Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2009 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
haha~ pretty interesting ^^

Cant lose in Summer vacation xD

Dec 8, 2009 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
What I don't understand is how the snowman got over there in the first place.. >_>

Dec 8, 2009 7:15 PM

Sep 2009
Don't underestimate the healing powers of phone straps. |: >

No, seriously, maybe it fell out her window or something. I dunno. Or it's a magical healing snowman. I personally prefer the latter theory.

Cute one this time, though it's also episodic. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind episodic-ness, especially when it's chock full of slice-of-life elements. Enjoyed the episode for what it was, and I can deal with the fact that the plot is almost nonexistent.

4/5
-
Dec 8, 2009 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
I want funner episodes. Disappointing festival ending.

2.5/5 It's the silly healing plots, not Kobato.
Dec 8, 2009 11:06 PM
May 2009
One of my more favourite episodes so far. Doesn't hurt to have a little drama here and there. I want to know how the snowman got there too, though.
Dec 8, 2009 11:15 PM

Sep 2009
A nice slice of life episode....but I wouldn't mind if they included more of the main plot (besides collecting scarred hearts). Still an enjoyable episode though.
Dec 9, 2009 4:43 AM
Jun 2008
kobato dunno what is Hanabi......
hana=flower
bi=fire
flower in fire ..........

I think natsuki feel she is inferior than her friend....but its natsuki that motivate her in the first place -.- DRAMA....long time since i watch those

I feel sad for Ioryogi in the last.He is completely ignore for the first time(well Ioryogi suppose to be ignore btw except kobato)
MorningGloryDec 9, 2009 5:10 AM
Dec 9, 2009 6:06 AM

Dec 2007
This is getting sadder by the episode. Problems with teh episode include:

1) Snowman keychain mysteriously goes into the garbage can, even though its supposed to be far away from it, and no one has been seen touching it

2) Kobato gains psychic abilities to sense the keychain behind a pail

3) What normal person would let a stranger that you only knew for a few seconds into the house?

I really wish it the storyline can pick up soon, because it's a really really poor slice-of-life. Man I miss Aria...
HalRyderDec 9, 2009 6:10 AM
Dec 9, 2009 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
Honestly, I haven't been terribly impressed with Kobato since it started, but even so, the other episodes were at least entertaining enough for me to sit through and enjoy. This episode was just....boring. I ended up spreading it out over several hours because it was hard to sit down and watch it from beginning to end without feeling bored.

I think part of it is that each episode is quite predictable. Two girls having difficulty with their friendship? It should be obvious that Kobato will find some way to help them out. After all, that's her purpose in the story. So, when the drama escalated to Natsuki and Kobato searching through garbage (ew?), it didn't feel dramatic at all...because we all knew they'd find the cell phone strap and everything would be ok in the end.

Furthermore, this episode didn't make much sense to me. I still don't see how Natsuki and Yukino got into that situation. Despite Natsuki's explanation, I still don't see what the big deal was. There was no real conflict, just a strange avoidance. So why so much drama?
Dec 9, 2009 12:56 PM
Oct 2007
Episode started, I was looking elsewhere. OP song finished and I looked up at screen. Saw a Kobato with black hair and was like WTH. It was to-be-healed-person-of-the-week Natsuki, lol.
Dec 9, 2009 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
ok episode...it aint ARIA good slice of life but ok....
Wish they would pick up the plot already...because yes...Kobato has one

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/09/kobato-09-a-kodak-moment/
my blog on it -__-
Dec 9, 2009 4:39 PM

Sep 2008
I love Kobato's summer outfit! ^.^ Her pigtails look cute :P I wish there was more KobatoxFujimoto development though :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2009 5:13 PM

May 2008
weeee 2 candy today, Hanabi kyrie desu ne? =3

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 9, 2009 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
Oh... by far one of the best episodes so far. One of the things you learn while growing up is that people change, and childhood friends eventually will end up as strangers. Nonetheless, it's nice to see that they made up with each other at the end. I wasn't too impressed with the snowman strap mysteriously ended up by the garbage cans, though.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 9, 2009 7:05 PM

Nov 2007
Lol, this episode was good since I can actually understand the main characters.

i was just wondering, how the heck did the strap became the necklace!?

Dec 9, 2009 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
Kobato is cute with braids. Though, she usually is adorable in general. Her reaction to the fireworks at the end was entertaining.

The only thing was the situation between Yukino and Natsuki was a bit confusing. The explanation wasn't really done well, so I don't really understand what was wrong. Yukino was becoming more and more interested in photography and then... what? She was avoiding Natsuki because of her interest in photography? :/
Dec 9, 2009 10:05 PM

Apr 2008
This has to be my favorite episode so far, and it wasn't even that interesting. At all. Like everyone else has been asking, how the HELL did that phone strap end up THERE..? Oh well. Hopefully the episodes keep progressively getting better.
Dec 10, 2009 12:04 AM

Dec 2007
Spazzcase said:
Yukino was becoming more and more interested in photography and then... what? She was avoiding Natsuki because of her interest in photography? :/

On hte contrary, it was Natsuki avoiding Yukino because she felt that she no longer understood her best friend. Happens alot in real life, believe me, I see it happening all the time. -.-''
Dec 10, 2009 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
"Hanabi?"

LOL. Kobato misunderstood fireworks.. How did the Snowman end up somewhere in the garbage cans??!

Kobato was cute in braids..
Dec 10, 2009 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
What a terrible episode.
Natsuki started explaining why they aren't friends, and I was thinking, "You're mad because she found a hobby and made two more friends? This has nothing to do with her, bitch. It's on you" That even Kobato couldn't figure that out, and even Iroyogi said, "How can someone else help" was absolute garbage. Speaking of garbage, the music that was playing while she rummaged through the trash was laughably exaggerating the scene.
Dec 10, 2009 10:32 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
What a terrible episode.
Natsuki started explaining why they aren't friends, and I was thinking, "You're mad because she found a hobby and made two more friends? This has nothing to do with her, bitch. It's on you" That even Kobato couldn't figure that out, and even Iroyogi said, "How can someone else help" was absolute garbage. Speaking of garbage, the music that was playing while she rummaged through the trash was laughably exaggerating the scene.
I loled.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 10, 2009 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
What a terrible episode.

Count on this guy to make remarks that are so harsh that it ends up being more hilarious than harsh, lol. :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 10, 2009 12:53 PM
Jun 2008
Yukari_Hiwada said:

How did the Snowman end up somewhere in the garbage cans??!.

Probably fell off from the window and drop right next to the rubbish dump OR It fell off from the rubbish can while dumping into to rubbish dump since the snowman is too small.

Well in anyway,did you notice that kobato's luck is better than everyone's else?
Even though she is clumsy and kinda lack of common sense but she always complete her task in the right order.
~~天然天才ボケ少女コハト~~
Dec 10, 2009 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Speaking of garbage, the music that was playing while she rummaged through the trash was laughably exaggerating the scene.

I thought that music was hilarious too.

It is possible I will drop this show soon.