Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2015 5:38 PM
Jun 2014
So I'm searching for the best of the best, 'epic' wise. Most of the time series with 50+ episodes tend to be the most epic to me due to lots of character development.

I want the deep, passionate, everything on the line type fights.

So what is more epic, Gintama or HxH?

If you think something is more epic, please recommend.
Aug 3, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
HxH definitely.
cool
Aug 3, 2015 5:48 PM

Mar 2014
I'd go with Hunter x Hunter in terms of epicness.
Aug 3, 2015 6:20 PM
Aug 2015
hxh by a landslide, gintama is humor
Aug 3, 2015 6:25 PM

Oct 2014
HxH.
Aug 3, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
if what you are looking is epic fights then dont watch Gintama, that one is comedy for the most part, an the few fights it has arent that impressive

i didnt like HxH but it does have at least a single epic fight, unfortunatelly it happens around ep 120
Aug 3, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2014
Hunter X Hunter 2011 is a gift from the gods. Gintama is great too but its for comedy not for being epic. HXH 2011 is epic off the charts tho.
Previously: BlueXRam
Aug 3, 2015 7:02 PM
Jun 2014
I guess hunter it is. I could've sworn I've read multiple times that when Gintama gets serious, he gets serious. Like some of the best fights ever..? Guess not lol.
Aug 3, 2015 7:04 PM
Jun 2015
Hunter Hunter 2011 is truly a gift from the gods as Tarheel said. Just wait until the Chimera Ant Arc... Amazing.
Still getting the hang of this q.q
Aug 3, 2015 7:11 PM
Jun 2014
Guttz said:
Hunter Hunter 2011 is truly a gift from the gods as Tarheel said. Just wait until the Chimera Ant Arc... Amazing.

Are they animating that? I heard it was cancelled?
Aug 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
Well, if you just want epic fight obviously shonen fighting manga like HxH will be better. The fight is not the best part of Gintama, though its not bad either.

It will be better if you compare HxH to Naruto or One Piece.
Kaiser-chanAug 3, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 3, 2015 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
Naymeless said:
I guess hunter it is. I could've sworn I've read multiple times that when Gintama gets serious, he gets serious. Like some of the best fights ever..? Guess not lol.

when it does get "serious" its only for about 5 or 6 eps, then it goes back to comedy, the first "serious" arc starts around ep 60 an that one didnt had an epic fight
Aug 3, 2015 7:20 PM
Jan 2013
They both are. Gintama has the some of the best shounen arcs ever. But those arcs are quite rare in Gintama so if you're looking for a continuous series of hype then I recommend you Hunter x Hunter.

I find it funny how many of the users here said that Hunter x Hunter is more epic than Gintama without even watching Gintama. Lmao
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Aug 3, 2015 7:29 PM

Mar 2014
Is HxH really that good? I keep hearing its good but i cant get past the damn boat episode after 2 tries.
Aug 3, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
HxH

Im still bored watching Gintama after 97 episodes. Tomozaku Sugita was only the reason I watched it.
Aug 3, 2015 7:30 PM
Jan 2013
Roos534 said:
Is HxH really that good? I keep hearing its good but i cant get past the damn boat episode after 2 tries.

Yes, just keep watching.

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

Aug 3, 2015 7:31 PM
Jan 2013
blessofcurse said:
HxH

Im still bored watching Gintama after 97 episodes. Tomozaku Sugita was only the reason I watched it.

Keep watching. Four more episodes before the Shinsengumi arc which is at episode 101. It's a very good arc.

Aug 3, 2015 7:34 PM
Jul 2013
The only scenes that can be considered more epic than Gintoki and Jirocho's fight are Lelouch death and Edward ending punch which killed homunculus and Eren closing the wall and stopping the titans
KintarovirusxAug 3, 2015 7:41 PM
Aug 3, 2015 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
mohammadabd said:
The only scenes that can be considered more epic than Gintoki and Jirocho's fight are Lelouch death and Edward ending punch which killed homunculus and Eren closing the wall and stopping the titans

I agree with the other ones but eren closing the wall wasn't as epic as when he saved mikasa
Do you like anime with wimpy main character ?

My Anime Policy:
Give an anime at least 5 episodes before deciding it's worth it or not.
Aug 3, 2015 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Naymeless said:
Guttz said:

Are they animating that? I heard it was cancelled?

They aren't animating it. They already finished. You heard wrong.

Also about the topic HxH is amazing but when gintoki get's serious get's serious it's true. Even tho while waiting for him to get serious you might decide to break your TV or PC watching him lazying around
Do you like anime with wimpy main character ?

My Anime Policy:
Give an anime at least 5 episodes before deciding it's worth it or not.
Aug 3, 2015 7:59 PM
Dec 2011
Roos534 said:

It's overrated. There is probably only 2 or 3 well developed characters out of the 200 unlike-able ones and the series goes to complete shit after GI (Story Arc) as they switch out a sound cast of characters for a bunch of garbage ones. You can tell post GI with the amount of pace shifts that the plot is written on the spot and not planned out. I stopped reading it and watching it at CA (Story Arc) because no only is the plot and art bad but the continuous influx of new, uninteresting characters turned it into a mess.
Aug 3, 2015 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
Lelouch_Darsi said:
I find it funny how many of the users here said that Hunter x Hunter is more epic than Gintama without even watching Gintama. Lmao

This. Anyone's opinion who hasn't watched both extensively should be ignored.
Aug 3, 2015 9:20 PM

Jun 2015
is this some sort of bait for Mikasa?
_____

topic: If Gintama had Nen, maybe it would have been better.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2015 9:22 PM

Mar 2015
Gintama isn't one bit "epic". It's a collection of short comedies.

The critical edgelords lately have been saying HxH is "overrated" and whatnot without even finishing the show. Don't listen to them.
Aug 3, 2015 9:30 PM

Mar 2010
Roos534 said:

I see that you like full metal alchemist and magi, if you like those two then more than likely you will also enjoy HxH. The first arc is basically an introduction to the world and some major characters, its by far the worst arc of the series and its not bad its just that compared to the later stuff it is the weakest arc. I would definitely recommend you stick with it.
Aug 3, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2014
HxH definitely. Just watch it right now.

I'm on episode 57 of gintama, and it is really good and enjoyable. It has great comedy and every now and then a deep message with in the episode. Even though, I don't feel the same thing with gintama that I felt with HxH. HxH felt really addicting, fun, thrilling, and perfect. HxH easily enjoyable and once you get into it, you can't possible put it down.

The people who keep saying it is "overrated", just ignore them. HxH completely deserves its praise.
GokuAug 5, 2015 10:16 AM
Aug 3, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2014
Gintama and Hunter x Hunter are both equally as good.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 4, 2015 5:00 AM
May 2015
You can't really compare the two since both are awesome. What I can say is both have their own strengths that will make you like them even more ;)
Aug 4, 2015 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYdN8recG8 (hxh 2011 amv) and yeah it is epic :P
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Aug 4, 2015 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
Chimera Ant Arc was terrible tho, Netero tried to carry that arc but he just couldn't, poor guy.
Aug 4, 2015 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
Two different genres really, not something you can compare the way you want to

Gintama is mostly about comedy, it does have serious arc where the fight are pretty amazing!

HxH is more about battles than Gintama is and definitely some epic moments and more of them compared to Gintama that has a serious arc in between comedy episodes.
Aug 4, 2015 5:23 AM
Jul 2014
HxH
Aug 4, 2015 5:43 AM

Oct 2014
HxH, Gintama isn't far behind though.
Aug 4, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2014
HxH is more epic than Gintama, but Gintama has its epic moments, it's a gag anime most of the time though. A really good one at that.

I watch anime.

Dec 22, 2015 11:50 AM
Oct 2015
Sorry buT I've seen both HxH and Gintama and I can say Gintama wins by a landslide. HxH is good for the first three arcs and then it becomes kinda boring. Gintama on the other hand is a little boring in the first 20 episodes but once the character and world introduction ends it finally starts the character and plot development. And the fights in Gintama are so epic. HxH has a lot more fights. Gintama fights are only once in every 10 to 30 episodes but it's bloody and epic and they don't waste time talking. Right now Gintama is on the greatest arc ever where the main villain is starting his coup against the world.
Trust me HxH is nothing compared to Gintama. HxH gets cancelled and Gintama is still following the manga since the author is still writing every week. And we all know that HxH will not get an ending
Dec 22, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
Hunter x hunter for the win

More topics from this board

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
56 minutes ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
2 hours ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - Yesterday

3 by JKKH »»
3 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 7 hours ago

1 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

9 by iamnottesslol »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.