Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 10, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Change in the castle in two senses. Then both were called. Ishida-san voicing the brother!! It seems like he tries to separate the two of them because he heard both talking. It's nice to see Nobu's character without hat (kind of like that 4th person in the ED scene I keep mentioning... or probably it's him?).

FukuJun's character is invited for a party. It seems like the real goal is to try to send her back home / away from the castle. And FukuJun's character is being serious about what he said? And the prince still just considers her a friend.

About young princes and the two finally developing next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2015 9:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Raj is such a moron lol

Even though he's kind of a her I kinda like Prince Izana lol...The dude has style and rules with an iron fist I'll give him that

Looking forward to the next episode though because it seems like Shirayuki wants to confess or something >//<
Aug 10, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
They keep teasing us with Shirayuki X Zen moments that when it finally happens its going to be glorious.

Aug 10, 2015 9:52 AM

Sep 2010
Ishida Akira is great as Izana! I feel intimidated whenever there is a scene with him. (>o<)

Obi just does what he wants! (^o^)

I didn't expect Prince Raj to actually help Zen realize his own feelings. (^o^)

The episode preview makes me already wish it was next week! ((o(>o<)o)) I was screaming at my computer screen. (^o^)

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Aug 10, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
Prince Raj is still scared of Zen lol

Aug 10, 2015 10:05 AM
Sep 2008
isnt they skipped some importent parts from the manga in this episode O:
Aug 10, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Love this anime. There's so much cuteness everywhere. I'm loving the OP more and more actually. I was so happy when Zen takes Obi's hat/ thing off. He's cute with and without it, but I prefer him without it (and I'm more used to it because of the manga). And lol at his sneakiness. I love Obi. He's just great. XD

The clothing (and features) is (are) less detailed than the manga, but that's probably to make the animation itself easier anyway. Doesn't bother me much anymore. I still love the characters and the clothing they wear is still nice.

Izana is a pain now, but he gets better. This is more of a test if I remember correctly. He helps them eventually.

I love ZenxShirayuki so much. They're both so adorable, especially together.

DesuTronic said:
They keep teasing us with Shirayuki X Zen moments that when it finally happens its going to be glorious.

^^

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 10, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
narutosister said:

I'm not sure... I would appreciate it if someone were to explain it a bit. I don't remember this part well enough.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 10, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
The Zen and Shirayuki parts were cute this episode, in particular when he saw her in the uniform and before they bit a temporary farewell. Izana on the other hand is a tricky character to read.

I find him to be quite interesting though as that makes him feel like he is unpredictable.
Aug 10, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
The Shirayuki X Zen tease is going to kill me.
Aug 10, 2015 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to see Zen's brother.

Raj is scared of Zen!
Aug 10, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
Big improvement over last week's episode. I really like the antagonism and sense of courtly realism Zen's brother brings, because while cute, the SxZ romantic dynamic so far has been too superficial to be seriously compelling. However, I do like how they're using first-person narrative and other characters to advance that element rather than the typical cheesy af emo dialogue typical of anime, so props for that. Zen's attendant spy is another character I'm hoping gets more screen time / we learn more about.
Aug 10, 2015 11:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Probably the weakest episode yet, didn't really get into it.

Best part was Obi, i like this guy.
Aug 10, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty weak episode. This whole "powerful person trying to get rid of Shirayuki from behind the scenes" thing seems like it might become a recurring thing, which I can't say I'm pleased about as it already seems to have become stale.

Seeing Raj panicking the whole time was pretty funny though.
Aug 10, 2015 11:19 AM
Feb 2013
DesuTronic said:

it'll get even more irresistible when the next episode comes out! looks like something major is going to happen! CX
Aug 10, 2015 11:22 AM

May 2009
Wow this episode felt like it lasted 5 minutes or so.
I think it was a pretty weak episode. The brother doesn't seem as evil as the anime might wanted him to look like. Trying to get rid of Shirayuki for.. what reason again? She's a nobody so she should be gone or something? Not sure.

I did like the scene where she first met the brother though. Zen trying to protect her wooooo
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 10, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
I thought Izana would be more of an asshole but he didn't really seem that way. Idk, maybe he'll become worse later in the story.

Raj was probably the best part of this episode, I don't like him but he's pretty funny.

And Zen's reaction when Raj said that Shirayuki was his fiancee was priceless lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 10, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2015
1st Prince appears and introduces the typical resentment between brothers. I'm more interested in what the reason will be in the next episode, but this one did some development in stirring up the situation between Zen and Shirayuki. Okay episode.
Aug 10, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
oh, idiot prince is back.
Aug 10, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
Omg welcome troll prince.

vanella96 said:
narutosister said:

I'm not sure... I would appreciate it if someone were to explain it a bit. I don't remember this part well enough.

They definitely skipped some important scenes, mainly the part where:

The tea party scene on is pretty accurate though especially the great declaration by the one and only Raj LOL Zen's reaction was the best hahaha
I CANT BELIEVE THEY DECIDED TO END IT MID WAY WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH OMG
vanella96 said:

I love ZenxShirayuki so much. They're both so adorable, especially together.

Forgot to actually mention something meaningful about the episode too hahaha. Ishida as Izana is perfect and Raj's reactions animated were brilliant. They are going at a faster pace now though, hopefully they don't cut out too many things @@
HiyuuTAug 10, 2015 1:10 PM
Aug 10, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2014
I actually get a bit curious and go to read the mangá chapter of this episode, and damn this have so many changes, why ?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
Zen's brother might come up with a plan...

Lol, the scene with Raj was pretty amusing.
Aug 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Sep 2008
ISHIDA AKIRA!!! >.<
FUKUYAMA JUN!!! >.<

Sometimes Zen's brother looks like Howl for me :)
Aug 10, 2015 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
Why big brothers are always the bad guy
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 10, 2015 2:29 PM
Jul 2015
The anime skipped some scenes in the manga... but I'm happy to see Raji again.
Aug 10, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2015
Woow a big brother ?? and a really hot one!! as if that wasn't enough for the voice actor to be Ishida Akira-sensei *melts* a very good episode, with a lot of sweet moments between Shirayuki and Zen, I wonder though what was that scratch, Raji's behavior was kinda funny xD
Aug 10, 2015 3:47 PM
Sep 2014
Shirayuki's Lines: Zen. Zen! Zen... Zen more Zen 😂
Aug 10, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
I was pumped for this episode at first with the introduction of Zen's brother, Izana, (and because I hadn't read this part of the manga) but I was a little let down with this episode. I kind of got what the studio and author were going for with trying to force/push the relationship between Shirayuki and Zen forward but the dialog and scenarios here just seemed a bit too vague and meta. There wasn't much clarity in what the characters were saying and thinking. Also, this was the first episode where the ending was not very satisfactory for me.
Aug 10, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
I actually like this episode quite a lot. It's pretty clear from what is happening that Izana is totally in control of the situation and his choice of words and suggestions is calculated to produce some reactions from Zen, Shirayuki and even poor prince Raji. We also get a good picture of the gap between Izana and Zen in terms of their maturity and impulsivity. This is a pretty key moment in Zen and Shiroyuki's relationship as Izana probably will be the person deciding if their relationship can continue while Zen is still in the line of succession to the throne.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 10, 2015 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
HiyuuT said:

They definitely skipped some important scenes, mainly the part where:

That's dumb. Why would she feel useless considering she's there to be a court herbalist and not a note taker-.-
Aug 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode!!!!
Zen and shirayuki need to hurry up and get together though :D
Aug 10, 2015 7:38 PM
Aug 2015
Inugirlz said:

That's dumb. Why would she feel useless considering she's there to be a court herbalist and not a note taker-.-

It wasn't the fact that she didn't do a good job as a note-taker or anything.
Aug 10, 2015 8:46 PM

Dec 2013
Oh shit.... Raj, you done fucked up. Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

I really don't like the fact that Izana is using underhanded powerplays to force things to go his way without dirtying his own hands. I mean. You're the first Prince and the Ruler of the country, is there really any need to be subtle when demanding explanations and ordering your subjects/brother to do your bidding? It makes really little sense to me. As a ruler, he could pretty much demand whoever he wants out of his Castle, or out of his Country for that matter. If you don't like Shirayuki and want to kick her out of your Country, just be a man and straight up say it.

Other than that, I guess this episode was pretty good in terms of forcing feels. Raj being the idiot he is was great in forcing Zen to think about his own feelings. Those hidden overheard conversations were nice in making Shirayuki think about her purpose and her motivation to carry on.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 10, 2015 9:18 PM

Apr 2011
I think this show is finally growing on me.
Aug 10, 2015 9:31 PM

May 2015
DesuTronic said:

so true xD
Another great episode... it was kind of a bummer not seen Shirayuki putting the first prince in his place or something like that, I love when she gets serious <3
Aug 10, 2015 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
Even Raj, a guy whose barely seen those two together, can see it.
Aug 10, 2015 10:48 PM

Feb 2015

I facepalmed at Raj calling Shirayuki Zen's fiancee.
We all know it's secretly true but Raj announcing it to everyone is just going to get Zen & Shirayuki in even bigger trouble.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2015 12:17 AM

Jun 2015

Love his reaction to her in uniform.

Also liked the scenes with Raj and Zen. Wonder what Shirayuki's reactions would be if she overheard them.

Not really trouble in paradise at the moment, but I expect more drama to come!

Aug 11, 2015 12:20 AM

Nov 2013
it's decent.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 11, 2015 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
I love prince Izana. But I think that a VA with deeper voice would've suit him better.

Gotta thank prince Raj for making this episode a lot more fun with his hilarious reactions XD
Aug 11, 2015 3:30 AM

Feb 2012
Oh Prince Raj, you're make me laugh!! Highlight character of the episode belongs to you! It would be interesting if Shirayuki overheard them discussing about the "fiance" topic. LOL!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 11, 2015 4:09 AM
Jun 2015
Another nice and peaceful episode. Zen's facial expressions throughout the ep are adorable.
Aug 11, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2012
yuliyana29 said:

decent episode, I think I might pick up the manga when this cour finishes. It'd be nice to be caught up by the season that the second cour airs.
Aug 11, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2012

And so it begins.

I'm kind of glad Shiraiyuki wasn't there to hear Raj's assumption they were engaged, I can't imagine that would have gone well.
Aug 11, 2015 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
That's a nice episode. It seems now the relationship between Zen & Shirayuki is finally going to progress, & it's all because of the first prince.
I like anime.
Aug 11, 2015 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
Shirayuki x Zen is killing me omg
Aug 11, 2015 7:21 AM

Jul 2009
cookie_thief said:
Inugirlz said:

It wasn't the fact that she didn't do a good job as a note-taker or anything.

daaaaaamn haters gonna hate. But nothing they can do! This ship has sailed. Thanks for the info, it probably won't be in the anime then because they skipped it so its nice extra info (or who knows it might still happen in a different order)
Aug 11, 2015 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
Lovely episode. Zen's brother surely is an interesting character. Hope they delve deeper into the relationship between those two. The romance between Shira and Zen's finally showing. Possible confession next episode. Can't wait!
Aug 11, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2010
im so in love with this adaption. //dies

great ep, funny faces from zen..haha! too cute!

i so thought she was going to talk to him before the ep ended...gotta reread it!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 11, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Raj and Obi were the best parts of this episode, I genuinely enjoyed them. I finally got fed up though; Shirayuki and Zen bore me so much. I think this anime just highlights the flaws I found in the manga. Dropped, and thank goodness.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.