Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm another lewd episode.

Based on some of the expressions, I wouldn't doubt that Rin might be falling for Rito. Also, Lala becoming more relevant! Too bad some of the bath scenes were censored by the mist. BDs will remove that so...

And anyways, Rito had too much imo this episode.
His reactions after that cheek kiss is kinda priceless.
Sep 7, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Nice to see Lala get some attention for a change. Leave it to To Love-ru for it to be harder for the MC to kiss a girl on the mouth, than on her naughty bits.
Sep 7, 2015 2:07 PM
Jun 2011
this was great episode it was nice to see lala get some attention
Sep 7, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
Some hardcore heroine progress XD
Sep 7, 2015 9:51 PM
Sep 2014
Well... We remember that Lala Satalin is the base story
Sep 8, 2015 2:05 AM

Feb 2015
I Love this harem drama. This is the real Harem.

CAN'T WAIT TOO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE !!
Sep 8, 2015 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
ohh Lala <3
Sep 8, 2015 2:57 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
#Progress

I love how this episode manages to combine delicious lewdness, the original TLR vibes and Harem Plan progression all at the same time

And I had almost forgotten that Momo still hadn't told Nana about the Harem Plan here, they really switched around the chapter order because I'm pretty sure that happened quite a while earlier already in the manga iirc
Sep 8, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Rin is falling for Rito.

Momo taught Lala about the special kiss.

Rito had a lewd dream.
Sep 8, 2015 9:31 PM

May 2015
curzon17 said:
Nice to see Lala get some attention for a change.
Yeah it was nice seeing Lala interact with Rito for more than 1 minute. I'm glad that we get at least one episode dedicated to her…

If Rito is feeling this way (I'm talking about the decision of not kissing Lala because how he feels about Haruna Sairenji {the talk of half-a$$ed feelings, blah, blah, blah}) I want to know how Author-San is going to tie this conversation to the story (harem plan of Momo and beyond TLRD). Is he already set his mind in only one girl? Is Rito going to shy away from the harem plan? Is he going to return all the affection of all the girls involve in the harem plan? I bring these questions because I curious to know how Sensei is going to develop the story further down the road…
Sep 9, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2009
HaXXspetten said:
#Progress

I love how this episode manages to combine delicious lewdness, the original TLR vibes and Harem Plan progression all at the same time

And I had almost forgotten that Momo still hadn't told Nana about the Harem Plan here, they really switched around the chapter order because I'm pretty sure that happened quite a while earlier already in the manga iirc

No it happened here in the manga too, your thinking of the manga chapter that was the first episode of this season, momo told nana about how it's not uncommon for people in rito's situation to have multiple wives or lovers, i get them mixed up alot too.
Sep 9, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
Roy_Focker said:
If Rito is feeling this way (I'm talking about the decision of not kissing Lala because how he feels about Haruna Sairenji {the talk of half-a$$ed feelings, blah, blah, blah}) I want to know how Author-San is going to tie this conversation to the story (harem plan of Momo and beyond TLRD). Is he already set his mind in only one girl? Is Rito going to shy away from the harem plan? Is he going to return all the affection of all the girls involve in the harem plan? I bring these questions because I curious to know how Sensei is going to develop the story further down the road…

I think if Rito only ends up with one girl, this will go down as the greatest and longest troll in anime/manga history. This is pretty much heading for a mass marriage ceremony with most of the girls participating. Rito already is too nice a guy to turn down any of these girls, and with the obvious addition of Rin-senpai in the starting sequence of this episode, there's one more bedroom to add to the palace's floor plan. Lala certainly reminded us in this episode why she is likely to be the number one bride though, particularly since the entire harem plan depends on Rito becoming the king of Deviluke.
rodacSep 9, 2015 1:25 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 9, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2014
rodac said:
Roy_Focker said:

I think if Rito only ends up with one girl, this will go down as the greatest and longest troll in anime/manga history. This is pretty much heading for a mass marriage ceremony with most of the girls participating. Rito already is too nice a guy to turn down any of these girls, and with the obvious addition of Rin-senpai in the starting sequence of this episode, there's one more bedroom to add to the palace's floor plan. Lala certainly reminded us in this episode why she is likely to be the number one bride though, particularly since the entire harem plan depends on Rito becoming the king of Deviluke.

Rito's Harem is currently with 13 girls (including Kyoko e Mikan) This is basicly all the girls in the series - Senseis, Nemesis, Shizu, Mio, Aya, Saki and the later introduced Deviluke Queen (which has major importance in the next arc after darkness although only appearing in chapter of the manga).

With that said, at this point the Harem is just too big to not end in one, we are not talking about shuffle level harem in which he chose 1 and 3 girls were left hurt... here if he chooses 1 girl we have 12 girls that will be hurt and Rito is too nice to hurt so many people.
Sep 9, 2015 8:37 AM
Dec 2013
Good to see Lala get some screentime for once. Liked the reenactment of that bath scene from episode 1 from the first season. I know she's an airhead, but it's kind of surprising that Lala doesn't know what a real kiss is, let alone sexual intercourse. And Momo not having the heart to show Lala the sex scene in that eroge/visual novel game was kind of sweet.

Looks like Momo's going to tell Nana about the harem plan. Wonder what Nana's going to think of it.
wildhoodSep 9, 2015 8:54 AM
Sep 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
FunkyEx said:
Rito's Harem is currently with 13 girls (including Kyoko e Mikan) This is basicly all the girls in the series - Senseis, Nemesis, Shizu, Mio, Aya, Saki and the later introduced Deviluke Queen (which has major importance in the next arc after darkness although only appearing in chapter of the manga).

With that said, at this point the Harem is just too big to not end in one, we are not talking about shuffle level harem in which he chose 1 and 3 girls were left hurt... here if he chooses 1 girl we have 12 girls that will be hurt and Rito is too nice to hurt so many people.

I have to disagree with you on this: Shizu has never shown to have any kind of romantic feelings for Rito neither in the manga nor in the anime. Saki-sama is clearly in love with Zastin and personally I would prefer she didn't get into the harem so that she can be with him at some point. Also I can't imagine Nemesi been big on the whole sharing one guy kind of thing. But I have to agree that if TLRD ends with Rito and just one girl or even just Lala and Haruna it would be a colossal disappointment and an immense waste of every bodies time just like Nisekoi.
Sep 9, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
Irondragon said:
FunkyEx said:

I have to disagree with you on this: Shizu has never shown to have any kind of romantic feelings for Rito neither in the manga nor in the anime. Saki-sama is clearly in love with Zastin and personally I would prefer she didn't get into the harem so that she can be with him at some point. Also I can't imagine Nemesi been big on the whole sharing one guy kind of thing. But I have to agree that if TLRD ends with Rito and just one girl or even just Lala and Haruna it would be a colossal disappointment and an immense waste of every bodies time just like Nisekoi.

Gotta agree on the harem ending. It would be really massive disappointment if this don't end in harem ending. Why even "try" to build that kinda attmosphere in whole serie, if you are going to just go for that one girl in the end.
Sep 9, 2015 1:33 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Given all the drama regarding the author's ex-wife and all, I can't imagine TLRD to ever end with a single girl ending
Sep 9, 2015 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, and episode about Lala. She doesn't get almost any attention so I almost forgot she even existed.
Really loved this episode, hopefully there will be more things like this.
Sep 9, 2015 3:05 PM

Apr 2015
Yami is right, Rito's "accidents"
can be called an ability and
it is an ability every pervert
should possess

Oh rito

Wonder what will happen
if Lala will be enlightened?

Sep 9, 2015 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
Dat kiss
Sep 9, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
Irondragon said:
FunkyEx said:

There have been a few hints on shizu, but nothing conclusive about her having romantic feelings for rito, though the author does seem to be setting her up for it.

As for saki, while i'm 50-50 on whether she'll eventually switch interests, i firmly believe she will NOT end up with zastin simply due to the fact that in the long run, i think he's both too old for her(zastin is implied to be gid's right hand man, and fought for deviluke in the great galactic war, plus he seems to have been the deviluke sister's guardian for years, making zastin in his 30's), and he has shown no real interest in her romantically, time will tell though.

Nemesis could end up in his harem, if she mellowed out a little (she seems to be in the mainga as of late), more than that though she'd have to get along with momo, since 90% of her actions seem to be to annoy and tease her.

I agree, in fact i cannot see a way it wouldn't end up in a harem ending, this episode in general points out that rito is starting to realize he does have feelings for more than just lala and haruna, the problem being he simply doesn't know exactly how to handle it, which is what keeps the story going.

@Funkyex
Mikado has shown signs of at least minor attraction to rito, though i do not think tearju has, that said i'd be very surprised if she doesn't at some point.
Aya has shown no interest in rito, romantically or otherwise as of yet.
Mio probably has interest in rito, but she's generally overshadowed by risa and nothing confirms or denies it.
The queen of deviluke does NOT have romantic feelings for rito, she has a great deal of respect for him and thinks he would make a great son-in-law for her daughters, as he reminds her of gid in that he has an unwavering conviction to his beliefs which even she cannot break(makes sense in the story without spoiling it), she also supports momo's harem plan, as long as momo figures out why she wants it in the first place.
Sep 9, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
Awsome stuff this anime :D
Kotefawa is still best girl imo, and i wish she'd get more screen time, tho nice progression with lala
Sep 9, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Finally some Lala focus again, how long has it been?

Sep 9, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2015
Yay at last Episode with Lala.
The episode showed how much Momo cares about her big sister not able to show her what is after a kiss.
Can't wait to see Nana reaction to Momo's harem plan.

This pic sum it up the episode.
Sep 9, 2015 6:58 PM

May 2012
some lala after a long time lol, im going to be mad if when this show ever ends, like ends ends, like the manga ends or something if it doesnt end up with the harem plan working out lol, then it would make this whole show 1 big cock tease -_-
Sep 9, 2015 7:37 PM

May 2014
Fuck you Rito ¬¬
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2015 10:58 PM

Dec 2014
Before Rito fall and french kissed Lala's "special place", i think the other, "one-eyed" part of him kissed it earlier.... ;)

OmG... Rito will be even MORE happier next episode...... Lucky b@st@rd. XD
Sep 10, 2015 2:58 AM

Feb 2012
I forgot how awesome Lala is!! It's been so long that she hasn't been in the spotlight that I grew fonder of Momo even more, but this episode re-confirms just how much awesome Lala actually is.

I wonder what Nana's reaction to Momo's plan would be.

Rito, just forget about boring Haruna, please!! LOL!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 10, 2015 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Rin added to the harem yay :D

Gotta love those fantasies.

Can't wait for when momo tells nana about the harem plan
Sep 10, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
I'm a bit sad this scene wasn't as cute in the anime as it's in the manga

I was hoping of making it into a gif
Sep 10, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
'Bout time Lala gets even a droplet of focus again :P Too bad Rito still has the constitution of a level 3 slime since episode 1 of this series :P
Sep 10, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2015
I know it would ruin the comedy, but Momo needs to sit Rito, Lala and Haruna and force everyone into a serious discussion about feelings. Including her own.
Sep 10, 2015 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
Dariamus said:
I know it would ruin the comedy, but Momo needs to sit Rito, Lala and Haruna and force everyone into a serious discussion about feelings. Including her own.

Momo talk about feelings....
I can't see that happening. She just cares about sex and the physical parts of a relationship
Sep 10, 2015 6:23 AM

Oct 2013
I find it funny how people want and are so sure the series will end with a Harem
While me personally, I'm just sitting here and waiting for the next Oreimo to happen
Sep 10, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Deknijff said:
I find it funny how people want and are so sure the series will end with a Harem
While me personally, I'm just sitting here and waiting for the next Oreimo to happen

You don't need to wait, because the series is finished.
Sep 10, 2015 6:28 AM

Oct 2013
Objurgo said:
Deknijff said:

To Love Ru Darkness's manga is still on going.
Did you miss read my comment maybe?
Sep 10, 2015 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
Deknijff said:
Objurgo said:

I'm talking about Oreimo obviously T_T
Sep 10, 2015 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
Objurgo said:
Deknijff said:

Ok I'm going to assume you misread my comment
I'm saying I'm expecting To Love Ru Darkness to end just like how Oreimo ended
Sep 10, 2015 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
Deknijff said:
Objurgo said:

Ok I'm going to assume you misread my comment
I'm saying I'm expecting To Love Ru Darkness to end just like how Oreimo ended

Ah, I get what you mean now. And I disagree. This show isn't ever gonna end... The author is just going to have the characters run in circles whist slowly adding more characters to the ring of death until everyone gets sick of it T_T
Sep 10, 2015 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
Objurgo said:
I disagree. This show isn't ever gonna end... The author is just going to have the characters run in circles whist slowly adding more characters to the ring of death until everyone gets sick of it T_T

Oh well that certainly has a high chance of happing also.
Sep 10, 2015 6:44 AM

Jun 2015
Deknijff said:
Dariamus said:

I can't see that happening. She just cares about sex and the physical parts of a relationship

If that were true, Momo would have already taken Rito for herself.
Sep 10, 2015 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
Dariamus said:
Deknijff said:

If that were true, Momo would have already taken Rito for herself.

I'm sorry for taking a while to reply. My class ended so I headed on home.
Well she seems to know Rito doesn't harbor feelings of love to her so she probably thinks the best option is just to make the harem happen for her own benefit thinking everyone will just be cool and as happy as her with it
and also throwing in some other random girls into the mix just to make the fans happy for the time being.
Sep 10, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2014
Mikan is right when it comes to the mood of this episode feeling nostalgic. Really glad to see Lala getting the spotlight for once after so long.
Sep 10, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2010
Why cheek only!!and that lucky bastard rito prefers haruna more..feeling dissapointed..
Mim
Sep 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
curzon17 said:
Nice to see Lala get some attention for a change.
Sep 11, 2015 12:37 AM
May 2015
BORING!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE SEASON 3,NO MORE SEASON 3,NO MORE SEASON 3,NO MORE SEASON 3,
Sep 11, 2015 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
Seeing Lala getting some actual screen time was a nice change.

Ending was surprising. Can't wait to see Nana's reaction to the harem plan.

Rito pissed me off more than usual in this episode.
Sep 11, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Seeing Lala getting some actual screen time was a nice change.

Ending was surprising. Can't wait to see Nana's reaction to the harem plan.

Rito pissed me off more than usual in this episode.

It's probably because even though they've known each other for this long, Rito acts as if he's just met Lala and the rest. And shoves every ones feeling back as if it's parasitic moss T_T
Sep 11, 2015 1:46 AM

Oct 2013
Or maybe he's trying to do the right thing. Would you guys rather have him turn into Makoto or something?
Sep 11, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
That's what Momo is trying to do with the harem thing :P

Leading peoples feelings a long, letting them feel a one sided love, "Accidentally" groping them, is not the right thing to do. He needs to seriously get his shit together and tell the girls he is interested in, Sairengi and Lala, what the hell is going on instead of going. "ohoohhwaaaaaa! boblooblooloooo!" all the bloody time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» To Love Ru Darkness / 2nd Soundtrack

InVerso - Nov 23, 2018

8 by Light016zyi »»
Apr 15, 1:20 PM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2015

75 by 1WanteD1 »»
Nov 14, 2023 9:07 AM

» To love ru Season 5? ( 1 2 )

Yanagisawa - Dec 4, 2015

86 by Hariansh »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:22 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2015

89 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 7, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

57 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.