Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2018 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Any arc revolving around Erina as the prize or the damsel (basically any heavy focus on her) has been dry and makes the series less interesting and fun like it used to be before.
Oct 12, 2018 7:47 PM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
TheSteelSamurai said:
Erina's a total bitch. One of my least favorite characters in anime. If she turns out to be the main love interest, I'll be pissed. Regardless of her "development," she's done some pretty unforgivable shit. And even if she were to somehow do a complete 180 on that, that makes her a bad character. No one is that predictably dynamic. Also, you would only be able to say, "I like the NEW Erina." Because face it, Erina did some inexcusable things in her early arc. You think you can point at the screen with a newcomer to the series in episode 1 and tell them, "that's best girl?"

Honestly after the Central arc Erina just got even worse by becoming a Mary Sue with that asspull at the end.
Sep 14, 2020 4:21 AM
Oct 2018
Yeah yeah, Erina is best girl yadayada, doesn't change the fact that she almost ended Yukihira's career because of her elitist bigotry by not admitting his food is good. I don't give a damn even if she's best girl and having some character developments, if I was Souma, I'll probably turn her down. Besides, these Erina simps are just in for Erina's tits. Megumi is bland, but she ain't a inflating, egoistic bitch like Erina. Nothing will change my opinion because she had the intention of dropping out Souma when he really did nothing wrong serving food. In fact, it was good, but she let her pride get the better of her and that's why she's in the garbage.
irchmarlovSep 14, 2020 4:29 AM
Sep 14, 2020 4:31 AM
Oct 2018
Commentator1 said:
lilithilk said:

Sure very logical. :) If I may ask, why do you like her so much?
And in regard to your comment, what does Erina have that makes me not liking her gay or female that for example Nikumi or Alice doesn't have, which makes me burn with jealousy towards a drawn fictional character? ;)

Well I don't know about the others... But Nikumi's really not my taste... Anything about her is just...
Sure Alice is kind of cute... (like a naive little girl) and she is by all means pretty and everything, so why not like her.
But on the other hand Erina is the pinnacle of women... xD What's not to like about her? She's has great taste. She's "super talented". And even thought she's "super talented"; she "works hard". And unlike someone like Alice, Erina lives her life for the family. I mean she could've been all like "I'm gona do what i wana do", "I'm not going to be the next family heir"... or give in to the pressure of always being center of attention. But even in this super difficult situation, she still supports her family and "lives for her family". She's super talented, yet she is not like the typical kids... but she's "mature" and "smart". You realize when she gets "jealous" of Alice, cause she can cry so carelessly? Thats how much pressure, stress she's always under; and yet she keeps on pushing forward.
Sure she's a little mean towards our man Souma... but unconciously she think that if she was okay with Souma's food (regular, common, not special), then that would probably mean she's failing her status as the one with the "God's Tongue", which would mean "failing her family" and "family future" and hope.... It's like everything she has done so far, all her hard work and efforts would be in vain. So more than she hates Souma and his food (she actually don't mind them...); she just hates the "idea" of "liking Souma/ and his food"...
I wouldn't like people if they "hated" Souma. But Erina doesn't hate Souma, she just "can't admit liking" him... xD
It's "true feelings" that matter, not the "outer" appearance of the matter.

Damn you think she gives a fuck with the likes of you? XD I don't think so, she'll throw in the garbage so easily
Sep 14, 2020 4:38 AM
Oct 2018
togokce said:
Erina shit stomps this poll. Also can't understand why Megumi is 2nd since she is probably the worst girl in the series. Erina >>> Alice > Rindou > Hisako. Nuff said. The one shot that was made for SnS is absolute :)

Lmao Erina will look at you like trash if you ain't Souma šŸ¤£, Megumi is much more superior than Erina, Erina even dropped out Souma from the start and it was unfair, I don't see myself liking her if I was Souma, she will be always a picky bitch. Your opinion is nitpicking and biased.
Sep 14, 2020 4:39 AM
Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
TheSteelSamurai said:
she's done some pretty unforgivable shit

Like what? Did she kill someone? Stop sounding like butthurt selfinsert

I like to see you being dropped by school by her, retarded Erina simp.
Sep 14, 2020 4:45 AM
Oct 2018
xdemonbuster79x said:
Definitely Erina :). Megumi is just too boring as a character and I don't really like nice girl character to begin with (since they had almost no flaws as a character which is a bs). Erina on the other side have a lot of flaws which makes more of a real character. I don't even know why people hate character with flaws when people in general should have flaws to begin with. Having flaws is not a bad thing but not having any flaw just doesn't make sense. (I mean even I have a lot of flaws as a person...)

About the main heroine thing, while it's undecided, I still think Erina is the main heroine of the series. I mean just look at those magazine covers with Souma and Erina all over them, the position of Souma and Erina on the character section in the manga (they're basically in the same page for each volume) and they're also the only two character who consistently appears in the character section from vol 1 until the latest one (Megumi disappear from the character section in several volumes so... yeah).

There's also the thing with Joichiro's 'unheard' advice for Souma. I mean Souma gave Megumi and Mayumi (and his other friends) his weird dish while for Erina he promised to make for her the best of his cooking since the very beginning (that being said I still want to see Erina eat Souma's weird dish though :)...). Also I would prefer a girl who would initially say "no" to Souma's dish rather than girls who instantly liking/acknowledging his dishes (Megumi and pretty much most girls in the series).

(On the side note, I also shipped TsukasaxRindou, KurokibaxAlice, Kugaxtheglassesgirl and TakumixMegumi :) )

Yeah yeah, whatever. She probably doesn't give a fuck about any of you except if you're Souma. Remember that she dropped Souma from the start when his food was actually good. But look, she becomes a picky bitch, drops him because she didn't let her pride down EVEN IF SOUMA'S FOOD WAS ACTUALLY GOOD. If she's the so-called "God Tongue" then why the fuck did she disregard the FOOD WHEN IT'S HER JOB THE JUDGE GOOD FOOD. Bitch doesn't even deserve the title like that.
Sep 14, 2020 4:48 AM
Oct 2018
togokce said:
Radeck513 said:

I agree with this. Glad the author realized Megumi is shit and turned her into a side character.

Yeah, I fucing agree. Megumi is pretty WOAT :v
And Erina is a JOKE.
Sep 14, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2009
irchmarlov said:
bastek66 said:

Like what? Did she kill someone? Stop sounding like butthurt selfinsert

You can't be simp for fictional character you raging hater.
Sep 22, 2020 6:46 AM
Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
irchmarlov said:

The words of a closet simp. She's trash and you're just in for her tits. I've said it and I'll say it again, without her grandpa, Souma would have dropped from the get-go, thanks to her retarded pride. She's a disgrace to the school if she doesn't value good food. I'm just spitting facts, Erina simp.
Sep 22, 2020 7:01 AM
Oct 2018
Imagine even hating Megumi and liking Erina. It's like Erina is laughing in front you guys for being such fools. Like a dog still obeying a terrible owner.
Sep 22, 2020 8:06 AM

May 2009
irchmarlov said:
Imagine even hating Megumi and liking Erina. It's like Erina is laughing in front you guys for being such fools. Like a dog still obeying a terrible owner.
irchmarlov said:
The words of a closet simp. She's trash and you're just in for her tits. I've said it and I'll say it again, without her grandpa, Souma would have dropped from the get-go, thanks to her retarded pride. She's a disgrace to the school if she doesn't value good food. I'm just spitting facts, Erina simp.

Imagine caring so much about waifu wars in manga with shit ending that doesn't even deliver in romance department.
Also by your logic you are Mehgloomy simp.
Oct 10, 2020 5:33 AM
Feb 6, 2021 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
irchmarlov said:
irchmarlov said:

Imagine caring so much about waifu wars in manga with shit ending that doesn't even deliver in romance department.
Also by your logic you are Mehgloomy simp.

Waifu wars were shit anyways. I was trying to bring sense to these retards. Don't fuck up my vibe doofus.
May 23, 2021 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
I can't believe theres no Rindō here.
Jun 10, 2022 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
I like her. Although it's moreso because I find her pretty. I can understand why some people might not her since she can be a snob. Mito would be my second favorite among the female cast.
Jun 10, 2022 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
irchmarlov said:
bastek66 said:

I can respect you disliking Erina's bad judgement in nearly kicking Soma out of Totsuki. But it's hypocritical criticizing liking a sexualized considering that all of the girls in Soma's class have been sexualized, which includes Megumi. I have nothing against her personally. She's a kind and gentle girl. But at the same time she doesn't really stand out in personality from other shy and timd girls that I've seen in anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.