Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nijiiro Days' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2014
Has my interest. Very solid voice cast, the chief director directed Shiki which I thought was great and the guy on series composition was also in charge of series composition for Mushishi. Production Reed I'm not sure about, they've never been in charge of a proper full length TV series before so can't really judge them (they're co-producing a series this Fall it seems though and have worked on some OVAs it seems).
Aug 9, 2015 11:14 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Whaaat? Yes! Yes! Yes! More shoujo adaptations please!
Can Last Game be next?
Aug 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
GUYS. THIS IS NOT YAOI. NOR DOES THE GUYS HAVE AN ADORABLE PERSONALITY.

Thought I'd just let you guys know. Although it is pretty adorable in its own way but the guys' personality are far from adorable.
Do expect a cute romance though^^

Aug 9, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Matsuoka being Natsuki really does not sit well with me. Natsuki is supposed to be innocent, naive, and adorable. Matsuoka's voice just isn't that. It's always deep and the thought of his trademark scream coming from Natsuki just irks me.
Aug 9, 2015 1:01 PM
Aug 2011
looks kawaii :3

adds to ptw
Aug 9, 2015 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
bleh skipped
:3
Aug 9, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2011
I'm not surprised because this was in like the upper ranks for a poll on what manga should be adapted into an anime and I'm super excited because this manga is pretty adorable. There are people here that compare it to other (more popular, at least in this area) shoujo stuff and I think that's not exactly valid because Nijiiro Days is veeeeery different in comparison to stories like Yona and Shirayuki. The main character isn't even a girl! And it's not a fantasy setting either. Romance also is not the primary genre. It's hard to compare the two considering it's also not a serious story, it's supposed to be the comedy.

Anyways it's cute so I'm very much looking forward!! Meanwhile I'll sit here and wait for my favourites to never get adapted lmao...
Aug 9, 2015 2:32 PM

Mar 2009
the manga is very cute.. so looking forward to the anime ..

Aug 9, 2015 3:48 PM
Nov 2013
The art looks very cute, definitely on my ptw

wha.. what Matsuoka is also in this omg he's everywhere
Aug 9, 2015 3:53 PM
Jan 2015
Nowadays, only popular shojo manga get anime adaptation, but after the release of ore monogatari we can see that production always choose different kind of shojo to adapt like Hatsukoi Monster (love between elementary school & high school), Nijiiro Days (love about 4 different type of guy) and what shock is some of them is from Betsuma Magazine for example Kimi Ni Todoke, Ao Haru Ride, Ookami Shojo and there is one new interesting manga in Betsuma that maybe will get the chance, Machida-Kun No Sekai, you can read this on otakumole.ch.
Aug 9, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2013
I saw all boys and got excited, then saw that the comments about it being a straight romance with no BL hints. Siiigghh... I'll still watch it though I enjoy some shoujo every now and then. Boys look cute too.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Aug 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
phoenixalia said:
shanimebib said:

This however, is not your breakthrough shoujo manga. Other than AkaYona and Shirayuki, there hasn't been any great manga for this demography that has been adapted to anime in recent years. It's good (more inclined to say okay, but it has its fun moments) but not great. There were quite a number of excellent shoujo manga that never got adapted as their serialization ended.

Sorry if it sounds I am ranting. I never recovered from the fact that Orange would never get an anime adaptation.

About Orange, I know that feel sis.

Sis? that gotta be a type lol.
[Hover]I grew up following my two older sisters. So, it can't be helped I guess![/Hover]

phoenixalia said:
And yeah, I read a little bit of the manga and it was no where near as good as Yona, Shirayuki or KamiHaji.

I actually never read KamiHaji. But I love the anime (which reminds me I have to finish S2).

phoenixalia said:
Btw, still waiting for Last Game.

BatoKusanagi said:
Can Last Game be next?

This is a bit tricky. Despite the fact that it is unbelievably intriguing and it is indeed one of the cutest things ever, the chance of this getting adapted to an anime is almost none. Call me crazy but I have a feeling that as far as adaptations go, there is a hidden negativity when

a) the female protagonist is NOT a minor (there are few exceptions like NANA and Itazura na Kiss) and

b) when there is an age difference (more than 2 years) between the male and female leads (also there are few exceptions like Skip Beat! Glass no Kamen).

Unfortunately, Rasuto Geemu falls under category a).

I am not a fan of harem shows reverse or not (there are few exceptions). I really thought shoujo genre is dead for me due to the number of reverse harem/game being adapted in recent years. So every time I see anime like AkaYona, Shirayuki, AoHaru, Soredemo Sekai or KamiHaji I rejoice.

Unfortunately, most of my favorite manga never saw the light of adaptation. So, I am kinda used to it.

Orange was still a bit hard to take seeing it not being adapted. They haven't even announced Natsume S5 or Kimi ni Todoke S3. The more I think, the more I get mad. :@
shanimebibAug 9, 2015 4:33 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 9, 2015 5:44 PM

Aug 2015
Looks interesting. Added to my plan to watch.
Aug 9, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
moodie said:
cute boys doing cute things "yay i cant wait"
cute girls doing cute things "ugh what is this genericness plz stop"

love mal and its double standards

Don't forget the "ew more fujoshi bait!!" or "typical generic shoujo" comments. Like Pheonix said, both shows get flak. Female moe will get more flak for being generic because well, there's more than a hundred shows that can count as one while "male moe", there's less than 10 existing ones.

Zeroskye said:
Matsuoka being Natsuki really does not sit well with me. Natsuki is supposed to be innocent, naive, and adorable. Matsuoka's voice just isn't that. It's always deep and the thought of his trademark scream coming from Natsuki just irks me.

mm, I think Matsuoka can pull it off. He sounds pervy in most of his anime roles but I'm pretty sure he can pull off innocent.

shanimebib said:
This however, is not your breakthrough shoujo manga. Other than AkaYona and Shirayuki, there hasn't been any great manga for this demography that has been adapted to anime in recent years. It's good (more inclined to say okay, but it has its fun moments) but not great. There were quite a number of excellent shoujo manga that never got adapted as their serialization ended.

This is also not Kimi to Boku. Kimi to Boku is a true gem in its genre which has very powerful way of executing the story as it is told. This doesn't have that. I would replace an adaptation of this with a Kimi to Boku S3 in a heartbeat.

I don't think Shirayuki is that great of a show though? It's a decent slice of life but it gets stale after a while. AkaYona is definitely an 8/10 like Kimi to Boku, though for being powerful.

As long as this series can manage to be a great slice of life and calming show, it'll be worth the watch, I find.
Aug 10, 2015 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
Not that happy with Matsuoka but Natsuki character is quite similar to Miyamura (Horimiya) and they got the same VA so no surprise there. Uchiyama is perfect for Tsuyoshi.

The manga is good so far. (Kimi to Boku with more romance) Hopefully, they won't ruin the original art style.
Aug 10, 2015 5:59 AM
Apr 2013
Monjoex said:
Is this going to be 24+ minutes or 3-5 minutes long per episode ?

Judging by the amount of pages per Chapter (Around 40 pages), it's most likely going to be 24 minutes

Can't wait to see Kei-chan and Nacchan, oh, and Tsuyopon X Yukirin

Edit : Matsuoka as the innocent Nacchan? Can't remember if he ever voiced an innocent character though, guess I'll have to wait
dellzzAug 10, 2015 6:09 AM
Aug 10, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2015
Perfect Voice cast
Aug 10, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
I don't think Shirayuki is that great of a show though? It's a decent slice of life but it gets stale after a while. AkaYona is definitely an 8/10 like Kimi to Boku, though for being powerful.

As long as this series can manage to be a great slice of life and calming show, it'll be worth the watch, I find.

I agree, about Shirayuki, AkaYona and Kimi to Boku. Shirayuki's characters are pretty bland. AkaYona excels a lot in characters, and those characters make up for the slow/somewhat generic plot. If the Nijiiro Days anime can retain the charm of the manga, it'll be an amusing slice of life. Like Kimi to Boku., it doesn't have a set plot, but the characters are really endearing and unique.

I'm worried about Matsuoka trying to portray the vanilla Nacchan though. I guess I'll watch the Horimiya OVA's and see if he's any good. I guess his voice as Yukimura from Aoharu could be considered "innocent," but I don't like his voice there. Aughhh well I'm hoping for the best. Complaining won't change the voice actor. ;_;

I always thought Kamiya Hiroshi would be perfect for Keiichi's role though...
Aug 10, 2015 7:59 AM

Apr 2008
Yay can't wait - if adapted right should be an enjoyable watch :)
Aug 10, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2014
This anime doesn't look like it's much fun, but the manga's almost got an 8. I guess I'll just add it.
Aug 10, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
I'm ready to hear more Kouki Uchiyama.
Aug 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
Zeroskye said:

My thoughts exactly. I really don't know why they cast him as Natsuki :/

Edit; it would have made more sense if Matsuoka and Shimazaki changed roles x)
Chibi-AliceAug 11, 2015 9:48 AM
Aug 11, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
I will look forward to it.
Aug 11, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
Vashavi said:
Looks pretty Yaoi to me.

Yeah, all shows with only one gender in the main cast must be homosexual!
Aug 11, 2015 11:25 PM
Mar 2010
mayukachan said:
Vashavi said:
Looks pretty Yaoi to me.

Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 12, 2015 8:22 AM

Aug 2011
mayukachan said:
Vashavi said:
Looks pretty Yaoi to me.

However, this would also be a favourable outcome!

I think the only representation in this manga is that girl who likes the girl Natsuki likes (is this a spoiler?? I mean it's blatantly obvious how she likes her) but she'll probably end up falling for that guy which... bothers me a lot. I feel like that's a thing that happens a lot :/ (in manga/anime, that is. The girl who also likes girls ends up either a) being sidelined or b) just... falling for another guy which is sad))
Aug 12, 2015 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
intresting
Aug 12, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
YEY! (":
Aug 13, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
I just hoped knew this would be adapted to anime one day when this series was debuting! キャハハ((〃∀〃人〃∀〃))キャハハ Glad that I didn't put this off for nothing. I'm worried about whether the voices will fit for me, though (didn't listen to the drama CD/vomic yet, either).
Anyway, finally some proper refreshing x youth x boys (b'∀'[cute boys doing cute things]'∀'d) series in anime format...
Aug 26, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2010
I was hoping this would get an adaptation, it's one of the better shoujo's out there and it's centered guys instead of girls.

And how am I not surprised that people are mistaking this for a yaoi? It's pretty far from that however.

"Cute boys doing cute things"? I don't recall anything the guys do as cute personally. Often hilarious, but hardly cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
OMG JANUARY 2016
THATS NEXT SEASON
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Oct 13, 2015 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
I saw how they look like in anime. They are hot <3
Btw, Nijiro days is romance. If MAL didn't add it, that doesn't means it's a gay show. But I really wish it was Bromance T^T
Nov 5, 2015 9:13 PM
Jun 2015
Watching it!
Nov 13, 2015 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Just read the manga, definitely looking forward to this.
Nov 13, 2015 5:50 PM

Sep 2014
Hmm..
Looks interesting. I might watch.
Nov 13, 2015 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
Looks great.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 13, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
moodie said:
cute boys doing cute things "yay i cant wait"
cute girls doing cute things "ugh what is this genericness plz stop"

love mal and its double standards
Maybe it's generic because it's girls.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
6 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.