015 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
romagia said:
yah, i think you might be better off if you just do a MAL search for Shounen Ai/Yaoi + Action genres, though most of them are ova

Oh, thanks. ^^ Though... it's so weird I need to look for more grounded-in-realism stuff to find anything with any male gay character in it. No fantasy-esque stuff like Naruto or One Piece or Dragonball... :/
Sep 13, 2015 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
Dawnslicer said:
KurvosVicky said:
. damn, now I know I've asked the wrong question. I'm so very very sorry...

Yaoi is also manxman, Yuri is FemalexFemale, so you can use that term instead of "Gay" if you want to specify.

That is NOT what I am looking for. Yaoi has nothing but gay in it - and ALWAYS pairs up a short effeminate petite androgynous girly submissive guy with a tall masculine strong manly dominant guy.

I just want some gay acceptance in something else. Like how Haku was in Naruto... almost. But not only was he depicted as a demented villain,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MasterTengkorakSep 14, 2015 5:24 PM
Sep 13, 2015 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
KurvosVicky said:
romagia said:

Oh, thanks. ^^ Though... it's so weird I need to look for more grounded-in-realism stuff to find anything with any male gay character in it. No fantasy-esque stuff like Naruto or One Piece or Dragonball... :/
eh, going with the synopsis, i wouldn't say that Ai no Kusabi and Monochrome Factor are really that grounded in realism

there's also many shounen series which are more popular with the girls because of bishounen main cast, though i don't think any of them have canon gay characters
like kuroko no basuke, get backers, hitman reborn, haikyuu..
but somehow i feel you should already know that
Sep 13, 2015 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Also, Ai no Kusabi is a nice series. It's a sci-fi dystopia which means it's not realistic but it definitely isn't fantasy or magic crap. It's also not stereotypical.

That is NOT what I am looking for. Yaoi has nothing but gay in it - and ALWAYS pairs up a short effeminate petite androgynous girly submissive guy with a tall masculine strong manly dominant guy.

I don't think you're looking hard enough. There are plenty of series with more realistic pairings, not the typical girly submissive uke with the hunky uke.
Sep 13, 2015 4:33 PM

Jan 2015
KurvosVicky said:
Dawnslicer said:

I just want some gay acceptance in something else. Like how Haku was in Naruto... almost. But not only was he depicted as a demented villain,

Haku wasnt gay at all. You are generalizing an entire genre, never do that. Yaoi can be a subfocus in the anime, doesnt mean the entire anime is focusing on romance. Neither does it even mean romance really.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting. Modified quote of edited post.
MasterTengkorakSep 14, 2015 5:25 PM
Sep 13, 2015 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
i haven't watched the series, but haku and zabuza look like they fit the "short effeminate petite androgynous girly submissive guy with a tall masculine strong manly dominant guy" description to a t
Sep 13, 2015 4:44 PM

Jan 2015
romagia said:
i haven't watched the series, but haku and zabuza look like they fit the "short effeminate petite androgynous girly submissive guy with a tall masculine strong manly dominant guy" description to a t

Seen the those particular episodes like 6+ times, there is no hint of romance in that shit. Thats like saying naruto and kakashi are gay.

Yep definitely gay~
Sep 13, 2015 6:07 PM

Sep 2015
Someone on Omegle now claimed the anime Fairy Tail has male gay characters in it. Is this true?
Sep 14, 2015 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
KurvosVicky said:
Someone on Omegle now claimed the anime Fairy Tail has male gay characters in it. Is this true?

I only remember character "Gray" (male) stripping every time. But I don't remember any gay characters. Someone confirm pl0x.

And I'd recommend 07-Ghost.
Sep 14, 2015 5:42 AM

Sep 2015
Sw0rdless said:
KurvosVicky said:

I only remember character "Gray" (male) stripping every time. But I don't remember any gay characters. Someone confirm pl0x.

And I'd recommend 07-Ghost.

Ayane Justine is apparently clearly hinted at being gay - heard he even got turned on seeing three male characters naked on a 3D display in the manga.

Though, while I appreciate your recommendations - it appears neither of those are possible to find on DVD. :/
Sep 14, 2015 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
Why don't you watch online? o:
Sep 14, 2015 5:45 AM

Sep 2015
Sw0rdless said:
Why don't you watch online? o:

I find that to be a bit of an unfair question... but if you really need to know - I'm a collector. And I value owning hardware copies of something - makes me know for certain I'll always have it. And there's simply just something special for me to own physical copies - it's a thing with us collectors, I guess.
Sep 14, 2015 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, I see. I guess it really is hard to find anime on DVD. Why don't you torrent and then transfer to DVD? o_o
Sep 14, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2015
Sw0rdless said:
Ah, I see. I guess it really is hard to find anime on DVD. Why don't you torrent and then transfer to DVD? o_o

Again, I'm a collector. I want official proper copies of it. Not the least because I want to show my support to the creators and give them my money, but also because you can get versions of things on real DVD you can't get by transferring. Half the beauty with it is to see what package they use to store the DVDs in.

... why do I need to justify myself about this so much anyway? :/
Dec 24, 2015 11:30 PM
Dec 2015
Get Backers is a rather mainstream shounen anime, with some gay characters.
Dec 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Apr 2015
Shinji's at least bi-curious, if not bisexual in Evangelion. That entire Kaworu episode was Anno making it VERY clear.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 25, 2015 8:43 AM

Aug 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion or Owari no Seraph

More topics from this board

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 55 minutes ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
55 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

3 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
1 hour ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
1 hour ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.