Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 25, 2015 4:51 PM
Jan 2014
hi hi hi hi hi hi hih ih
FieryFightMay 22, 2016 7:10 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2015 4:53 PM

Mar 2015
isn't there is upcoming movie?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 25, 2015 5:01 PM

Mar 2015
HighKing77 said:
absentminded said:
A film came out, as I said, less than a week ago. Is that the one you're talking about? Or is there another?
yep, that's is not even subbed yet. let's wait that movie succes or not before talking about season 3.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 25, 2015 5:24 PM

Mar 2015
HighKing77 said:
absentminded said:
let's wait that movie succes or not before talking about season 3.
That right there answers my question :p
And I totally forgot about how it wouldn't be subbed yet... Any idea on when anime films typically get subbed? Normally when I see them they were subbed a long time ago.
usually 6 mounth after aired.
Aug 25, 2015 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
HighKing77 said:
absentminded said:
Woah, really? 6 months? That seems like a bit of a long time... I was thinking a month at most.It would probably be quicker to just learn japanese rofl.
Is it because it has to be released on DVD first?
yes. cam usually not subbed or not even exist except popular anime.
Aug 25, 2015 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
There's still a few more volumes that haven't been animated. Fingers crossed for a 3rd season.
Aug 25, 2015 11:31 PM

Apr 2014
RedTie47 said:
There's still a few more volumes that haven't been animated. Fingers crossed for a 3rd season.

And if ever there would be a sequel. I want AIC to animate it! (Are they on a fucking hiatus?)
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 26, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2015
HighKing77 said:
absentminded said:

A film came out, as I said, less than a week ago. Is that the one you're talking about? Or is there another?

that was meant to be 3 i think...
Aug 26, 2015 8:17 AM

May 2015
I really hope there will be. I found the second season disappointing, although the characters were still just as funny. It's a series with a lot of potential, even if it wasn't utilized. I hope they'll get over it in the third. They have to aim higher though.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 26, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
I just want my Tobiichi adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 5:18 PM

Mar 2013
I just hate the idea of this Anime. Date or they outta control. Would love to see they eliminate the harem aspect and make it more about the Spirit.
Aug 26, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
Depends on the original movie's gross.

After all, they're milking the franchise dry. It's a big possibility still.
Aug 26, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2012
HighKing77 said:
absentminded said:

Woah, really? 6 months? That seems like a bit of a long time... I was thinking a month at most.It would probably be quicker to just learn japanese rofl.
Is it because it has to be released on DVD first?

Yeah, movies take a long time. Subbers need something to work off of, and that doesn't usually happen for movies until there is a DVD or BD release of the film in Japan, which like 6 months to a year after the theatrical run. It could happen before then if, but it would be someone's horrible quality cell phone cam rip of the movie in a theatre for the video and nobody would want to watch that.

When you find a Japanese retailer posting a release date for the the DVD and BD, that date will give you a time to start looking around the net for a good subbed release. I usually use CD Japan or Amazon.co.JP as a reference.
KruszerAug 26, 2015 6:07 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 26, 2015 6:10 PM

May 2014
I really want a season three RIGHT NOW! But as others have said, we have to see how well the movie does.
Aug 26, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2015
HighKing77 said:
oreology said:
they're milking the franchise dry

A total of 23 episodes and a movie without confirmation of a third season isn't exactly "milking it dry" though is it? Unless you're talking about the magna or something?

I personally feel like SAO would be more suited to the title of "milking it". Surely that could have ended after the SAO game was shutdown?

Why release a non-canonical movie when you have enough source material for a third season?

And SAO wasn't focused on only one game(arc). Its namesake is a common misconception.
Aug 26, 2015 8:09 PM

Jun 2015
HighKing77 said:

Using non-canonical ideas for the films = more films = profit without expending source material

Like how Naruto did it. They had more than enough source material to work with but stuck with non-canonical movies so that they could increase their maximum profit. If they used source material for the films, there wouldn't be nearly enough seasons and/or films.

That is basically what you do to milk a franchise. You put on some new idea and then present it in a different manner in order to maximize profit without exhausting your main supply.

It's a low-risk / high-reward situation. It won't damage heavily the parent series if the movie turns out bad. Since the context and whole narrative is independent from its mother novel, comparison cannot be objectively made.
However, the movie is still considered to be an endorsement of the series and for the case of DAL, is to "test the waters" . If the movie turns out to be horrible enough, to the publisher or ani studio's discretion, they may decide not to pursue another adaptation.
___

Also about the movie being canon. If you're pertaining that it is written in the novels, then the answer is no.
HighKing77 said:

So none of the events in Mayuri's Judgement will be present in (if it happens) season 3?

Yes. They introduced a new Spirit in the movie which didn't existed to the novels.
Although if they plan on being unfaithful to the the books(which is unlikely), they might add her to Shidou's harem.

edit: I deleted my recent post and replaced it with this one.
oreologyAug 26, 2015 8:24 PM
Sep 1, 2015 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
Well we currently have 12 volumes with the 13th volume coming on October 15th. So season 3 can go from volume 8-11.

Although at this point I kind of afraid for it, because the Director's Cut BD box is not selling really well with only 1,031 on its first week and on the weeks after that, the BD box never reached the top 25 rankings again. The BD sales are also not that "wow" to get more love from the studio. With Date A Live II Vol. 5 selling below 5k sales.
http://myanimelist.net/news/41312505

So a chance for a season 3 is very low. Because it was not a very successful franchise in the anime world. Although I think they will use the movie's income to see if Date A Live is still profitable or not, and therefore held back a season 3 announcement, just in case Mayuri Judgement is a failure.

They have enough materials to adapt 8-11, yet they held back the announcement. So its chance got even lower to have season 3.

Also not to get your hopes up, Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement is only screened in 22 theaters across Japan. Grossing only 29 million yen on its first week (by Japanese standard, this is quite low for a measly 242k US dollar for a "quite" popular series on its first week)
http://www.someanithing.com/268

I mean wow... only 22 theaters? This is hardly profitable.

Mayuri would be sad. *insert Mayuri picture*

As for whether or not the movie will be canon, it wouldn't. Although Tachibana could insert Mayuri into her novels if the movie is successful. Because Rinne from the Date A Live: Rinne Utopia (first game) become canon at one point in the novel. Although Maria, Marina, and Rio from the 2nd and 3rd game have yet to be confirmed as canon.
DarklordVorSep 1, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 30, 2015 12:02 AM
Oct 2015
guys
where i can get the movie version in eng sub?
Oct 30, 2015 1:38 AM

Feb 2013
Don't know but if it's going to be like second season, no. thanks but no.

Oct 31, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
11Number11 said:
guys
where i can get the movie version in eng sub?

You'll probably have to wait a few months until a English sub is released.
Dec 7, 2015 10:04 PM
May 2012
Explains when that fucker Isaac Westcott gonna show up & tries to fuck shido & touka up even more?!

Anyway I heard Mayuri judgement has nothing to do with a light novel (the movie is out but not until February on BD)..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.