Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 11, 2015 9:49 PM

May 2013
Ok. So the first episode hinted about Iris and Nagisa(someone tell me whats his real name) and then the latter and this one literally killed me. Sorry guys, I just felt that Mizuki and Nagisa was more of a potential couple and ok I'm speechless, idk what to say!

Lets side off the romance subplot and the upcoming love triangle (i pressume) because dat cliffhanger ughhhh. Fake Nagisa was kinda off in this episode because of what happened and so his two main objectives is: Revenge at Kiryu family and protecting Real Nagisa? But the wanting of power was the reason why he failed.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 11, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
I really, really hate this show
Sep 11, 2015 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
I don't mind the Nagisa x Mizuki ship per say, but I thought that kiss scene sucked.

Mizuki already admitted her feelings towards Nagisa, but he's shown zero progress on his end at all. Then after a cry fest he literally comes out of nowhere for a make out session.

Also don't understand why Iris ran away. Was she that devastated that Mizuki doesn't love her romantically? That shit made no sense seeing as how it was right after she talked to confidently to Hattori.

So Kazuhisa has the upper hand right now, but he doesn't have as many trump cards as he thinks. He says 5, but there are actually 6, and he only has 3 of them: minister of trade, minister of defense, and Jason Li. Meanwhile Kaito will never side with him, Nagisa secretly wont either, and the 6th that neither him nor Kazuhisa know about is Iris actually being Nagisa Shinamiya.

Kazuhisa admitted his father stole everything belonging to the Shinamiya family: money, power, influences, etc. All things that legally belong to Iris. Once she comes forth, it'll gouge the Kiryu family hard. Crippling them to the point where Nagisa's plan will have the advantage.

That stabbing at the end. So fucking unnecessary. The politics finally reach a point where they were interesting enough to see where the went, and then they throw a psychopath brother who was supposed to be in some back woods shit hole out of the blue...who somehow also knew where and when Nagisa would be. This out of left field shit was just unneeded.
Sep 11, 2015 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Really liked this episode, although it kept all sort of plot twists like the previous one... I wish I could go back to when things were fairly more uncomplicated

I'm not sure I like the direction the plot took

But oh well, on to sweeter things... DAT KISS

I totally shipped Mizuki x Nagisa since some episodes ago, I think they complement each other very well and Mizuki admitted she had feelings for him last week.
I just wasn't expecting such an all out confession/kiss scene. It was great, unforgettable, reminded me of why this is my favorite anime of the season.
Iris and her brother even saw them, and I just wasn't expecting Nagisa and Kaito to become so understanding towards each other. Btw mixed feelings for poor Iris

And obviously Classroom Crisis couldn't end this episode just like that, out of the blue comes crazed Yuji and stabs Nagisa who was finally going to try and redeem himself NOOO!! ! !

Great episode, again
Sep 11, 2015 11:51 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jonesy974 said:
I don't mind the Nagisa x Mizuki ship per say, but I thought that kiss scene sucked.

Mizuki already admitted her feelings towards Nagisa, but he's shown zero progress on his end at all. Then after a cry fest he literally comes out of nowhere for a make out session.

Also don't understand why Iris ran away. Was she that devastated that Mizuki doesn't love her romantically? That shit made no sense seeing as how it was right after she talked to confidently to Hattori.

So Kazuhisa has the upper hand right now, but he doesn't have as many trump cards as he thinks. He says 5, but there are actually 6, and he only has 3 of them: minister of trade, minister of defense, and Jason Li. Meanwhile Kaito will never side with him, Nagisa secretly wont either, and the 6th that neither him nor Kazuhisa know about is Iris actually being Nagisa Shinamiya.

Kazuhisa admitted his father stole everything belonging to the Shinamiya family: money, power, influences, etc. All things that legally belong to Iris. Once she comes forth, it'll gouge the Kiryu family hard. Crippling them to the point where Nagisa's plan will have the advantage.

That stabbing at the end. So fucking unnecessary. The politics finally reach a point where they were interesting enough to see where the went, and then they throw a psychopath brother who was supposed to be in some back woods shit hole out of the blue...who somehow also knew where and when Nagisa would be. This out of left field shit was just unneeded.
>Gave the cold shoulder to almost everyone yet he always let his guard down around Mizuki because she is the only one that actually understands him and sees through him very easily

>Spent the most time with her (and Iris) out of everyone in A-TEC save for Sera....Dude bonded with her, she helped him out when he really needed it, he saw her naked and even made a date with her at one point

>Guy's entire plans to not only overthrow his brothers but to avenge the Shinomiya's whom he's devoted his life to as well as his childhood friend Iris and last but not least, to save A-TEC (A group of individuals that he's gradually learned to call his family/friends as well as his crush and rival) all goes down the drain

>Gets betrayed by everyone who he thought was on his side, finds out that everything he did until now was a complete and utter waste of time considering that his secret was known by his older brother from the get go and for the first time since he began to rise, suffered TOTAL DEFEAT

Yup, that kiss and emotional breakdown totally came out of nowhere derp
TokoyaSep 11, 2015 11:55 PM
Sep 11, 2015 11:57 PM
Sep 2015
I know the plot writer Maruto Fumiaki 丸戸史明 pretty much since White Album 2 ~Closing Chapter~ as a visual novel, with an incredible score of 95/100 at ErogameScape -エロゲー批評空間-. Hes really good at writing complicated relationship.
In the words of my country, Iris is experiencing double NTR, both Mizuki and Nagisa in this episode wwwww
Sep 12, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
PointySeat said:

And yet, you're still here? wut.
Sep 12, 2015 12:15 AM
Sep 2015
SandyBoi said:
PointySeat said:

And yet, you're still here? wut.

And hes still watching the newest episode, probably masochistic or tsundere.
Sep 12, 2015 12:39 AM

Jan 2011
Metal Gear?

Christ, this is one of the worst shoehorned romances I've ever seen.
Sep 12, 2015 12:49 AM

Feb 2015
OH. MY. GOD.
First no ending or opening song (unexpected af since its not the last episode yet)
Then last-minute, frustrating, unexpected triangle (fake Nagisa+real Nagisa+Ms. best friend). WAAAAAAA?????????????
That KISS (WTF did not expect that piece of romance AT ALL)
That protective-brother and boyfriend alliance (not so shocking compared to the others but still UM WAT)
Then the stabbing???!!!!!!!!
This last episode (assuming it's 12 episodes) better be really, really, really good to wrap up all this crap. Because if they don't do some justice at least to Iris, who has been at best supporting character this entire anime but turn out to be in fact, THE main character, imma be really disappointed. It's already bad enough that she has her memories recovered this late into the story and have her love and deep friendship with fake Nagisa reignited within her just as her best friend told her about having a crush. then seeing that kissing scene? Ugghhhh I feel more terrible for Iris than anything. At this point, whether A-TECH gets disbanded or not really doesn't matter to me anymore. All I really care about is Iris and how they're going to develop her characteristics and relationships.
ririchiyomikaSep 12, 2015 12:54 AM

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Sep 12, 2015 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
It's not that I dislike the OTP, I just don't think they've had a lot of development thus far. Certainly not enough to justify the hug and the kiss, but I guess we're not in Japan anymore so it's ok. So is Iris more upset over Nagisa kissing Mizuki, or Mizuki kissing Nagisa? She seems to have feelings for both.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 12, 2015 1:00 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
>Gave the cold shoulder to almost everyone yet he always let his guard down around Mizuki because she is the only one that actually understands him and sees through him very easily

>Spent the most time with her (and Iris) out of everyone in A-TEC save for Sera....Dude bonded with her, she helped him out when he really needed it, he saw her naked and even made a date with her at one point

>Guy's entire plans to not only overthrow his brothers but to avenge the Shinomiya's whom he's devoted his life to as well as his childhood friend Iris and last but not least, to save A-TEC (A group of individuals that he's gradually learned to call his family/friends as well as his crush and rival) all goes down the drain

>Gets betrayed by everyone who he thought was on his side, finds out that everything he did until now was a complete and utter waste of time considering that his secret was known by his older brother from the get go and for the first time since he began to rise, suffered TOTAL DEFEAT

I agree with you 210% on all points

On a sidenote: Why is this anime listed as a 6.5? It should be higher like around 7.75 to an 8
Sep 12, 2015 1:20 AM
Jan 2010
On a sidenote: Why is this anime listed as a 6.5? It should be higher like around 7.75 to an 8

I'd say it's people and their lack of conviction. It's also easier to drop a series than to find diamonds in the rough.
Sep 12, 2015 1:30 AM

Oct 2011
Best episode of the show! That kiss... That punch... And that stab.

Yuuji... I hope you die in a very slow and painful way. Never hated a character so much since Kyubey.

ElectricRed said:
Why is this anime listed as a 6.5? It should be higher like around 7.75 to an 8

+1.
Sep 12, 2015 2:52 AM

Dec 2011
Whoa, this episode was just....

Kazuhisa was not exactly your typical bad guy, that's a bit refreshing to see.

Have to admit I didn't expect the kiss would happen at all, but it did and the scene was handled pretty well, good job on that. Iris' reaction though....

The ending.... had a feeling that Yuji would show up again at some point, but bloody hell, not expecting this.
Sep 12, 2015 3:11 AM
Jun 2008
Kuro_Yuuki said:

Suprisingly, Kuzuhisa is a surprisingly chill, down to earth, and realistic guy, and he's absolutely right when he says that his job as the CEO is to the company's shareholders first and foremost. I understand where he's coming from. At least from a business standpoint. I understand why "Nagisa" hated Yuji so much, but now I'm wondering why all the animosity towards Kazuhisa. In terms of character/personality, he's the exact opposite of Yuji.

considering the shirasaki family was butchered by the kiryuus and his grandfather was gunned down and fake nagisa watched him die do you really have to ask this?

if the kiryuus murdered your entire family would you be cool with one of them because hes pretty chill? I doubt it.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Sep 12, 2015 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful. Just beautiful. All the backstabbing and politicking comes to naught because Kuzuhisa is just way too smart for Nagisa. I loved his moment of weakness that led to him finally falling to Mizuki's charms, though I'm still confused as to whether Iris has a thing for him or for Mizuki.....?

Oh and that ending was fabulous. As someone mentioned, it did remind me of the second last episode of SAO. Yuji's ugly face.... I can't wait to see him get chased by cops like the felon he is.

catullus said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:

Suprisingly, Kuzuhisa is a surprisingly chill, down to earth, and realistic guy, and he's absolutely right when he says that his job as the CEO is to the company's shareholders first and foremost. I understand where he's coming from. At least from a business standpoint. I understand why "Nagisa" hated Yuji so much, but now I'm wondering why all the animosity towards Kazuhisa. In terms of character/personality, he's the exact opposite of Yuji.

considering the shirasaki family was butchered by the kiryuus and his grandfather was gunned down and fake nagisa watched him die do you really have to ask this?

if the kiryuus murdered your entire family would you be cool with one of them because hes pretty chill? I doubt it.

You do know that all the murders and butchering was performed by Kuzuhisa's father, no? So are you saying that it's well and proper to persecute the son for the sins of his father?
Sure he may be a cutthroat businessman and CEO, but thus far everything he's been doing has been above-board, even the decision to switch to production of military machinery was basically due to the change in market environment and with an outlook on the future of the Corporation as a whole. I may not agree with the creation of instruments of war, but then again I'm not some hotshot CEO of an Multi-Planetary Corporation that caters first and foremost to his BoD and his staff.

Sometimes you just have to be the man who makes unpopular public decisions for the good of the rest of the people you are working for. That's what it means to be a leader and a figurehead. That doesn't mean he has an obligation to pay for the deeds his father did though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 12, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2014
WAT (゚(゚(゚(゚Д゚)!?
Stabbed in the back, what will happen to Nagisa now D:

It's fortunate though that both Nagisa and Kaito rejected the offer.. but what will happen to Iris now.. she is clearly devastated in the last scene she appeared in.
Sep 12, 2015 5:17 AM

Oct 2009
CandyFace said:
but what will happen to Iris now.. she is clearly devastated in the last scene she appeared in.

Yes, she's really devastated....I'm worried about her now.... :(
Sep 12, 2015 7:41 AM

May 2009
ririchiyomika said:
That KISS (WTF did not expect that piece of romance AT ALL)

But last week Iris asked Mizuki if she loves him and she admitted it.
Sep 12, 2015 7:42 AM
Dec 2012
really love Mizuki and Nagisa pairing together, so sweet finall they are together~ but why suddenly Yuji came out and stab him(hope that he is okay).
Hope that they will give us a happy end at the end if not it will be a waste ~ the story is very interesting and unique in it's own way though the first impression is normal and nothing flashy or anything but keep making me anticipate it to come out every week This is definitely one of my favorite anime for this season.
Sep 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
what's up with Iris running away?
Sep 12, 2015 8:15 AM
Aug 2015
What is interesting here are the immature fans disgruntled opinions: oh I want the relationship to between Iris and Nagisa(no idea what his real name is). Where in this entire plot besides the revelations of the last episode and this episode have you seen any sort of romantic relationship building between Iris and Nagisa? For the most part she has shown absolutely no emotion, and for the most part until the last 2 episodes I was wondering why there was a whole focus on her crashing ships and her appearance in episodes at all. Mizuki always went to Nagisa to communicate and was always listening to him and teasing, and just in general really forming a bond. Her personality was endearing and engaging, Iris had more of an empty personality the entire time. To be honest, it sounds like they just recently created her purpose. Mizuki is the kind of woman real men want to be with, iris the kind boys who want to dominate because they lack testosterone levels.
Sep 12, 2015 8:47 AM
Apr 2015
The fact that Classroom Crisis has a rating of around 6.5 is sad. Despite the flaws it's story is far more original than almost all the airing anime.
Sep 12, 2015 8:55 AM
Aug 2014
kiss scene; yes
metal gear; fuck yeah
joining forces; it's about time
cliffhange; hell no why, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 12, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
WTF NO KISS SCENE NO! NO! NO!!!!
And what the hell Nagisa gets stabbed too?!
I can't take dis

Sep 12, 2015 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
My ship has officially sailed TwT they're so sweet together. The interaction between Nagisa and Kaito was great as well (I laughed at that punch).

As to why Iris ran off in her last scene, I think it's because she hasn't told Mizuki about the truth (that she has recovered part/most of her lost memories) involving Nagisa, and she's afraid it will affect Mizuki's newly-established romantic relationship with Nagisa (as evidenced by the kiss scene). I'd be very disappointed if she was NTR-ed by either Mizuki or Nagisa, but it seems unlikely since she cares deeply for Mizuki (in a platonic way) and has shown little chemistry or attraction towards Nagisa. Perhaps gratitude for his 'sacrifice' in becoming her sub, but nothing more.

Another cliffhanger, another long, painful week...
Sep 12, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
No worries about the score. I'm sure after the series is completed it'll jump to at least ~7.3

It deserves higher ofc but after the scores get filtered it'll be better
Sep 12, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Wow that was a awesome episode. For the first time, Nagisa let his feelings going out. Mizuki x Nagisa scene was incredibly well done, I was stunned during it. Her smile, his smile and that kiss, beautiful.
Bastard brother stabbed Nagisa ... I didn't expect that.
Sep 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, They just got together and the moment they do ... He is going to be hospitalized ....
Sep 12, 2015 11:55 AM
Oct 2013
The anime began with a slow pace, and people who started it seeing its cover would expect it to be either a slice-of-life-near-future-sci-fi or comedy, ends up it's a series about the fight within the politics, which requires brain activities to understand the plot. Don't get me wrong, sometimes people really need animes that require no brain cells, just have fun and realx. When they have such expectations they are going to rate it low once they see such serious tone.

I would say most teenage audience aren't going to enjoy this series, and may as well drop it early.

And WTF romance? Why? It was not slightly presented until last episode, and it was unnecessary. Don't get it.
Sep 12, 2015 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
Everyone already summed it up, amazing kiss scene, Nagisa gets stabbed and the episode ends. Crazy cliffhanger.
Sep 12, 2015 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Irenesharda said:
singleturbo said:
Could someone explain why there is/was such a big push to close the division (A-Tech) they are laundering money from?

Two reasons really. They needed the money to fund their new military weapons project, and two, they needed Kaito to join, and by dissolving A-Tech, he could go to that new project.

But that is the reason they are laundering the money. They should need A-Tech to be around to keep on skimming money in secret at least until the real plans are revealed. Otherwise they could have just said "we are shutting down AT to fund weapon development" outright. The professor guy wants Kaito sure, but doesn't really require shutting down A-Tech as company can move him if they want, they don't need to shut down a division to move him. If you consider dissolving AT would be the only way to get him to do a different job within the company, it probably would have been better just to use A-Tech's work on engines in their weapons which was the whole point of AT anyway (cutting edge research that could be eventually be used in the company's other businesses).
Sep 13, 2015 3:04 AM

Sep 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt slow imo...

Mostly, first half concentrated on Iris' recovery at the hospital. Glad to see she is doing better though.
The latter half dealt with the more tension with Nagisa's struggle. What I found this episode kinda interesting is still the aftermath of Nagisa's reaction to the revelation.

Mizuki's reactions was even more priceless lol
I sense a closer connection between the two now especially with the embrace and..whoa...

That ending though...ugh, stabbed.

Exactly that scene! It was done so well I had to watch it a few more times with all the fluttery feelings!
Sep 13, 2015 3:08 AM

Sep 2013
I was feeling all the cheeziness and romance with Nagisa x Mizuki. Then at the end, boom, stabbed! What-the-hell. *Flips table*
Sep 13, 2015 8:52 AM
May 2015
What a beautiful episode. I was so caught up in the moment between Nagisa and Mizuki that I almost cried. That was such a natural romantic development between the two of them and I couldn't be more impressed.

I am not impressed with THAT CLIFFHANGER THO ;___:
Sep 13, 2015 9:18 AM

Mar 2015
I'm glad that I continue watching this show since I stopped a month ago.
And now,I think MAL should count rating score from only who've watched the last airing episode.

The romance sub-plot was okay for me. Although, It turned out to be what I've imagined.
KotobakayaroSep 13, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 13, 2015 10:04 AM
Sep 2015
I like the episode a lot... SINCERELY... However, I really like Iris and Nagisa together... Sorry Mizuki
Sep 13, 2015 10:11 AM
Mar 2013
wow this show just keeps growing
Sep 13, 2015 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
Gross.

Sep 13, 2015 10:23 PM

Feb 2012
So many things happening, I wanna know what will happen next.
Loving this anime <3
Sep 13, 2015 10:42 PM

Jan 2011
Yo their building a army of Metal Gears!
Sep 14, 2015 7:44 AM

Jul 2014
katsu044 said:
Yo their building a army of Metal Gears!

ZEKE Everywhere :D
Temera1reSep 14, 2015 7:47 AM
Sep 14, 2015 11:00 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode. The reveal with the CEO was so good, especially as it turned out he wasn't just a generic bad guy.
Sep 14, 2015 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, he got stabbed!!!

lejon_brames said:
Great episode. The reveal with the CEO was so good, especially as it turned out he wasn't just a generic bad guy.
Sep 15, 2015 12:06 AM
Mar 2012
Wow, 2 very intense episodes. No OP/ED, seems they might rush to finish in 13 episodes, but there's so much politics & 2 years till Mech Warriors how'd they wrap up.
Beautiful hug & kiss, though it'd be nicer if Nagisa developed more feelings for Mizuki beforehand.
We got 3 families involved, Shinomiya's stolen inheritance, faker from Shirasaki, Iris the lone heir with ptsd survived 3 crashes so far, messed up Kiryuu family, CEO bro who's hard to defy with his smart maneuvers and sensible ideology of serving the company's best interests, Dr. Li possible mad scientist, and GiantKillingMechs.
Sep 15, 2015 7:03 AM

Jul 2014
While everyone blows their load over this episode let me say this.

I have enjoyed this show a bit more since episode nine and then the show screwed up on two levels:

1) Pushed a romance between two characters who have built up practically no on screen chemistry and

2) Played the 'crazy revenge seeking lunatic card' with his brother

I was enjoying how grounded the show was becoming with its political elements and then SMASH THE DRAMA BUTTON BOYS.
Sep 15, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
Tozzy said:

1) Pushed a romance between two characters who have built up practically no on screen chemistry and

Tokoya said:
Jonesy974 said:
Mizuki already admitted her feelings towards Nagisa, but he's shown zero progress on his end at all. Then after a cry fest he literally comes out of nowhere for a make out session.......

^^

Tozzy said:
2) Played the 'crazy revenge seeking lunatic card' with his brother

Yep, the stab(?) was a bit unnecessary. However a little of tension isn't that bad, but if Nagisa dies, this will be a complete bullshit. Hope next episode isn't full of drama.
Temera1reSep 15, 2015 1:23 PM
Sep 15, 2015 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
Topgunnah said:
Best episode so far to me. The quality really increased over the episodes
Akichi said:
I can't believe this show is rated a 6.5. Probably because of the slow start... but the second half of this anime has been stellar.

The politics, the power games, the romance, the plot twists! I love it. Sleeper hit of the season. I feel sorry for anyone that dropped this.

My thoughts exactly

Yesyesyes. I can't believe I almost dropped this?! It's definitely got a lot better the past few eps as they dropped the cheesy cliche humour.

IheartC2 said:
that was a real nice romance scene. It was quite authentic without the blushes

Yes! Although if they do the awkward blushing in the next episode I'd be super sad and disappointed ):

This show actually does some things surprisingly well, and it gives some Samurai Flamenco vibes with the twists. But still not quite enough for me to pull my score up from a 7 but eh...
Sep 15, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
Temera1re said:

I don't disagree with those two points but there hasn't been enough time spent developing these two ideas to justify a kiss scene. The romance doesn't feel natural, it feels like it has to be there just to add another element to the story.

His breakdown? Absolutely justified.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

136 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

64 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 7, 2023 8:09 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

58 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Nov 10, 2021 2:15 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

36 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Nov 2, 2021 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.