Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2015 1:46 PM

Jan 2015
rinkel said:
Such a wonderful episode, especially the melody transition in the music room. It's makes the atmosphere very gloomy.
Gakkougurashi is become more awesome in each episode.

Oh no :( "Gakkougurashi"
Aug 14, 2015 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
Well, what we all already knew has been confirmed. RIP Megu-nee.

Also i have a feeling Mii-kun is going to lead to some SERIOUS damage to Yuki.

And we see now why they play into Yuki's delusions. She helps them feel normal and happy.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 14, 2015 7:59 PM

Apr 2015
God, the water bottle dropping in the background when Yuki 'handed' it to Sensei...that was an amazing touch.
Aug 14, 2015 11:36 PM

Aug 2013
The UnReveal. Practically too easy to follow. This and the flashbacks could have been handled better as they weren't that shocking.

The way they handled the player breaking as Miki confronted Yuuki on Megu-nee was great though.

I also question Yuuri's idea of keeping Yuuki ignorant. While she may be the heart of the group, she is a wildcard and her outrageous ideas and actions could get them killed. At least put a leash on her so you can control her better XD
Aug 15, 2015 12:08 AM

May 2015
this eps is "the key" of all episode

really trully sad episode, is that so megu-nee....?
Aug 15, 2015 3:26 AM

May 2014
I really got sad when I read that in the manga. Megunne, noo, damn too bad she passed away. :'(
Aug 15, 2015 3:27 AM

May 2014
Harsel said:
It was predictable.

Megu-nee was ignored the most of time... She is something like the reality part of the Yuki's awareness. For example, when they went to the library, Yuki was protected by Megu from the zombie.

I was expecting something more "hard"... but it's not bad for now.

I thought it were only there for fun, but I guess it had a purpose behind it. ^^
Aug 15, 2015 3:57 AM

Mar 2011
10/10!
This episode was so depressing even when somebody already spoiled me about megu-nee's death its still sad.

Yuki's drawings and the ending song with megu-nee fading really brought a lot of feels. I'm gonna miss you megu-nee! I still have hopes that someday she will meet her students again.
Aug 15, 2015 4:33 AM
Jul 2013
Wow that episode was full of feels...
How mii kun tries to understand yuki and finally the reveal of meguni's is death...
And the ending... Wow that was hard...
Aug 15, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2015
KamSung said:
A rather meh episode this. At least the batch scene and the appealing music at the end made up for it. All of us now finally know how Megu-nee mysteriously appeared inside of that car the previous episode lol.
2/5.

Obligatory shower scene is obligatory.

I'd still Gakkou that Gurashi (doesn't make grammatical sense does it)

Aug 15, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2009
The atmosphere between Yuki and Miki was fantastically done in the music room.

Aug 15, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
Wow. I didn't really notice that Megu-nee is already dead...damn. But when I think about it, it was always quite strange that Megu-nee didn't get any attention from the others.

Aug 15, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2013
That was... hard to watch.
Aug 15, 2015 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
I have a mixed feeling about that reveal with Yuki handing Megu-nee objects.
On one hand it was quite original and effective, it even made me confused for a moment, even though I knew from the manga Megu-nee is dead, I started thinking maybe all that changes in the order of events somehow made her still alive at this point, but in the end of course it took me no more than two secods to realise tha handing was happening out of our sight, so there should be some trick to it, though I assumed Yuki just put the bottle and tape player on a table or some similar surface.
On the other hand when it was revealed she just dropped them on the floor, I can't help but think that's too much even for Yuki. She's not THAT crazy. Just rememer a scene from the previous episode where Megu-nee refused to take the toy bear. So why didn't she in the similar way tell Yuki to put the bottle and tape player on the table? There is no in-universe reason for it, the only reason is to make an effective reveal, but thinking of it breaks immersion. Okay, the bottle is okay, they don't seem to have a shortage of water, but wasting a tape player? I don't think their school has so many of them they can affort just dropping them on the floor for no reason. Even if it's a zombie apocalipse, no, _because_ it's a zombie apocalipse, you never know when it can come in handy. As Kurumi noted, Yuki always comes up with things the group needs, and her wasting that tape player goes against it.
Aug 15, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
Since people already suggested earlier that she's dead I started to look for the signs and it became pretty obvious. But I really like to know, if I would have noticed it without other people making me focus on her...
Aug 15, 2015 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
Hanako_Seishin said:
On one hand it was quite original and effective, it even made me confused for a moment, even though I knew from the manga Megu-nee is dead, I started thinking maybe all that changes in the order of events somehow made her still alive at this point, but in the end of course it took me no more than two secods to realise tha handing was happening out of our sight, so there should be some trick to it, though I assumed Yuki just put the bottle and tape player on a table or some similar surface.
On the other hand when it was revealed she just dropped them on the floor, I can't help but think that's too much even for Yuki. She's not THAT crazy. Just rememer a scene from the previous episode where Megu-nee refused to take the toy bear. So why didn't she in the similar way tell Yuki to put the bottle and tape player on the table? There is no in-universe reason for it, the only reason is to make an effective reveal, but thinking of it breaks immersion. Okay, the bottle is okay, they don't seem to have a shortage of water, but wasting a tape player? I don't think their school has so many of them they can affort just dropping them on the floor for no reason. Even if it's a zombie apocalipse, no, _because_ it's a zombie apocalipse, you never know when it can come in handy. As Kurumi noted, Yuki always comes up with things the group needs, and her wasting that tape player goes against it.

Mmmhhh....Who said that she dropped the CD stereo on the floor, maybe it has been dropped when the "incident" started.
Aug 15, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
1cebear said:
Since people already suggested earlier that she's dead I started to look for the signs and it became pretty obvious. But I really like to know, if I would have noticed it without other people making me focus on her...

Depending on the person, without any hints, spoilers, and prior knowledge of the manga I'm sure some fans would have caught on that something was off.
Back in episode one they introduced a character who's world is all made up in her head, at that point everyone should have been on the same page in being suspicious of what was real and what was not.
(There's even was some suspicion that Taromaru isn't real. At this point though I think it's safe to say he's real since all the other characters do interact with him).

Knowing how a majority of anime fans/critics tend to be though, I'm also sure a few folks without any clues or prior knowledge would have just written off some of the clues as "lazy animation" or "under budget cuts".
(I'm still expecting to see someone give Gakkou Gurashi a bad review. Saying they dropped the anime because of those reasons. From which I would enjoy laughing at them.)
Aug 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
Incubusknight said:
1cebear said:

Depending on the person, without any hints, spoilers, and prior knowledge of the manga I'm sure some fans would have caught on that something was off.
Back in episode one they introduced a character who's world is all made up in her head, at that point everyone should have been on the same page in being suspicious of what was real and what was not.
(There's even was some suspicion that Taromaru isn't real. At this point though I think it's safe to say he's real since all the other characters do interact with him).

Knowing how a majority of anime fans/critics tend to be though, I'm also sure a few folks without any clues or prior knowledge would have just written off some of the clues as "lazy animation" or "under budget cuts".
(I'm still expecting to see someone give Gakkou Gurashi a bad review. Saying they dropped the anime because of those reasons. From which I would enjoy laughing at them.)

I a pretty sure that there are 3 bad reviews. 5,5,4 (maybe)
Aug 15, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2015
Incubusknight said:

Of course MAL will never be complete without an elitists or so-called critics.
Aug 15, 2015 10:54 AM
Feb 2009
So, Megu-nee was already dead ?

Sure, from the start there was a lot of hint, but I always thought that could not be the case.

If you think about it for one moment : It means that, from the start,Yuki is imagining by herself, being in a classroom with a teacher speaking for 8 hours !

I mean, in order to achieve this, you really have to have a good imagination.

For me, it's impossible to conceive that, even in an stress mental state, I could just arrive in a classroom and "invente" a whole 8 hours class with different subject, every single day... especially when you consider that Yuku is not "smart".

And the other thing is that I had the feeling that they were trying to keep Yuki under supervision... But letting her alone 8 hours a day (when she has crazy idea like "hey, let's go out") is not only a risky move... but a very sad one.

Oh, and I swear that at one point, I heard someone said : "Don't worry about Yuki. Megu-nee is with her". But, that was maybe my imagination :(
Aug 15, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
Hanako_Seishin said:

You can even hear the bottle drop when she is handing it over to Megu-nee
And In both of cases Megunee is arguing against that but Yuki is too focused on Miki.

Rukodaime said:

Sure, from the start there was a lot of hint, but I always thought that could not be the case.

If you think about it for one moment : It means that, from the start,Yuki is imagining by herself, being in a classroom with a teacher speaking for 8 hours !

For me, it's impossible to conceive that, even in an stress mental state, I could just arrive in a classroom and "invente" a whole 8 hours class with different subject, every single day... especially when you consider that Yuku is not "smart".

And the other thing is that I had the feeling that they were trying to keep Yuki under supervision... But letting her alone 8 hours a day (when she has crazy idea like "hey, let's go out") is not only a risky move... but a very sad one.

Oh, and I swear that at one point, I heard someone said : "Don't worry about Yuki. Megu-nee is with her". But, that was maybe my imagination :(

Oh look, someone else randomly missed very clear purpose of Megu-nee in Yuki's head.
Aug 15, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
Rukodaime said:

Aaaand...the problem is her imaginating the classroom for 8 hours? Not the zombies? No? No. Ok.
Aug 15, 2015 11:50 AM
Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:

Oh look, someone else randomly missed very clear purpose of Megu-nee in Yuki's head.

Did I ever mention at ANY point in my post the purpose of Megu-nee in Yuki's head ? Seems like you're trying to show off and you did not actually read/understand my post...
But, please be so kind to explain to me then since it seems so much important to you :)
I guess you're going to say it was to protect her when Zombie are around her ? And it was one of the only protective figure that she got so she need to be here in order to calm her down ?

Or maybe it's just because obviously if you're going to have a class, you need a teacher :)

Xenocrisi> Of course, everything is going te be weird when you're talking about a person who imagine to be in a normal world when there are zombie in it.
But, let's say, for one second you are this person and you do not want to accept the reality :
- You can pretend that the environnement is safe and remember how it looks before and reconstruct it from there. Easy.
- You can pretend there are your friends around and having some discussion with them. Fair enough.
- But you can not invent 8 hours on subject you do not know. Every single day. This is just impossible.

I'm just saying this is one of the reason who made me thing that *maybe* Megu-nee was not dead. That's all :)

Now, this episode make it very clear it was possible, so...

By the way, just read chapter 13 of the manga to see the difference between the anime and the manga, well... The reveal in the anime is much better done !
RukodaimeAug 15, 2015 12:29 PM
Aug 15, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2007
Rukodaime said:
CookingPriest said:

Did I ever mention at ANY point in my post the purpose of Megu-nee in Yuki's head ? Seems like you're trying to show off and you did not actually read/understand my post...
But, please be so kind to explain to me then since it seems so much important to you :)
I guess you're going to say it was to protect her when Zombie are around her ? And it was one of the only protective figure that she got so she need to be here in order to calm her down ?

Or maybe it's just because obviously if you're going to have a class, you need a teacher :)

Xenocrisi> Of course, everything is going te be weird when you're talking about a person who imagine to be in a normal world when there are zombie in it.
But, let's say, for one second you are this person and you do not want to accept the reality :
- You can pretend that the environnement is safe and remember how it looks before and reconstruct it from there. Easy.
- You can pretend there are your friends around and having some discussion with them. Fair enough.
- But you can not invent 8 hours on subject you do not know. Every single day. This is just impossible.

I'm just saying this is one of the reason who made me thing that *maybe* Megu-nee was not dead. That's all :)

By the way, just read chapter 13 of the manga to see the difference between the anime and the manga, well... The reveal in the anime is much better done !

If her Megu-nee is complex enough to work as a defense mechanism, she is complex enough to keep up conversation for a class. AFter all it is no different than thinking to yourself.

ANd I am refering to the line about them leaving her alone being risky and the whole "she has megu-nee with her" being nonsense, which is not if sh eis a self defense mechanism.
Aug 15, 2015 4:31 PM
Aug 2015
i think deep down everyone knew about megu-nee. but no one could've handled the shock from this episode! i actually liked her, but we all know that's like a huge NO in anime. if you like a character it will most likely die...
Aug 15, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
I love the psychological elements in this show, they're amazing! Shows like this deserve more money, 10/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 15, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2014
^
This. This show so deserves a second season!
Aug 15, 2015 7:58 PM

Jun 2014
Rukodaime said:

I personaly think It's possible. You would be surprised by the number of thing I did not know that I see in my dreams. But of course they are not necessarely "true". Which can be the case with the classes too. Yes she is making the teachers teach her something but she doesn't have the confirmation to know if it's true or not. And since she is "stupid" I don't think she would even know herself the teacher is teaching illogical thing.

Well that just what I think.
Aug 15, 2015 8:17 PM

Feb 2015
Someone already said it but I'll say it again:
They turned the whole club sports day into a montage, which meant that we lost some character building. I didn't like that much at all :/

The re-reveal was very well done. It seemed like a certainty for some from the clues given prior, but for people who were doubtful this would have made it clear in a way that was dramatic and punchy.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 15, 2015 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
Intense atmosphere in this episode once again. I noticed an interesting facial expression on the big bewb girl... a murderous face (twice in this ep, both when she was having a heated argument with miki and after the shower scene).

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 16, 2015 1:46 AM

Jan 2015
Infatuate said:
Intense atmosphere in this episode once again. I noticed an interesting facial expression on the big bewb girl... a murderous face (twice in this ep, both when she was having a heated argument with miki and after the shower scene).

I'd like to see Yuki yandere mode...
Aug 16, 2015 6:50 AM
Oct 2014
Wow. Just wow.

I am aware this episode lightened some material from the manga, but with what they have, I will day they made the best out of it. I really enjoy the writing and direction in this episode. The part with the stereo is just too good, from the misguiding of its condition to the eerie music, I was thoroughly unsettled.

I was going to say I am slightly disappointed there were hardly any zombies in this episode, but since most anime this season take some time off once in a while, I will say I am fine with that. Compared to Overlord, this is much better. The only good thing in the last two episodes of Overlord is Albedo hugging that creepy pillow.

Animation and music remains in top-tier. The ending is especially heart-wrenching. If you have a tendency to skip endings in general, I recommend you check out just this one.

Looking forward to what the series is heading, with Miki finally a member of the School Living Club, which we already saw in episodes 1 and 2, I guess this is where the flashbacks end and we get to some serious stuff.

Final verdict is 4.5 out of 5. This is one of the BEST, if not THE BEST anime this season.
Aug 16, 2015 7:00 AM
Jun 2014
good episode not great but good. and that Megu-nee did not exist in the future and already died, yeah it was Obvious . and the scene in the music room . really well done
Aug 16, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
Holy shit, Megu-nee is dead? Wow. How the hell didn't I notice that earlier? Jeez, I'm so shocked right now.

The reveal was handled very nicely. Great cinematography and the music was also done extremely well.
Now I'm really wondering how Megu-nee died exactly.
Aug 16, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
I love this show so much but Yuki is so annoying to me. I wish Miki had refused to play along and just... broke Yuki. That would've made things a lot more interesting.
Aug 16, 2015 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
i think i like miki in the anime more in the manga, although i wished the anime hadn't changed some things

overall, i'm really enjoying this
Aug 16, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
Dropped.
Aug 16, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
RustCohle said:
Dropped.

thanks, now we are all happy that you told it to us.
Aug 16, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
The quality of the direction for this show is just absolutely phenomenal. Nothing at all flashy about it, but every emotional beat is just brought to the surface and handled totally meticulously, with brilliant little touches as a matter of routine, it just hasn't put a foot wrong, not even for a second. It's a long time since a show had me feeling this much just six episodes in.
Aug 16, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
A whole new level of depressing.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Aug 16, 2015 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit balls.
Aug 16, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
Well, that explains a lot as to why she was ignored throughout the anime.

Manga to Anime spoiler (slight)

There was something off about this episode that I didn't really enjoy. I think it was because Miki was very submissive of Yuki's condition. Not only that, but there were no heated arguments.

The scene on the roof, Yuuri's facial expressions felt really out of place and her emotions (imo) weren't projected well enough for the audience to understand and relate to.

More manga to anime spoilers (slight)

tl;dr - I didn't enjoy Miki's introduction, but the reveal of Megu-nee was great.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 16, 2015 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
UsaraDark said:
Well, that explains a lot as to why she was ignored throughout the anime.

Manga to Anime spoiler (slight)

UsaraDark said:
More manga to anime spoilers (slight)

"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 16, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
Dammit, Megu-nee! ;_; Although I kind of suspected that she was already dead, the way the presented it really hit me, especially at the end, where she kept fading.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 16, 2015 8:03 PM

Feb 2009
I admit that I was caught by surprise with Megu-nee´s death, even though I had my suspicions when they went to the mall I saw an adult refusing to drive and let that responsability for a girl under-age, and also why would Megu-nee in an apocalyptic setting like that always requesting Yuki to call her sensei? Makes all sense now and can´t wait for what´s next!
Aug 16, 2015 8:19 PM

Feb 2015
Insodp said:
I admit that I was caught by surprise with Megu-nee´s death, even though I had my suspicions when they went to the mall I saw an adult refusing to drive and let that responsability for a girl under-age, and also why would Megu-nee in an apocalyptic setting like that always requesting Yuki to call her sensei? Makes all sense now and can´t wait for what´s next!

I hadn't even thought about that! That's so clever! Of course she would still be acting in that way if Yuki was constructing Megu-nee from her most recent memories of her.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 16, 2015 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
icirate said:

I hadn't even thought about that! That's so clever! Of course she would still be acting in that way if Yuki was constructing Megu-nee from her most recent memories of her.

That's probably most likely the case. You can't develop character of someone who's already dead, but you can go off of what they've already developed.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 16, 2015 9:14 PM
Aug 2011
posting just to display my UTTER INDIFFERENCE
Aug 16, 2015 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
Rukodaime said:

Megu-nee was not the only teacher Yuki had classes with.

bibotot said:
Animation and music remains in top-tier.

Not sure if blind or rocking the fanboy goggles hard, the animation this episode was way below its usual quality.
LoveChildAug 17, 2015 9:26 AM

<3?

Aug 16, 2015 11:52 PM

Aug 2014
VanishingKira said:
6 episodes to reveal Megu-nee was dead when it was obvious from episode one if you were paying attention.

And with that half the show wasted,hope this'll gets better but with half the show already done already have a predetermined score on what this'll end up being.

That's all you got out of 6 episodes? What a shallow thought process you must have. LOL
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.