Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2008 1:27 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
01. I didn't expect Zoro to regain consciousness that quickly. I thought that he would be immobilized until they reach the next island.
02. Lol at Franky. He's too super for Lola.
03. Brooke can bleed? xD

Seems like Merman Island will be put on hold for the time being. I really wasn't expecting Oda-sensei to resolve the story behind the paper Ace gave Luffy.
Feb 22, 2008 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
Finally we get to see the story move forward. Those flashbacks for Brooke were really boring.

Feb 22, 2008 2:40 PM

May 2007
Avarice said:
01. I didn't expect Zoro to regain consciousness that quickly. I thought that he would be immobilized until they reach the next island.
02. Lol at Franky. He's too super for Lola.
03. Brooke can bleed? xD

Seems like Merman Island will be put on hold for the time being. I really wasn't expecting Oda-sensei to resolve the story behind the paper Ace gave Luffy.

Zoro is inhuman. Enough said. :)

Haha, Brook CAN bleed. That's pretty funny. And finally, he formally announced his acceptance to the crew. Sanji finally has someone else to discuss women with. Haha. I wonder how the rest of the world will react to him. Haha.

Ace must be in pretty bad shape in WG custody if the Bibli-card is in that bad of a shape. I'm worried about it now. I'm thinking that Impel Down and Merman Island are going to be closely related in the storyline...like one leads to the other or something of the sort. That's probably why Oda brought up that paper from Ace (which I had totally forgotten about till he mentioned it again) at this point in the story. But Brook's bounty at 33,000,000. Not bad. Places him behind Franky and above Sogeking. ^_^

VK11Feb 22, 2008 2:45 PM
Feb 22, 2008 2:45 PM
Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:

Ace must be in pretty bad shape in WG custody if the Bibli-card is in that bad of a shape. I'm worried about it now. I'm thinking that Impel Down and Merman Island are going to be closely related in the storyline...like one leads to the other or something of the sort. That's probably why Oda brought up that paper from Ace (which I had totally forgotten about till he mentioned it again) at this point in the story. But Brook's bounty at 33,000,000. Not bad. Places him behind Franky and above Sogeking. ^_^

Ace must be in some sort of Maximum Security cell with 100 seastones in the vicinity to make sure that he has no chance to escape. I agree about Merman Island and Impel down being closely related. it should be interesting how Oda-sensei pulls this off. The SH collective bounty is 700 million.......and 50 beli. xD
Feb 22, 2008 2:47 PM

Aug 2007
Poor Ace he is probably dying or being tortured. Well now we know the card that Ace gave Luffy is called Biblicard.

Whooo Brooks joined.

45 Degrees!
Feb 22, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
Man are we gonna get impel down? Think of the awesome possibilities. Maybe we get some cameo's from old badguys!

It was great to finally know what that piece of paper Ace gave Luffy was. Did Oda really plan this far ahead?
Anyways seems Thriller Bark is now completely over. What a ride!

Oh and Mermaids don't wear panties <3
Feb 22, 2008 2:54 PM
Nov 2007
Yeah wow allot happened in this chapter...But i guess their finally going to get off Triller Bark then in the next chapter, well just have to see where they go off to though...XD
Feb 22, 2008 3:18 PM
Sep 2007
Time to rescue Ace!!
Hi
Feb 22, 2008 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
Dang, Ace is my favorite character ><!
Feb 22, 2008 4:40 PM

May 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Whooo Brooks joined.

45 Degrees!

Word!! <3

Oh and finally the mystery behind the piece of paper Ace gave Luffy back in Alabasta Arc is revealed. I totally forgot about it as well. I have no idea what is going to happen next week, it's either Merman Island or Impel Down... thought they might really be connected in the end. I can't wait.
I also wanna know what makes Ace suffer so badly. ;[

With that being said, Thriller Bark was an amazing arc which only Oda can pull off. Goodbye zombie island~

Feb 23, 2008 12:25 AM

Oct 2007
NoyaChan said:

With that being said, Thriller Bark was an amazing arc which only Oda can pull off. Goodbye zombie island~

ha , byebye to zombie island , and say hello to impel down / mermaid island :D .
oda is amazing o_o .
im actually quite amazed that luffy actually kept the paper, and under his straw hat ._.' .
Feb 23, 2008 3:53 AM

Jun 2007
AHMAA said:
NoyaChan said:

ha , byebye to zombie island , and say hello to impel down / mermaid island :D .
oda is amazing o_o .
im actually quite amazed that luffy actually kept the paper, and under his straw hat ._.' .

Nami sewed it in I believe.
Feb 23, 2008 11:20 AM
Nov 2007
lol well Luffy can be more serious...sometimes....and outside fighting too yeah...
Feb 23, 2008 2:22 PM

Sep 2007
45 degrees. Too awesome for words.

Brook is a member of the crew, Zoro is awake, and now we're off to the next adventure. A mostly fun chapter, with some seriousness thrown in. I wonder what Luffy will do about Ace...
Feb 23, 2008 9:32 PM

Oct 2007
oh shit ace! DDDD:
Looks like we're finally gonna find out what happened with him...

45 degrees!!
Feb 27, 2008 9:56 AM

Oct 2007
Rescue ACE time!!! lovely new arc coming our way!!!

Also biblicard is useful.... But if the wrong person gets it, they can really track you down...
Sep 29, 2010 5:13 AM

Oct 2008
Oh so now I know the reason behind that paper.

But.. I HOPE ACE IS OKAY D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
I heard an interesting thing about Lola. She might be Big Moma's daughter.
Aug 17, 2014 12:46 PM
Oct 2011
Achmedinian said:
I heard an interesting thing about Lola. She might be Big Moma's daughter.
Are you aware that Big Mom's name hasn't been mentioned yet? Since what you said is still just a rumor I guess it might be ok, but still bringing up a new character COULD count as a spoiler
Apr 18, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2014
Brook joined!!! That was an awesome chapter!
Lol, Brook's 45 degrees. Oh and the grave for the Rumbar Pirates was nice.
Zoro is up, hope he is better now.
Haha, Sanji and Brook getting a nosebleed from finding out that mermaids don't wear any panties... I don't think they heard Robin breaking the bad news, lol.
But damn, so Ace is nearly dying?! Oda-sensei is truly amazing, that Vivre Card was given to Luffy in Alabasta and now we find out what it actually!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jun 11, 2017 3:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad news to Luffy!!!
Dec 22, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2013
Brook is the new member!
Ace is dying????
Oct 16, 2019 3:35 AM
Mar 2019
Great saga. Speaking humor-wise I think it's the best by far
May 5, 2020 3:30 AM

Jun 2017
Ahh so now that explained it! When Brook's captain departed due to illness, he was the one who took over and became captain! I was confused at first because when Brook first met the straw hat pirates, he introduced himself as the captain of Rumbar Pirates. But then on the previous chapter, Brook was serving a captain. Good thing my question was answered. I thought Oda sensei might had an error. Wait what?? Oda making a mistake? NEVER!

I can't believe Zoro was still holding on Yubashiri after all this time. Well now that it's been put to rest, I wonder where will he look for another sword?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 28, 2020 8:20 AM
May 2020
So, that is why Brook didn't see Laboon that ENTIRE TIME he was a traveling pop star during the two-year time skip! He promised Laboon that he would meet him again via the same direction, Reverse Mountain.
Also, 1.) Memorial for the Rumbar Pirates
2.) Funeral of the Awesome sword Yubashri
3.) Franky gives thee best marriage rejection that Lola has probably ever heard
4.) We learn about Vivre Cards
5.) ACE!!!😱😰😭
Sep 24, 2022 7:45 PM

May 2021
Lola just casually dropping bombshells like that.

Dec 1, 2022 8:57 PM

Aug 2021
the ending of this arc was fantastic. it had its ups and downs throughout but it definitely capitalized at the end and had a lot of great worldbuilding and reveals to set up what's to come
Apr 6, 2023 11:36 AM
Oct 12, 2023 2:43 AM

Jan 2021
Brook is officially a member of the StrawHat pirates!!! I'm so excited for him to join along in our adventures!!!

Franky making a grave for the Rumbar Pirates was nice, also Brook and Zoro's conversation there was nice, I love when Zoro does just anything lol he's just such a good character

Also Zoro is just AWESOME!!! he took all of Luffy's pain and is awake already!?

Also Lola teaches us about "Vivre Cards" which is a piece of paper ripped from a bigger piece that will attract itself back so you can always find whoever gave you it, so that's what Ace gave Luffy! but the paper is fading/burning which means Ace's life is fading!!! NOOO!!! Is he being tortured in prison!?!?!

Also Lola spoke about her mum from the new world, I wonder if she'll be important because obviously Lola is already a captain so I wonder who her mum is

I really loved Thriller Bark! especially near the end with everything that happened!!! also Brooks' story and his character in general is just amazing!

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.