Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 5, 2015 9:30 PM
Nov 2010
I speculate that this was the real twenty faces goal and that he wanted to people to inspired by the "vigilant of justice" twenty faces enough to start taking the law in their own hands.
Aug 6, 2015 11:24 AM
Mar 2012
Quite obvious most cute girls die in this show. Kagami's backstory was very well presented, even though no surprises. Bit sad Kagami may be gone, since he's quite an interesting character. Maybe black lizard can pull some more strings.
Interesting to see 20 Faces baton potentially passing to Sachiko's father, or to vigilantes in general.
Aug 6, 2015 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
Ah, finally had time to watch the episodes!
Well, I admit the episode was sad and a tear jerker but it felt like a repeat of the episode with Shadow-man...
I dont know, it was kinda boring.. its was actually the same, but with diffrent characters.
Actually, kinda disappointed, i thought this anime going to present diffrent cases but its episode 5 and its just the same thing as the last episodes.
Seriously?
*praying that the next episode will be super great*
Aug 7, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
Fuck yes! Finally, that fat bastard is dead. I would have much preferred to have him grinded up into cement like he was about to be in the previous episode, but what matters is that he's dead, and killed by Sachiko's father on top of that via multiple stabbing and slash wounds, so true justice vengeance was served. I almost got a boner when he was being killed. I hope the fat bastard was sliced and diced up until he was unrecognizable.

Speaking of vengeance, it was obvious that as soon as they introduced the little sister, I instantly knew "This girl's dead. I'd bet my left testicle on that" for the reason what drove Kagami over the edge, and why he took to murdering murderers. I completely agree with Kagami though, along with the mental institutions being BS, criminals need to be punished...even if they only punish other criminals. It would be hypocrisy and arrogance to think otherwise. It is a necessary evil.

While this episode was predictable af, I hope they go back to the more serious mind-fucking cases that make us think about who could the murderer be.
Aug 10, 2015 4:21 AM

Mar 2013
I'm still confused. Is that bastard died by Sachiko's father, being stabbed to death or is it by Kagami, where he mutilated his eyes and melted his limbs, killing him slowly?
FinalFlash18Aug 10, 2015 4:37 AM
Aug 10, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2015
The Kagami's "transformation" to the serial killer reminded me a little bit of the cop in Death Parade. Anyway, the whole episode wasn't on the level of the previous episodes but it was alrigth to give us some background on a charcter. Hope to have a similar one for Akechi who seems to hide something very intersting in his past
Aug 13, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2015
I actually liked this episode ....
Damn kagami ... i remembered Psycho-Pass for obvious reasons ..
5/5
i realize it's not like the other episodes .. but i really liked it :3
Aug 15, 2015 11:15 PM

Aug 2008
Kagami did nothing wrong
wish he wouldnt have gotten caught

Aug 16, 2015 9:16 AM

May 2014
I'm glad they decided to tell us why Kagami did this. I forgive him, with his sister and all this was a really sad arc :(
And the ending btw, such brutality damn :p that fat guy though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Aug 19, 2015 10:44 AM
Mar 2011
I liked this episode. Even if it was a bit predictable (I don't like this word and I don't like when people use it). I liked this episode better than the previous two. It's sad, that so many people drop this show (I hope I won't). I like the world and the "atmosphere" of this show. But lots of people expect from it something it isn't. I'm trying just to watch and just get what they give...
Aug 20, 2015 6:29 PM

Mar 2008
Jesus Christ I was not expecting the feels I got this episode. Why did it have to be the newly officially introduced poor little sister? It should never be the little sister. Such a cutie doesn't deserve this.

Is it seriously that hard to convict in Japan? The one case they said a drunk guy got off for being drunk. That shit would not fly in the US, you'd go down so hard in trial.
Aug 21, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
This was too much.

ichii_1 said:
I hated this episode cause everything is so true and real :'(

This is me at the end of the ep.

Aug 25, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Meritas said:
This was too much.

ichii_1 said:

I third this.

Very powerful episode and I just loved the ending. For some strange reason I feel like the ending song in that place just made it that much sadder and tragic. It was oddly fitting and oddly making it hit harder.
Aug 26, 2015 3:46 AM

Mar 2010
Man...this series is dark. Objectively, very good but sad episode. Psychologically, it left me with so many thoughts about law and society. Haven't seen anime like this in a while ._.
Aug 29, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
KAGAMI DID NOTHING WRONG ;_______;
Sep 17, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2007
Kagami Keijiiiiii ;_;
Sep 18, 2015 10:03 PM

May 2014
Predictable outcome, but probably the best ep so far. Complex problem
Sep 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
Meritas said:
This was too much.

I third this.
+1 as well

"The law can't protect the people."
So fucking true. Humans are getting dumber everyday, and it shows on the news and everywhere.

HikaruIzumi said:
Very powerful episode and I just loved the ending. For some strange reason I feel like the ending song in that place just made it that much sadder and tragic. It was oddly fitting and oddly making it hit harder.
Especially when the lyrics were translated and you read it alongside what went down in actual scene. The beginning verse of the song ironically fits. It was really tragic.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2015 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
That fat fuck got his cookies at the end of the episode. I'm glad Sachiko's daddy got revenge for her.

You'd be surprised how many murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. are released into society either due to influence, power, money, lack of evidence, psychiatric evaluations, etc. People who refuse to believe that this type of fuckery happens in the real world, isn't living in the real world.
่‡ญใ„-
Oct 16, 2015 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode, much better than the previous four mostly because it was focused on a decent character.

I'm guessing this 20 Face Man is going to be the theme of this series.
Oct 28, 2015 4:36 AM
May 2009
Milk_is_Special said:
ichii_1 said:

I feel ya man, I feel ya. This episode was great, and I mean that in a sad and horrified way.

Worse part was he didn't go home early like he promised so he feels extra guilty, since he could have probably prevent it. It would hurt even more if he was acquitted as well after getting arrested.
Nov 22, 2015 2:25 PM
Aug 2013
Excellent episode, wow.

It's too bad the entire show isn't about Kagami's descent into darkness.
Dec 20, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is so depressing and just full of sadness. I have never watched a anime this freaking annoying in a way where it just straight up pisses me off watching it because it purposely makes characters die and make the villains just way too unbearable.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 16, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
This episode made me very sad and angry, but...

The fat bastard deserved what he got. I would've prefered it if he was crushed to death or suffered the same fate as Sugane but he deserved what he got.
Jan 19, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2012
Another very impressive episode, dark yet interesting to be honest! That ending was great, even though that fat fuck deserves worse, it's good he's death at least.
Feb 14, 2016 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
this show is predictable yet quite harsh and gruesome at the same time its like a car crash you cant help but look.... parts i find really good and other aspects are infuriatingly bad xD
Mar 21, 2016 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
Yet another shitty asspull this time. The creators have no respect for viewers.
Nov 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
Gvendoline said:
Yet another shitty asspull this time. The creators have no respect for viewers.

Nor for the source. Modern take on popular fictional characters can be interesting, but not when you make them edgelords.

As predictable as the episode was, Koyasu killing fatso caught me off guard, had me in tears.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 15, 2017 2:42 AM

Dec 2012
Dat imouto.
Holy shit!
Dat rage.
Dat face. Dem tears. Dat snot.
Dat well deserved stab.
Stab him up.

I knew from the phone calls that the imouto was dead. Free Kagami!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 13, 2018 6:09 PM

Jul 2017
i fucking knew his sister was about to die cause of all this foreshadowing but damn it still hurt me.
Apr 16, 2019 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for Kagami and I definitely understand why he become the Twenty Faces. Good thing no Kobayashi butt or fanservice on this EP, but I couldn’t see any symparize from either aside from Hashiba. Nah, that fat guy should die he deserves it. I like the inser song tho

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jul 13, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2016
Kenju said:
Kagami did nothing wrong
wish he wouldnt have gotten caught

Hmm...

He still brutally murdered a bunch of people...

Jul 30, 2022 9:47 AM

Sep 2018
Kinda fucked up that the message of the episode (and several preceding ones) seems to be that "the justice system treats mentally ill people too leniently" rather than actually delving into the very real societal and institutional problems of the Japanese justice system. The line about prosecutors dropping charges against mentally ill criminals for fear of damaging their reputation and chance of a promotion should they be acquitted should've been explored much more. Yes, in this fictional anime, the system was in the wrong for letting someone like Watanuki go free for being mentally ill, but the blame shouldn't be placed on those who are of unsound mind or human rights groups. Blame the system with a 99%+ conviction rate, where judges and prosecutors are more concerned with public appearances than doing actual justice, instead.

An article for those who have any interest in how shitty the Japanese justice system is.
Nov 25, 2022 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
Basterd Sunaga got what he deserved! So sorry for Kagami:(

Oct 22, 2023 10:46 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
WTF ? The most retard and idiot law that i have ever been watching from anime, you release a serial murderer or a F*cking killer because they have a mentality disorder" TF ? It actually became the most problem when a killer has a crazy mind, these idiots law really thick me off and those police is really useless
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Dec 2022
Was nice to see an immersive and gripping episode after what was previously tonally inconsistent absurdity. Kagami's distaste for these farcical appeals to psychology criminals use to avoid justice for the harm they've caused others is also something you can empathise with as well, to the point where I support his vigilantism entirely.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

326 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:25 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.