Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2015 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Everytime I think about Naruto ending up with Hinata I sort of feel sad for the guy. The whole fact that Sakura didn't love Naruto back you know. And I totally understand that you can't force someone to love you. I mean, it's the whole unrequited love thing.

Last few days I've been looking more logical at the whole NaruSaku thing and seriously, Sakura seems like a real useless character. I mean, how does someone marry another who on multiple occassions tried to kill you? Not once in the anime/manga did Sasuke return or even acknowledge Sakura's love for him, only at the ending where he flicked her in the face with his fingers.

I mean, if Ino and Naruto ended up together it would still feel better. Maybe it's because I don't think Hinata is attractive? Ino and Sakura feel more like the attractive girls in the series, tenten too.

But it does make sense if you look back at it all: kushina and naruto sort of have the same personality, and minato and hinata are the quiet types types, so looking at it that way, the pairings do make sense.

So why do I still feel sad for Naruto? Hinata is a sweet girl and far from unattractive, but I don't know. Hinata isn't a dumb girl so surely she knows that Naruto loved Sakura first? How come she isn't feeling bad for being the "second choice"?

Maybe I feel this way because Naruto went for the "second choise" instead of going for someone completely different from Hinata and Sakura, like with tenten or ino.

Also, the whole Sakura playing cupid for Naruto and Hinata was just outrageous and horrible! If I were Naruto and understood what Sakura was doing I would feel bad, because Naruto loved Sakura and the girl he loved is trying to set him up with another girl, that's just bad.

In my opinion Kishimoto should have gotten different partners for Naruto and Sasuke. Ino moved on, so should Sakura have. Maybe go for Kiba and Sakura pairing and Hinata with Shino or something. And Naruto with Ino and Sasuke with tenten or something.

Please help me understand and get over this.

Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Aug 10, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
Thought this would be about NaruSaku making more sense, turns out it's a Sakura hate thread and some weird girl relationship romance stuff.

Anyway, I still think it's the best pairing in the series. I really believed it would happen, makes more sense than Hinata x Naruto..

Naruto Gaiden made me feel a bit better with Sakura x Sasuke but it's still a bad pairing, it undermines Sakura's character.

Oh well.
tsudecimoAug 10, 2015 2:01 AM
Aug 11, 2015 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, ShikaTema is the only pairing that made any sense. A 2 hour movie does not do justice for Hinata's 700 chapters and 600+ episodes of unrequited feelings for Naruto.
And they explained why Naruto gave up on Sakura in the movie (definitely not satisfied with it though). It was something like "I only liked Sakura-chan because she liked Sasuke and I wanted to beat him". Although it's a terrible explanation and totally just shrugs off the clearly genuine feelings Naruto had in Part I, it's still an explanation.
Aug 12, 2015 1:25 AM

Jun 2014
NaruHina makes more sense than NaruSaku imo. They should've interacted more throughout the series, especially after the Pain Invasion arc but whatever. SasuSaku sucks ass.
Aug 12, 2015 1:40 AM

Mar 2014
vikki7783 said:
Honestly, ShikaTema is the only canon pairing that made any sense.A 2 hour movie does not do justice for Hinata's 700 chapters and 600+ episodes of unrequited feelings for Naruto.
And they explained why Naruto gave up on Sakura in the movie (definitely not satisfied with it though). It was something like "I only liked Sakura-chan because she liked Sasuke and I wanted to beat him". Although it's a terrible explanation and totally just shrugs off the clearly genuine feelings Naruto had in Part I, it's still an explanation.
FIFY
Aug 22, 2015 6:49 AM
Oct 2013
Kuro-chin said:
Everytime I think about Naruto ending up with Hinata I sort of feel sad for the guy. The whole fact that Sakura didn't love Naruto back you know. And I totally understand that you can't force someone to love you. I mean, it's the whole unrequited love thing.

Last few days I've been looking more logical at the whole NaruSaku thing and seriously, Sakura seems like a real useless character. I mean, how does someone marry another who on multiple occassions tried to kill you? Not once in the anime/manga did Sasuke return or even acknowledge Sakura's love for him, only at the ending where he flicked her in the face with his fingers.

I mean, if Ino and Naruto ended up together it would still feel better. Maybe it's because I don't think Hinata is attractive? Ino and Sakura feel more like the attractive girls in the series, tenten too.

But it does make sense if you look back at it all: kushina and naruto sort of have the same personality, and minato and hinata are the quiet types types, so looking at it that way, the pairings do make sense.

So why do I still feel sad for Naruto? Hinata is a sweet girl and far from unattractive, but I don't know. Hinata isn't a dumb girl so surely she knows that Naruto loved Sakura first? How come she isn't feeling bad for being the "second choice"?

Maybe I feel this way because Naruto went for the "second choise" instead of going for someone completely different from Hinata and Sakura, like with tenten or ino.

Also, the whole Sakura playing cupid for Naruto and Hinata was just outrageous and horrible! If I were Naruto and understood what Sakura was doing I would feel bad, because Naruto loved Sakura and the girl he loved is trying to set him up with another girl, that's just bad.

In my opinion Kishimoto should have gotten different partners for Naruto and Sasuke. Ino moved on, so should Sakura have. Maybe go for Kiba and Sakura pairing and Hinata with Shino or something. And Naruto with Ino and Sasuke with tenten or something.

Please help me understand and get over this.

Because there is a difference between this:

And this:

There is also a difference between perception and intelligence between him:

and him:

There is also the issue of language barriers that lead to misstranslations.

During the confessions Sakura says Suki=like/love, Naruto declares as a kid that he suki=loves/likes Sakura (can be said towards friends). Hinata claims towards Naruto that she Daisuki=likes alot lot/loves him (can also be declared towards friends). During The Last Naruto claims that he koi=loves affectionately/romantic Hinata.
Aug 26, 2015 7:56 AM

Mar 2008
its not that weird to suddenly lose that spark you had with someone from a few years back because you finally understood that the other party loves someone and can't love you back.. he moved on, and found a new one..
Sep 13, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
Kuro-chin said:

Agree with u and this is what i disliked most about this movie, so forced love.

Oct 1, 2015 4:14 PM
Jun 2013
Kuro-chin said:

Its not really outrageous since naruto kinda knew going after sakura is pointless at this point. So they are just good friends. So why cant a good friend try to hook you up.
Oct 30, 2015 7:29 PM
Jan 2015
Aren't you some ********* clickfisher?
Nov 16, 2015 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Naruto and hinata are still a better couple
Nov 11, 2016 5:13 PM
Apr 2015
Naruto and Sakura make no sense , Sakura followed the crowd n shunned Naruto , Hinata believed in Naruto since the beginning . Sakura played with Narutos heart . I think that's when his feelings for her dissipated quickly . I love Naruto and Hinata they are right for each other
Sep 11, 2019 10:20 PM
Apr 2013
Come on guys, what's wrong with you? If marrying another girl than the one you liked with 12 or 13 makes that girl a second choice, then probably 99% of all relationships would consist of second choices. I don't know how old you are but with more than double the age of 12, I can tell you that for sure... :-D
Mar 8, 2020 7:36 PM
Nov 2017
You should read the original mange Hinata and Naruto had a lot of moments but i understand your opinion. Some of the pairings in General feel random

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 7 - The Last Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sarroush - Apr 24, 2015

276 by JonnyMcThicc »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.