Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 14, 2009 8:52 AM

Mar 2009
This season was much better than the first one that I don't like very much! Loved it!!
I loved it how tough Sousuke was with the General! 'If you don't like it I leave!' :-D
I want a new season!!! Please!!! :-D And really would like him to choose Kaname.
Dec 27, 2009 8:12 PM
Jul 2009
Wow! Just WOW! This series blew me away, especially the last 3 episodes. ^_^

The Second Raid was sooooo much better than the first FMP! I really liked how the story was continuous instead of being told in arcs. And TSR was so much darker than the first FMP! that I couldn't believe my eyes! XD

I was a bit skeptical at first whether to give this a 10 or not, but the last 3 episodes won me over. 10/10 ^_^
Julio-samaDec 27, 2009 8:15 PM
Dec 30, 2009 4:24 AM

Aug 2008
great, i liked how Sousuke by seeing Chidori got motivation <3
there are too much of mysteries, Tessa's brother, Chidori x Sousuke .....
Kotofei said:

Need 4 season! T_________T
Jan 6, 2010 9:36 AM
May 2008
Terribly cheesy and predictable ending... but it works for this series imo. Also, it would be nice to get another season or two to resolve the rest of the mysteries, but for now I'll read the light novels.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Sep 2009
Thank god they didn't run with Emo-souke.
Even thought it was the last episode. God, I HATE when characters turn emo.

Good ending. I want more.
Feb 5, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
Like most here, probably, I liked this season way more than the first one.
KyoAni did very well here.
Feb 9, 2010 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
What really makes this anime great is the characters and interactions between Sousuke and Chidori, which is why Fumoffu will always be my favorite season.
Overall really enjoyable season that hot all the right beats and left us with a satisfying conclusion.
9/10

Mar 6, 2010 4:19 PM

Mar 2010
Chidori, WHY???? Why didn't you tell Souseke, dammit!
Anyways, I found the ending to be good but at the same time many things were unanswered. I'd really want for another anime season.
I'm also looking for the novels.
May someone tell me where I can find the novels?
Mar 21, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
I overall liked this series 9/10.

Tessa is such a qtpi, I'll be sure to watch her OVA next. :)
May 20, 2010 11:25 AM

Sep 2009
Loved this season, Chidori x Sousuke ftw!!
Renegade765 said:
Need third season......Now!!!
Jun 2, 2010 9:06 PM

Aug 2009
Wtf
No kiss scene?
NOOOOOooo...
Lol all well.
It was a good ending anyways.
Hopes theres a new season... wait wtf its been about 5 years already.
-___-
Jul 23, 2010 11:57 PM
Jan 2010
i love this anime, it is sooo good from the first ep i was hooked and i wish they would make more :)
Jul 31, 2010 2:53 AM

Apr 2010
sigh i noe we prob not getting another season and i know he not gonna choose tessa{hotter one) but i hope for alter ending with him choosing tessa or at least a ending with him choosing someone
Aug 24, 2010 1:36 PM
Jun 2010
This season blew the first out of the water but MAN the ending was weak as hell.
Aug 25, 2010 9:51 PM

May 2010
The ending was very satisfying. I am very pleased.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 30, 2010 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
kya.......... Cant wait for next sequel..

Sousuke.. reliezed his feelings for Kaname..

but.. why.. Sousuke tell Tessa .. she someone important to him??? he? and Tessa Misunderstand..i think tessa taught sousuke like him? ----a I would like to see Kaname-Sousuke pair!!!

edited... i reading Full Metal Panic Sigma manga now... when Sousuke-Tessa talk each other after meeting.. He said Tessa is important friend for him.. and.. in anime.. why Sousuke said Tessa someone important to him? Is it anything wrong with this anime.. aaaaaaaaaaaa....

i would like to see Kaname-Sousuke pair.!!!
Misel_chanAug 30, 2010 3:17 AM

Sep 3, 2010 12:22 AM

May 2010
Absolutely incredible. 10/10. And 5x better than the first season. It did slow down the last few episodes a little, but not enough to lower my rating. Of course I wanted a kiss or at least a confession, but I knew I wouldn't get one. The action and fights were much better, and the emotion made it a bit more serious of a series. I couldn't believe it was already over after every episode.
Nov 1, 2010 2:23 AM
Oct 2010
No kiss at the end, and I figure that girl on the roof is wraith, I mean i doubt they would confuse you like that, and with tessa's brother showing up and randomly not being a part to the end at all, obviously means there going to be more seasons :)
Nov 9, 2010 8:51 AM

Sep 2008
Man oh man, what an improvement over first season. The action was better, the characters way deeper, and the storyline better paced and more satisfying. Sousuke felt like a human being this time around, instead of an unflinching soldier slash warfreak. The comedy aspects were toned down quite a lot, but hey, I've yet to watch Fomoffu so I guess I'll have my fill.

I pray to God there'll be a sequel, since there is plenty of material to draw from. Has it been confirmed yet? I hope it has.
Nov 11, 2010 5:24 AM

Jul 2010
I liked FMP:TSR a lot, and it was better than the first season. I'm also hoping there will be another season, has there been any news regarding this yet? It's been so long now.

Maybe we should all go buy FMP DVDs to stimulate them a little :P
Nov 15, 2010 6:51 AM
Nov 2010
I need season 4 now. Just finished the novels. Its killing me. O and i did watch the OVA and it will still never change my mind. If you read the books. Sousuke's true feelings are for Kaname. She completes him. She is what he never had before, a chance for a life. Also. I understand peoples frustration with the series lacking romantic closure and the abundance of comedy in parts where maybe they aren't necessary. Personally i enjoy the comedy in this show. its one of the few anime's where i actually laughed out loud at the humor. Im not very upset with them ending the series as they did. because if they are following the novels then people who have read them know there is alot more material to be covered. They have the ability to make 2 more seasons if they wanted to. but who knows. anyways. if your missing the FMP story then read some of the novels. It will make you feel better. Especially the ending (Always, Stand By Me Part 2). Made my heart just melt. So epic its beyond words.
FFfreakoNov 15, 2010 7:32 AM
Nov 17, 2010 12:57 PM
Jul 2010
great anime, although ending was not what I expected, it just made me thing that there should be another season, because ending wasn't just like REAL ending should be..but it's already how much 5 years O.o?Oh well, at least it was enjoyable..
Dec 20, 2010 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
i like this episode except when funmation edited out the awesome music
now all the fansubbers use it. so it kinda rare to find the orignal version of FMP TSR episode 13 anyway its a great episode Y_Y
Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many.
Girls are only interested in hunks. They befriend people only to forget them later.
Life is something that can never be lived twice. Even this pointless act will eventually end. And while thinking that one day, I’ll surely regret its end…
Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
- Hachiman Hikigaya(Oregairu SNAFU)
Dec 21, 2010 11:26 AM

Apr 2009
hmm its been 5 years i wonder if they will actually make another season ? i hope so T_T
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Alien vs Predator 2 is the movie version of that book"
Jan 4, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
So, after 5 years.
THERE IS STILL NO SEASON 3

well whatever
Jan 7, 2011 9:53 PM

May 2010
Hageshiikaze said:
This season blew the first out of the water but MAN the ending was weak as hell.

Yeah, this is how I feel too. The beautiful and nearly psychological feel this had was reduced to something more cheesy and feel-good. Oh well, I'll cheer for the middle while others cheer for the end!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 15, 2011 11:57 PM
Jul 2010
Why Chidori and sagara can't say "I Love u" ??
And During I saw Full Metal Panic, fumofu, and the last is TSR.. I don't saw Chidori and Sagara kiss... Always Chidori and sagara kiss other character...
Jan 30, 2011 10:55 PM

Oct 2009
They left the ending so open that it'll be easy to start another season. The ending was good, but it felt like the beginning of another season! Hopefully they'll bring another season.
Feb 4, 2011 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
:)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 11, 2011 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm good ending and Wraith was a woman, who knew XD
Hopefully there will be another season with Tessa's brother and all.

I was going to give this a 9/10 but the EMO episodes were like "meh" for me so...
Overall 8/10.
Feb 20, 2011 1:25 PM

Jan 2010
Much better than the 1st season, but the last batch of episodes were super cheesy, especially the ending. I don't know if I want to watch fumoffu because I'm so sick of hearing Chidori yell.
Mar 21, 2011 3:29 AM

Dec 2010
OMFG if there is a sequel and Gauron is still live...because you know he was probably faking that death, and very well might as survive that explosion.

The scene where the red venom played with the yuri girl was sad and funny, especially when he broke her arm. Damn I wanted them to survived.

Good series, I actually want to read the novel or manga. WIll add for sure.

Sagara's speech to Tessa and her reaction was so moe. Chidori is pretty cute too when she is unable to say what she wants haha going from angry to quiet/shy. I'm so conflicted on who to root for haha, sagara X ???...!

If that's the real wraith then FUCK YEAH! Hot kick ass girls FTW!

Dammit Kyo Ni, you better bring me the sequels to FMP and Haruhi Suzumiya!
Mika_InamoriMar 21, 2011 3:35 AM
Mar 31, 2011 12:01 PM

Nov 2010
10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10!! its so rare for an anime to end well these days. this season was absolutely excellent!! so much thought and effort put into it. the little details like the glass falling from the burning room window hitting Sosuke and him feeling too down to feel it or the way Gates goes off topic during critical times, all fantastically thought of and executed.
Apr 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty much the ending I expected: open-ended, slightly lame and altogether happy but leaving me wanting more. I wasn't overly enamored by the deus ex machina when Sousuke killed Gates but the rest was fairly good even if Kaname didn't confess to Sousuke in the end. Overall better than the first season 8.5/10.
May 3, 2011 1:45 AM

Feb 2009
It was a good ending for a season that was on a completely different level than the previous series. Loved the character development, the action, the realistic military intelligence and action, not to mention the amazing animation in most episodes.

This last episode did feel a little rushed, especially the fighting scenes with the mechas (way too fast), but it still managed to entertain and pull off some sweet moves (like Sagara's final move ignoring the hostage). The final scenes with Sagara and Chidori were also sweet.

In the end this season ended with a very good note, and if Kyo-Ani ever does something else FMP related, I will be eagerly awaiting it!
May 6, 2011 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
Sousuke getting his hero up and then totally destroying the 5 supposedly incredibly powerful Venoms were a bit...odd considering the development that preceded it made it seem too fast of a change. Unlike most people, I didn't particularly mind the emo episodes. I've had enough of the teasing between Sousuke and Chidori. I wanted their reunion to be a little more dramatic then the usual tsundere business, but the after credits scene was sweet I suppose. Give me a proper hug scene already, damnit!

All these complaints aside, I still rather liked this season. Action-packed with good character development as well, even rushed as it is. 8/10
Nov 17, 2011 4:09 PM

Feb 2010
OMG no kiss or anything..... ughhh.

That's my only complaint. Very good season. A VAST improvement of the first season.

I anxiously await a sequel... 9/10
Nov 21, 2011 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
Season 3 Please
Nov 27, 2011 10:39 AM

Jul 2009
Sousuke got a thorough beatdown. Then made a grand entrance. And gave the bad guys a thorough beatdown.

The conversatio between Sousuke & Al afterwards was great.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 20, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2008
Veethorn said:
Loved the character development, the action, the realistic military intelligence and action, not to mention the animation in most episodes.

This last episode did feel a little rushed, especially the fighting scenes with the mechas (way too fast), but it still managed to entertain and pull off some sweet moves (like Sagara's final move ignoring the hostage). The final scenes with Sagara and Chidori were also sweet, but yet far from satisfying!...

pretty much it.
to sad they didn't decide to make a season 3, but we who see a potential in a series won't always get our will.(meh, we never do anyway)

unsatisfactory ending, yet I'll give it a 8/10 for the overall entertainment.
Mar 24, 2012 7:56 PM
Mar 2012
I don't think this really needs a sequel. The story is resolved, mostly. Chidori and Sosuke understand how they really feel about each-other. Sosuke resolved his underlying issues and is now going to live a full life. Tessa has accepted that he loves Chidori and wants to go ahead into the future as his friend. We understand Sosuke's past. I think this show did a damn good job of resolving all the major character arcs.

5/5. Great episode. Touching ending. This has become one of my favorite anime. Simply stellar.
Apr 24, 2012 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
If you read the manga you will know that FMP is not finished at all !
Can't understand why they don't adapt a 4 season it has so much potential, instead of a Zero No Tsukaima thing, well the budget wouldn't be the same indeed ...

10/10 Masterpiece level , no doubt about that .

May 18, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 2009
we need to keep threads like these alive if we are to see a season 3.
Jun 4, 2012 11:36 PM

Jul 2009
Man. Oh how much this anime pissed me off. Both male/female lead drove me nuts. One was an overdependent bitch, the other one was a dense prick. UGH.

But at the end of the day, I can't help but laugh and enjoy their chemistry. Overall, it was good. Not sure if it was 'very good', but alas, I can't help but give it an 8.
Jun 4, 2012 11:43 PM

Jun 2009
Kurogashi said:
Man. Oh how much this anime pissed me off. Both male/female lead drove me nuts. One was an overdependent bitch, the other one was a dense prick. UGH.

Overdependent? Did you miss an episode? Remember how Chidori defended herself in that one episode and ended up sneaking up on an assassin?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2012 4:40 PM

Jan 2012
let me start off by saying that this was a HUGE improvement over the first season.

The main characters received a good amount of development, especially Chidori and Sosuke who were very one dimensional in the first season. They pretty much sacrificed the comedy for drama which I feel was a wise decision as having a mix of everything didn't work well in the first season. The fights were better choreographed and definitely more enjoyable. The story, while still full of questions, was much better and depper than its predecessor. I suppose the remaining questions will be answered in the light novels (it doesn't look like we'll be getting a sequel as its been about 4 years).

I didn't think too much of the first season but I really enjoyed this one.

8/10
Jul 7, 2012 4:54 PM

Jan 2012
MRichardson418 said:
I don't think this really needs a sequel. The story is resolved, mostly. Chidori and Sosuke understand how they really feel about each-other. Sosuke resolved his underlying issues and is now going to live a full life. Tessa has accepted that he loves Chidori and wants to go ahead into the future as his friend. We understand Sosuke's past. I think this show did a damn good job of resolving all the major character arcs.

5/5. Great episode. Touching ending. This has become one of my favorite anime. Simply stellar.

Umm, no. I don't think you paid very much attention if you think this wrapped everything up. Some examples include: Tessa's older brother (seems like an important character, but played a small role), everything about the Whispered (don't know much about their backstory or history), further development needed on side characters. In addition, Sosuke did NOT say he is leaving Mithril but will act on his own terms. Nowhere does it say he will live a full life, if anything, his future is still questionable

Also the relationship between Sosuke and Chidori has NOT been resolved. While they understand their feeling better, they have yet to tell each other meaning that it's still very much unresolved.
Jul 23, 2012 3:01 AM

Jun 2012
haiko17 said:
MRichardson418 said:

Umm, no. I don't think you paid very much attention if you think this wrapped everything up. Some examples include: Tessa's older brother (seems like an important character, but played a small role), everything about the Whispered (don't know much about their backstory or history), further development needed on side characters. In addition, Sosuke did NOT say he is leaving Mithril but will act on his own terms. Nowhere does it say he will live a full life, if anything, his future is still questionable

Also the relationship between Sosuke and Chidori has NOT been resolved. While they understand their feeling better, they have yet to tell each other meaning that it's still very much unresolved.

Have to agree with that totally. TSR left me wishing it were a 24 episode season. We still do not know what happened to Leonard (Tessa's brother) and who he was talking to at the end. We were not shown Wraith's face let alone her real identity and Amalgam's goals were still fairly vague.

There is no doubt plenty of content left for another season.
Oct 11, 2012 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
I haven't grind through a series in one day in a very long time. From beginning to end it was just amazing! Sure there wasn't a kiss, but I will let that slide because the ending was actually very well done, not gunna lie.

From the first season to Fumoffu, I always said they needed that little push to become an 8, and this season had that push.
Mar 24, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2009
That's one hell of a cliffhanger ending, clearly there is room for a sequel. Sure, it was cheesy and cliché but just had the right amount of charm to keep me hooked.

Really disappointed given that it's 2013 and still no sequel in sight. Here's hoping (more like praying) for a new season!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

58 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 11 Discussion

Jikkir - Feb 15, 2008

41 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Feb 12, 2008

67 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:47 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 5 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

39 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.