Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
Best anime ever! If you haven't seen it you're missing out :3

By the way this thread refers to both Ashita no Joe and Ashita no Joe 2

Mod Note: Moved from general Anime Discussion.
rodacAug 26, 2015 9:58 PM
Aug 26, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2011
Haven't seen Ashita no Joe 2 yet. I love the first series, it's fantastic. Maybe they cry a little too much, but pretty much everything else about it is great.

I think im gonna read the manga soon.
Aug 26, 2015 12:30 PM
Nov 2014
Awesome show, I'm glad it has a small fanbase though. It doesn't deserve to have mindless fools worshipping the show and bringing bad name towards the series overall.
Aug 26, 2015 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
BruceLad said:
Awesome show, I'm glad it has a small fanbase though. It doesn't deserve to have mindless fools worshipping the show and bringing bad name towards the series overall.

People with this sort of mentality should be taken on a pedestal and garlanded
Aug 26, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
BruceLad said:
Well the size of its fanbase is likely do to its age tbh and the fact it was just finished subbed a few months back.
Aug 26, 2015 12:33 PM

Feb 2015
Chrisereum said:
BruceLad said:

Why? i think he didnt said anyting not normal. He simply wants it to stay as much less toxic as possible due to people clashing amoung each other and make series infamous in process.

Also by mindless he probably meant that more popular = more interest but more posers without any actual thoughts when you ask them about show liking because it because trend and
current(in this scenario) cool factor , nothing worse then that simple.
ExowaveAug 26, 2015 12:40 PM
Aug 26, 2015 12:37 PM

Oct 2010
BruceLad said:

Thanks, I was trying to find another excuse to keep postponing the viewing. Not making its small and perfect fanbase bigger sounds better than my usual "too many episodes" reason.
Aug 26, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
jal90 said:
BruceLad said:

Thanks, I was trying to find another excuse to keep postponing the viewing. Not making its small and perfect fanbase bigger sounds better than my usual "too many episodes" reason.

Your loss m8
Aug 26, 2015 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
Exowave said:
Chrisereum said:

Why? i think he didnt said anyting not normal. He simply wants it to stay as less as toxic as possible due to people clashing amoung each other and make series infamous in process.

Yeah if it is indeed good enough ,no matter how many people watch it it will still remain good.Discussions are only a part of it.What you are mentioning are hatred towards certain anime sheerly because it has become :
a) a growing trend because it seems "cool"
b)somehow becomes more popular than their favorite anime.

If the show is indeed good,then you can just shake your head,laugh at those threads and move on.

More people watching it equates to more people appreciating it and more discussion being brought forth.Now if you want to take trolls seriously,then thats a different thing.
Aug 26, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2010
Good show. Rikishii is the rival character other manga/anime should aspire to match and Joe recently became one of my favorite characters. It's consistently good once the prison arc starts, and there's little mishaps.

It's only really held back by its animation. 2 looks really good, and has some of Dezaki's trademarks I was missing in the first one.
Aug 26, 2015 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
BruceLad said:

Thank man, now I avoid this show with a legit response becausing watching this show might ruin a perfect fanbase.
Aug 26, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
Heh, that one sentence makes the fanbase far from perfect.
Aug 26, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
TonyTheme said:
Good show. Rikishii is the rival character other manga/anime should aspire to match and Joe recently became one of my favorite characters. It's consistently good once the prison arc starts, and there's little mishaps.

It's only really held back by its animation. 2 looks really good, and has some of Dezaki's trademarks I was missing in the first one.

The animation was extremely good for its time and fit the gritty atmosphere of the show.
Aug 26, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
Poltergeist18 said:
How so?
Aug 26, 2015 12:59 PM

Aug 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
Poltergeist18 said:
How so?

Saying stuff like "a good show doesn't need more recognition because the fanbase will have possible shitheads coming with it" will leave a bad image of at least a part of the fanbase to those that haven't watched it.
A good show always needs more recognition, you don't even have to pay attention to what kind of people like it.
Aug 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
Poltergeist18 said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
How so?

Saying stuff like "a good show doesn't need more recognition because the fanbase will have possible shitheads coming with it" will leave a bad image of at least a part of the fanbase to those that haven't watched it.
A good show always needs more recognition, you don't even have to pay attention to what kind of people like it.
I mean how does one person's input have such an effect on the entire fanbase.
Aug 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2011
Don't know about you people, but i don't really care about the fanbase at all. I just watch what i think is good. Ashita no Joe is a good show and that's all that matters.
Aug 26, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
Poltergeist18 said:

I mean how does one person's input have such an effect on the entire fanbase.

Heh, when you say "such an effect", it makes it sound like it's a big effect to me. Maybe I'm taking things the wrong way.
It's a small effect, but one fan is still a part of the fanbase and if it's even just one fan sticking out with sentences like that, it can't be called a perfect fanbase and someone's view on just a tiny part of it being distorted because of it can't be a good thing for the fans too if they think their show needs more love.
Aug 26, 2015 2:08 PM
May 2015
It was a great story, both in manga and anime.

The only issue I have with is the ending. [spoiler]I wish Joe hadn't died for the sake of drama, but I guess he had accomplished his goal of being a champion and had nothing left to live for, and also the writer Ikki Kajiwara seems to have preferred sports dramas.[spoiler]
Aug 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
TerriccotaPie said:
Don't know about you people, but i don't really care about the fanbase at all. I just watch what i think is good. Ashita no Joe is a good show and that's all that matters.

Yeah, after all, Ashita no Joe is so captivating that you would eventually forget about the fanbase and all those silly preconceptions and just enjoy the show.
Aug 26, 2015 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
Lancehot said:
Saw the live action film. It wasn't very good. Joe just seemed like a bit of a cocky prick & Rikiishi as the 1 guy in the cast who could act & had a semblance of a character arc.

That's a piss poor adaption though. Doesn't take from the masterpiece that is the anime.
Aug 26, 2015 2:43 PM
Aug 2015
it's still better than most sport anime out there but still can't top ippo
Aug 26, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
mysubjectivelist said:
it's still better than most sport anime out there but still can't top ippo
ANJ is art. Ippo is just a really well executed fun shounen.
Aug 26, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2011
Too much Joe, too little Rikiishi.
Aug 26, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
Kinnikuman is the best tho
Aug 26, 2015 6:51 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I really want to know what would happen to Joe and Rikiishi....

And also what would happen if....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 26, 2015 7:13 PM

Nov 2013
It's decent series, but Joe is just stupid.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 26, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
Godhood said:
very generic story that has been told many times already
Have you watched it?

OT: Hmm, currently I don't have any impending plans to watch AnJ. It's not because of it's age or because of the animation, but the episode count is rather intimidating. I may read the manga though, since that's usually faster and I've heard that Joe is a great character.
Aug 26, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2013
Haven't seen it. Probably never will, because I will always think of how Ippo was better.

May 2012
tadake tadake!! JOE!!
(i've still finished it yet, but i love it)
sorry for my bad English

Jan 2014
What is that.

May 2012
Disonata said:
Haven't seen it. Probably never will, because I will always think of how Ippo was better.

if you will watch Ashita no Joe, you'll probably love it ;)
sorry for my bad English
Aug 26, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2012
Ghiffaris said:
It's decent series, but Joe is just stupid.
Wouldn't really say stupid, he's just ill-mannered and short tempered individual, and that's because of the way he grew up and one of the great aspects of the story is how boxing changes him as a person. Though I gotta admit, I always loved it whenever Joe went berserk and started to fuck people up
Aug 26, 2015 8:23 PM

Aug 2007
Joe isn't stupid, he's a hothead delinquent who's never had any guidance or parental figures in his life, and lives in poverty. He's angry at his life and his surroundings and doesn't know how to properly cope with it until later on.

It's not surprising to see someone from a background like that not always act calm, composed and mature.

May 25, 2016 7:08 AM

Apr 2014
Rievlyne said:

Did we watch the same series? Joe has grown and matured a lot. At first he was just a casual street punk with no home and no purpose in life and in the end he is fighting the strongest boxer in the world for the world title.

You're asking yourself how he comes up with all those clever ideas? Usually each hardship a person survives makes him stronger. Joe ran from an orphanage when he was just a child and has been wandering alone ever since. Instead of browsing through MAL forums, he was thinking about where to get food and where to spend the night.
themanualreader@proton.me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Be4st - Jul 6, 2013

106 by ItzElite »»
Mar 30, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 46 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Mar 31, 2015

15 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 45 Discussion

20 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 44 Discussion

Karusan - Jan 7, 2014

32 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 43 Discussion

14 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.