Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2015
Before i start, this is not a discussion about whether she'd be alive or not

So many ppl are discussing whether Monet could be relevant in the future, whether she would show up again, if she would join the SH crew and stuff like that, so i made a new topic about her so we can discuss it all together (for the ones who like to do so ofc).

So personally, i think she will probably show up again sooner or later, but there is not enough info. Also, i'm searching for a reason why she would possibly join the SH pirates. so here are the things i got:

First of all, let's start with the fact that we know she is into Astronomy. Does that mean she WILL join because of that? Ofc not, if that were true, every prince, princes and pretty much every character would be a SH now.

Secondly, some people believe she is related to a possible next sky island, called 'Laputa' (a legendary flying island from the books of Gullivar's Travels). The previous sky island Skypea was based on another legend called 'El Dorado' or whatever it's spelled, sorry if it's wrong for the haters. The people started to think about that because Capone, another supernova, was seen being pulled towards a sky island, probably due to a high magnetic force. Laputa was an island who could be moved into any direction, using magnetic levitation. Considering Laputa was also kind of an astronomer's island according to 'Gullivar's Travels', it's not that hard to believe this all imo. for the ones interested in more details about it, here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJKqcqctCA

Last but not least, something i came up with myself: she was seen without feathers and with her normal legs in chapter 666 in a flashback right when Law first entered Punk Hazard.

In chapter 664 we see her needing to use her feathers to write and all, so to all the ones who think she can switch between arms and feathers, think about that chapter for a moment.

So, Law did surgery on all those guys who had lost limbs and stuff, long story short, it was all with a reason. However, we STILL know nothing about why Monet has feathers and new legs, did she want to have them or did she have an accident or whatever? I thought about that for a moment and then i came up with something. She knew Mingo was a psycho and stuff as that she'd get killed if she let something happen to Ceasar like here:

So for all the ones who say that she didn't knew Mingo was a psycho, this image proves you wrong. However, it was the reason i found an idea about her, which is that maybe, she knew this thanks to a previous error she made with Ceasar. Obviously Mingo would be furious, just like with Bellamy and not immediately kill her, but punish her at least. Couldn't it be that Monet lost her limbs to Mingo in his fury against her in this case? this would give us a reason as of why she had feathers and bird legs. The other side is that this would also make her fear Mingo so much that she'd obey him until her death, unless he were somehow defeated, which he just was.

So this is what i got about her and thought about her, I think that she COULD join the SH pirates if there was something that happened to her like in the last paragraph. There HAS to be a reason why she had surgery from Law, Oda never gave us a reason for it and that's not like him, so I hope he'll give us info about that soon through Law now that Mingo is out of his mind. It just doesn't seem right for Monet to suddenly have new limbs without any reason, unlike all the guys around there who needed it.
HiroyuukiSep 10, 2015 6:17 AM
Sep 10, 2015 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
Oh and for the ones feeling like she's too bad a person to ever be able to join the SH crew or even befriend the SH crew, think about all the other examples and as of whether she really is that bad or not. just give this a thought:

She knew she had to obey orders from Mingo and that he doesn't accept failures (at least not without any severe punishment), so she indeed drugged those kids in Punk Hazard. People immediately think she's a bad PERSON cuz of that, imo that's untrue. She had to do this in order to survive. The closest person you could relate this to is Law, he was there too, however, even he didn't defy Mingo and didn't go against him there, at least not until Luffy finally showed up (which was his plan anyway). Does that make Law a bad PERSON, for not stopping the activities in Punk Hazard? It's the same for Monet, really. Except that Law knew of a way to get rid of that monster, while Monet didn't even know anything or anyone like Luffy who would make it possible to get out of that tyranny.

I agree that they both did some bad THINGS, but that doesn't make a person himself bad, let's face it, everyone did bad things at least once. If you consider Law as a decent or a good person, why wouldn't you consider Monet to be one from all that we know about up to now?

For the ones who don't like the Law comparisson: take the octopus guy for example from Arlong Park and Archipelago, he has done bad things and was being manipulated by Arlong, that didn't stop Luffy to see that his heart was good/that he was a good PERSON and befriending him, even so much that he beated the crap out of the nobles together with his crew (and Rayleigh by coincidence), not that he really knows what it means to be a noble or anything, even now i bet, but that's just the point, he defends anyone he likes, against anyone.

As for examples of bad PERSONS (with twisted minds btw in the series, seems like most of the bad persons in the series are twisted anyway) in the series, take these in consideration: Crocodile, Joker, Arlong, Hody (arguably), BB, Akainu (not cuz he killed Ace, but because he goes that far in his rage against pirates that he would kill his own subordinates in order to kill the pirates, aka Coby, thats kinda twisted imo), Whapol and many others in the series.
Sep 13, 2015 8:08 AM
May 2015
All i know is that Monet is by far the best straw hat material than any other post time skip character, period.
Sep 13, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 2015
People.... Don't reply to a "troll post"... You will just make yourself look like a fool, arguing against ideas like this...
(my proof Monet poisoned/killed children)

Anyway, don't be tempted by their provocation :) I will put this to warn others, but I'm not replying to them :)

So just "agree" with them. Saying like this: "You are so right dude" "Maybe Monet will become the Pirate Queen, even". That Monet holding Luffy's shoulders is one of the most intimate moments Luffy has ever gotten with a woman before. Monet was licking her lips too, maybe thought Luffy was tasty/sexy. WHAHAHAHA . Sarcasm is one of the best weapons to fight against the foe
Sep 14, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
Commentator1 said:
People.... Don't reply to a "troll post"... You will just make yourself look like a fool, arguing against ideas like this...

Anyway, don't be tempted by their provocation :) I will put this to warn others, but I'm not replying to them :)

So just "agree" with them. Saying like this: "You are so right dude" "Maybe Monet will become the Pirate Queen, even". That Monet holding Luffy's shoulders is one of the most intimate moments Luffy has ever gotten with a woman before. Monet was licking her lips too, maybe thought Luffy was tasty/sexy. WHAHAHAHA . Sarcasm is one of the best weapons to fight against the foe

maybe you should READ my posts before making yourself look like a fool. THEN reply. i said so myself that i'm searching for a reason why she would join so if you don't like discussing theories (what this post is for anyway, not for annoying little bitches like you who think they're Oda and everything they say MUST be true, yes i remember other convo's with you), then fk off
Sep 16, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
Commentator1 said:

Monet didn't kill anyone, as in result the children DIDN'T die. As for poisoning, read this - http://orojackson.com/threads/can-a-shonen-manga-apologize-someone-involved-in-drug-dealings.14052/

Takani Megumi from a series Rurouni Kenshin (which Oda worked on as well, as an assistant) was a person who created drugs which DID kill people. Yet she was forgiven. Haibara Ai from Detective Conan also created drugs, though where I am currently, it is unknown if it was used to actually kill someone. They were using it in attempt to kill Kudo Shinichi, but it failed, and he turned into a kid (compared to kids turning giants in OP) instead of dying. Yet Ai Haibara claims that he is slowly dying because of this drug. And she IS forgiven by Conan, her victim, without him knowing any bullshit backstory of her (at least at the point I am watching).
Sep 16, 2015 7:31 AM

Jun 2013
She's dead, can we live it like that? Let the dead rest.
Sep 16, 2015 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
metsujin said:

well, like i said in my main info, this wasn't meant to be a topic for her to be alive or not, just theories about her.. but i could give you plenty of links for further info about that topic too if you want, cuz it's not even clear if she even got stabbed (i'll paste the most interesting and most thoroughly link under here to give you the info about what i'm talking right now and so i won't need to fully explain all that ;p, even if you don't like the idea of her showing up ever again, i highly recommend to read that one, it's really interesting and explained really good)

http://orojackson.com/threads/theres-something-about-monet-nakama-theory.7205/

@ Pheonix: wow tnx, never actually bothered looking who was an assistant where and such, i actually never knew he worked as assistant on Kenshin and also never thought about references to it in OP, as it has been so long that i don't quite remember Kenshin so good anymore. Now that you mentioned that, indeed there are some nice resemblances!
HiroyuukiSep 16, 2015 7:49 AM
Sep 16, 2015 7:54 AM

Oct 2014
Hiroyuuki said:
metsujin said:

well, like i said in my main info, this wasn't meant to be a topic for her to be alive or not, just theories about her.. but i could give you plenty of links for further info about that topic too if you want, cuz it's not even clear if she even got stabbed (i'll paste the most interesting and most thoroughly link under here to give you the info about what i'm talking right now and so i won't need to fully explain all that ;p, even if you don't like the idea of her showing up ever again, i highly recommend to read that one, it's really interesting and explained really good)

You may also give links to my posts about that. Right here - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1383830&show=0#msg39851381

Oh, I see. The thread was deleted for some strange reasons... Well, whatever.
Sep 18, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
ashfrliebert said:
Hey, you're right, Monet is pretty much Bellamy when you think about it. Bellamy character was about his viewpoint on dreams, but later about his idolization to Dolfamingo. Dolfamingo betrayal to him in Mock Town mirrors Dolfamingo manipulation to Monet in Punk Hazard. Except Bellamy actually, I suppose, had a relationship with Luffy despite it being negative. Wherein Monet 'doesn't'.

He still got back up for him though, but later faced his idolization again in Dressrosa-before Luffy forgave him. The issue here is not really about Luffy forging Monet, it's about Monet forgiving Luffy. Also, Monet and everybody else(except I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Baby 5, Senor Pink, and of course Viola) pretty much mirror BELLAMY'S character instead of the other way around. In loyalty. Bellamy has everything Monet has and more as a character, and he ACTUALLY has chemistry with Luffy(THE biggest strike against Monet). I'm hoping against it, but I wouldn't really have too big of an issue with Bellamy joining instead considering he has already had that development that Monet 'hasn't-and the circumstances, like appearing just a few chapters ago.

this came out of another thread ('New Member Soon?')this pretty much sums up why i still search for a reason why she would ever even join the SH Pirates, although i can see many possibilities with her character, like i stated in replies above.

Luffy is the kind of guy to just forgive people, for a few exeptions like BB ofc. He has the ability to see through a person when he's not in combat mode vs. them. So i couldn't explain it better that this: the issue is whether SHE can forgive the SH pirates, not the other way around.

We don't actually know how she would react on Mingo's defeat, would she search revenge, would she feel liberated from Mingo, as she knew he'd kill her like she said so herself or would she do smth like going to Kaido to explain what exactly happened and in that way get Kaido against Luffy? (although i already see Kaido as his enemy with Sanji kicking the goat guy)
Sep 18, 2015 5:11 AM
Dec 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
ashfrliebert said:
Hey, you're right, Monet is pretty much Bellamy when you think about it. Bellamy character was about his viewpoint on dreams, but later about his idolization to Dolfamingo. Dolfamingo betrayal to him in Mock Town mirrors Dolfamingo manipulation to Monet in Punk Hazard. Except Bellamy actually, I suppose, had a relationship with Luffy despite it being negative. Wherein Monet 'doesn't'.

He still got back up for him though, but later faced his idolization again in Dressrosa-before Luffy forgave him. The issue here is not really about Luffy forging Monet, it's about Monet forgiving Luffy. Also, Monet and everybody else(except I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Baby 5, Senor Pink, and of course Viola) pretty much mirror BELLAMY'S character instead of the other way around. In loyalty. Bellamy has everything Monet has and more as a character, and he ACTUALLY has chemistry with Luffy(THE biggest strike against Monet). I'm hoping against it, but I wouldn't really have too big of an issue with Bellamy joining instead considering he has already had that development that Monet 'hasn't-and the circumstances, like appearing just a few chapters ago.

this came out of another thread ('New Member Soon?')this pretty much sums up why i still search for a reason why she would ever even join the SH Pirates, although i can see many possibilities with her character, like i stated in replies above.

Luffy is the kind of guy to just forgive people, for a few exeptions like BB ofc. He has the ability to see through a person when he's not in combat mode vs. them. So i couldn't explain it better that this: the issue is whether SHE can forgive the SH pirates, not the other way around.

We don't actually know how she would react on Mingo's defeat, would she search revenge, would she feel liberated from Mingo, as she knew he'd kill her like she said so herself or would she do smth like going to Kaido to explain what exactly happened and in that way get Kaido against Luffy? (although i already see Kaido as his enemy with Sanji kicking the goat guy)

i'm just wondering that since her sister is sugar and works for doflamingo i wonder how they are gonna bring her into zou/wano?
Sep 18, 2015 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Spider-titan55 said:

i'm just wondering that since her sister is sugar and works for doflamingo i wonder how they are gonna bring her into zou/wano?

well for Monet, atm i personall don't see her showing up in Wano unless she'd just go on the ship like Robin, but that'd be kinda lame imo, as it wouldn't have any build-up (i actually felt just like how Zoro reacted when she first joined), so there would have to be a reason for her to show up. A reason could be that she is seen talking to kaido to convince him that Luffy and Law were the reason for the failure

as for Sugar, i don't actually know smth, many ppl believe she turned Mingo into a toy and escaped, but i'm not really sure how and why she would lol.

a way for them both to show up is that Kaido wants his revenge and goes after both of them lol.

Another thing i don't actually get is why Aokiji suddenly showed up at the end of Punk Hazard, even he could have taken Monet to safety and stuff. The only thing i hope is that if he did, he didn't take her with him to BB, i'd hate her to become a BB Pirate too lol (don't really know whether Aokiji is actually serious about being a BB Pirate though, i always thought he'd be some kind of spy for the revolutionary army)
Sep 18, 2015 5:53 AM
Dec 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
Spider-titan55 said:

well for Monet, atm i personall don't see her showing up in Wano unless she'd just go on the ship like Robin, but that'd be kinda lame imo, as it wouldn't have any build-up (i actually felt just like how Zoro reacted when she first joined), so there would have to be a reason for her to show up. A reason could be that she is seen talking to kaido to convince him that Luffy and Law were the reason for the failure

as for Sugar, i don't actually know smth, many ppl believe she turned Mingo into a toy and escaped, but i'm not really sure how and why she would lol.

a way for them both to show up is that Kaido wants his revenge and goes after both of them lol.

Another thing i don't actually get is why Aokiji suddenly showed up at the end of Punk Hazard, even he could have taken Monet to safety and stuff. The only thing i hope is that if he did, he didn't take her with him to BB, i'd hate her to become a BB Pirate too lol (don't really know whether Aokiji is actually serious about being a BB Pirate though, i always thought he'd be some kind of spy for the revolutionary army)

my goodness, her with blackbeard would be insane but a pretty good development for her but not the development that is needed. i understand that aoikij needs to get closer to blackbeard and bringing in a former member of the doflamingo family would be a good idea but like i said it's not a the type of thing that is needed. i know monet is an astronomer but i prefer caesar to join since they seem to want what he actually has.
Sep 24, 2015 5:29 AM

Oct 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
Hiroyuuki said:

my goodness, her with blackbeard would be insane but a pretty good development for her but not the development that is needed. i understand that aoikij needs to get closer to blackbeard and bringing in a former member of the doflamingo family would be a good idea but like i said it's not a the type of thing that is needed. i know monet is an astronomer but i prefer caesar to join since they seem to want what he actually has.

I think that Blackbeard will attempt to capture Sugar. We all know that Blackbeard is gathering strong Devil Fruits, and Sugar's one is one of the strongest, I can't see Blackbeard missing the chance to get it, after he learns about her powers. There will be pretty much no chance for Donquihote Family to save her, even if they wish to do so, and this is when I see a possibility of Monet returning and asking Straw Hats to save Sugar, similarly to Vivi or Miss Wesdenday along with Igaram or Mr.8 (their enemies at a time, who tried to kill them) asking Straw Hats to save their country and people. Doflamingo alone will be not enough, even if he actully goes as far as to attempt to save Sugar. We are speaking about Younko right here, so I can see Luffy having an alliance. Again, this person is not necessarily should be Blackbeard, it may be Kaido, and pretty much actually any strong pirate, who decides to take this opportunity. It may also be that someone else captures Sugar, but Blackbeard recaptures her from them, anyway, I can't see Sugar being free after her devil fruit powers being revealed, and she needs someone REALLY strong to protect her, and I can't see anyone stupid enough but Luffy to do so. He helped his enemies a couple times, previously, being it Vivi, or Robin, so he can do it again. And I think that Monet will be the best candidate to do so, as who else, if not Monet, would care about her sister that much? Doflamingo? I really can't see him asking Luffy to do so, and I am not sure how much he cares about Sugar to go that far as to oppose Younko or similarly strong pirate. In overall I can't see anyone else helping to save Sugar, as Donquihote Family are enemies of everyone. Marine hates them, pirates hates them, Tenryubito hates them, Revolutionaries were here to stop them, everyone hates them. And only Luffy may be stupid enough to help their former enemy. Monet would be the best candidate to ask Luffy to save Sugar or/and protect her in my opinion. Aokiji may be involved on all of this as well. I also think he could save Monet as well, as he seems to be a ladies man, he knew Smoker, and that means that he knew Vergo most likely as well, and Vergo could ask Aokiji to help Monet, plus he is also a traitor/refugee, affilated with pirates, just like Vergo is, this is not speaking about Monet's powers being kinda similar to Aokiji himself, don't know how it really went/will go, though.
Sep 24, 2015 8:26 AM

May 2015
Edit: Opps, I missed the point myself, disregard this post. :P
ashfrliebertSep 24, 2015 8:36 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 24, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
She is dead.. so just let it go...
Sep 24, 2015 8:39 AM

May 2015
tr1ckst3r said:

A certain little falcon would like a word with you.

She'll make for great cover stories, get hype.

Like, I don't even understand the love, Monet isn't a 'bad' character because she has no negative qualities, she's a 'flat' one because she has little. She's a big bad mob who poisons children and works for an evil mastermind, what's the appeal anyway?
EDIT:
Just to make a post for the "Monet" thread.
know that Blackbeard is gathering strong Devil Fruits, and Sugar's one is one of the strongest

Sugar's one of the major Dolfamingo antagonist, but the argument can be used on pretty much every character with a devil fruit-even if her's is abnormally strong. Why don't the blackbeard pirates aim for that one guy who could fly, Pell's devil fruit? There are alot of side-characters with strong devil fruits in existence.

Sugar's devil fruit is stronger than most, but it has good reason: the plot. Sugar was the reason for the whole "Toy Soldier" thing in the first place, but another one is for the contrast with her age and so that Usopp could defeat her. With the wide amount of devil fruits, it seems a bit off to automatically make a connection with anyone of them to Blackbeard.

We've had "side character with absolutely broken devil fruit" before, in "almost" the same situation. I'm talking about Perona, of course. Sugar's more recent, but the point still stands. Some of the more OP devil fruits were in the hands of less capable people or people who in the situation couldn't defeat the character with it anyway-for another two examples, Hancock and Enel.

ashfrliebertSep 24, 2015 9:56 AM
Sep 25, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2011

Have to admit, that was a pretty fascinating read. One of the best theories I've read on Oro Jackson. I always liked Monet since way back when she was introduced but I pretty much gave up on her after the presumed death. It did bug me that Oda killed off that particular character like that. He rarely kills off characters, especially characters that haven't had their pasts fully fleshed out. Also, chapter 700 always bugged me. Those rabbits in the wave look too much like her ability for that just to be a coincidence not to mention they aren't mentioned in the manga.

Anyway, this theory has give me some hope that perhaps there's more to her story. I mean, if anything we know that Vergo isn't dead or at least that guy's death was never confirmed. So we will see.
Sep 25, 2015 1:52 PM

May 2015
I honestly don't think Monet is evil, she may have helped Caesar during his experiments, but she was only carrying out the orders she was given by her captain and ultimately Monet was never shown to kill anyone. Her actions were conveyed as being incredibly ambiguous by Oda, and I have been wondering, why exactly would Oda do such a thing?

She was only helping a scientist drug children because she was ordered to, well golly that just makes her completely fine!

As for Monet knowingly giving the children NHC10, it is arguable whether Monet was aware of the drug inside the "candy" or even what the drugs exact effects were. The flashback scene with Momonosuke finding out about Caesar's intentions implies that Monet was only told about the nature of the Giantification experiments at that point. It would be quite redundant for Caesar to tell Monet about the limitations and dangers of the Giantification experiments again if he had told Monet before. The fact that he mentions it implies that it is Caesar's first time sharing that information with Monet. Monet had already expressed that she had no idea what Caesar's "Smiley" experiment was about, so she may not have known about the NHC10 in the "candy" or even known about the effects of NHC10 - according to Chopper NHC10 is a rare drug for doctors to possess.

The flashback scene shown that she was only told at that point
the flashback scene, implying after she knew in the present she was STILL helping Ceasar, I wonder why.

Rosinante had mentioned that only the inner circle members (Trebol, Diamante, Pica, Vergo and himself) knew about Doflamingo's true nature and madness. Monet may have become part of the inner circle members some time after she joined but I seriously doubt it given the nature of her role within the crew and how she had to spend time away from the rest of the crew in order to complete the missions she was given.

Ah yes, she knew she was drugging children for the person who works for him, but she didn't know about Dolfamingo's true nature. Right.

She can be alive, that's not really the point.

Eh, I think the points are still faulty, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt in that this theory was posted before Dressrosa actually ended.
Sep 26, 2015 6:01 AM
Dec 2013
[quote=ashfrliebert]
tr1ckst3r said:

A certain little falcon would like a word with you.

She'll make for great cover stories, get hype.

Like, I don't even understand the love, Monet isn't a 'bad' character because she has no negative qualities, she's a 'flat' one because she has little. She's a big bad mob who poisons children and works for an evil mastermind, what's the appeal anyway?

her quirks, how she's actually portrayed as a joyful, quirky fun loving harpy who has some sense of trauma.
EDIT:
Just to make a post for the "Monet" thread.
know that Blackbeard is gathering strong Devil Fruits, and Sugar's one is one of the strongest

Sugar's one of the major Dolfamingo antagonist, but the argument can be used on pretty much every character with a devil fruit-even if her's is abnormally strong. Why don't the blackbeard pirates aim for that one guy who could fly, Pell's devil fruit? There are alot of side-characters with strong devil fruits in existence.

pretty sure they don't care nor are aware of pell because they just captured stronger powers than him and honestly they could've captured some that are more useful to fly. it's actually alot more logical for them to capture someone like sugar.

Sugar's devil fruit is stronger than most, but it has good reason: the plot. Sugar was the reason for the whole "Toy Soldier" thing in the first place, but another one is for the contrast with her age and so that Usopp could defeat her. With the wide amount of devil fruits, it seems a bit off to automatically make a connection with anyone of them to Blackbeard.

any character can be actually made for the plot or that a character can be more than just that. sugar is actually related to monet and with their terrible experience before being rescued from a tyrant with their powers and their other usefulness they have reasons to be taken by the blackbeard pirates. i really don't understand why you want to rule them out with what the actual reason a guy like blackbeard would find usefulness with.

We've had "side character with absolutely broken devil fruit" before, in "almost" the same situation. I'm talking about Perona, of course. Sugar's more recent, but the point still stands. Some of the more OP devil fruits were in the hands of less capable people or people who in the situation couldn't defeat the character with it anyway-for another two examples, Hancock and Enel.

i really don't know why you still want to doubt monet so far after everything that has been happening and has been absolutely shown in the series?
Sep 26, 2015 6:05 AM
Dec 2013
ashfrliebert said:
I honestly don't think Monet is evil, she may have helped Caesar during his experiments, but she was only carrying out the orders she was given by her captain and ultimately Monet was never shown to kill anyone. Her actions were conveyed as being incredibly ambiguous by Oda, and I have been wondering, why exactly would Oda do such a thing?

She was only helping a scientist drug children because she was ordered to, well golly that just makes her completely fine!

As for Monet knowingly giving the children NHC10, it is arguable whether Monet was aware of the drug inside the "candy" or even what the drugs exact effects were. The flashback scene with Momonosuke finding out about Caesar's intentions implies that Monet was only told about the nature of the Giantification experiments at that point. It would be quite redundant for Caesar to tell Monet about the limitations and dangers of the Giantification experiments again if he had told Monet before. The fact that he mentions it implies that it is Caesar's first time sharing that information with Monet. Monet had already expressed that she had no idea what Caesar's "Smiley" experiment was about, so she may not have known about the NHC10 in the "candy" or even known about the effects of NHC10 - according to Chopper NHC10 is a rare drug for doctors to possess.

The flashback scene shown that she was only told at that point
the flashback scene, implying after she knew in the present she was STILL helping Ceasar, I wonder why.

Rosinante had mentioned that only the inner circle members (Trebol, Diamante, Pica, Vergo and himself) knew about Doflamingo's true nature and madness. Monet may have become part of the inner circle members some time after she joined but I seriously doubt it given the nature of her role within the crew and how she had to spend time away from the rest of the crew in order to complete the missions she was given.

Ah yes, she knew she was drugging children for the person who works for him, but she didn't know about Dolfamingo's true nature. Right.

She can be alive, that's not really the point.

Eh, I think the points are still faulty, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt in that this theory was posted before Dressrosa actually ended.

keep this in mind that even if she was aware of some of the things that she did that would make her no better than bon clay, hatchin, robin, franky, miss wednesday/vivi, and even helmeppo and she has shown to have some sense of morality and feelings for the kids with the way she looked at them, her throwing the note to chopper and the way she talked kinda seemed like she had some terrible experience.
Sep 26, 2015 10:39 AM

May 2015
We are going in circles at this point.
Spider-titan55 said:
[
keep this in mind that even if she was aware of some of the things that she did that would make her no better than bon clay, hatchin, robin, franky, miss wednesday/vivi, and even helmeppo and she has shown to have some sense of morality and feelings for the kids with the way she looked at them, her throwing the note to chopper and the way she talked kinda seemed like she had some terrible experience.

None of them have done actions anywhere near the moral scale of drugging children. so no.

And Vivi? What? She was a spy and literally the princess, nowhere near the same thing.
She was helping Ceasar drug them with candy for an experiment(as shown when she blocked one of the children from escaping), no, this is not caring for the children.
ashfrliebertSep 26, 2015 10:45 AM
Sep 26, 2015 12:46 PM
Dec 2013
ashfrliebert said:
We are going in circles at this point.
Spider-titan55 said:
[

None of them have done actions anywhere near the moral scale of drugging children. so no.

oh yes you can actually say that drugging children is worse but its actually nothing compared to what some of the others did like starting a civil war while laughing at it, trying to kill a princess and trying to kill the pirates trying to stop a civil war, contributing to a tyrant for enslaving people and holding a girl hostage, threatening people even a little girl and her mother like sicking a wolf on them just because his father is some big bad marine dictator of an island, nearly killing a whale and blasting an oldman with a cannon while you laughed at him, beating up a defensless ussop and insulting him, let his gang finish the job and throw him out like trash., blowing up a ship igaram was in, contributing to a tyrant plan for civil war just so they can obtain a ponyoglyph, scaring pell for harming someone like vivi, trying to kill and harm tashigi, and even clutched pell.

And Vivi? What? She was a spy and literally the princess, nowhere near the same thing.

she tried to kill laboon and even blasted crockus and even laughed at him. and mr.9 also turned out good and he tried to do the same thing she did before finding out miss wednesday was a princess.

She was helping Ceasar drug them with candy for an experiment(as shown when she blocked one of the children from escaping), no, this is not caring for the children.

then why did she hang it with the kids more and why did she throw the note to chopper? before you say it's law if he did use room he would've told the other straw hat pirates and even smoker and tashigi about this and if he did use room not only would the sphere have been noticed but the note would've dropped on hs head instead of being thrown.
Sep 26, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
Spider-titan55 said:

then why did she hang it with the kids more and why did she throw the note to chopper? before you say it's law if he did use room he would've told the other straw hat pirates and even smoker and tashigi about this and if he did use room not only would the sphere have been noticed but the note would've dropped on hs head instead of being thrown.

actually the only thing important here is whether she did it willingly and by herself or not. Nothing else. She knew Mingo would kill her if she failed her mission. If she didn't help Ceasar getting in touch with the kids, he never would have made it without her. Mingo NEEDED her to do those things, she knew that too, if she didn't, she'd get killed, simple as that.

so now for once an for all, to those saying she is a bad person: If i threatened to kill you (and you know i would, 100% sure) if you didn't help there, what would you do? i can ASSURE you, that now, 99% of the ppl will say: "hell no, i won't ever do such a thing", well face reality for a sec, most of those would do it when they were actually facing that situation, i bet even over 80% of all ppl would do that. So, as i said somewhere before, doing bad THINGS doesn't make a person bad, it's the context in which the things have been done that matter.

On that topic btw, i also put a theory about her legs and wings that could be connected to this too (it's in the 1st comment of this topic), if that were the case, i'm sure 100% of the ppl would do it (exept maybe the foolish ones who don't like living, so let's say 98-99%)
Sep 26, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2015
Hiroyuuki said:
Spider-titan55 said:

actually the only thing important here is whether she did it willingly and by herself or not. Nothing else. She knew Mingo would kill her if she failed her mission. If she didn't help Ceasar getting in touch with the kids, he never would have made it without her. Mingo NEEDED her to do those things, she knew that too, if she didn't, she'd get killed, simple as that.

so now for once an for all, to those saying she is a bad person: If i threatened to kill you (and you know i would, 100% sure) if you didn't help there, what would you do? i can ASSURE you, that now, 99% of the ppl will say: "hell no, i won't ever do such a thing", well face reality for a sec, most of those would do it when they were actually facing that situation, i bet even over 80% of all ppl would do that. So, as i said somewhere before, doing bad THINGS doesn't make a person bad, it's the context in which the things have been done that matter.

On that topic btw, i also put a theory about her legs and wings that could be connected to this too (it's in the 1st comment of this topic), if that were the case, i'm sure 100% of the ppl would do it (exept maybe the foolish ones who don't like living, so let's say 98-99%)

I would certainty not blow myself up for the guy who threatened to kill me(because I'm not loyal), what would be the actual point.
Sep 27, 2015 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
The controversy over her being a "bad person" would make her joining the Straw Hats all the more interesting imo. Robin's addition sort of covered this territory, however, it was resolved very quickly and even in a comedic fashion.

If Luffy were to let her join, it'd be interesting to see some serious friction between the crew regarding that decision. Characters such as Chopper and Nami certainly wouldn't be able to forgive her actions easily, even if she bribed them with treats and money.

That being said, I don't think she'll join, but if she's somehow alive I'm sure we'll see her again.
Sep 27, 2015 8:29 PM
Sep 28, 2015 3:38 AM

Mar 2015
@ Isterio, i heard about the theory of Nami eating it too, i think it's also nice to have, although my preference would still be Monet too, but i could live with it ;p

Immagine the possibilities though if Luffy were to eat it by accident again XD a 2nd fruit should explode your body or smth, but i always thought that Luffy could be unique and would be able to eat a 2nd one tnx to his body and powers (i thought about this from the moment it was reveiled that you could only eat 1, which is WAAAAY before BB somehow managed to get his 2nd)
Sep 28, 2015 9:13 AM
Dec 2013

i've seen the theory and it's actually pretty horrible and it actually seems how he doesn't actually get how an inheretence works. he also seems to be dodging alot of the statements about monet and just answers some of them with bias. this is the same guy who wanted bartolomeo to join as well as cavendish, violet, kyros, bellamy and the others without looking much into them. he also thinks that caesar would end up with either law or i think the straw hat crew even though despite some of the things he's done he just think that a guy like caesar is qualified to join.
Sep 29, 2015 8:25 AM
Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

i've seen the theory and it's actually pretty horrible and it actually seems how he doesn't actually get how an inheretence works. he also seems to be dodging alot of the statements about monet and just answers some of them with bias. this is the same guy who wanted bartolomeo to join as well as cavendish, violet, kyros, bellamy and the others without looking much into them. he also thinks that caesar would end up with either law or i think the straw hat crew even though despite some of the things he's done he just think that a guy like caesar is qualified to join.

Idc about the Nami theory which I think is unlikely, as it would require to dumb down Nami to make her eat the fruit. Furthermore it´safe to assume that Devil fruits only inhabit a fruit of their type.

Aka Kaku´s fruit requires to be a banana, Shinokunis must be an apple. Buggy´s must be a pineapple.
Laws must be a heartfruit and Luffys a melon or whatever it was.

However everything he said about Monet is true and there is literally no bias to it, as it´s only perception of facts. Monet is/always was a horrible person. Monet gave poisonous candy to children, Monet never tried to help any of the Strawhats, she just turned around because she heard something with the intention to kill Chopper. Why is this pretty safe to assume? She tried to kill Luffy, she tried to kill Zorro and Tashigi and she tried to blow all the Strawhats up.

Yes, Luffy helped Crocodile in exchange for his help. He never befriended him though. Idc if Monet is alive or not, even if she is by bullshit One Piece logic a la Pell Nuke tanker she won´t join the Strahats.

This is not bias, this is buildup. Oda would have to retcon everything besides her design and powers. Her character, her ambitions her past, only for the sake of giving the Strawhats a hot bird chick to please the fetish of some fanboys.Y, no Oda writes bullshit from time to time, but he´s too good of a writer to deliver for his fans and write something so stupid. The only biased one here is you, you demand Monet to be alive, because you liked her for whatever reason, you want her to join the Strawhats although there is nothing redeeming about her character.
Sep 30, 2015 4:42 AM

Mar 2015
@ Isterio: Ok, so you think it's possible for her to ever return, but not that she can join, that's good enough too lol. As i wrote in the top, i have a hard time myself too figuring out why in the world she'd ever join, exept if it'd be that theory of her losing her limbs to Doflamingo.

But than again, to risk your own life to stop ppl who could possibly beat your tyrant and free you from his claws, that's a part i still don't get from her. either she felt a huge debt towards him for some reason, OR Mingo manipulated his underlings SO HARD that it's unthinkable.

On your part of Oda, well ofc he'd need a nice buildup, he ain't that stupid indeed, unlike some (most would be better) ecchi and harem writers.. Thats why i started this, to get everyone to get all the theories and ideas about her together, imo that mythical floating island i talked about is really interesting and seems pretty Oda-like. As for the poisoning thing, i think it's excusable when you consider the threat Mingo was to her if she wouldn't do it, was she doing it willingly or not... (i posted this in detail a few lines upi'll put it in a spoiler under here, will take less space than just quoting it).

And as someone else said, that situation kinda resembles that situation from Rurouni Kenshin, where Oda helped the main writter as his assistant. (see spoiler)

edit: I also kinda want her to be forgiven and stuff to see a rare event in shounen, where a villain (if she didn't do it because of what i said in the spoiler) gets pardonned for what he/she did and where he/she can attone for it in 1 way or another. Ppl always complain about smth being 'cliché' and stuff, but on parts where a manga can overcome a cliché and do smth quite unique (not totally, there are some others like Rurouni Kenshin, but there won't be much who ever forgave such acts, let alone be able to pull of a GOOD way to pull it off, so its quite unique), ppl suddenly complain about it.. Being a writter must be a pain in the ass lol, you wanna do smth that hasn't been seen many times, but then alot of ppl complain about that, while the writter wants to give his fans the pleasure of doing smth not cliché, like they want. Imo, it'd be nice to see Oda being able to make up a nice story for forgiving her.
HiroyuukiSep 30, 2015 5:19 AM
Sep 30, 2015 6:48 PM

May 2015
Hiroyuuki said:

edit: I also kinda want her to be forgiven and stuff to see a rare event in shounen, where a villain (if she didn't do it because of what i said in the spoiler) gets pardonned for what he/she did and where he/she can attone for it in 1 way or another. Ppl always complain about smth being 'cliché' and stuff, but on parts where a manga can overcome a cliché and do smth quite unique (not totally, there are some others like Rurouni Kenshin, but there won't be much who ever forgave such acts, let alone be able to pull of a GOOD way to pull it off, so its quite unique), ppl suddenly complain about it..

Redeemed villain is a cliche that's used plenty(even though, again, this is mostly about her relationship with Luffy...but I digress), but it's still not bad, Vegata, anyone?

It's really all in the execution, like..(dragon ball/z spoiler, in case there exist someone who hasn't watched it)

/end dragon ball spoiler

and um, the whole watching the guy who helps the artificial devil fruit black market, and of course kid drugging thing. Once you go that far to support the person who saved your life, might as well stick with them through country massacres no? And yes, Bellamy is also in the same situation, it's just a joke pshh

though still wanna say he had qualms with the whole being used thing, not the murdering innocent citizen parts-even if Monet secretly didn't want to drug children, the fact of "character development over antangoistness(to an extent)" still stands.
ashfrliebertSep 30, 2015 7:10 PM
May 26, 2016 5:34 AM
Jul 2015
Phoenix_Wright said:
Hiroyuuki said:

You may also give links to my posts about that. Right here - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1383830&show=0#msg39851381

Oh, I see. The thread was deleted for some strange reasons... Well, whatever.

Excuse me. There were children "before those children, and they are already dead... They were killed by Monet/ Ceaser
May 26, 2016 5:40 AM
Jul 2015
There are no "negative"/ "evil" hero's in One Piece.

"Being a pirate" is not a "bad thing" in Luffy's mind (he's naive). Because all it means to Luffy is being "free".

Monet killed children. There were children that came before those children and are already dead. Monet/ Ceaser killed them, via poisoning.

There's no future for either Monet nor Ceaser EVER on the Straw Hats ship.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.