Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel Shinrei Tantei Yakumo To Be Animated

New
Dec 7, 2009 1:05 AM

Feb 2008
According to Newtype January issue, Kaminaga Manabu's novel Shinrei Tantei Yakumo was announced to get a TV anime adaptation. It will be aired next autumn.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Anime official website

Director: Kurokawa Tomoyuki ("Murder Princess")
Series Organizer: Kawasaki Hiroyuki ("Tsubasa Chronicle")
Production Studio: Bee Train

Source: Scan of Newtype
freedo-Dec 13, 2009 11:21 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 7, 2009 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
Sounds pretty interesting..

However, I have to see the character designs, animation and also the seiyuu cast before deciding to watch it or not..
Dec 7, 2009 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
Bee train? Hm. I might watch it. But not a fan of bee train since they make not so serious anime seems serious.

Dec 7, 2009 2:45 AM

Nov 2007
Damn. The main character has heterochromia, meaning I will end up watching the first few episodes... but BeeTrain is it? I'm already super skeptical about this but the director this time isn't Koichi Mashimo, meaning this stands a chance to actually be a good adaptation. No more slow panning, still shots and focus on characters eyes please. BeeTrain stands a chance to do better if they actually had more directors instead of Koichi Mashimo =3=.
Dec 7, 2009 3:09 AM

Sep 2008
I forgot when I last saw an anime without a character with heterochromia, some "evil eye" or some other kind of mysterious power sealed in on of the eyes...
Dec 7, 2009 3:45 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like Ghost Hunt V2 from what I can see...
Dec 7, 2009 4:34 AM

Oct 2009
Seems interesting enough. Heterochromia never fails to spark up interest for me =D
Dec 7, 2009 11:32 AM

Nov 2006
Aww damn it. The manga looks really good, but Bee Train.... :( Guess I'll give it a shot anyway.
Dec 7, 2009 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
Kantarou said:
Damn. The main character has heterochromia, meaning I will end up watching the first few episodes... but BeeTrain is it? I'm already super skeptical about this but the director this time isn't Koichi Mashimo, meaning this stands a chance to actually be a good adaptation. No more slow panning, still shots and focus on characters eyes please. BeeTrain stands a chance to do better if they actually had more directors instead of Koichi Mashimo =3=.

Never quite understood the complaints about panning and eye focus shots.

Moving the camera gives the fluidity of motion in animation when you don't have many tweeners working on your project. And most of Bee Train's early works have only had pretty modest budgets. Phantom clearly had a pretty big budget.

And as far as the extreme close up and focus on a character's eyes: Eyes are the window to a character's soul. Otherwise they wouldn't make the eyes so damn big in any anime. Considering the main character's two colored eyes are an integral part of his character yeah I can still see some tight shots and camera pans across their face. It is thoroughly Mashimo's trademark but I've seen his staff directors do it from time to time.

And yeah I don't particularly care for static shots of still either but hey you do what you can with what budget your given.
ShadowBlazer3000Dec 7, 2009 3:46 PM
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 7, 2009 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
ShadowAlex said:
Never quite understood the complaints about panning and eye focus shots.

Moving the camera gives the fluidity of motion in animation when you don't have many tweeners working on your project. And most of Bee Train's early works have only had pretty modest budgets. Phantom clearly had a pretty big budget.

And as far as the extreme close up and focus on a character's eyes: Eyes are the window to a character's soul. Otherwise they wouldn't make the eyes so damn big in any anime. Considering the main character's two colored eyes are an integral part of his character yeah I can still see some tight shots and camera pans across their face. It is thoroughly Mashimo's trademark but I've seen his staff directors do it from time to time.

And yeah I don't particularly care for static shots of still either but hey you do what you can with what budget your given.
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind those techniques and I agree with most of your points but the way BeeTrain tends to handle them excessively is what irks me. It comes off as more as a ploy to delay time than what you described. In the end I'm just not fond of BeeTrain's (or rather Koichi Mashimo's) style, especially when it comes to their adaptations. I won't deny that they can be pretty darn stylish with the way they handle some other techniques but not the ones I highlighted. Phantom is the only BeeTrain adaptation to date that I've truly liked and has redeemed the studio a little in my eyes. Having said that, I am willing to give their new project a shot and hope for the best.
KantarouDec 7, 2009 4:14 PM
Dec 7, 2009 6:39 PM

May 2008
I read that manga, and it's great history!!

I'm looking forward for this anime ^_^
ArystarDec 7, 2009 6:43 PM
Dec 12, 2009 4:02 AM

Sep 2009
Arystar said:
I read that manga, and it's great history!!

I'm looking forward for this anime ^_^

I totally agree with you.
I can't wait for it!
Dec 15, 2009 12:52 PM
Jun 2008
Oh God, no, Bee Train :(
Dec 15, 2009 2:01 PM

Mar 2008
oh god yes, sorry it's not emo house!
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 19, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2008
Different eye colors like Louis Cyphre?

Story sounds cool..

I will be adding it to my plan to watch list but will make a decision later on when I see the seiyuu cast and also the character designs for the anime..
Mar 4, 2010 1:16 AM

Mar 2009
Great! I can't wait for next autumn~
Join our village, where we can have fun together.

Mar 7, 2010 10:15 PM

Aug 2007
Wooo~!!
Mar 7, 2010 10:24 PM

Oct 2007
Looking forward to this. Been meaning to read the light novel for a while but my Japanese is still not up to scratch and reading takes me forever.
Read the manga scanlations though. This is my kind of story. Let's hope the anime is pulled off well.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

May 13, 2010 1:16 AM
Feb 2010
Yeyey.
Cannot wait.
May 13, 2010 1:37 AM

Mar 2009
Not exactly a very original plot, but it might be good.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
12 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.