Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 10, 2015 10:20 AM
Oct 2014
YEAAAAAH WEENNDDYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 10, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 2014
Zinzoo said:
The fight was brilliant, Wendy going DF, kicking some ass and suff, but there is one thing. Why da hell didn't they use the original Dragon Force Theme music ? Just find Wendy's fight on yt, lower it's volume and then play Dragon Force theme. My freaking god this would be AMAZING!
Omg I tried it and it was sublime...nothing can beat the ol Dragon Force Theme, though I do enjoy the newer ones too.
Aug 11, 2015 6:59 PM
Jan 2012
good final. Wendy revelead great strong.
I was a little moved at the end of this episode.
Aug 11, 2015 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
vasilis0602 said:
Great fight.

Don't scare me like this. I thought they would really die.
Thanks Doranbolt.

Doranbolt make me relieved,but i see this part in manga.
Aug 28, 2015 9:01 PM

Mar 2011
Never have I rooted for someone to win a fight like I did for Wendy. So proud of her.
Aug 31, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2012
Made it in time, what a bullshit ,u should be there in the beginning.

Sep 5, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2013
I knew Doranbolt would come to save them, I hope to see Oracion Seis in action now soon too. The soundtrack was once again spot on for this episode, this is the only anime where I get really emotional in scenes like these.
Sep 5, 2015 10:36 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode. Loved Wendy's fight. Really intense stuff.

Flashback/montage stuff was sad.

Definitely mixed feelings for Wendy and Carla's plot armour saving them.
Oct 2, 2015 4:47 PM

Jan 2011
wendy win against ezel and destroyed face
and also some old memories of wendy and carla
Oct 15, 2015 9:47 AM

Nov 2012
I couldn't help but think during that whole attempt at inducing feels montage, like yeh this aint gonna happen, i know wendy's not gonna die, you know wendy's gonna die, why trying so hard to make me think that she, pls stop.

Although i wasn't expecting doranbolt(tbh completely forgot he existed), i thought jellal would show up what with their *sorta not really but still* history.
Dec 2, 2015 6:12 AM

Jul 2012
Clearly they weren't going to die so the whole sad flashback thing was really stupid and stretched as hell, I'm glad they didn't kill the cute Loli and on the other hand I'm disappointed that it was so obvious what was going to happen. Oh well I'm just glad they didn't revel that they were teleported out next episode.
Dec 4, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2012
Seriously. Who was fooled by that flashback sequence at all? I for one was absolutely certain that they would live. Which only makes this even worse. That line shattered my brain cells: "I made it in time"

One of the most asspulliest of asspulls I have ever seen.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Dec 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
That fight scene just needed Dragon Force playing in the background and it would've been perfect.
Dec 27, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
How can a Dragon Slayer be in Dragon Force mode and not have any scales?

Okay episode and I liked the flashbacks, but it was just so blatantly obvious that they weren't actually going to die it didn't have too much impact.
Feb 4, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2012
I really loved this episode. I got to see my precious little Wendy shine and also get some amazing backstory with Carla. I'm so proud of Wendy, and I'm super happy that she was saved by Doranbolt at the end of the episode ;; I don't know what I would have done if she were gone for good from the series...
Feb 12, 2016 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
It was pretty obvious that they aren't gonna die. No main characters died at Fairy Tail and obviously it won't start with Wendy and Carla. So all that build-up was boring to me.

The only time I really thought someone is gonna die was back then was Makarov on Tenroujima Island arc..
Feb 29, 2016 1:59 AM

Aug 2014
My opinion about the episode: It was super cool, Wendy using the dragon force made me really excited, loved the pink hair and the improved abilities. Somehow, however I expected this wouldn't be enough to stop face, so they had to set it to self-destruct mode.

This is where FT would've been ranked higher on my scale. They made lots of flashbacks, things have gotten really emotional, I felt like even if they died there it would only impact the anime in a positive way.

They had to ruin it. Shake my head.
May 5, 2016 4:09 AM

Feb 2016
aww the feels were so strong this time --- not. i like the animation of the explosions in this show. they should make more of them.
Sep 6, 2016 12:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wendy's Dragon Force mode design is so great, I just love seeing it animated.

The flashback accompanied by the slow music was hitting me pretty hard, I actually imagined Jellal saving Wendy because of the time they had spent together as children. I knew they were going to be fine, and it could've been executed a lot better I think. Hopefully there will be some explanation in the next episode.

Doranbolt x Wendy forever. I really hope they get a chance to talk.
Sep 18, 2016 8:29 PM

Jan 2016
Best fight so far! Love wendy fighting like that, Amazing. but OMG i went cryin glike a baby when the flashbacks and shit when down hill. ... ;-; i seriously thought that was it.. thank the dragon for Duranbolt! but Hurray for Wendy and Charla, the fight continues and Natsu is kicking some "hades" butt.
10/5 incredibly Epic episode this one!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 20, 2016 11:09 PM
Jun 2014
did they accidentally skip a episode or I missesd something because i cant't find even a scene that lead to the fight
Nov 28, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2010
And once again they get my hopes up in that they're about to kill off the worst characters in the series only to have an asspull save their lives...yet again....for the umpteenth time.
May 23, 2017 1:59 PM
Jun 2014
I've always known certain mangakas lack a certain something in the upstairs department, but this goes above and beyond, i never realized before now what an clown draws this manga. How utterly stupid do you have to be to write this nonsense? Don't make a montage like that and have them survive. Just don't..

You might love that she survived, you might hate she survived. I wanted her to die as i think character needs to die at times to make an impact on not just the story, but us as well. One thing is certain regardless what you think. You will take the story much less seriously when they keep pulling stuff like this.
Jun 23, 2017 5:44 PM

May 2012
Thought Wendy was really a goner there, but I should've thought she wouldn't!

Still pretty good episode, let's see what's next.
Oct 5, 2017 2:03 PM

Jul 2009
I am glad Wendy got dragon force. And happy that Doranbolt saved the girls
Nov 20, 2017 2:18 PM

Sep 2012
Those were the longest 5 minutes ever.
Feb 3, 2018 7:54 AM

May 2016
One of the best emotional tearjerker episodes in fairy tail this was perfect, ugh I thought they gonna dine for real Doranbolt God bless you, those flash backs and that ost boosted the level of sadness 100 times. 5/5
Feb 28, 2018 6:44 AM
Dec 2017
dammit i thought Wendy gonna die!! almost feel like dying myself!! but in the End she saved by that man!! i think that man like Wendy!
May 10, 2018 5:13 AM
Apr 2018
it wouldve been a nice sad death for wendy and carla, but i owukdnt want that.
Sep 5, 2018 10:09 PM

Feb 2013
Might be the best episode of Fairy Tail.
Oct 15, 2018 4:50 AM

Jan 2018
Some shine for Wendy! She really changed from when she was first introduced.
Jan 10, 2019 12:54 PM
Jul 2016
Great episode. I thought there might be a small chance they would die considering the very long montage, but Dorenbolt saves them as expected. I think this is probably the beginnings of Wendy becoming the most powerful hero amongst the legendary Sannin, and possibly the guild.
Feb 8, 2019 6:13 PM
Jul 2017
I know this is going to piss a lot of people off, but I just have to put it out there. Let me preface this by saying I like Fairy Tail's concept a lot. I like the story, the main characters, the villains, and the fight scenes. Even the borderline unnecessary fanservice. However, this anime, like many other shounen, lacks shock value. Whether it's the death of a lovable character (ie. One Piece) or even just the main character failing to win, shock value critical to keeping the suspense in a story. This is where Fairy Tail fails. No matter what happens at this point in the story, you know that Natsu, Happy, Erza, Lucy, and all of Fairy Tail will be fine. This episode was the perfect chance for Hiro Mashima to take his anime to the next level by letting a character die. Almost all the emotional impact of this episode was lost the instant they were saved. Rather than the main characters mourning and fighting to avenge Wendy and Charle, all that emotion goes to waste. This episode honestly hurts me. At this point, this series is just a shameless cash-grab.
Mar 4, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
@kiehjohn I share your sentiment.

Somehow I managed to, however briefly, think Happy was legitimately sacrificing himself a few episodes ago, yet couldn't for a second believe Wendy and Carla were goners. Makes me think that my mood & mental state going into this impacts my suspension of disbelief and ability to enjoy this, lol.

That climax should've been an emotionally crippling sobfest, everything was building up to a genuine conclusion for these two's character arcs, but... I couldn't buy it. For good reason too, I guess. This episode didn't even decide to end it there and wait until the next episode for Doranbolt to deus ex machina. It didn't even let the explosion finish lmao.

Episode 200 (Ultear's goodbye) was that sort of emotionally crippling sobfest, so I know it can be done and work tremendously well.

I agree with the sentiment this would've been the perfect opportunity to show us Fairy Tail has moxie, but simultaneously Wendy is one of my favorites and I don't want to see her go... so this is still acceptable to me.

The fight was fun, at least.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 31, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 2009
Lisanna looks so cute as a neko. If I had that kind of magic I would use it to look adorable too. :)
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 27, 2020 12:40 PM

May 2018
We got baited haha. Fitting for the 69th episode
Jul 14, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2020
Not gonna pretend being super surprised or something, because I knew they'd never ever kill someone as important as Wendy. Like this is fairy tail, FAIRY TAIL.

Also I like Wendy too, so I never wanted something like that to actually happen to begin with.
Aug 9, 2022 12:36 PM
Dec 2021
I said in my mind that Doranbolt was gonna swoop in and saved them and I called it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.