Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 17, 2015 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
I love this contrast between cuteness and fucked up.
Aug 17, 2015 9:18 AM

Oct 2008
Miki officially joins the School Life Club and agreed with acting along with Yuki's delusions!
The music on the scene where Miki is questioning Yuki about the existence of Megu was slowly becoming twisted until it fades of was EPIC! like dark epic!
ED this time for ep6 is different but still performed by Kurosaki Maon...which is great again!
5/5.

Aug 17, 2015 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
Sayonara Megu-nee, gonna miss you (╥﹏╥)
FlamepriesT said:
Ikr~ I almost dropped this show because of the rather much slower pace compared to Madoka's. Now I'm getting anxious about next episodes...
Aug 17, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2014
I thought it was obvious that she is dead from first 2 episodes.

Aug 17, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
FlamepriesT said:
Ikr~ I almost dropped this show because of the rather much slower pace compared to Madoka's. Now I'm getting anxious about next episodes...

Honestly...it's a stupid reason to drop an anime. Every anime has its pace, slow or fast.
Aug 17, 2015 12:57 PM
Aug 2012
Welp, honestly threw me a curve ball and I totally did not catch it before.

Now I gotta watch the past episodes to see if there were any inconsistencies.

Unfortunately, I'm too lazy for that.

RIP in peace and in pieces, Megu-nee (yes, it's intentional).
Aug 17, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
Xenocrisi said:
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

Honestly...it's a stupid reason to drop an anime. Every anime has its pace, slow or fast.

honestly, that's a stupid thing to say.
if they are not interested and/or emotionally invested in a show, they have the complete right to drop an anime and waste their time on a show they actually enjoy. or go do something else they like.

<3?

Aug 17, 2015 2:38 PM

Nov 2012
[quote=LoveChild]
Xenocrisi said:
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

But dropping a show solely because the pacing is not up to what you were expecting doesn't mean you should just straight up drop it. Of course they would have a right to drop the anime, but the problem occurs when you dropped it because there was something minor that you didn't like, like not liking a tsundere or some accident happened and someone got seriously hurt.

If there's a lot of things about an anime that you really don't like (say, Mahou Sensou, which had extremely poor delivery of story in many areas), then it would be fine to drop. But Gakkou Gurashi is exploring a genre that's not really common, the dark moe genre of some sort, and it's not doing half bad.

tl;dr - Read my signature, lol
UsaraDarkAug 17, 2015 7:00 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
UsaraDark said:
But dropping a show solely because the pacing is not up to what you were expecting doesn't mean you should just straight up drop it. Of course they would have a right to drop the anime, but the problem occurs when you dropped it because there was something minor that you didn't like, like not liking a tsundere or some accident happened and someone got seriously hurt.

If there's a lot of things about an anime that you really don't like (say, Mahou Sensou, which had extremely poor delivery of story in many areas), then it would be fine to drop. But Gakkou Gurashi is exploring a genre that's not really common, the dark moe genre of some sort, and it's not doing half bad.

tl;dr - Read my signature, lol
I think that's what makes people differ (in styles, tastes, likes/dislikes, etc). If every people like this show, score and rating will be perfect 10.0/10. People can get easily annoyed by chara's face, voice, attitudes, and prefer not to continue watching no matter how good the plot if they have to "suffer" or got urge to punch something. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people lol ~
Your sig is also one-sided because that's your opinion anyway and it seemed you try to forced it on everyone. If I have to picture myself as MC of certain anime, I would be the happiest. Have a power normal human can't, surrounded by cute girls, saving world and branded a hero, what more would you ask..!? Next why should I relate it with real life, there's nothing real it's just a show created for ENTERTAINMENT. Every show cannot entertain everybody. If you doesn't feel even a little bit entertained, why should you continue watching..!? To show that you endure and live to tell the tale, for stacking MAL completed list..!? Smh ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Tl;dr just don't read it (¬_¬)
Aug 17, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
Wait, what was that? They cut out alot of stuff from the manga. Well, that's what happens when a studio tries to make 3 shows at once.

Decent episode though, I guess Lerche was looking for a way to establish Miki's relationship with Yuki in a more simple, less tense manner.

They implicitly state Megu-nee is dead now, that took a while after all the suggestions.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Aug 17, 2015 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
I think that's what makes people differ (in styles, tastes, likes/dislikes, etc). If every people like this show, score and rating will be perfect 10.0/10. People can get easily annoyed by chara's face, voice, attitudes, and prefer not to continue watching no matter how good the plot if they have to "suffer" or got urge to punch something. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people lol ~
Your sig is also one-sided because that's your opinion anyway and it seemed you try to forced it on everyone. If I have to picture myself as MC of certain anime, I would be the happiest. Have a power normal human can't, surrounded by cute girls, saving world and branded a hero, what more would you ask..!? Next why should I relate it with real life, there's nothing real it's just a show created for ENTERTAINMENT. Every show cannot entertain everybody. If you doesn't feel even a little bit entertained, why should you continue watching..!? To show that you endure and live to tell the tale, for stacking MAL completed list..!? Smh ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Tl;dr just don't read it (¬_¬)

Sorry if I offended you with that post. I've met a good bunch of people who really fit 'this' category, so it wasn't met to apply to those who understood. I want to note that entertainment and real life are linked closely (to a degree). If they never did apply to real life in some sort of way then there would be no reason for it to be made to begin with. It's the same reason why you can create a story with a cardboard box on it's journey to find it's home.

My sig, need to reword. I can only fit so much T_T
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 18, 2015 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
Megu-nee being dead was pretty obvious but it was still sad to see it happen.
Aug 18, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Now it's sure Megu-nee is dead. Sad episode, the moment when Miki asked Yuki was incredibly well done with the dying music player and Yuki's eyes. Splendid.
Aug 18, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
So Megu was really dead, I thought so in the 1st episode, but Yuki's POV confuses me sometimes...
Aug 18, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
To those giving a negative response to Megu-nee's death reveal when it was so obvious from the first episode. It isn't necessarily a negative thing for the reveal to happen this late in the series, as the reveal wasn't for us persey, it was more for getting Miki into the consensus that Yuki has gone off the deep end. So the whole purpose of the reveal wasn't to confirm it for the viewer, it was to introduce Miki to the situation of Yuki and how she handles it. At least that's what was meant to be portrayed; I could be wrong of course :P.

As for thoughts, I thought this episode was exceedingly better than the last 2, which were still good in their own right. I hope the story actually starts progressing now, because although I like that they took the time to flesh out the backstories as much as they could, I think it's about time we stop with the flashbacks and move on with the story.

The scene with Miki and Yuki with the music player slowly running out of battery to make the music more creepy while Miki asked who Megu-nee was was a near perfect scene. I also like how they once again used the ending credits to the best of their ability. Ending credits are usually something I skip, but this is the second time they've used them to really create the atmosphere, what with Megu-nee's character slowly fading out from still images from the first and second episodes of the anime. Still maintaining my AoTS for now.
Aug 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
TokyoSanchez said:

As for thoughts, I thought this episode was exceedingly better than the last 2, which were still good in their own right. I hope the story actually starts progressing now, because although I like that they took the time to flesh out the backstories as much as they could, I think it's about time we stop with the flashbacks and move on with the story.

The story will start to pick up from now and then shit will hit the fans. Next episode should be the last moe episode
Aug 19, 2015 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
xcess090 said:
must be obvious for the minority cuz the majority was shook
Aug 19, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
so they finally confirm that megu-nee is dead but that was pretty obvious since yuki was the only one who ever fully interacted with her

but this was another good episode - the atmosphere was perfect
and despite megu-nee being dead was obvious the reveal was still well executed
Aug 19, 2015 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
Ow.....my heart.....

I fucking knew it, but I didn't want it to be true......ugh

Her fading away in the ED and preview was especially heartbreaking.
Aug 19, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
moodie said:
xcess090 said:

Do you mean episode 5? Since I would be really really surprised if the majority missed that Megu-nee's foreshadow in the 5th episode...
Aug 19, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
Ayy good episode. It was predictable but still gave me an unsettling feeling.

Overall, despite some things were left out, I still think the anime does good in changing some important parts of the manga. I like how it displayed Yuki's mental breakdown in the first episode. The episode gave a lot focus to the interactions between Yuki and her imaginary classmates which makes the revelation more impactful to me. Also the way it handled Toroumaru and Megu is really well done so far. Just few examples. All in all, it's a good adaptation though it's toned down.
ImpalaAug 19, 2015 7:04 PM
Aug 20, 2015 1:46 AM

Mar 2015
I feel like there's some kind of societal message here, the zombies with reminiscent memories who still go home at night, Miki who abandoned all else to survive, Megu-nee who was a less than ideal teacher before the incident being a pillar for the group and most of all Yuki.

We see Yuuri and Kurumi have an understanding of Yuki which looks past all the crazy. Yuki has the sheer idealism which cant ignore someone in need, when Kurumi was decapitating her lost love, when Megu-nee sacrificed herself and despite her mental state, Yuki finds the courage to head into the mob and save Miki where everyone else was hesitant.

In the end, had none of this happened, Yuki would surely just be labelled off as just another weirdo who wouldn't be able to function in society.
Aug 20, 2015 3:18 AM

Mar 2015
I knew Megu-nee was gonna die, I felt it, but I didn't expect her to be dead already. I mean, that fast? Like when exactly did she die??
Aug 20, 2015 6:55 AM

Jun 2014
alyannalouise said:
I knew Megu-nee was gonna die, I felt it, but I didn't expect her to be dead already. I mean, that fast? Like when exactly did she die??

Way before the first episode.
Aug 20, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2015
alyannalouise said:

Due to the flash back episodes it did make it a little confusing as to when she died.
To try to clarify: In the events of ep 3 (where we saw Megu-nee wake up and go to the school and then the roof with yuki, Rii and Kurumi) she was alive. She died somewhere between that episode and ep 1.
So if you wanted to watch the series in actual chronicle order it would be.
Ep 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, and now 7.

Hope that helps.
IncubusknightAug 21, 2015 7:14 AM
Aug 20, 2015 11:47 AM

Apr 2014
Thai777 said:
moodie said:

Do you mean episode 5? Since I would be really really surprised if the majority missed that Megu-nee's foreshadow in the 5th episode...
what was the foreshadowing i doubt most ppl was critically analyzing a show of this caliber
Aug 20, 2015 12:55 PM
Aug 2015
something interesting I noticed during the big reveal...

when Miki asks Yuki about Megu-nee, the top two circles in her eyes disappear.

i believe this happened in another episode when Yuki encounters the zombies..

any thoughts? it seems like it happens whenever she 'snaps out' of her delusions and its a pretty cool artistic choice.
Aug 20, 2015 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
I must be really dense for not realizing the 100x foreshadowing of Megu-nee's death before the reveal.
Aug 20, 2015 10:39 PM

Jun 2014
moodie said:
Thai777 said:

what was the foreshadowing i doubt most ppl was critically analyzing a show of this caliber

When Yuki saw Miki on the piano while Rii-san was holding her. She then had a flash which was Megu-nee obviously if you just paused. Some people even dropped the spoiler tag because of that in the 5th episode thread lol.
Aug 20, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2014
SquareMom said:
something interesting I noticed during the big reveal...

when Miki asks Yuki about Megu-nee, the top two circles in her eyes disappear.

i believe this happened in another episode when Yuki encounters the zombies..

any thoughts? it seems like it happens whenever she 'snaps out' of her delusions and its a pretty cool artistic choice.

Go in the easter egg thread, it was pointed out before and it's probably to represent her insanity when someone try to slap the reality in her face.
Aug 21, 2015 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode, finally confirmed.
Nothing too dramatic yet.
Aug 25, 2015 5:57 AM

Feb 2008
That moment when someone questions your delusion... Loved that scene!
Aug 26, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2014
I'm on Miki's side, these delusions are becoming boring. I'm losing interest in this show.
Aug 26, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Axernea said:
I'm on Miki's side, these delusions are becoming boring. I'm losing interest in this show.

then don't watch the show
Aug 26, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Axernea said:

Xenocrisi said:
Axernea said:

Me in Side Kurumi and Yuuri they protect Bestfriend Yuki She part of family club who had delusions if you snap some one of them make cry important people for them.

you gonna pay what you done make more damage trauma never heal and make her suicide or she run outside zombie field make kill her seft.

like happen other movie zombie you tell her or him you are annoying please wake up from your delusions them next morning the you tell it's dead you gonna exile in group mean kick never came back again in base or you gonna be kill by your group you kill very important family to them they want revenge.
Aug 26, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2012
lol my friend actually believed that the teacher was not a delusion. So many hints before this episode but yeah OT is alright

I see that the manga is ongoing will they give the show an ending or finish properly based on the source material in another season.
you sound poor
Aug 26, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
Also something that has annoyed me a little is that the other girls don't fight/defend against the zombies like shovel girl. I wish they showed off some martial arts.
you sound poor
Aug 26, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
MetalxSoldier said:
Also something that has annoyed me a little is that the other girls don't fight/defend against the zombies like shovel girl. I wish they showed off some martial arts.

Oh don't worry
XenocrisiMay 17, 2016 9:56 AM
Aug 27, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2015
Oh Megu-nee... I was hoping that she'll survive the whole series, but still keeping in mind that there's a possibility which she might die at certain point, in the future. But never expected it this way. Should've seen that coming... especially the fact that she tended to get ignored all along this time. Twist from episode 1 all over again.
This episode also got me to a conclusion that Takeya Yuki is a 5-star schizophreniac
AdviotAug 27, 2015 6:47 PM
"I have a vision, where aviation and endurance sport integrate one another." ~ Adventure Aviator
Aug 27, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2015
such an amazing episode, that ed made me cry actually. and yeah, I also thought that Megu-nee being unnoticed is just an average thing but oH LORD ;_____;
I haven't read the manga and everything seems just shocking to me, I'm so excited to see what's coming
Aug 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Sep 2007
Figured it out by the second episode; knew it was coming; STILL was a gut-puncher T__T

And that next episode preview was depressing as hell too
Aug 29, 2015 9:52 AM

Oct 2013
The truth is out there.

Really love the way the revelation was handled. The atmosphere was suffocating.

>showing the sports events as a montage
weak

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 1, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
that moment miki asked who was megumi it got chilly

nice the new ending

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 8, 2015 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even thought that she could be dead :( Now everything makes sense,where Megu-nee rejected the teddy bear as the present,and when everyone "ignored" her and the part when she protected her in library...wow i almost cried.
Hope they find more people that are alive.

DesuTronic said:
Summary of this very sad episode (╥﹏╥)

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
My mind stopped working for the rest of the episode after the big revelation. Not only did they kill off a lovable character, but she never existed during the majority of her screen time. That ending was so heartbreaking, especially showing her picture in the drawing fade away at the very end of it.
Sep 14, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2012
It was written on the wall but this show still got me. Have to love being deceived sometimes :3
Sep 16, 2015 9:03 PM

Aug 2007
I normally can see these twists coming a mile off but this time around I did not see this coming. But I wonder, if Megu-nee has been dead since the day of the incident then how was she writing about what happened and about the aftermath of the outbreak a few episodes back?
That couldn't have been Yuki projecting in any shape or form as Yuki is not even aware about the zombie catastrophe.
Sep 19, 2015 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
I had thought Megu-nee was dead since pretty much the beginning. Everyone "ignoring" her seemed like a pretty obvious hint. But I was also looking for stuff like that based on the first ep reveal. If I wasn't paying close attention it might have been more shocking. I'm excited to see where it goes from here though. And I hope they later show the scene where Megu died.
Sep 23, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2007
Ahh, it was a big surprise for me that Megu was dead...
Thinking back though, it all makes sense.
Sep 24, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
I cried ..
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.