Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
KaoruMatsuoka said:
eromangasensei said:

hey, Kawajiri still works at madhouse! Rintaro also pops up to do OPs or segments!

If you're gonna blame someone blame Maruyama for poor commercial planning & busting money on original projects.
Was he really the sole reason Madhouse went bust, though?

I understand he was the founder and all, but if he kept making poor financial decisions, couldn't the board of directors or something step in to overrule him?

I'm no Madhouse or business expert, but I don't think the fault lies solely with Maruyama.

yeah not solely him, but maruyama contributed the most with his riskier shows that wouldnt do well commercially (he was their main producer). Redline's average performence didnt help either. Osamu dezaki & Satoshi kon also died around that time, so it was just really really bad time for them.

Z-Dante said:
eromangasensei said:

you're hating madhouse for all the wrong reasons. Plus the art quality statement is total bollocks so nice bait.
If they're the wrong reasons why madhouse is bad , may I ask what right reasons might be ?

And nope. Not baiting. Madhouse used to have bad visuals before ( or maybe that's just me being used to the godly PA and KyoAni visuals ) . Maybe they're improving recently along with the whole industry.

in mahouka's case they were only hired to do animation, no control over creative staff.

They dont have a say on sequels either, unless it's their in-house production or original, like chihayafuru. (in ngnl mh wasnt even on production committee)

I've always found their art - animation quality to be above average compared to other studios, so cant say much about that.
JetNoirJan 25, 2016 9:09 AM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 25, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2015
KaoruMatsuoka said:
A-1 Pictures.

They can hardly be called a studio. It's like they're a McDonald's assembly line, cranking out the McDonald's of anime: cheap stuff that looks good on the surface but is actually utter garbage. They're like 90% contractor, too.
just slightly remember one of your favorites is A-1.

seriously,
ZECHS96 said:
Polygon pictures, ajin/ knights of sidonia, there cgi looks horrible
polygon pictures have better cgi than most animation studio out there (including sanzigen).
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 25, 2016 6:37 PM

Sep 2015
Every other studio > A bag of shit > DEEN.

Everything that DEEN touches is adapted like shit, is written like shit and looks like shit. The art and animation are atrocious, with tons of quality.

Plus, I'll never forgive them for that Umineko adaptation. NEVER.

You just lost the game
Jan 25, 2016 7:06 PM

May 2015
Kuma said:
KaoruMatsuoka said:
A-1 Pictures.

They can hardly be called a studio. It's like they're a McDonald's assembly line, cranking out the McDonald's of anime: cheap stuff that looks good on the surface but is actually utter garbage. They're like 90% contractor, too.
just slightly remember one of your favorites is A-1
Just because they're a bad studio doesn't mean they can't have one good show. They put out so much stuff there had to be one that wasn't crap.
Jan 25, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2015
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Kuma said:
just slightly remember one of your favorites is A-1
Just because they're a bad studio doesn't mean they can't have one good show. They put out so much stuff there had to be one that wasn't crap.
ehh, there "crap" is subjective. i would admit that A-1 has variative appealing so one can be liked, one can be hated. but i don't see them are "extreamly" bad studios. at least their adaptation is decent. they have pretty good animation and appealing art style. i don't understadn why people blame a studio if their work is for adapting the source.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 25, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2016
Studio TNK....

Even High School DXD can't save them from my eyes, for creating SChool DAys. It doesn't also help that the other stuff I've watched from them are either average or shows that I've dropped.
Jan 25, 2016 11:31 PM

Apr 2013
While I rated some shows of them quite high, Toei is still the worst animation studio.
Jan 26, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2014
They only adapt already popular LNs / Manga.
How is that a bad thing? I can't really blame them for trying, considering how half of the Japanese anime fanbase hates their guts because "not enough moe lolis uguuu" and "it's pandering to the West"
And yet , they sometime totally butchers the show. ( Eg: Mahouka ).
The popularity of a source material and whether a show butches a show or not are two completely different things and thus your comparison makes no sense

Besides, Mahouka was trash from the very beginning
No matter how much popular their shows gets / how next they sells, They never releases a sequel.
It's not their fault if the production committee members are a bunch of idiots
Crappy art quality compared to other well known studios.
Not MoeAni and uFo quality does not equal bad quality

Besides, I'd rather take variety and above average quality
over "same shit, different toilet"
any day of the year
Over-Westernizing almost all their shows. ( name one of their op which isn't Half-Engrish) .
I didn't know that having an OP song being sung in a foreign language meant that the rest of the show was over foreigned
These are few of the reasons why I can't like madhouse. If they release a good NGNL sequel , I'll gladly accept them as a great studio.
That doesn't make sense
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 26, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
Thread Cleaned

Removed spam, and other off-topic posts that didn't contribute to the discussion.
Jan 26, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
cant really think of a bad studio

if u say bad studio u gotta talk about how they adapt and animate things as well as operate

toei, deen, perriot stood the test of time and are one of the oldest studios out there to consistently produce anime.

u cant really say madhouse, shaft, kyoani, or jc staff is bad because they have produced many high quality series.

now whether u like or hate the studio thats another story but "worst" studio is a bit or a crazy statement. people have to realize that not everything is pandering or catering to their needs.

if a studio just makes ecchi or just makes kids show it doesnt mean they are a bad studio they just cater to their demographics which u are or arent a part of.
Jan 26, 2016 8:22 AM

May 2015
Everyone without exception has animes studies that deviated from the source material, and other anime that adapted well.
For example madhouse maladaptive: btooom, No Game No Life, claymore, ichigo 100%, overlord, mahouka, mahou senson, card captor sakura, etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2015
moodie said:

if u say bad studio u gotta talk about how they adapt and animate things as well as operate

toei, deen, perriot stood the test of time and are one of the oldest studios out there to consistently produce anime.

u cant really say madhouse, shaft, kyoani, or jc staff is bad because they have produced many high quality series.

now whether u like or hate the studio thats another story but "worst" studio is a bit or a crazy statement. people have to realize that not everything is pandering or catering to their needs.

if a studio just makes ecchi or just makes kids show it doesnt mean they are a bad studio they just cater to their demographics which u are or arent a part of.

madhouse, shaft, kyoani, or jc staff Also has animes maladaptive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
Seky said:
moodie said:

madhouse, shaft, kyoani, or jc staff Also has animes maladaptive.
of course

but having some bad anime doesnt make u a bad studio

and having some good anime doesnt make u a good studio

not saying all studios are good but "worst" is a reach

id be lying if i said i love every anime i seen by x y or z studio
Jan 26, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Why does no one say Idea Factory?! They produced both Mars of Destruction AND Skelter+Heaven.

Edit: They only have 2 shows that have a score above the 5.5
Jan 26, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2015
Tokyo Ghoul has good adaptation not skip anything important in the first season and the second season is an original story. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825

Pierrot has good adaptations as The Twelve Kingdoms, Detective School Q, Tegami Bachi, Level E, Sabagebu, Hanasakeru Seishōnen, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.
Jan 26, 2016 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
there's no such thing as a bad studio,all of them are good in their own way
Jan 26, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2015
Nagirah said:
Seky said:
Tokyo Ghoul has good adaptation

I think I just triggered, goodbye.

But for real though, I don't think many tokyo ghoul fans would call even the first season's adaptation "good" and just because the second season is anime original doesn't excuse it from being complete garbage.

The thing about Tokyo Ghoul is that many who read his manga are rookies. They not know that most anime things are skipped. The important thing is to follow the plot. In all new anime season I see that things are missed or poorly adapted.Tokyo Ghoul regarding the second season, it is a matter of taste to my taste and I understood.
PS: Read the manga Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Jan 26, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
Seky said:
Tokyo Ghoul has good adaptation
Sorry, but no, that is just wrong, wrong and once again wrong

I hate the manga as well but even I can see that it's the better of the bunch

Pierrot took something that already was shit and made it 100 times worse

And I'm not even going to talk about what I think about Tokyo Phoul √A
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 26, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
The guys at Idea Factory have to be one of the worst, since they're the ones behind the crap that is Mars of Destruction.

Pierrot... ehhhh.

DEEN can be okay or shit, depending on the show. On occasion their art and animation ain't so bad, and at others, its an offmodel atrocity, but it all depends on the adaption.
Jan 26, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
dizzyur said:
DEEN can be okay or shit, depending on the show. On occasion their art and animation ain't so bad, and at others, its an offmodel atrocity, but it all depends on the adaption.
DEEN are far from being the best studio but they're way too overhated

They deserve a lot of credit for producing so many BL TV series

BL haters gonna hate
Nico- said:
Jan 26, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2015
Fucking cancerrot. They destroy all they touch.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 26, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
kyoto animation
they have only boring/plotless anime
Jan 26, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2015
tragedydesu said:
kyoto animation
they have only boring/plotless anime
funny enough, one of their works that has very obvious plot (full metal panic) considered boring, when their plotless spin-off (FMP: fumoffu) considered better than it parent stories.
Jan 26, 2016 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
Every studio has strong shows and weak ones.

That said, Idea Factory is totally the worst and you'll need a mountain of evidence (that doesn't exist) to prove me otherwise.
Jan 26, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2014
Studio Deen is kinda shitty (See: Hetalia, Higurashi, Junjou Romantica, Vampire Knight, Pupa, ) I don't know a lot about other studios lol

I hate NAZ for Dangan Ronpa and DMMD, can't complain about how Space Dandy looked tho
Jan 26, 2016 6:36 PM
May 2015
Idea Factory is the spawn of Satan. Their mean score is 4.90.
"Combat, though dangerous, is quite vigorous exercise." - Curie
Jan 26, 2016 7:08 PM
Nov 2014
Go Hands by far.
In all their pathetic existence they have not done any good series...they are even worse than P.A. Works and Ufotable.
Jan 26, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Go Hands by far.
In all their pathetic existence they have not done any good series...they are even worse than P.A. Works and Ufotable.

ehh. they made seitokai yokuindomo which is pretty good. still not find any of them other than this above average.
Jan 26, 2016 7:31 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Go Hands by far.

ehh. they made seitokai yokuindomo which is pretty good. still not find any of them other than this above average.

Seitokai good?...Oh yes because only saying vulgarities without a point it's very good right?
Jan 26, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Kuma said:

Seitokai good?...Oh yes because only saying vulgarities without a point it's very good right?
you totaly miss the point of shows..
Jan 26, 2016 7:35 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:

So what was the point then?........................
Jan 26, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Kuma said:
the joke about those vulgarity. it's 4-koma manga about it. using vulgarity as core of joke. you are same like saying ecchi is bad because there is too many ass scane on there.
Jan 26, 2016 7:41 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:
the joke about those vulgarity. it's 4-koma manga about it. using vulgarity as core of joke. you are same like saying ecchi is bad because there is too many ass scane on there.

A.K.A. The point is only saying vulgarities...IT'S SO IMAGINATIVE! :D

4/10
Jan 26, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2015
A1-Pictures are probably the worst anime studio in my opinion. Rehashing the same generic light novel adaptation gets old after a while.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jan 26, 2016 7:47 PM
Nov 2014
OnTheShore said:
A1-Pictures are probably the worst anime studio in my opinion. Rehashing the same generic light novel adaptation gets old after a while.

At least they have decent animation :v (Still it's a terrible studio)
Jan 26, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Kuma said:

4/10
more imaginative than most things that considered "deep" stuff out there for sure. word play, jokes, character, you have maintance all of them. 4-koma style is not easy. you have to make story that impactful enough just in 4 panel. if you draw 8 pages, you have to make 16 stories. that's why there is rare 4-koma that has long page. so does adapt it. they can't adapt it literaly. maintance the atmosphere, re arrange the story, and make it sure the pace it not screwing the story inside it. seriously, people really need stop to underastimte stuff.
Jan 26, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
OnTheShore said:

they have baku dake just for this season. and they even have more of them.
Jan 26, 2016 7:52 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:

4/10
more imaginative than most things that considered "deep" stuff out there for sure. word play, jokes, character, you have maintance all of them. 4-koma style is not easy. you have to make story that impactful enough just in 4 panel. if you draw 8 pages, you have to make 16 stories. that's why there is rare 4-koma that has long page. so does adapt it. they can't adapt it literaly. maintance the atmosphere, re arrange the story, and make it sure the pace it not screwing the story inside it. seriously, people really need stop to underastimte stuff.

A.K.A. Its not bad because it's a 4-koma adaptation...let me guess you are a fan of OPM too, right?
Jan 26, 2016 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
P.A. Works. With that sort of animation, I wish that it'd stop using its budget for all those drama series.
Jan 26, 2016 7:53 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:

Nah, Boku Dake it's mediocre (Shinsekai Yori is great :3)
Jan 26, 2016 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:

true a-1s obviously not the worst studio lol
Jan 26, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Kuma said:
A.K.A. Its not bad because it's a 4-koma adaptation...let me guess you are a fan of OPM too, right?
it's not bad because it succesful in most point of it and acheive what it supposed to.

also what's wrong with i am being OPM fans? it has nothing to do with this argument.
Jan 26, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:

Even with its low budget, SSY is still amazing, which says something about the A-1 staff.
Jan 26, 2016 8:03 PM

Mar 2015
EvaLainGalaxy said:
Kuma said:
funny enough shinsekai yori is one of those novel adaptaon, when boku dake is manga.
Jan 26, 2016 8:08 PM

Mar 2015
yuiyuigahama said:
Kuma said:

true a-1s obviously not the worst studio lol
tbh, A-1 is not my favorite studio either (my favorite is sunrise, artland, and tetsunoko production BTW), but they are seriously far from worst.
Jan 26, 2016 8:08 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:
it's not bad because it succesful in most point of it and acheive what it supposed to.

also what's wrong with i am being OPM fans? it has nothing to do with this argument.

A.K.A. It's good because it's succesful on being vulgar 10/10

It doesn't have anything bad if you like OPM...
Jan 26, 2016 8:09 PM
Nov 2014
Kuma said:
EvaLainGalaxy said:
funny enough shinsekai yori is one of those novel adaptaon, when boku dake is manga.

In this case the novel adaptation is better than the manga adaptation...wow
Jan 26, 2016 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
Funny how people say A-1 Pictures.

Quality wise they are great, adaption wise, they are infinitely better at adapting than other studios.

Working!! alone already makes it a great studio. Not even close to the bottom.
Jan 26, 2016 8:22 PM
Nov 2014
hoopla123 said:
Funny how people say A-1 Pictures.

Quality wise they are great, adaption wise, they are infinitely better at adapting than other studios.

Working!! alone already makes it a great studio. Not even close to the bottom.

Wait...You are saying that Working is a good anime?...wow (It's a bit sad saying this because i like working! XD)
Jan 27, 2016 9:32 AM
Sep 2011
Shaft is the only anime studio that can get away with consistently airing off-model or unfinished anime without people getting upset, because it's become a trademark of them. They just have to call it a style.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

30 by FZREMAKE »»
12 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
16 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
17 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.