Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which one do you like more?
Dec 7, 2009 12:59 AM

Sep 2008
Well, I guess the title says pretty much everything you'll have to know :) Please let me know WHY too :D

For me it's the dubbed version, though I like the subbed one too. I think that they did a perfect job on dubbing it :3 The voices match perfectly. Though it's the same in the subs o.o I think I like the dubs more because I've watched that as first :p
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 23, 2009 3:36 PM

May 2009
Dubbing is usually the worst way to choose - it's simply destroying the climate of every anime.. And it doesn't matter is it worse or worst dubbing..Dubs suX!

Subs rules forever! :D
Dec 26, 2009 8:01 PM

Nov 2007
totally agree with Alefi. Subbing is the ONLY way to go!
If there's no subs, there's no anime.
those who like dubbing, I'm not gona dog you but...I just can't understand it... they alwaaaayss get these LOSER voices and it's like... wth??? ... but...if that's what tickles your fancy... you should try subbed! xP
Jan 13, 2010 2:43 AM

Sep 2008
To be honest, I've watched the subs too, and did you ever watch the dubs? o.o I mean, Death Note is dubbed very well D: I don't understand why people wouldn't like the dub :O And there are always some anime which screw up the reputation of nice dubs ._.
I'm not saying dubs are WAY better than subs, cuz I'm aware that it differs with each anime :P All I'm trying to say is that people should give the better dubs a chance too :3
Jan 13, 2010 3:26 AM

Mar 2009
Miyano Mamoru can't be compared with american, german or other language dubbers. He was simply perfect in the Death Note. However I still enjoy watching dubbed versions as well.
Mar 5, 2010 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
To be honest the dubbs weren't bad but the original Japanese voices totally rule XD!!
Mar 11, 2010 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
Subbed definitely. dubbed animes are not animes any more :D well I hate them dubbed, they sound horrible

Apr 17, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
I loved the dub, though it was I thought Brad Swaile's voice for Light had a too heavy an american accent. But, L, my God! He was brilliant! That voice...so alluring, so perfect.

Apr 19, 2010 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
Subbed - that's it.

Apr 21, 2010 6:02 AM

Jun 2009
I think dubs are better. I simply love the dub. Im watching Death Note Dubbed at the moment, and its actually really good.. Even the voices and the pronouciations match the drawings. I guess thats really hard to do when its originally meant to be japanese, so thats worth a compliment to the dubbing companies.

I must say the reason I like the dubbed version better is because Firuchan (bff I SMELL THIE <3) told me so xD..
Besides all, Its an oppinion.. I wont say that pplz who watch subs are losers and that they should watch dubbed, cuz i wont judge pplz on what they think =D

Oh and btw, I like subbed too,, I watch Naruto Shipuuden and Vampire Knight subbed, and those anime SIMPLY MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE XDDDD

<3 ~Karuchann wa
Apr 21, 2010 7:08 AM

Oct 2009
buta_hill said:
Miyano Mamoru can't be compared with american, german or other language dubbers. He was simply perfect in the Death Note. However I still enjoy watching dubbed versions as well.

Except of the last sentence is this exactly my opinion. I rarely watch dubs and if than just german dubs and these are mostly terrible.^^

Also Miyano Mamoru is one of the best voice actors.
Apr 24, 2010 2:20 AM
Jan 2009
I normally watch subs but DN is one of the few anime in which I prefer the dubs.
I thought they did a better job compared to the original voices.
Need more dubs like these
Apr 29, 2010 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
They become completely different persons with dubbed voices >3<
When I watch the dub it's like a fake Light or a fake L, it's not the real deal. Not for me at least... ^^'' And many good "conversations" and such is also destroyed in the English dub. That's why I prefer the Subbed version, and not just in Death Note. it includes all animes. But just for fun sometimes I watch the dubbed after I've watched the subbed version just to check If it's any good or not.
May 30, 2010 8:51 PM

Apr 2009
SUBBED!
MIYANO MAMORU <3
May 31, 2010 12:57 AM

May 2010
Subbed I like it better when it's subbed
Jun 16, 2010 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
With this anime specifically, I think the dub was better.

Most anime, sub is better.

But dubs should be given a chance, I'm completely sick of people who think that all Japanese voice actors are amazing heavenly beings! Some Japanese voice actors do suck! In Death Note, L's dubbed voice was completely amazing. You could hear it in his voice when he spoke that he was always in deep thought and contemplation. Just amazing.

Not all Japanese voice actors are great, in a lot of anime, the Americans do a better job. I.e. CowBoy Bebop.

Saying that a dub 'kills' an anime is completely stupid and ridiculous. The Japanese version is an interpretation from the manga in the first place, they didn't INVENT the characters.

Also, Ryuk sounds HORRIBLE in the original (sub) and is so much better with his sinister laugh and croaky voice in the Dub.

The FACT OF THE MATTER is that dubs and subs differ depending on the anime, some get it right and some get it wrong... there isn't a fixed one on which is better.

For example, to go back on a previously mentioned anime:

Samurai Champloo = better in subs. Dubs wasn't too great.

Cowboy Bebop = dubs was way better than the original.

Don't just be snobby and only stick to one because you think by going for the original it makes you more of an anime fan. It doesn't. You could be losing out. Anyway, apologies for the rant.
Jul 26, 2010 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
I Love Dub! ^^
I was Crazy for it.. But Now I started watching More Sub's
& I still Like Both ^^
Dec 3, 2010 9:39 AM

Jan 2010
Firu-chan said:
To be honest, I've watched the subs too, and did you ever watch the dubs? o.o I mean, Death Note is dubbed very well D: I don't understand why people wouldn't like the dub :O And there are always some anime which screw up the reputation of nice dubs ._.
I'm not saying dubs are WAY better than subs, cuz I'm aware that it differs with each anime :P All I'm trying to say is that people should give the better dubs a chance too :3
now you are talkin' about DN dud which is good BUT in other anime the dud just sucks . i have seen some anime both in sub and dud and my conclusion was that anime which have both good sub and dud you can choose between them but in anime which dud is not good at all then you SHOULD!!!! watch it with sub (it is obligatory!!)
Mar 31, 2011 3:41 AM
Mar 2011
The Death Note dub was amazing. It was the version I watched first, so I have to go with the dub. Brad Swaile's voice was absolutely *brilliant* as Light. The way he laughed in the last episode had chills running down my spine... He was so evil, yet so very sexy. <3 I tried watching the sub, and to be honest, I didn't like it as much... It just didn't have the same emotion that the dub did. Sorry, sub fans! ^^;;;
Oct 17, 2011 10:49 AM

Jul 2011
of course sub!!!! it's better... and mamoru miyano's voice is great!! Kira's laugh's so great!!! lightyagamilaughing.gif
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2012 9:12 AM

Mar 2008
I go for the subs, I swear, I tend to be feeling unsatisfied every time I watch animes that are dubbed and this anime is one of them. I always prefer nihongo because it feels more like the character.

Oct 9, 2012 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
Subs for me! :D
I just love hearing Japanese :)
Sep 1, 2013 4:31 AM
Aug 2013
Subbed, of course.
Sep 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
Dramon said:
I normally watch subs but DN is one of the few anime in which I prefer the dubs.
I thought they did a better job compared to the original voices.
Need more dubs like these

Same here.
The only animes I've seen so far in Dub are;
Death Note
Dragonball/Z/GT
Spirited Away

Which were all fine, in fact I honestly think the dubs are more suited for it.
Jun 4, 2015 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Dubs usually suck so bad, but they did a decent job with death note. I have't watched whole thing in dub, just some clips, nor I plan to. Because no matter how good it is, japanese version is whole 'nother level, that you can't even compare with dubs

So, DN

dub = good

sub = pure epicness

clickable▲
Nov 30, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2015
Im gonna have to say dubbed on this one DeathNote was the first anime i ever watched and like most peoples first, i watched it dubbed and just loved lights voice the massive argument for me is the "evil" laugh i think subbed is more psychotic mental (which is awesome) and dubbed is Sinister and evil! (also awesome!)
Apr 6, 2016 8:52 AM
Nov 2014
Shallamayne said:
I agree that the dub was actually amazing. Although I haven't watched the sub, I usually watch the subbed version of anime. I'm not bias to dubs, and I know what a bad dub is... Really though the crisp scene was definitely better dubbed, I've compared them! :D
MasterFayerzApr 6, 2016 8:57 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Yagami Light - Character Discussion

buta_hill - Jul 17, 2009

21 by geekfreak17a »»
Dec 18, 2012 4:34 PM

» Who's going to play Yagami Light ?!

buta_hill - Sep 2, 2009

24 by Animefanx3 »»
Aug 5, 2011 6:06 AM

» Yagami Light banners

Azunyan_ - Jul 23, 2011

0 by Azunyan_ »»
Jul 23, 2011 2:21 PM

» 28 February Happy Birthday Raito!

Tsukiakari-sama - Feb 28, 2011

0 by Tsukiakari-sama »»
Feb 28, 2011 8:57 AM

Sticky: » Membercard Request. [Closed] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RionVarian - Oct 4, 2009

278 by Izahym »»
Nov 24, 2010 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.