Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2015 6:31 AM
Nov 2014
Kaiji turned into GAR at the end lol, so fucking badass.
May 7, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
maybe its the pain that will affect his heart rate, or affect how he stays calm?

Oct 24, 2015 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man, Kaiji get inspired. That was freaking badass.
Here's what I think is plan is. By destroying his own hand, he completely mess up his own signal and get pumped on adrenaline. By doing so, he'll be able to neutralize Tonegawa advantage. The other thing is that the people behind him can send him signals. Of course, it's extremely risked for them.

I just can't believe that he was winning only due to cheating. If that's the truth, that just so... cheap.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
Cheating bastards >_>

Nuky93 said:
I still don't really get why all those people who fell from the first bridge had to stay there. What's the point?

They're getting paid money to be hurt by the chairman for his amusement. No sense of pride at all >_>
Mar 25, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2010
Oh my god, so intense. This show. Just this fucking show. It's addicting as hell. I love the way Kaiji figured out that Tonegawa was cheating. He's very, very perceptive. Now I wonder why he broke the mirror. I was guessing it had something to do with his blood pressure, but apparently not since people here are saying it's something totally unexpected. Now I'm afraid to read the rest of the comments for fear of spoiling myself, lol. Well, let's watch the next episode!
Aug 26, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
The level of insanity this gamble already had just doubled.
Aug 26, 2017 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ishikatsu said:
Oh my god, so intense. This show. Just this fucking show. It's addicting as hell. I love the way Kaiji figured out that Tonegawa was cheating. He's very, very perceptive. Now I wonder why he broke the mirror. I was guessing it had something to do with his blood pressure, but apparently not since people here are saying it's something totally unexpected. Now I'm afraid to read the rest of the comments for fear of spoiling myself, lol. Well, let's watch the next episode!

That's something I've noticed from this anime: whenever Kaiji figures out someone is cheating, it's never an asspull, and something the audience can figure out on their own, while still being incredibly subtle.
In contrast to how obvious the antagonist in the 1st ep of Kakegurui was cheating.
Sep 1, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2016
The beep that signals the end of each drilling was a lot more agonizing to listen to than the drilling itself lol
Kaiji was right about the pressure the twisted Director gives to Tonegawa and it looks like it won't be pretty for anyone if either of them ends up losing.

The watch being a vitals reader sounded far-fetched but with all the analysis given, it just might be their little trick. I bet that the Director thought:"How the hell can you fuck up even when you already have a foolproof system to assist you?!" xD

The moment Kaiji said that he'll extend the bet to 18mm, I'm sure that he'll win coz he surely can't die after going this far~ That mirror scene was so badass and it only made me more excited on how his bloody plan will work.

Sep 25, 2017 2:25 PM

Jan 2010
Aizix said:
Holy mother of intensity.

This.

Holly cow i hope that whatever he's thinking of he can turn this around

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 4, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know if I would call that cheating, because it's not like he can see the cards, if Kaiji could control his heartbeat it would be useless.
Feb 14, 2018 3:22 AM

Jan 2015
What a hype ending! Glad I didn't watch the preview, can't wait to see what's in store!
Mar 7, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
I really want to know Kaijis plan to win this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2016
I don't know what he plan but I had an idea he would do something change his heart rate and blood pressure in other words losing blood.
Oct 17, 2018 3:51 AM
Oct 2018
I've said it before and i'll say it again in this episode : cheating almost ruins the fun for me. Almost, because this is such an intense and well written series.

But what is even the point? What do the suits want out of this? They earn money sure, but the sadistic fun of watching people play would be lost to them if they were just cheating. There would be no suspense whatsoever, just plain old boring sadism. Might as well drill his ear without playing. He is after all completely under their control, they have no reason to pretend to play fair. There's nothing he can do, even if he knows the game is fixed. Such babies.

Anyway, it still works dramatically because there's still a system here, no matter how unfair, and kaiji saw through it and hopefully found a way to break it. I hope he makes it.
Dec 21, 2018 6:06 PM

Nov 2018
Whoa, Kaiji slowly catching on to Tonegawa and the director's dirty trick was just...mind blowing. It didn't even occur to me that they'd be cheating since Tonegawa seemed so damn confident...and I believed him when he talked about his ability to read people.

I'm dying to see the next ep.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Apr 10, 2019 4:44 PM

Aug 2017
Much better than the last episode.

It seems that Kaiji has a plan to defeat Tonegawa. So, Tonegawa is cheating.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2020 2:36 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit this is so intense
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 2, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2018
I see. Kaiji punching the glass will mess with his vitals and confuse Tonegawa
Aug 1, 2020 3:44 PM

May 2015
Ah, the problems with having a sequel. I was honestly quite on edge during this gamble. Its been very interesting. However the second Kaiji bets that 18mm and has the threat of death is when I stop worrying cause theres a second season, so we know he doesnt die. This is one of the reasons this would be really good to watch as it aired. Sadly I wouldnt have been able to do that anyway.

But honestly the psychological games in this are really interesting. I can see why everyone points to this when dissing Kakegurui. I still like Kakegurui though.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 18, 2020 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
The real game finally starts.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 16, 2021 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
Alright, now is when things are getting interesting

Aug 30, 2022 4:44 AM

Aug 2018
Wow this is a great psychological comeback by Kaiji , Tonigawa seems to be getting under big pressure and angry President isn’t helping him much
Dec 30, 2022 11:57 AM

Sep 2017
I'm guessing he's trying to rig the data by losing blood
خ
Feb 10, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2022
wonder how that punch will help.

but damn that president is creepy as hell, i would not be able to be in a room with him while he's smiling cheek-to-cheek like that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 25, 2007

76 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2007

90 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 12, 2007

67 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2007

125 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 30, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 23, 2007

136 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 28, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.