Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All those cute drawings~

Well the episode isn't that cute considering the delusional scenes of the classroom, scarred piano, eerie music, etc. I liked the shift of the setting though since it gives off that creepy vibe of the show.

Megu-nee ;_;
So yeah, this episode establishes the fact that she's

Aug 13, 2015 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
Poor megumi She not deserve This kind of life.
Aug 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
Summary of this very sad episode (╥﹏╥)

DesuTronicAug 13, 2015 7:09 AM
Aug 13, 2015 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Megu-Nee :(
Sad episode
Aug 13, 2015 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
Comparing how Megu-nee's reveal was handled in the manga to the anime kind of tells the story in a nutshell about how this adaptation has gone

It was an okay episode, though.
Aug 13, 2015 7:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sighhhhh, my worst fears have been realized.....Poor Megu-nee TwT
Aug 13, 2015 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't read manga and now I'm shocked. Really good episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 13, 2015 7:52 AM

Feb 2014
They finally confirm that Megu-nee is dead. Well it was obvious. But I hope they explain her death better in the future.
Aug 13, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2014
Poor Megu-nee! Makes me want to crawl in a corner and cry! ;_;
Aug 13, 2015 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
Miki lost to Kurumi even with her carrying a shovel on her back. You should have read less and train more in your "hole", Mii-kun. XD

Well, they toned down some stuff and changed some but all in all it was a good episode which showed that Kurumi and Rii and now Miki as well dependen on Yuki to have "some fun" and not only "thinking and excerise". Having fun is important to feel alive too.^^
Aug 13, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2012
Megu-nee's fate was rather obvious from early on, but the full reveal here was still pretty effective. Especially the fade aways during the ending and preview. Those were rather devastating. :(
Aug 13, 2015 8:07 AM
Apr 2014
It's finally been revealed that Megu-nee is just part of Yuki's "delusion" if you haven't figured it out before there's a real problem with you, that reveal with the music going down was a nice add.
She's shown being surrounded by zombies before her "death" now we all know what that means and what it may lead to.
Haha Rii-san was ready to punch Mii-kun when she said that she wanted to fix Yuki, she really wants to keep her cheerful delusional clown the way she is.
Next episode should be really interesting.
Drake1000Aug 13, 2015 8:19 AM
Aug 13, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2010
Damn, Yuki's eyes when Miki asked her who Megu-nee was. The atmosphere in that scene was so well done. The dying player and the devastated classroom all made that scene. Also, poor Megu-nee in that flashback.

Btw, the ED theme is After Glow (アフターグロウ), written and composed by fu_mou, and sung by Maon Kurosaki.
YoxalLoyalAug 13, 2015 7:02 PM
Aug 13, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
For some reason my post on the last episode got deleted but w/e

Well, megu-nee is confirmed dead and just wait until.....

Aug 13, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2015

I think most aren't really surprised that Megu-nee is dead & just another one of Yuki's illusions.
I mean there were some hints in the earlier episodes.

I guess that shower scene helps dispel the theory I heard that Mii-kun is is actually a guy. =')

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2015 8:20 AM
Jun 2015
Good episode. The stuff with Megumi was pretty sad, although I can't say it wasn't obvious.
Aug 13, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2015
Episode was done beautifully.
There may have not been any excitement or action but the reveal was done perfectly.
The dying music player as Miki asked the question was creative and my favorite part of the episode.
I also loved the change in the ending credits letting everyone remember all those moments that Yuki was (wasn't) with Megu-nee. It really hits home.

The ending preview was also good, having Yuki now talking to herself where Megu-nee used to chip in.

My only gripes for the episode in comparison to the manga was a few conversations that where taken out. One being the conversation between Miki and Kurumi when they raced against each other this episode.
Also wish they had stuck a little more to the conversation between Rii and Miki from the manga. The anime covered it but it left me with a different impression in comparison to the manga.

It's also interesting to note that Miki's shower scene was added for fan service since that wasn't in the manga. Never hurts to throw in some extra fan service though I guess.

I'm curious to see what's next, there's a few scenes in the manga that are still conflicted to the anime but for the most part with Miki now in the club it's almost all back on track.

Next ep I'm expecting the opening to be changed again. Can't wait!
Aug 13, 2015 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
SchwingBoner said:

I guess that shower scene helps dispel some theories I heard that Mii-kun is is actually a guy. =')

there breast isaw it look carefully in miki down why they not censored miki size b cup...
danteinferno111Aug 13, 2015 8:25 AM
Aug 13, 2015 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
So Megu-nee's death is finally revealed. Sigh. Felt depressing. R.I.P! Overall good episode.

Aug 13, 2015 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
Such powerfull episode in terms of Yuki development. That ED doe, even if it was obvious the sadness was there...
Aug 13, 2015 8:27 AM

Jun 2014
It was quite obvious that Megu-nee is dead. Everyone was kinda spoiling it in the previous discussions.

I would like if they would tell us about Yuki's delusions.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and lack of motivation.
AridusAug 13, 2015 8:34 AM
Aug 13, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2015
OrangeJP said:

"Not dead until we see the body" I hear that often in forums. I don't see why it doesn't apply here (Same goes for Kai). After all, we don't know if she was bitten or if her injury was from something else. Maybe she escaped and has been holed up somewhere where she can't reach the girls. Wouldn't it be touching if they found her later alive and well to bring us some more hope to this anime?
Or if Kai showed up with the help that she said she was going to get. We'll just have to see in future episodes :)
IncubusknightAug 13, 2015 8:32 AM
Aug 13, 2015 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Amarrez said:
Comparing how Megu-nee's reveal was handled in the manga to the anime kind of tells the story in a nutshell about how this adaptation has gone

It was an okay episode, though.
Is the adaptation really that bad? Either way i plan on reading the manga when the anime finishes...
Aug 13, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2015
pab1994 said:
Is the adaptation really that bad? Either way i plan on reading the manga when the anime finishes...

I don't think it is, for the most part the anime has done better then the manga in certain parts. There's a few conversations and events that I wish they kept but so far the anime is doing well in it's adaptation.

In the end I think people will like both the anime and the manga separately because of it's differences. I will say though that the manga is a bit darker in comparison to the anime.
Aug 13, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
Imo they did a pretty good job adapting this episode, especially Megu-nee's reveal. Liked how they went over some of the parts where Megu-nee was and showed how it actually looked.

Incubusknight said:

Also wish they had stuck a little more to the conversation between Rii and Miki from the manga. The anime covered it but it left me with a different impression in comparison to the manga.

Incubusknight said:

Agree with you here
Aug 13, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
I knew it Megu-nee's no more..
dat ED.. ;-;
Aug 13, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
Incubusknight said:
OrangeJP said:

"Not dead until we see the body" I hear that often in forums. I don't see why it doesn't apply here (Same goes for Kai). After all, we don't know if she was bitten or if her injury was from something else. Maybe she escaped and has been holed up somewhere where she can't reach the girls. Wouldn't it be touching if they found her later alive and well to bring us some more hope to this anime?
Or if Kai showed up with the help that she said she was going to get. We'll just have to see in future episodes :)

I've read the manga....

Aug 13, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
I'm confused here. We saw Megumi blocking the door so that the zombies couldn't get into the room where the girls were, so the assumption would be that the Zombies ate her then and there.... Yet the last time she ever had coherent thought was being locked up in a supplies room writing a letter of her own.... but if she was blocking the door when the Zombies killed her, how could she manage to drag her corpse into a supplies room?

Anyway.... the episode itself could only be described as bittersweet.... sweet in that the girls are still alive and reminiscing about the time when they met one another, and sweet in that Miki came to realize the advantage of doing unproductive things over sitting around waiting to die, but extremely bitter in the obvious reveal about Megumi's sad fate, about Yuki's unhealthy delusions, and of course the extreme situation they are caught up in. Also bitter is the unknown fate of Kei (who I am personally assuming was turned into a zombie already).

The ED showing how the Megumi present during the first half of the show was just an illusion was sad as heck. Everytime I saw her disappear, it felt like the memory of her was fading from everyone else, and when it got to Yuki's drawing of her and Megumi...... damn those feels....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Aug 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
I'm confused here. We saw Megumi blocking the door so that the zombies couldn't get into the room where the girls were, so the assumption would be that the Zombies ate her then and there.... Yet the last time she ever had coherent thought was being locked up in a supplies room writing a letter of her own.... but if she was blocking the door when the Zombies killed her, how could she manage to drag her corpse into a supplies room?

It is a bit confusing because of how the anime is out of order from the manga. A lot of what we've seen is flashbacks.
Ep 3's ending with Megu-nee in the supply looking room was part of the flashback back when the zombie outbreak first happened. It was before the scene where she's surrounded by zombies in today's episode.

No need to worry though, everything will make sense in maybe 1-2 episodes I'm guessing.
Aug 13, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2015
OrangeJP said:
I've read the manga....

Aug 13, 2015 9:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, that ED was pretty sad to see.
Specially the drawing part. D:
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2015 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Megu-nee's dead is pretty much obvious. The cross with ribbon on episode 1, the missing chair when they eat together on episode 1 or 2, the club's constantly ignoring Megu-nee and of course the obvious few seconds frame of bleeding Megu-nee in the last episode.

This is getting better and better. Megu-nee disappearing in the ED and the preview is very nice detail and touch to the story. Great work Lerche!

Aug 13, 2015 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
So it's now absolutely official that Megu-nee is dead? Not as though it wasn't obvious, but it as interesting seeing how she died (the way they executed that scene was great). It was also interesting to see Miki reacting to Yuki's delusions and denial; her initial reaction is definitely how I would have reacted. Also, this episode has made it much easier to appreciate Yuki's role in the group than ever before, now that they've actually explained it; she's still annoying as well, but I can at least be much more forgiving of her now than before.

An excellent episode, so good that even the slice-of-life stuff that has irritated me in previous episodes was pretty good for once.
Aug 13, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
Incubusknight said:
OrangeJP said:
I've read the manga....

[spoiler]you're right, we got to let the people who've only watched the anime find out later ;)

Aug 13, 2015 9:44 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Goddamn this series is good.
Aug 13, 2015 9:48 AM

Sep 2014
Megu-nee </3 :'(((

Great episode, looking forward for the next one.
Aug 13, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
Incubusknight said:
pab1994 said:

I don't think it is, for the most part the anime has done better then the manga in certain parts. There's a few conversations and events that I wish they kept but so far the anime is doing well in it's adaptation.

In the end I think people will like both the anime and the manga separately because of it's differences. I will say though that the manga is a bit darker in comparison to the anime.
Oh i see and yes i am aware the anime is doing some original stuff, still i really like how is all going. Thanks for answering!
Aug 13, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
malikkkk27_ said:
Megu-nee </3 :'(((

Great episode, looking forward for the next one.

Cool Icon Picture you had there.
Aug 13, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2007
Very good episode.

So Megu-nee is confirmed to be dead, well, no surprises, but the way it was directed was pretty much perfect. Shit show really knows how to do atmosphere.

Its also nice to see some confirmation on Yuki being their emotional support and I am really interested in finding out more on how her mind works, if we do.

Also is it just me or Rii seemed like she is about to snap at Miki at least twice? First on the rooftop till Kurumi interrupted and then in the showers, we had Rii had some deathstare before Miki went on about joining the club. Might be just my imagination due to how she is drawn but idk, with how complex the show has been so far I'd like to think they would not draw her that way without reason.
Aug 13, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
Those ED credits ;_;
Aug 13, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
animefan8800 said:
Megu-nee's fate was rather obvious from early on, but the full reveal here was still pretty effective. Especially the fade aways during the ending and preview. Those were rather devastating. :(
I teared up quite a bit
Aug 13, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2011
DarklordVor said:
Megu-nee's dead is pretty much obvious. The cross with ribbon on episode 1, the missing chair when they eat together on episode 1 or 2, the club's constantly ignoring Megu-nee and of course the obvious few seconds frame of bleeding Megu-nee in the last episode.

This is getting better and better. Megu-nee disappearing in the ED and the preview is very nice detail and touch to the story. Great work Lerche!

Doesn't make it less sad. Especially with that ED. All my tears D:

Awesome episode. Just wish I had something light to wash away the tears with.
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
Aug 13, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
So they finally relieved the truth about Megu-nee it was about time.
But i wonder if they will follow the manga in a way or wether they will keep up the happy act.
Guess we will have to wait and see.
Aug 13, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2009
Onion ninjas just passed by to give me a small reminder of Megu-nee death once again, damn you ninjas!

The dying music player at this part was just great to hear:

Looks like the anime is in it's own trails at this point and I wonder how it will go from this point. Anyway, this series is doing nicely and it feels like a small piece of light immersed in a total darkness.
Aug 13, 2015 10:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well it was pretty obvious for several episodes now that Megu-nee was already dead, but I guess it was about time for the show to come out with it officially as well

Even if we knew about it though, the reveal was once again really well-executed. The zoom-in on Yuki's eyes when Miki was starting to ask about who Megu-nee was, the creepy slow-down of the music and just the whole atmosphere altogether was perfect

The fade-outs during the credits screen were also very stylish and polished. Gakkou Gurashi as a whole just feels superbly directed to me
Aug 13, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Megu-nee confirmed as dead. Curious about change in next week opening.

Except that nothing important. This episode was probably only a closure for the first part of series.
Aug 13, 2015 10:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The radio giving up when Miki questioned Megu-nee's existence, that was somewhat creepy.

Miki making new friends was great to see.

Also they depend on Yuki, so they don't go crazy.
Aug 13, 2015 10:34 AM

May 2015
It was predictable.

Megu-nee was ignored the most of time... She is something like the reality part of the Yuki's awareness. For example, when they went to the library, Yuki was protected by Megu from the zombie.

I was expecting something more "hard"... but it's not bad for now.
HarselAug 13, 2015 10:38 AM

Aug 13, 2015 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Megu-nee!! So, that was why she was ignored the most of the time!
Aug 13, 2015 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
That's it. I think the 6th episode is the end of our fun ride.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.