Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2013
Hi guys,
Just wanna share my recently picked up hobby of mine.

First is my cactus ^^"
Bought this one when it was just baby and this one's been with me about a year. The original pot was tiny and it's gotten so big. So I decided to make a new home. And it was my very first experience trying to make my own little garden.

Second is my Petunia plant.
The Petunia's seeds have just been put in the egg shell(don't ask why the egg shell >_<). Will take a little within a week to see the sprouts. And I put a Clover I saw in front of my house. And another plant which I dunno its name. For this attempt, I decided to play with sand and more rocks/stones.

Hope you guys like it. I also have a few more plants that I grow in clear bottles (so I can see the underground level too). Most of them are now sprouting. I'll be updating this thread as they grow bigger.
Ravia_KurohanaAug 16, 2015 9:23 AM
Aug 10, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
That looks good! I hope you don't give up on your hobby, because I'd like to see more pictures. c:

Aug 10, 2015 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
That's actually really cool. What gave you the idea to start this little hobby?

I would like to see more pictures as well.
Aug 10, 2015 7:07 PM

Jun 2015
Looks very nice! Everything I try to grow dies. I wish I had a green thumb lol

Why the egg shell? :]

Aug 10, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
Really cool!
"Some people are so poor all they have is money."-Unknown
Aug 10, 2015 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Aww thank you guys so much really. At first I wasn't sure I should start a thread at all not knowing if there's any one would like this at all. So thank you for your support really ^///^

K-I-M-I said:
How did you come to this hobby?

Disonata said:
What gave you the idea to start this little hobby?
Hmm all started with the chilli plant behind our house. Its chillis are very spicy which we like. But it's at the back of house so it's hard to take care of. So I decided to take the seeds and plant in a glass bottle. Now they're all success, growing bigger and bigger everyday ^^!

Then I wanted to try something else too. And then before I knew it, I've bought clear plastic/glass containers, more seeds, soil and sand. And next thing I knew, I was making those little gardens instead of just plainly planting seeds in bottles. It's actually very fun and relaxing.

codephat said:
Why the egg shell? :]
Aww you troll xD Well yesterday I was cooking. I randomly recalled that you can use egg shells to fertilize the soil. So then an even more random idea came to me that "hey... I could plant something inside this thing, couldn't I?" Then yea, I gave it a try xD

There're more plastic containers at home. So I might start to do something again soon. As to why plastic containers, well they're cheap and clear, and easy to work with. I haven't been to big stores to buy things. So far the place near by house only sells plants, as in already grown or small plants. But I want seeds. I wanna start from zero; not from what others have already threw in effort to start. Next thing I want is to try and grow moss. Moss would be a really decent decoration given that I know how to grow one and maintain it lol so far I don't follow guides or anything.

Thank you guys and I will keep this thread updated, promise ^.~
Aug 10, 2015 10:28 PM

Apr 2015
Trying not to sound negative, but what makes you compelled to make a garden? I never saw the point to making one.
Aug 10, 2015 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
The chibi flag in the second pic though ^w^
Aug 11, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2013
Protaku94 said:
The chibi flag in the second pic though ^w^
Heehee~ Cute ain't it :3

OtakuJKP said:
Trying not to sound negative, but what makes you compelled to make a garden? I never saw the point to making one.
It's fun and relaxing for one. Every single day, I see people, pollution, cars, dust and all that. So I love seeing something green along with some colorful flowers.

Hmm and they're my own creations. It's like my own life achievements ya know xD And it's really relaxing and it brings peace to my heart to see something grow. Also the sense of success that something you care for so long has grown to become something bigger. I'm growing a chilli plant too so one day I could just go to my garden and harvest some. How nice is that? ^^
Aug 11, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
Really pretty l have always wanted to start a garden of my own, please do post more pictures of your garden.

Look alive sunshine!
The future is bulletproof
The aftermath is secondary
Its time to do it now and do it loud
Killjoys! Make some noise!
Aug 11, 2015 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
Looks really nice. I like your cactus! :D

I grew up in a house full of plants with a medium sized garden (since my mother loved gardening) so I know what you mean when you say that you feel great when you see something you planted grow. Although I don't do it myself at the moment, I see the appeal ... and judging by these pictures you have a knack for this. :)
Come here and play with my darkness
Aug 11, 2015 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Sweet stuff here, props to you.

Making these little gardens actually looks like to be quite the hobby, "fun and relaxing" are correct words to describe it.
I'd love to do something like this myself, when I'll have more time !
Aug 11, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Ravvie said:
OtakuJKP said:
It's fun and relaxing for one. Every single day, I see people, pollution, cars, dust and all that. So I love seeing something green along with some colorful flowers.

Hmm and they're my own creations. It's like my own life achievements ya know xD And it's really relaxing and it brings peace to my heart to see something grow. Also the sense of success that something you care for so long has grown to become something bigger. I'm growing a chilli plant too so one day I could just go to my garden and harvest some. How nice is that? ^^

That sounds nice and reasonable, I look forward to seeing it grow more and more.
Aug 12, 2015 1:48 AM

Aug 2013
Thank you very much guys really ^///^ This actually makes me really happy that you guys like what you see~

Here's something I made yesterday.
The idea is to have a mountain and a river. Since I can't really have a river or don't have enough experience to actually create one, I decided to use sand to represent water. You know like those Japanese Dry Gardens xD

Also I decided to try and make a fence. At first, I used chopsticks but they're way too bright and thick. So I searched for a dried branch and used it instead.

Inside the fence, I planted flower seeds (which I bought the other day). I'm expecting a week to see the sprouts~ Oh and they're Chrysanthemum seeds. Once they've grown big, I will move 'em out to a bigger place.

On the left is just a tiny plant I found on the ground. I don't even know what plant that is but I like the idea of having a plant with its shape near the 'pillar' stone.

On the right, at the back side is a 'tall' tree or so that I'd like to represent. Again I have no idea what plant it is lol. At the front is a type of fern and it'll grow fast.

The chopstick is just a random decoration xDD

And here's top view. ^^

-Skyleo- said:
I'd love to do something like this myself, when I'll have more time !
I hope you do find the time soon, I'd love to see your little gardens too :3
Aug 12, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2012
i love ur garden :D
Aug 12, 2015 7:43 AM
Jul 2015
A promise is a promise ^.^

Usually I just sit back and watch and crie at the beauty unraveling before my eyes, but now I'm gonna say a few words.

I like them!

There. You have your few words ^.^

On a more serious note now, I /do/ like them, it looks pweety. The last one caught me eye though, duuno why. It just looks so... or rather, what it represents makes it speciaru~. The mountain and the river are elements with a strong impact in the Japanese culture, but let's stop rambling xD

I really do like them. Keep it up and keep us updated with more little gardens. Nyaa~ ^.^

P.S.: But really now, what's with the egg shell? (I've seen the answer, but can't refrain from asking) xD
Aug 13, 2015 2:29 AM

Apr 2015
That last one does remind me of a Japanese Dry Garden; It gives off an ethnic vibe. I'm really digging it, keep it up!
Aug 17, 2015 4:23 AM

Aug 2013
Updates are here :3

Day before yesterday, I went to the shop where I bought soil and stuffs, this time I noticed she also sells decorations. So I grabbed a few. Therefore, my other gardens would have new additions to them ^^

Little Pond~
I've always wanted to make a pond so here's one. Idea is Oasis I guess. I have no idea what plant it is though. The white flowers caught my attention and I decided to buy it without second thought.

Here's top view.

Neko Garden =^.^=
Put the little neko in the garden and seeds inside the egg shell now finally have sprouts :3

Top view.

Usagi Garden Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Little usagi will enjoy his carrot here xD And seeds inside the fence also have sprouts now, yay~!

Top view.
Aug 17, 2015 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
Just looking at the images is very relaxing. I'm imagining the nice earthy smell that would come with it. I think this is a very interesting hobby, thanks you for sharing. :)

There are actually a lot of meanings behind gardens, especially in Japanese culture. Plants and their placing has different meanings. I can only imagine what you could do with it.

Please continue to post more pictures. I'll be watching this thread. :3

"I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards
Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart
But I don’t go to clubs and don’t believe in love
Or holding hearts in grips unless this fist is into which it’s bleeding from"

Aug 18, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
Thank you thank you :3
Now that I look at 'em again, the little toys really did add more value to the gardens.

Earthly smell huh? There's indeed the smell of soil I put in. Yea, placement of stones and plants is really the art in Japanese gardens. But for me, sadly, I just placed them as I saw fit >_<'

I think I'll do a research on how they're done with meaning. Thanks a lot for mentioning it.

Also, I'd like to ask others to kindly watch this thread as well so I wouldn't have to bother them with mesages xD
Aug 18, 2015 6:05 PM
Jul 2015
Okay, let's start with the beginning (obviously, not?)

The pond. I strongly believe I have no eye dysfunction (yet) so, why are there two ponds? Like, the second one is in the background near the cactus garden.
Anyway, the pond (let's call it the main pond) It looks interesting and with all that 'sand' it gives a nice (and hot) desert feel. A palm or two right next to the pond and we have a complete mirage xD

The Neko Garden. That flag made my day and I believe that's more than enough said nyaa =^.^=

Usagi Garden. Personally I would have go for a wilder animal (yeah, I know rabbits are wild animals, but you know, /wilder/) That's maybe because of the mountain and river thing, I would have go with a bear, but that's just me and my twisted thoughts.
Truth to be told these little gardens are meant to give a chill vibe and what not, so yeah, the rabbit actually fits really well. Kudos! :3
Aug 18, 2015 6:58 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Aww, these are cute. ;u;
All my mini gardens die, so it's great to see other people with their mini gardens! <333

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 19, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
Thanks Potato Shin~
But the lady didn't have all sorts of decorations. My choices were limited to those. She had a lot of those cows and things which I didn't find suitable for my chibi gardens at all xD

And the second pond is something my cousin wanted to try and make. She saw my gardens and wanted to make her own. ^^!

Swiggy said:
Aww, these are cute. ;u;
All my mini gardens die, so it's great to see other people with their mini gardens! <333

Thank you~
Ouch, why did they die?
Too much sun? Too much water? Or bugs?
Aug 19, 2015 7:29 PM
Jul 2015
Ravia_Kurohana said:
Thanks Potato Shin~
But the lady didn't have all sorts of decorations. My choices were limited to those. She had a lot of those cows and things which I didn't find suitable for my chibi gardens at all xD

And the second pond is something my cousin wanted to try and make. She saw my gardens and wanted to make her own. ^^!

Nyaahou~ I thought I already mentioned that /that/ is just my twisted idea. Your Usagi chibi garden looks just great (w/o a bear) ^.^
And oh, I'm glad to hear that you have influence over your cousin -evil laughter-
Aug 21, 2015 1:15 AM

Jun 2015
wow it looks really cute :o

Aug 21, 2015 1:31 AM

Nov 2013
Wow! You made a little pond and everything! Haha..

Neko/Egg garden is coming along nicely too. Keep it up.
Aug 23, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Hello hello everyone~
Thank you very much for your continuous support :3

Today, I've got something a bit different for you all ^^ *waku waku*

Come sit down and have a cup of cactus with Mikasa

I've told some of you recently that I bought a new cactus. But this isn't that one. I got this one some time ago and didn't get a chance to move it into a different place. Just last night, I came across the cup/mug, unused, unclaimed. Apparently my family got it from a wedding. So I asked for it decided to make a cap of cactus. xD

And I got Mikasa from a gachapon and I couldn't be happier to get her, yay~!!

Temaca said:
This is so cute omg :D i never could've even imagined this is a thing!
Favorite said:
wow it looks really cute :o
Thank you so much~!

Disonata said:
Wow! You made a little pond and everything! Haha..

Neko/Egg garden is coming along nicely too. Keep it up.
Mhm mhm *nods nods* It is. I'm excited to see the sprouts coming up each day :3 And thank you again nyaa~!
Aug 23, 2015 12:58 AM

Jul 2015
That is the most adorable cactus I've ever seen. xD

Very creative, thanks for sharing again! Please keep it up! ^^

"I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards
Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart
But I don’t go to clubs and don’t believe in love
Or holding hearts in grips unless this fist is into which it’s bleeding from"

Aug 23, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2013
That was really quick Snow o.o
Thank you very much :3 *gives cookies*
Aug 23, 2015 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
I am not trying to be a dick at all, in fact the cactus garden was very nice looking. I had one when i was younger, and right now i have been taking care of a succulent my teacher gave to all of my french 4 class as a graduation gift for college (was only 10 of us lol). But back to my main point in making this comment. I wanted to express how funny i thought it was how many replies this thread got, based off of what it is about, and they are nice comments, so thats cool/funny too haha.

Anyway, keep it up, your gardens look great.
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Aug 23, 2015 1:20 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god, that is the most cutest cactus and chibi Mikasa I have ever seen. I literally, screamed and I'm not that type of person. I know I have already said this, but I love your garden. I may not be a plant person, but this looks pretty damn relaxing. Can't wait to see more.
Aug 23, 2015 6:54 AM
Jul 2015
A cup of cactus with Mikasa, huh? xD Interesting approach I'd say. That chibi Mikasa definitely looks cute *__* And that's an interesting cactus as well o.o I've always imagined that cactuses are green so seeing a red one is a dramatic change nyahaha xD
Overall 9.99/10 Me like it =^.^=
Aug 25, 2015 8:07 AM

Aug 2013
Dawnslicer said:
I wanted to express how funny i thought it was how many replies this thread got, based off of what it is about, and they are nice comments, so thats cool/funny too haha.

Anyway, keep it up, your gardens look great.
If I wasn't restraining myself from replying all comments with thankyous, replies would've doubled lol. Anyway, thanks for your comment.

OtakuJKP said:
I literally, screamed and I'm not that type of person.
Hahahaa thank you again. I'm really glad they could relax you from thousands of miles away ^^;

Nanaha_Shin said:
And that's an interesting cactus as well o.o I've always imagined that cactuses are green so seeing a red one is a dramatic change nyahaha xD
Exactly why I bought it even though it's relatively more expensive than other plants. Worth it~ It will bear flowers at some point - the lady at the shop said so. I'll just have to wait :3

Also to not spam this thread, I will not always reply and express my gratitude here, instead I will most likely drop by your profiles.

As an update, I do have a chibi garden I've made last 2 weeks ago. However, one clover died on me and another one is still recovering. Seems they didn't like getting moved. So when the clover is green and presentable, I shall upload here ^^.

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 4 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
2 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
3 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
7 hours ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Today, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.