Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 23, 2016 3:56 AM

Jul 2013
Zefyris said:
PrimeX said:
This episode was mostly talk and it's really boring except that very last bit. And these characters really tick me the fuck off. Adlet's a shameless arrogant prick who has an equally annoying voice that lets out a sigh everytime he ends a sentence, Chamot desperately tries to act cute and talks in third-person, Flamie talks like lifeless a robot, Hans talks like a cat and damn they all look like clowns for some reason that one chick wears bunny ears, Flamie has a huge flower on her head and let's not talk about hooded guy's ridiculous outfit. Maura's the only normal person among these clowns and she's hot too. Many people would probably think these things are trivial but somehow I just find them really annoying.

Anyway proving Adlet's innocence it easy. Make him undo that seal and if he can't he's innocent.

That's trivial indeed. BTW south american warriors were wearing animal symbols on them. The warriors on the first episodes, and most Rokka have a similar animal symbol, there's nothing surprising here. Adlet is hardly arrogant. Chamo just talk like a little child, that's all.

Although if you don't like talking you've CLEARLY picked up the wrong anime. That's not an action focused anime you know...

That doesn't work. Because no one BUT the one who activated the trap knows what is the correct way to deactivate it. Which means that no one knows (except the traitor, who obviously isn't going to say a it lol x) ) what to ask Adlet for to "deactivate" the barrier. So Adlet wil ljust have to say he doesn't now how to do it, and they're stuck because they don't know either and will just think he's pretending not to know the process he needs to to deactivate the barrier.
So no, proving Adlet's innocence isn't easy at all.

Adlet is hardly arrogant? What? I don't know if you've read the source material and know more about him but from the 5 episodes that I've seen, Adlet is every bit arrogant. Also if what you said is true that this anime will have a lot talks then I really have picked the wrong anime. I expected action, fighting and magic and stuff. I read the synopsis and it's about the heroes traveling to defeat the demon lord who would've thought this will be more on detective mystery thing about who is the fake.
May 23, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
@PrimeX This is an example of self- persuasion. He's behaving and saying that not because he's bragging, but because he wants to convince himself he can do everything, that he's the strongest and everything.
Episode 2 for example, basically he goes to save the girl in the village and says that if he's the strongest man, he can both do the mission and save the girl. You should read it like this when he says that kind of stuff -> he's self persuading that he can do that stuff, that he can stand, that he can win, because he's the strongest.
Although, he has a different definition of the "strongest man in the world" than most peoples would expect, too.

Well, technically, he's saying that he's the strongest man (and doesn't incldue woman) in the world, and judging on the other rokka, he's in the top 3 of the current best men fighters. So that's not exactly only bragging or without any reason behind it. x)
But yeah, he isn't bragging anyway. He's self persuading all the time.

yeah the first volume especially is very mystery focused and the anime only adapt the first volume right now. There's stil la huge psychological/mystery part in later volumes, but this is especially the case in the first one.
May 23, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
@Zefyris If you think that Adlet says he's the strongest man in the world every single time he gets the chance because of "self-persuasion" then I have nothing against that. But the reason why you think this is, imo, is because you've known him better than I do, obviously from reading the source material. You even said he has a different definition of being the strongest, which, as far as I remember, was never even been mentioned once during the first 5 episodes. And the example you said in the episode 2 only happened once but how many times did he say he's the strongest in the world? Dozen times? Probably more, to the point that I find it annoyingly redundant.

Anyway, what I'm saying is I'm open to the high possibility that he may not be the arrogant prick that I think he is. That maybe there's more to him than the person saying "I'm the strongest man in the world" every minute. But it's still too early for me to confirm this. 5 episodes is not enough time for me to really know him as a person also considering the fact that so far this show has not yet paid any attention to character progression. So, as far as I'm concerned, Adlet is arrogant and he's annoying. And I'm not backing down on that.
May 23, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
@PrimeX : I don't think there's ever a time where someone points out that he's trying to self persuade, so that 's a conclusion from observing him rather than really an info obtained later on. But of course I know him more than you, so that's easier for me to state that.
But then again I never really found him arrogant, even at the beginning. he doesn't behaves like he is. Remove his "strongest man in the world" words and nothing really let you think he is. He's very friendly with his future comrades rokka, thinking of them as equals and comrades rather than feeling superior. Despite his words toward Chamo, when in episode 5 Chamo is talking about herself, Adlet is actually worried about the possibility of her being the seventh, thinking that they're in trouble if that's the case. Why would the "strongest" be that worried about a potential opponent if the "strength " he's talking about is straight forward strength, and that's he's really just an arrogant guy persuaded that he's stronger than everything?

BTW, speaking of Chamo, Chamo IS arrogant. She believes she's strong enough to achieve the mission by herself, that any other rokka are weak compared to her. You can hear that in her words toward Nashetania. I 'm not sure a non -japanese speaker can hear it well, but she is VERY condescending. Nashetania is one of the current top 3 saint in term of battle prowess, Chamo knows that yet she is having a very condescending tone. Like, "someone as weak as you was chosen, I guess congratz are in order, lolz". Same with Fremy. Fremy tried to kill her, she's in front of her right now, yet she take the time to talk nicely with others around and introduce herself, and then," oh, while we're at it, I'm killing her". Her assurance that no one can harm her even the strongest bunch of peoples , and that Fremy cannot escape her either no matter the time she takes before starting to fight is clearly visible.
In episode 4 and 5, she clearly react to what Adlet says with the "yes, i'm the strongest that's obvious and everyone knows that anyway" kind of attitude.

She knows that she's stronger than anyone else by far, and -except for Mora- will basically act that way toward others Rokka.

So yeah, Chamo IS arrogant. Adlet doesn't look arrogant. Also, he also persuaded himself when saying he would accompany Fremy to fight together (when Fremy didn't want to go with other heroes) as well as when he said to her that he would protect her.
So no, it already happened several times x).
ZefyrisMay 23, 2016 7:22 AM
Jul 5, 2016 10:50 PM

Dec 2012
I hate it when there's multiple OP/ED in 1 cour anime, especially when the previous song was great. New OP continues the awesomeness.

Another great episode.

I laughed at them making fun of Adlet since he kept repeating he's the strongest.

Maura Chester. She definitely has more chest.

Fremy is half fiend? Rokka is hentai. :D

Getting real tired of Goldov treating Fremy badly. I suspect him of being the "faker".

Adlet was stunned by Nashe's beauty when she held his hand. I continue to ship it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 23, 2016 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
Hans reminds me of L.
Nov 28, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was like a game of mafia, lol.
Dec 3, 2016 2:40 AM
Bean Queen

Nov 2009
I apologize if I repeated something someone else said in this rant, but I don't have the time to read 8 pages of discussion and I'm just really irritated right now so I have to post this somewhere!! But, yeah. I'm annoyed, I still don't know who the fake is since I'm writing this right after watching episode 5. I know it's been at least a year since this came out and this is probably all irrelevant, but whatevs. I need to rant:

Okay this is pissing me off quite a bit. Episode 5 of Rokka no Yuusha, they're trying to find out who the seventh Brave is and figure that that person is the one that locked them in. Here's two very easy solutions: to close the barrier, you either have to be the person who activated it or kill the person who activated it. If Adlet is right and had the right spell to close the barrier, he already tried to close the barrier once and it didn't work so he can't be the one to put it up. To find out who's the fake all they'd have to do is force each person to attempt to close the barrier and whoever either refuses to do it, or it works for them would be the fake. Simple. Another option: They all have the marks that name them as one of the Six Braves right? So, the seventh's mark would have to be different since they would have had to put it on themselves. Investigate each of their marks to find a difference or try to wash it off or something because there has to be a difference. EASY AND SIMPLE! Stop making stupid assumptions that could end up killing a real brave and just use one of these options dammit!!
Dec 5, 2016 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
tbeans10 said:
I apologize if I repeated something someone else said in this rant, but I don't have the time to read 8 pages of discussion and I'm just really irritated right now so I have to post this somewhere!! But, yeah. I'm annoyed, I still don't know who the fake is since I'm writing this right after watching episode 5. I know it's been at least a year since this came out and this is probably all irrelevant, but whatevs. I need to rant:

Okay this is pissing me off quite a bit. Episode 5 of Rokka no Yuusha, they're trying to find out who the seventh Brave is and figure that that person is the one that locked them in. Here's two very easy solutions: to close the barrier, you either have to be the person who activated it or kill the person who activated it. If Adlet is right and had the right spell to close the barrier, he already tried to close the barrier once and it didn't work so he can't be the one to put it up. To find out who's the fake all they'd have to do is force each person to attempt to close the barrier and whoever either refuses to do it, or it works for them would be the fake. Simple. Another option: They all have the marks that name them as one of the Six Braves right? So, the seventh's mark would have to be different since they would have had to put it on themselves. Investigate each of their marks to find a difference or try to wash it off or something because there has to be a difference. EASY AND SIMPLE! Stop making stupid assumptions that could end up killing a real brave and just use one of these options dammit!!

You didn't understand then ^^".

1) No one but the one who activated it knows the proper method to close the barrier. Not even Maura, who is the most knoledgeable about those things.
The method tried earlier by Adlet is NOT the correct one, it's just a method used by another saint who wasn't even the same type of Saint anyway. He tried because that was worth the try. And obviously the person who did it isn't going to say "hey it's like that, I know it".

2) There is absolutely no difference between the 7 marks. Not even in the radiated magic coming out from it naturally, not even maura (who again is the most knowledgeable about it) can see a difference. Maybe if they could go to the enemy ground they could see a difference (as the fake mark may not provided the protection) but they cannot do that either, since they're trapped ina place right before being able to enter there.

So the problem for them you see, is that none of those two options are available.

Hope this clears up the situation.
ZefyrisDec 5, 2016 7:49 AM
Dec 5, 2016 8:48 AM
Bean Queen

Nov 2009
Zefyris said:
tbeans10 said:

You didn't understand then ^^".

1) No one but the one who activated it knows the proper method to close the barrier. Not even Maura, who is the most knoledgeable about those things.
The method tried earlier by Adlet is NOT the correct one, it's just a method used by another saint who wasn't even the same type of Saint anyway. He tried because that was worth the try. And obviously the person who did it isn't going to say "hey it's like that, I know it".

2) There is absolutely no difference between the 7 marks. Not even in the radiated magic coming out from it naturally, not even maura (who again is the most knowledgeable about it) can see a difference. Maybe if they could go to the enemy ground they could see a difference (as the fake mark may not provided the protection) but they cannot do that either, since they're trapped ina place right before being able to enter there.

So the problem for them you see, is that none of those two options are available.

Hope this clears up the situation.

Well, it's not that I didn't understand it's just that I posted this when I'd only just finished watching episode 5 with no other information than what's been shown in the season so far. I said that IF Adlet is right about the method for closing the barrier, which is later revealed to be untrue, but as far as they and the audience knew it could well have been that method.

In the show we basically know nothing about the marks, especially only 5 episodes in. At the time I just assumed that it was something that appeared on their skin that didn't have any extra magical properties other than just being a mark to indicate the Braves. With this mindset and the information that was shown I was led to believe that the fake must have put the mark on themselves some other way and since it wasn't a proper mark it could maybe be easily washed off or something along those lines. Even now that I've finished watching I still don't know why the fake's was the same as everyone else's. (This show needs a goddamn sequel and I am buying this light novel when it gets released in English DX)

Posting this wasn't just me saying that there really was an easy solution like this that could work, but that I believed all these characters were pretty smart and could've thought of these two methods themselves instead of trying to figure who the fake was without testing everyone first in these ways.
Basically, I just like ranting about things I'm passionate about and this show quickly became one of my favorites. I had a similar rant about how disappointed I was with Hans during his fight with Adlet in front of the temple because instead of killing Adlet immediately like an ACTUAL ASSASSIN he started talking and Adlet got away and got his chance to prove himself innocent. Yes, this is the preferred course for the story, but I'm still annoyed that Hans couldn't do his job right. And I know he wanted to try to get information out of Adlet about who he was working with, but still, Hans should've stabbed first ask questions later.
May 24, 2017 11:45 PM

Jul 2015
Still unsure who the seventh brave is, maybe I'm thinking about it too much.. Hanz seems to be the way too obvious choice to be the seventh.. Goldof wouldn't really make sense, but at the same time, because it doesn't make sense, it kinda makes sense that he could potentially be it. Chamot, idek lol. Maura, it could likely be her since, why wouldn't the 'leader' be the fake, right? Flamie is out of the question. Don't think it's the MC. But the one who I really don't want to be the faker is Nashetania.. I'm still waiting on my Adlet x Nashetania ship to sail.. but for some reason, I'm getting the vibe that it could be her, but hopefully not.

caught in the wonder
Jun 2, 2017 4:50 AM
Aug 2014
"They wouldn't talk, even if you killed them." That must have been a poor translation right?

That cat guy has a really annoying way of talking.
Jun 2, 2017 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Lorezhno said:
"They wouldn't talk, even if you killed them." That must have been a poor translation right?

That cat guy has a really annoying way of talking.

It's a japanese expression that's often awkwardly translated in english indeed. The "they wouldn't die even if you kill them" or "peoples die when you kill them" famous awkward literal translations come from the same problem as well. The "even if you kill them" mean that no amount of physical violence/damage can achieve the desired result, since even something that would kill them wouldn't achieve it.
Jan 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
Assassin new thinks hes good detective, but he cant even see the truth
Jan 29, 2018 4:38 PM

Feb 2015
This was pretty intense, I think Hans might be my favorite character in this show so far.
Dec 24, 2019 5:08 AM

Jul 2016
Hinata said:
Hans reminds me of L.

Very strange comparison...
Mar 3, 2020 6:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I wonder if they're going to stay in that room
Sep 22, 2020 12:27 PM
Oct 2019
This feels like one of those murder mystery trains, or the game/movie Clue.

Since the princess said her father ordered her execution, any chance he ordered her assassination?

Interesting Flamey backstory. Did she not say she wanted to kill the demon all by herself? Since then she's repeatedly said she wants to free him and considered herself a fiend. Huh?
Nov 26, 2020 7:31 AM

Feb 2020
I really like the path this anime is taking, even though I already know who's the fake because of MAL putting a spoiler randomly in an article. Thank you MAL.
But it's funny, because despite that I can't help but suspect everyone, there are so many things that need actual explanations, like how the door was closed when Adlet arrived.
Speaking of that scene, I must say I like Hans. At first I really wasn't sure about him because he just seemed to be the typical psycho guy but he's actually very clever, it makes him interesting.
One thing I'm a bit disappointed with is Fremy's backstory. The whole half-human/half-"monster" thing has been done so many times, it feels like the path any show is gonna take if it wants to give its poster girl a tragic backstory without trying too much because it works anyway.
Well, I hope we will at least receive further explanation onto why she is the way she is now.
At least I like how the horn and the eye actually look scary and disturbing instead of cute. It's too often that shows tend to turn the supposed hideous horns into cute little things if the character's a girl.
And one last thing, we got an entire ED about Nashetania, does that mean we will have the same for each character ? Interesting, I can't wait to see that.
Dec 20, 2022 7:55 PM
Jan 2020
This is a pretty ambitious show ngl, the CG is just unfortunately really shit
May 24, 2023 10:19 AM

May 2020
Already a new OP? Though hey they would've tried to make it somewhat less obvious whom everyone is going to assume the fake lol.

Super tense episode to say the least. We got the background of all the seven heroes, and I must say from the background itself it's impossible to guess who the fake is. But it worked in the favor of Fremy, as now she's the one least suspicious out there.

Cat-dude with his last minute big brain game did the inevitable, that is to let everyone feel Adlet is the fake one. His reasonings make sense too unfortunately.. now if that really will seal the deal, that is a question. Another good episode.
Jul 4, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
The plot thickens...
Sep 21, 2023 10:15 AM
Aug 2023
Um...wouldn't the imposter be the one who was alone when the barrier went up? Flamie, bunny princess, and Goldov were all together fighting the fiends, right? Maura and Cat assassin were together. So the only ones alone were Chamot, and Adlet. We assume Adlet isn't the fake because he's the protag and we saw his POV, but I'm not going to rule him out. Chamot seems to be the one most sus to me though, she keeps trying to push for the action of killing or torture too hastily. She also said she killed that disguised fiend, oh how convenient, I call BS on that.

That disguised fiend is a suspicious loose end, what was she doing all disguised like that? I think she was either trying to get somebody to open the temple for her, and/or setting somebody up to be framed as the one who activated the barrier. I think Adlet caused the temple guardians to open the doors, and after he defeated them, he went back to check on the disguised fiend, and somebody slipped into the temple and activated the barrier at that moment. I'm guessing it was Chamot, and she just hide inside from Adlet until she revealed herself pretending to have just arrived.

However the show is doing a real good job at confusing everybody and making everybody look sus. Even got me thinking it might be the bunny princess or Adlet. Perhaps Adlet was brainwashed all along, he did describe his history of finding his master differently than what was shown on screen, him being severely malnourished with bloody hands clinging to a walking stick. Maybe his master was really a fiend or worked for the fiends, we only got Adlet's word that his master was an anti-fiend something or other.
Nov 26, 2023 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
The episode was pretty good until the end, because that reasoning of Hans is really weak. So he's an expert of every sealed door in the whole country and all of them work the same way? And our dude just has to tell how the other two appeared inside without going through the door and ask them how they did it.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.