Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 2, 2015 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Arslan looks nice this episode in particular with the aspect of the duel to take place. The episode had a gladiator-like vibe imo.

Daryun's opponent is a bit odd although I liked how he Daryun approached him without fear. I thought the fight itself was exciting, lasted longer than I had expected, and it was clever to see Daryun use fire to attack his opponent. Grats to Daryun~

Painful ending though. Arslan Senki feels D:
Aug 2, 2015 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good episode though it went the exactly way that I imagined which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Though if the show had the balls to kill Daryun I think we could have gone down a very interesting path.

Very interested for next episode to see what our next path is for Arslan.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 2, 2015 2:47 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah very painful ending.
I didn't expect that short sword from Daryun.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 2, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great episode! The fight between Daryun and Bahadur was fantastic; very intense and I was fully engaged. It definitely seemed like Daryun was at a huge disadvantage but his quick thinking and tactics helped him win. His short sword was definitely a great surprise and I didn't expect that either. Gadevi couldn't accept the loss and ended up killing Mahendra which made Jaswant extremely sad. At the very least, Rajendra is now in charge. Those final moments were amazing. Daryun is such a badass. Definitely one of my favourite episodes now.
5/5
Aug 2, 2015 3:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Somehwat predictable to be honest, but well executed. I wouldn't be surprised if Jaswant now became part of Arslan's entourage.

That end card though! It will launch a thousand doujinshi
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2015 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
Great ep,this anime is becoming really good and this ep was very interesting,can't wait to see the lastest episodes and please a season 2!
Deep dark fantasies
Aug 2, 2015 3:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode of Arslan. That was so intense and i got teary eyed when Mahendra died in Jaswant's arms. Jaswant might follow Arslan now.
Aug 2, 2015 3:58 AM

Oct 2014
Welp that escaleted Quickly.

And Dat Endcard xD
Illya, is that you?
Aug 2, 2015 4:34 AM

Mar 2013
That was an exellent fight.

That ending card, though :p

Oh, BTW, Hideyuki Umezu, who voiced King Karikala II here, voiced Rajendra in the OVA.
Aug 2, 2015 4:51 AM
Jan 2015
Predictable episode, but the way it was executed shows how good Arslan is. Almost had to cry when Mahendra died, felt sorry for Jaswant:( They really want us to love Jaswant. I just hope that won't come hit us in the face later.
Aug 2, 2015 5:25 AM
Dec 2013
Ep had bad writing in a few places, overall good and very enjoyable. And also... That end slate tho x$
Aug 2, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
That fight was pretty intense! Reminded me of the viper vs the mountain from Game of Thrones XD

Wtf at that trap end card 0.0

Rip dude I remember literally nothing about. You will be missed ;_;
Aug 2, 2015 6:13 AM

Jan 2015
Such an exciting battle it was really thrilling and Daryun did great, and at last we saw Elam and Alfreed celebrating together, for they're always arguing
Aug 2, 2015 6:22 AM

Mar 2009
That ogre guy. A bit too unreal but since we already saw magic in this series I'm not all that surprised.

RIP Mahendra you were a good guy.
Aug 2, 2015 6:57 AM

Sep 2014
screw the fight and everything else.

Did Arslan actually acted like a man for the first time in 17 episodes?
Did he really said he wanted to behead Rajendra?

Now tbh I would like to see an alternative universe in which daryun died and Arslan revenged his death by taking shindura ;D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 2, 2015 7:10 AM

Aug 2010
Really great ep. Damn! Arslan's threat was awesome!! Threatening to hang Rajenda's head on display like that :O EPIC!

The king is a pretty awesome man. I like how he was preaching Gadevi about how Arslan is a great king unlike him XD

Daryun's fight was awesome. It was pretty much for nothing tho lol

Should be nice seeing Juswant join now
Aug 2, 2015 7:12 AM

Nov 2012
Intense episode.

After all that Rajendra betrays them?Cause that's what it seems like going based on the preview for next episode.
Aug 2, 2015 7:20 AM

Jul 2010
That fight was great with Daryun being pretty much forced to dodge, as blocking or parrying were not a lasting choice.

Gadevi not giving up... I was somewhat surprised that the royal guards came to fight for Gadevi despite the duel being won by Rajendra. I liked how the fighting stopped once Mahendra, and getting to witness just how much of a scum Gadevi is to be blinded to this point thus killing his most loyal subject. I would be surprised to hear about 1 soldier said to be directly loyal to the prince.
Aug 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2014
It was kinda good, but weird at the same time to see Arslan acting as a man, LOL. The ending card though hhhh :D
Aug 2, 2015 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
This.

Aug 2, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
A pretty intense episode, seeing Dayun having a tough time with that monster... I had a bit of doubt, but of course Dayun had a plan. It was interesting seeing Arslan with such rage and fear.
Aug 2, 2015 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
Well I'm glad Daryun's fight wasn't a one-sided, effortless victory. That was a pretty good plan he came up with, I thought it was Narsus' plan at first. Arslan actually grew some balls in this episode and threatened to behead someone. It's a good thing he didn't do a 180 and stop Daryun from killing Bahadur (which wouldn't make sense since he previously threatened to behead the guy). I also enjoyed seeing Gadevi get what he deserved after everything he did. And I guess Arslan not having the balls to allow Jaswant to die in earlier episodes actually led to a good result. I'm assuming he'll join them, and it looks like Rajendra might betray them? Good episode overall
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 2, 2015 9:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn, that was one of the most intense episodes yet

The trial by combat lived up to the hype and I must say that I was really proud of Daryun's performance....Seeing Arslan go apeshit like that really shocked me lol dude needed to chill out xD

Gadevi got what he deserved in the end so I'm glad that Raj en draw got the throne but I felt bad for Jasawant since he lost his mentor.....Still I'm looking forward to seeing him join Team Arslan

The PV for the next episode has me kind of concerned though......If Rajendra turns out to be a snake I'm gonna flip every table that I can find
Aug 2, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
OMG, the stupidity of this anime, I don't even...

Didn't he realized sooner that Daryun can die in the fight? I facepalmed when Arslan was threatening Rajendra during duel that was cringeworthy scene. Had he forgotten it was him who sent him there?

And what's more, they could easily shoot them all down when they were promenading in the open. Even from strategist point of view - their arrival to the city was simply mistake (not to mention they were slaughtering their people just not too long ago).

It was obvious those proxies are nonsense from the start. Because the goal of such duel is to eliminate other rightful pretender and his death should calm the soldiers. Else he would be threat forever. Fighting that happened next was just natural resolution of this and they should have expected that.. They basically flamed a civil war that should last a lot longer than this as loyalities to each lord are not easily forgotten.

Still, the moment when Gadevi raised his sword against his father he should be shot down as a traitor. Cause until coronation begins the old king is still supreme ruler. Another illogical thing, another flaw of this series.

And the end when Arslan was saved by Jaswant was the worst. I mean, he served all of his life for his kingdom, he was trained as the best spy of the country and yet one moment of mercy was enough for him to change his worldview alltogether? Daryun (their enemy!) making his grand speech that effectively calmed down fighting soldiers afterwards?! Fuck this bullshit!
Aug 2, 2015 11:08 AM
Aug 2014
A really intense episode! It was kind of obvious who would win the duel, but still, very well made! I loved how worked up Arslan got when he thought Daryun was going to die. I just love their friendship, they really care about each other. I wouldn't be surprised if Jaswant joins Arslan and co, given that he's in the ending and (maybe, idk) the intro. All in all, great episode as always.

(the end card XD)
Aug 2, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
i knew daryun would win, but boy was it great! can't wait to see what they do next.
Aug 2, 2015 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
The fight between Daryun and Bahadur was awesome.

Gadevi got what he deserved!

That trap end card was nice.
Aug 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2012
Is that treason I see in the preview?
Aug 2, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Endcard by Miki Yoshikawa, manga artist of Yamada-kun and the seven witches. nice :D
Aug 2, 2015 12:24 PM
Jul 2013
I swear for all of the shippers in Arslan Senki...their shipping fuel just escalated XD...and dat ending card dou.
Aug 2, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
Another great action-packed duel. Glad to see everything ended well - to some extent.
And that preview...
Aug 2, 2015 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
I thought this'd be the best ep of this show and it was, it definitely was. I do prefer the way Arslan's threatening happened in the OVA, though. There was more emotion this time but I still preferred it when Arslan just straight up pointed a weapon at Rajendra, holding nothing back.
Aug 2, 2015 1:25 PM
Jun 2014
Mich666 said:

Didn't he realized sooner that Daryun can die in the fight? I facepalmed when Arslan was threatening Rajendra during duel that was cringeworthy scene. Had he forgotten it was him who sent him there?

And what's more, they could easily shoot them all down when they were promenading in the open. Even from strategist point of view - their arrival to the city was simply mistake (not to mention they were slaughtering their people just not too long ago).

It was obvious those proxies are nonsense from the start. Because the goal of such duel is to eliminate other rightful pretender and his death should calm the soldiers. Else he would be threat forever. Fighting that happened next was just natural resolution of this and they should have expected that.. They basically flamed a civil war that should last a lot longer than this as loyalities to each lord are not easily forgotten.

Still, the moment when Gadevi raised his sword against his father he should be shot down as a traitor. Cause until coronation begins the old king is still supreme ruler. Another illogical thing, another flaw of this series.

And the end when Arslan was saved by Jaswant was the worst. I mean, he served all of his life for his kingdom, he was trained as the best spy of the country and yet one moment of mercy was enough for him to change his worldview alltogether? Daryun (their enemy!) making his grand speech that effectively calmed down fighting soldiers afterwards?! Fuck this bullshit!

Dumb take, tbh. Just a horrible assessment by you, imo.

1. Daryun can't be challenged by other men. When he saw the savage beast man fighting he felt like it was a setup.

2. They're not going to shoot them down in front of all those women and children. Also because it was the King's orders to allow the gods to decide the outcome. If they killed them it would go against the King and the gods.

3. The proxy thing does make sense because they are brothers after all. They are the King's sons. They are royalty. Part of that is having men who serve you.

4. Jaswant saved Arslan because Arslan saved his life TWICE. He did not feel Arslan was a bad man. He also EXPLAINED why it would be dumb for his people to kill him.
Again, no one man can challenge Daryun. In, situations like that you don't know what other men really have your back. What happens when only one guy who decides to rebel attacks him by himself? Daryun would DESTROY him.

Are you actually watching the show? Haha
Aug 2, 2015 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
Whew, my guess on who will fight with Daryun was wrong.
Arslan does not even have faith on Daryun during the dual...
It is as we all expected that Daryun will win.
So now Arslan have Rajendra (the new king) as back up against Lusitania.
Aug 2, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Kewinn24 said:
Mich666 said:

1. Daryun can't be challenged by other men. When he saw the savage beast man fighting he felt like it was a setup.

2. They're not going to shoot them down in front of all those women and children. Also because it was the King's orders to allow the gods to decide the outcome. If they killed them it would go against the King and the gods.

3. The proxy thing does make sense because they are brothers after all. They are the King's sons. They are royalty. Part of that is having men who serve you.

4. Jaswant saved Arslan because Arslan saved his life TWICE. He did not feel Arslan was a bad man. He also EXPLAINED why it would be dumb for his people to kill him.
Again, no one man can challenge Daryun. In, situations like that you don't know what other men really have your back. What happens when only one guy who decides to rebel attacks him by himself? Daryun would DESTROY him.

+1 to this.
Aug 2, 2015 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
Kewinn24 said:
Mich666 said:

Idk man the actual prince of Pars seems like he can hold his own pretty well against Daryun and multiple others.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 2, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
As an episode this wan't too surprising, the fight felt a little gimmicky, having a giant beast for a human tackle Daryun.

On the other hand this:
Aug 2, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2009
I thought that Rajendra would definitely use this importunity to attack Arrslan, but I guess his brother had to go first instead. Now that he's won, he'll come after Arslan with an even bigger army.
[/center]
Aug 2, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2015
Kewinn24 said:
Mich666 said:

+1 to you, Kewinn24!

Plus I don't even know why people drag around for so long shows they don't even like, it's hard investing energy for something negative.

Really great fight, this episode is now probably my favorite of the 17 so far! Sometimes I was yelling to Daryun to cut that beast's eyes and then cut his throat... well he ended up doing all that, but he used fire. xD Nice idea with the cape.

But even more amusing than the endcard...

motherfvcking THIS. hope they get closer now and give Narsus a break, haha.
Aug 2, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2014
This episode has a strong 300 vibe, with that behemoth there (I mean they showed guys that had two heads and were over 3 meters tall and other kinds of monstrosities).

Daryun's fight was amazing and I was suspecting he had another weapon but not a short sword. All in all it was nice.

Shame the advisor met the short end but I saw it happen ever seen Gadevi's character often clashed with his wisdom. Anyway.........

The preview of the next episode and opening tell me my predictions are on the spot. Both princes are gonna get off'd and Jaswant will follow Arslan.

On another note........

neko_cola said:

+1 to you, Kewinn24!

Plus I don't even know why people drag around for so long shows they don't even like, it's hard investing energy for something negative.

Really great fight, this episode is now probably my favorite of the 17 so far! Sometimes I was yelling to Daryun to cut that beast's eyes and then cut his throat... well he ended up doing all that, but he used fire. xD Nice idea with the cape.

But even more amusing than the endcard...

motherfvcking THIS. hope they get closer now and give Narsus a break, haha.
I've been SO shipping them. I mean they team up fairly often, have "Narsus love" as a common point, same age. Yup I ship them fully.
Aug 2, 2015 6:02 PM

Jun 2007
P3TE said:
This.

And thus, the boy would become queen.
Aug 2, 2015 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Mich666 said:

He lost his cool because Daryun is more than a servant to him. Ending the succession conflict with a 1v1 battle is better than committing your entire army to a possible bloodbath. Anyways like Narsus said, if Daryun would emerge victorious, it will bode well for Arslan's "brand name". More people will be less reluctant to ally with Arslan once word spreads about the feats of his men.

Mich666 said:

As Jaswant said, this is a fight between his people, and if royalty of another kingdom were met with some discourteous behavior, it will not look good on their own kingdom. I could see the First Prince deploying such underhanded tactics, but again I think the reigning king is largely neutral to this and seems to speak quite highly of Arslan.

Mich666 said:
It was obvious those proxies are nonsense from the start. Because the goal of such duel is to eliminate other rightful pretender and his death should calm the soldiers. Else he would be threat forever. Fighting that happened next was just natural resolution of this and they should have expected that.. They basically flamed a civil war that should last a lot longer than this as loyalties to each lord are not easily forgotten.

You are just trying to create your own world. This is their sacred tradition of resolving ascension conflicts . It doesn't seem absurd to me even if one of the parties decides to be a sore loser.

Mich666 said:

What's illogical for having different factions within a kingdom. Not everyone swears ultimate fealty to his king.

Mich666 said:

Jaswant and the Vizier himself had their own misgivings for serving the First Prince. Jaswant had been spared twice by Arslan. It's easy to see who he would eventually side with. Daryun did not quell the fighting. It was ultimately the First Prince killing the Vizier, which everyone, regardless of factional groups, admired that ended the fighting.

Aug 2, 2015 7:24 PM

Apr 2010
Not surprised that Daryun won, but it was a great battle. Arslan in that dress though...lol
Aug 2, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
TheTsunami said:
P3TE said:
This.

And thus, the boy would become queen.

STAHP! x'D

But, the preview sound ominous to me....uhhu =A=''

Aug 2, 2015 7:29 PM
Jun 2014
bobzanny said:

Idk man the actual prince of Pars seems like he can hold his own pretty well against Daryun and multiple others.

Yeah I was going to mention him. He probably actually can beat Daryun but I didn't say Hermes because not too many other people know about him(meaning the Sindhurans). From their point of view Daryun is possibly the strongest warrior out there.
Aug 2, 2015 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh i knew that stupid prince would kill Mahendra. Such a stupid prince, how any followed him is beyond me.

Although I knew Daryun would win because Daryun is badass like that, I gotta admit i was really worried for him there. Didn't think he'd die but getting severely injured or losing and then being saved by Arslan was worrying me.

Surprised that first prince didn't have any cheap tricks up his sleeve. But what a sore loser. Why any of his men started fighting in the first place after they clearly lost though...ugh humans submit to authority too easily.
Aug 2, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
Not an unsurprising outcome. Prince Arslan can be a bit reckless and agree to too much.
Good episode though
Aug 2, 2015 8:58 PM
Nov 2010
Anyone else was reminded of the duel between the Viper and the Mountain from Game of Thrones?

Anyone else have to lookup what gainsay was?? xDD -> Me

Seeing Arslan so concernted about Daryun's well-being was comforting, though his outburst had me a bit concerned.

Narsus had Daryun figured out the whoooollle time. He must've known he had a short sword and figured out why he wasn't using it very early in the fight.

Overall was a great episode. =) Always ends so fast.
Aug 2, 2015 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
Arslan, the King of Wester... no, wait.
Aug 2, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
WTF was he tho lmao

I thouht Daryun was gonna die lmao

That ending... Death c;
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.