Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2007 1:49 AM
Sep 2006
I adored this episode, I really did. Probably because of the ending and all the fluff that Romeo didn't know about till the end. XD I squealed in this one... Anyway, I must say it was awesome how Romeo saved Juliet from the fire by actually stepping on it. Also, Benvolio gets points for caring about his friend. Can't wait for the next episode!
May 4, 2007 4:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kanashimi said:
XD I squealed in this one... !

xD

Yeah, I liked this episode, too. I believe they even used a line from the real deal in the translation. So yeah, for above stated reasons, good episode.

Also, yay for bug fixes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 4, 2007 9:38 AM
Sep 2006
Ah, yes, I noticed that too. "If this flower had no name, it would still smell as sweet." I was actually too thrilled to hear it. xD
May 4, 2007 9:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That's the one. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 4, 2007 4:10 PM

May 2007
Great episode. I also had a squee moment when I recognized the translated line. Haha.
May 4, 2007 4:11 PM

Apr 2007
ZOMG!! I saw the end of the opening and my roomates and I were all like O_____O SMEX???

Shit is going to go down in the next episode~ OMG! @___@

Anyway, I was upset with that cliffhangar! xD
hisuikireiMay 4, 2007 4:26 PM

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
May 7, 2007 12:43 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Great episode, just like everyone else has said. Can't wait for the next one!

Cliffhangers ftl. ARG!
May 7, 2007 4:04 AM

Aug 2006
The series is just "ok" for me. I dunno... maybe it's because of my love of the original work... **sigh**. This was a good episode, and I'm anxious to see what happens next... but at this point, I'm not sure I'm gonna continue watching this 'till the end. Like I said, I think I'm just biased.
May 7, 2007 4:07 PM

Mar 2007
How long till we can get the next episode, I am dying!
May 8, 2007 7:00 AM

Mar 2007
I loved this episode. But something bugged me. I love romance, but it's kind of irritating when all the characters are too shy and all the do is blush, stutter and be embarassed by anything. LOL maybe it's just my opinion.
May 12, 2007 12:59 AM

Feb 2007
Arrr, this wont torrent for me for some strange reason *cries* I am going to go try again or something.. stupid error..

Edit: Saw it, it was awesome!!!
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLMay 12, 2007 10:41 AM
Jun 2, 2007 2:57 AM

Apr 2007
"you like his dad!"
"no i dont i just appreciate his character"
"Becca likes the daaa~d"
"Shut up! before is send the Duke after you!"

(this is my convo with my roommate xD)

yar =/

i love this series SO MUCH!
hisuikireiJun 2, 2007 3:39 AM

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
Mar 28, 2009 7:14 AM

Aug 2008
I adored the episode! What I can say? I am romantic!
Oct 18, 2009 7:52 AM

Sep 2008
Yeahhhh I loved this episode. XD The translated line and the fluff at the end... wewt.

I feel kind of bad for the people who get apprehended for no reason, just 'cause someone said they might be the Red Whirlwind. All the peasants should start pointing fingers at each other... Maybe then the guard people/"police" won't know where to turn?
Jan 13, 2010 4:13 AM

Dec 2009
Everyone loves fluff. Loved when Romeo saved Juliet and they ended up...well you all know. Just so awww.

I think I just have to watch the next episode right away! :)
<i>Even if I carry these countless scars with me
Quickly or softly, either way you aren't getting my soul</i>
May 18, 2010 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
Two words: fan service!!
Haha
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

May 29, 2010 7:13 PM
Apr 2008
Really good episode.
Aug 9, 2010 11:30 PM

Apr 2010
Kanashimi said:
<span style="color:navy">I adored this episode, I really did. Probably because of the ending and all the fluff that Romeo didn't know about till the end. XD I squealed in this one... Anyway, I must say it was awesome how Romeo saved Juliet from the fire by actually stepping on it. Also, Benvolio gets points for caring about his friend. Can't wait for the next episode!</span>

This is all I can say! Read my mind.
I was all like "Woaaah" at the end. It felt so lovely dovey when they were flying together!
It gave me all sorts of fuzzy feelings~
Oct 4, 2010 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
the only quibble I had is this: that much hair does not fit under that kind of wig without some kind of dimensional portal.

For some reason it seemed really glaring today.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Mar 28, 2011 10:03 PM

Mar 2011
I thought the same about the hidden hair! Definitely loving the series. I did think the bishie romance with Odin/Romeo was a little odd. As far as he knew, Odin was a guy..
May 8, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
brucescrews said:
I thought the same about the hidden hair! Definitely loving the series. I did think the bishie romance with Odin/Romeo was a little odd. As far as he knew, Odin was a guy..

lol, ya. I thought the same thing. Romeo is a nice guy, but inviting some guy he just met to go flying with him? Oh well. :) It was still cute.

I'm watching this dubbed, cracks me up that I am watching a show that was translated from Old English, into Japanese and back into English. It's a plus that I get to watch it in English because of all the quotes from Shakespeare's original works that they keep throwing in.

The "Why? It's nothing I've never seen before" line cracked me up. Romeo had no idea.

Apr 13, 2012 9:51 AM

Jul 2011
brucescrews said:

i thought that was odd too i was like uh? romeo you headed to the other side of the fence buddy??
Apr 24, 2012 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was just too awkward for me. The way Romeo treated Odin just felt weird and I felt that a great opportunity was missed. I don’t care who you are, if someone offers you a chance to ride with them on a flying horse you will except so I’m cool with that part, but the conversation just didn’t seem to go anywhere. It would have been hilarious if Romeo asked Odin for advice concerning love or something like that. At least that cat is out of the bag so there shouldn’t be any more situations like that again.
Jul 6, 2012 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
They sure know when to end episodes...
Aug 8, 2012 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
"Odin" is a girl. Not too surprising but that last scene of this episode is priceless :>
Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Romeo told a guy (as far as he knew) that he liked how he smelled? Not gay at all...
But I am finally starting to like this anime. During the previous episodes, I just felt like it was something which has been done again and again. But now, I'm left wondering if it will actually end as the tragic love story which Romeo and Juliet is known to be. Anything could happen at this point and I am more and more suprised as the anime furthers. There is no relationship to reconcile over Romeo and Juliet's death because the Capulets have been killed.
Also, Juliet is kickass.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Dec 26, 2013 2:32 AM

Jan 2013
That ending! Can't wait to see how this turns out in the next episode
Feb 7, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2012
Good going Romeo :p Pretty decent episode with some nice development in the end let's see what will happen next!
Jun 22, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2013
i love awkward scenes like this one
Apr 14, 2017 1:29 AM

Nov 2009
Oh I loved this episode!! That ending though I didn't see that coming
Apr 26, 2017 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
I thought since he figured out Odin smelled of Iris's and so did the red whirlwind or whatever and Juliet that he'd worked out they were all one in the same ... until the end of the episode when it's clear, he's not so bright lol.

It was a super cute episode though!

I can't believe she nearly fell in the fire! but at least he saved her and ended up on top of her after, awkward lol. But totally adorable indeed! <3

I can't wait to see next one <3 :3
Apr 29, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
If I was Juliet when she was on the dragon steed, one of the things I would be wondering is if Romeo was into guys because let a stranger ride on his steed, while he was basically hugging the "guy." Also he seemed to complement him on his smell, so Juliet knows he smells guys. At least he wasn't embarrassed to be changing next to a dude.
I liked the episode, especially the ending, but if I was Juliet it would have raised some red flags. I guess a girl in love wouldn't be thinking like that though.
Jul 10, 2017 2:13 PM

Dec 2014
FUCK
It was for a split second but I think I saw a huge spoiler today while browsing.

Also Romeo acting a little too close & personal with a boy (even though it was Juliet). I don't know what Juliet was expecting when she was changing, taking her sweet ass time when Romeo is just out the door.

PS: This shit reminds of the Fire Emblem games. It just lacks dragons lmao
Oct 21, 2017 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
Lol and thought Juliet would call him sukebe after Romeo saw her changingxD

And then happened what was bound to happen....

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2018 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
omg that was cute XD

Oct 26, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2010
Huh. They flipped the "a flower by any other name" line. Rather than having Romeo say it to Juliet, it's Juliet saying it to Romeo. And, rather than a courting line, appearing to have Romeo proclaim his love regardless of their families, it's Juliet begrudging Romeo's name, wishing that he were born into another family so their bloodlines wouldn't be as conflicted. It's a different interpretation of the line, and I never would have thought to apply the line in such a way.
Dec 14, 2018 3:33 PM

May 2013
Oh my...... *blushes* v////v
So romantic, huehue~

Anime fall scenes are so cliche, but if you ship the characters and it works, then it works hahaha :P
Jul 10, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2017
I really love trying to explain Romeo not recognizing Odin/Juliet. Perhaps Juliet’s impressively hair-concealing wig has some magical, Clark Kent glasses-esque ability to disguise her? More likely, Romeo has only ever seen Juliet (at least sans mask) twice before this (and rather briefly both times).

True love at its finest.

That’s the core of Romeo and Juliet, after all. Two naive teenagers who know nothing of love, who are smitten at first sight, who know very little of one another, and yet each believe they cannot live without the other. The foolishness of young love, of simple infatuation.

I’m torn between wanting some actual development in the romance and feeling like the current lack of any fits the source well. It at least feels a little lacking to have Juliet obsess over Romeo, yet be incapable of having ANY conversation with him without trying to keep herself distant (especially with how she keeps trying to run away).
Jan 24, 2021 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
Phewww what an episode! that last bit was absolutely adorable, I wonder where it will lead to.
Kinda did suspect the Father was not so holy, I'm guessing he is exchanging Information for his own protection. typical.
Also very cute moment that he pegasus? either recognised Juliet or likes the smell or Irises...I wonder why...

Next Episode really looks intense....

I'm also loving that it does not follow the Original Play that much but that so far it just seems to be loosely based off on it. But that they still keep certain aspects/ "lines" here and now.
sirenixJan 24, 2021 5:08 PM
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 28, 2021 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
Mistrals_ said:
I really love trying to explain Romeo not recognizing Odin/Juliet. Perhaps Juliet’s impressively hair-concealing wig has some magical, Clark Kent glasses-esque ability to disguise her? More likely, Romeo has only ever seen Juliet (at least sans mask) twice before this (and rather briefly both times).

True love at its finest.

That’s the core of Romeo and Juliet, after all. Two naive teenagers who know nothing of love, who are smitten at first sight, who know very little of one another, and yet each believe they cannot live without the other. The foolishness of young love, of simple infatuation.

I’m torn between wanting some actual development in the romance and feeling like the current lack of any fits the source well. It at least feels a little lacking to have Juliet obsess over Romeo, yet be incapable of having ANY conversation with him without trying to keep herself distant (especially with how she keeps trying to run away).
So you are telling Romero was trying to get it on with a boy, if he didn't know it was Juliet? Well this was Italy the middle ages lol Romero was offly close to a person he thought was a guy.
Mar 30, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2019
Too much Romance had me forwarding most of it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.