Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Natsu's secret technique? Makes sense that Precht would make Fairy Heart actually considering Grimoire Heart.
Sep 6, 2015 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ah....

So the story of Mavis is over. That's how she was encased in the crystal. Heh Natsu. Somehow, I knew he'd try voice his opinion and want to beat Zeref~
Sep 6, 2015 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Secret technique? Interested to see what it is.
removed-userSep 6, 2015 9:13 PM
Sep 6, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 2012
This should be interesting. Just make sure our main protagonist gets an important role this arc. Also that reaction to gajeel was hilarious.
Sep 6, 2015 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
Well, this last chappy of flashback was a bit underwhelming, but overall, still decent. I'ma assume we're done with flashbacks for now. Looking forward to going back to more present development.

Somewhat interested in Natsu's arm and his new technique. This arc's having a hard time holding my interest though. But I know it just started, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and believe it'll drag me in eventually.
Sep 6, 2015 9:33 PM
Sep 2014
this really feels like the final arc but its still many unanswered questions
Sep 6, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
Fairy Heart is eternity magic.
Wonder what Natsu's secret technique is.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 6, 2015 9:39 PM

May 2013
Cool to know what fairy heart is exactly. Can't wait to see what Natsu's secret technique is.
Sep 6, 2015 9:40 PM
Oct 2013
And yet again we reach into stupid territory. At least Hiro starts being consistent now.

All plotholes of Fairy Tail redeemed because love=solution to everything.
That´s why the series does have a legit explanation for everything.

Besides the point how one´s love is stronger than someone else´s.
Plot magic activate!
Sep 6, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
Little nice flashback, I'm just curious what Natsu can do with that arm of his... So they have a infinit magic suply so to say.
Sep 6, 2015 9:54 PM
May 2015
My questions are:

1. How did Zeref arrive on tenroy crying 100 years later?

2. What is the one magic? Etherion? Eternal Magic? Life? So confused.

3. Where is Gildarts/Achnologia/Jellal?

4. And why did such an amazing backstory have such an underwhelming ending?

CrescentgenisiSep 6, 2015 9:57 PM
Sep 6, 2015 9:54 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting explanations I guess to everything, can't wait to see the reveal of Natsu's new power on his arm. Only thing that worries me is the title "Prelude to the final battle" I see for the next chapter title. It feels far too early for the "Final battles" when the other side hasn't even had much development :l
Sep 6, 2015 10:04 PM
Oct 2013
Crescentgenisi said:
My questions are:

1. How did Zeref arrive on tenroy crying 100 years later?

2. What is the one magic? Etherion? Eternal Magic? Life? So confused.

3. Where is Gildarts/Achnologia/Jellal?

4. And why did such an amazing backstory have such an underwhelming ending?

1. Zeref went to Tenru himself after Mavis died as a form of self banishment, in order to protect the world from himself, it´s only mentioned briefly though.

2. One magic isn´t Fairy heart Fairy heart≠ One magic.
For some reason Hiro doen´t use the term Mana which makes it confusing when he makes a character say, I don´t have any more magic,or in this case infinite magic, he means the characters is out of mana. For some reason he refuses to just use the term Mana like everyone else does, probably to avoid to showcase how RPG based Fairy Tail is.

Fairy Heart= infinite Mana supply=allows infinite usage of Etherion for example, as the chapter explains. It could allow Cana for example to use an infinite raining Fairy Glitter.

3.Being out of the story for convenience sake because he´d be probably imbalancing the powerscales more than he already did. His power is also fairly boring to write since it consists of 1hit Ko´s or punches./Flying around till plot demands hiim to make a move/ Is a secondary character, he´s the one who ordered Sorano/Angel, so he´ll appear when the plot demands it.Don´t forgett the focus is Fairy Tail.

4. Because it´s Hiro Mashima that´s how he usually writes his arcs, with exceptions.

IsterioSep 6, 2015 10:14 PM
Sep 6, 2015 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
Natsu's technique: Dragon of the Darkness Flame! xD

If it is anything like that, though, I will be pissed, FT or not.

--------------------

On another note, Zeref be like "I already ravaged dis shit nigz, you can haz her back." *puts on sunglasses, and walks into the distance mumbling to himself*

(I am a Zeref fan, but still)

Can't wait for next week~~
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Sep 6, 2015 10:30 PM
Jan 2015
Well, So,Fairy Heart is something within our expectation..I thought it will be more of unexpected things..

I didn't expected Gajeel will throw such a cheeky words about love xD
Sep 6, 2015 10:31 PM

Dec 2013
Natsu's new technique that will bring down Zeref will be a punch full of love.

Gajeel talking about love was kinda weird.
Sep 6, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2014
Gajeel's speech about love was surprising....

But why? Oh why did this epic backstory have such a terrible ending?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Dat Gajeel out of place "Falling in love isn't a sin" last one I expected to say that lol

Talking from experience are we now :P Levi's blush was cute.

I doubt that Mavis and Zeref have gotten over eachother yet

I wonder if Natsu's new move is related to E.N.D in anyway?
Sep 6, 2015 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Sparteh said:
Gajeel's speech about love was surprising....

But why? Oh why did this epic backstory have such a terrible ending?!

Not terrible, more like underwhelming... Well I knew something like that would happen, Hiro always gives simple explanation to stuff.
Sep 6, 2015 11:03 PM

Nov 2014
This chapter was a bit underwhelming. Based on what we got in this chapter Acnologia is really strong I wonder how they will defeat him since Zeref needs the limitless magic source to beat him.
Sep 6, 2015 11:26 PM

Nov 2013
Finally we will get to know what technique it is and why he was holding his arm always.

Didn't really care for the rest in the chapter, especially Lamejeel and his speeh.
NishiouSep 6, 2015 11:30 PM
Sep 6, 2015 11:31 PM

Aug 2014
Yuriy ain't dead bruh! His death was way to vague imo, so I think he still lives. Also Natsu's arm must have to do something with END.
Sep 6, 2015 11:40 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Finally it's time to know what happened to his arm.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 6, 2015 11:45 PM

Mar 2011
So, Hades coming in contact with eternity magic inspired him to go after the one magic. And the reason this happened was because of pure coincidence that he was standing in front of the guild at that momment all alone. Could have just as well been someone else....

And they had a ressurection lachryma crystal in the basement just in case......

And Zeref didn't feel that Mavis was alive?

And Eternity magic just popped up in the basement? Conveniently after Zeref went away and not right in front of him. I get that the explanation will be something along the lines of love and friendship that created eternity magic but...bleh....

And fairy heart being your standard infinite ammo is incredibly anti-climactic.

Are the dragons even relevant at this point?

And even though Natsu's secret right-arm technique is relevant to END(no doubt) the way he presents it is.....reminiscent of....well...everything that is wrong with Natsu. "Dont worry, I'm natsu, I got this."(Is anybody going to slap him in the face and say "He's Zeref you know, no you don't got this." ?)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 6, 2015 11:48 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, Fairy Heart.. the infinite magic, so powerful
Sep 6, 2015 11:57 PM
Oct 2013
FinksGhost said:
Yuriy ain't dead bruh! His death was way to vague imo, so I think he still lives. Also Natsu's arm must have to do something with END.

Already called that shit.

Kanic said:

And they had a ressurection lachryma crystal in the basement just in case...

It´s Fairy tail why surprised?

Kanic said:
And Zeref didn't feel that Mavis was alive?

Natsu was probably treated the same way, called that shit a while back,(Natsu never was fully "dead)".

Kanic said:

And Eternity magic just popped up in the basement? Conveniently after Zeref went away and not right in front of him. I get that the explanation will be something along the lines of love and friendship that created eternity magic but...bleh....

It´s Fairy tail it tends to excite and then fall flat on it´s nose.
Kanic said:

And fairy heart being your standard infinite ammo is incredibly anti-climactic

Read the point above.
Kanic said:

Are the dragons even relevant at this point?

Yes when we find out that Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, Sting and Rogue are orphans from 400 years in the past, with altered memories.

Gonna drink the salty tears of everybody whose gonna be mad at that Yuri retcon.
IsterioSep 7, 2015 12:11 AM
Sep 7, 2015 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
Is Acnologia really that strong?
Sep 7, 2015 12:39 AM

Jun 2013
Behemoth11 said:

Well he can shift into a dragon, and dragons are pretty op in the ft verse.
Sep 7, 2015 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
Loved the chapter but hated how Zeref dropped Mavis' body like it was a pile of garbage.
Also judging by the name of the next chapter "prelude to the FINAL battle" its most likely both acnologia and Zeref will be taken down this arc, concluding FT. But I really hope that I'm wrong.
Sep 7, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2014
Rothlori said:
Loved the chapter but hated how Zeref dropped Mavis' body like it was a pile of garbage.
Also judging by the name of the next chapter "prelude to the FINAL battle" its most likely both acnologia and Zeref will be taken down this arc, concluding FT. But I really hope that I'm wrong.

yeah the title for the next chapter does make it seem like it will be the final battle in FT, but I hope it's just the final battle with the spriggan 12 for this arc. I hope at least Acnologia fight gets its own separate arc.
Sep 7, 2015 1:06 AM

Mar 2012
Santoryu_XBurner said:

"Strong Ass Fire Dragon Magic", he's probably gonna say something like that, I don't believe he's been developing shit.
Sep 7, 2015 1:26 AM

Mar 2013
At least we're going to get info on natsu's arm. Looking forward to it. However, this technique better be legit. People spent literally their whole lives trying to find ways to destroy the IMMORTAL Zeref, and now natsu came up with something that could defeat him within a year? :/

Unless it has something to do with him being END or it took really special intense specific training then I'm not buying it.

Overall, cool chapter and nice flashback arc. Hoping Mavis will help with the battle if she's the fairy tactician. And now the answer to what fairy heart is finally revealed. I also feel a little bad for hades, spent his whole time trying to revive Mavis.
sweet5Sep 7, 2015 1:38 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sep 7, 2015 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
b1GZZ said:
Santoryu_XBurner said:

"Strong Ass Fire Dragon Magic", he's probably gonna say something like that, I don't believe he's been developing shit.

That could happen lol But if he did develop something make sense, since he had a year to think about stuff, his whole purpose was to get stronger. I believe it might have something to do with dragonification.
Sep 7, 2015 1:44 AM

Aug 2012
Hmmm finally time to see what Natsu's been up to with that arm all bandaged up.
Sep 7, 2015 1:47 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
b1GZZ said:

That could happen lol But if he did develop something make sense, since he had a year to think about stuff, his whole purpose was to get stronger. I believe it might have something to do with dragonification.

Would it piss you off if it turns out that Natsu is a demon slayer now?

Reasons for the likelyhood of this, Natsu witnessed Gray perfoming this type of magic. Gray got it given by his father ,they are rivals and the last enemies the faced who initiated Natsu´s training session were demons.
Making it possible for Natsu to crave for such an ability.
Silver selftaught himself Demon slayer magic.
Zeref claimed that Natsu is the only one who can kill him. Not sure if he said it towards Natsu.
It wouldn´t be difficult to make Natsu read some ancient book Gildarts found to teach him demon slaying magic.

This is Hiro Mashima so Natsu is probably just shittalking
Sep 7, 2015 2:07 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:

Would it piss you off if it turns out that Natsu is a demon slayer now?

Reasons for the likelyhood of this, Natsu witnessed Gray perfoming this type of magic. Gray got it given by his father ,they are rivals and the last enemies the faced who initiated Natsu´s training session were demons.
Making it possible for Natsu to crave for such an ability.
Silver selftaught himself Demon slayer magic.
Zeref claimed that Natsu is the only one who can kill him. Not sure if he said it towards Natsu.
It wouldn´t be difficult to make Natsu read some ancient book Gildarts found to teach him demon slaying magic.

This is Hiro Mashima so Natsu is probably just shittalking

When Silver said he self taught devil slayer, pretty sure he learn it from a book or something... same with Chelia, she learned god slaying magic from a book... Orga too probably.

I don't think Natsu fought demons in his training, but if he reveals what he's hiding under those bandages, we might get to see what he did in his training...

I still don't think it's possible for him to learn another magic like that... There are people in the FT verse who have 2 different kind of magic, but they're not alike, as in not slayer based magic or something like that. Mira has her satan soul but can also transform. Panther Lily can use aria (the wings exceeds use to fly) and can tranform into a muscular version of him etc... Natsu basically needs to learn 2 lost magics... I don't see that happening. Even Ultear knows a lost magic but knows ice make magic as well... see where I'm getting at?
Sep 7, 2015 2:11 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

When Silver said he self taught devil slayer, pretty sure he learn it from a book or something... same with Chelia, she learned god slaying magic from a book... Orga too probably.

I don't think Natsu fought demons in his training, but if he reveals what he's hiding under those bandages, we might get to see what he did in his training...

I still don't think it's possible for him to learn another magic like that... There are people in the FT verse who have 2 different kind of magic, but they're not alike, as in not slayer based magic or something like that. Mira has her satan soul but can also transform. Panther Lily can use aria (the wings exceeds use to fly) and can tranform into a muscular version of him etc... Natsu basically needs to learn 2 lost magics... I don't see that happening. Even Ultear knows a lost magic but knows ice make magic as well... see where I'm getting at?

Let me ask you then, what would be a satisfying answer to you?
I definetely would hate the kick ass magic, but it´s Hiro and anything goes.

Demon Slayer magic could somewhat be explained, what would your approach/prediction be?
Sep 7, 2015 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

Let me ask you then, what would be a satisfying answer to you?
I definetely would hate the kick ass magic, but it´s Hiro and anything goes.

Demon Slayer magic could somewhat be explained, what would your approach/prediction be?

If it's explained I wouldn't mind, but if it's like "Random ass magic" or something I'll probably dislike it.
Sep 7, 2015 2:23 AM

Sep 2014
Flashbacks were pretty decent.
Gajeel talking about love :o
Wonder what Natsu's got up his sleeve...
Hope the fight with acnologia/zeref will be a good one.
Sep 7, 2015 2:57 AM

Jun 2013
Gajeel outta nowhere LOL
Sep 7, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Interesting explanations I guess to everything, can't wait to see the reveal of Natsu's new power on his arm. Only thing that worries me is the title "Prelude to the final battle" I see for the next chapter title. It feels far too early for the "Final battles" when the other side hasn't even had much development :l

It's probably just the final battle for Zeref
lienleaf said:
After having read Fairy Tail Zero, chapter 11, page 13, i highly, doubt Yuriy being killed miserably offstage.

He's dead. Let him rest in peace with Rita.
FinksGhost said:

Let the guy rest in peace. Precht didn't even tell him why Rita died and if he didn't there was no way Yuri would find out so there is NO reason why he'd be alive. Let the dead rest for fuck's sake

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADSep 17, 2015 2:02 PM
Sep 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

It's probably just the final battle for Zeref

Yeah, most likely we will have Gray finding out who Natsu is, Zeref going to the good guys side and the focus shifting towards w/e god thing that cursed them.
Sep 7, 2015 4:27 AM

Jun 2013
...Precht....You were good man before you fell...it is pity.

Eternity Magic...O__O OK even the Name sounds freaking awesome...Everlasting Magic!?! O__O THAT IS A FREAKING MANA SOURCE!?!?!!?!?
NO F**KING WONDER THAT SPRIGGAN WANTS IT!!!

Oh Gajeel...you are romatic...are you realizing Levi's feelings? XD
Oh Mavis....It has so long time that you have forgotten Spirit of your Guild? ;D Like Freaking Hell will they give you up!!! FT IS FAMILY!!! XD

And Natsu has developing New Technique!? Finally are going to see that Mysterious Right Arm SOON!!!
JarjaxleSep 7, 2015 4:39 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 7, 2015 4:38 AM

Mar 2014
Behemoth11 said:
Considering he took over the world in FRogue's timelines, he's obviously the strongest introduced character.
Sep 7, 2015 4:45 AM

Feb 2012
Lol the way he throw her on the ground, I guess Mavis got dumped.

I like the title for the next chap.
Sep 7, 2015 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
Natsu says that he's going to defeat Zeref, but he still doens't know that he's really the one who can destroy him. can't wait to see how is he going to react to that..

Sep 7, 2015 5:11 AM
May 2015
Guys Natsu figured out how to defeat Zeref in 1 year while training to defeat Acnologia.

Jellal has been trying to figure out ways to defeat Zeref for 8 years and Natsu has accomplished this in 1 year.

Hiro just took a steaming sh*t on Jellal and his quest for redemption.
Sep 7, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
mayhem1994 said:
Guys Natsu figured out how to defeat Zeref in 1 year while training to defeat Acnologia.

Jellal has been trying to figure out ways to defeat Zeref for 8 years and Natsu has accomplished this in 1 year.

Hiro just took a steaming sh*t on Jellal and his quest for redemption.

Nah because we don't know if his technique will or won't kill him.
Sep 7, 2015 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
I am a bit disappointed how story between Zeref and Mavis ended. I think it would have been awesome if Zeref himself did something to save Mavis, this way it felt anti-climatic. I am not saying it is illogical, story is rounded very well, I am just saying that it was disappointing. Not exactly how I wanted story to end between Zeref and Mavis.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 7, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2008
Dimitrije1606 said:
I am a bit disappointed how story between Zeref and Mavis ended. I think it would have been awesome if Zeref himself did something to save Mavis, this way it felt anti-climatic. I am not saying it is illogical, story is rounded very well, I am just saying that it was disappointing. Not exactly how I wanted story to end between Zeref and Mavis.

Mavis' death broke whatever weas left of Zeref's mind. I don't really see how it could go any other way
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.