Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 30, 2015 4:51 PM
Dec 2014
these 2 chapters are the best!
Jul 30, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!....

KAIDO!!!

I have been contemplating on what would he actually look like since Law and Luffy's alliance to take down Kaido.
Jul 30, 2015 6:10 PM
Mar 2015
Kaido, crew members we haven't seen in a long while, Isshou being a GG . . . good chapter. Great chapter. Loved it.
Jul 30, 2015 6:17 PM

Aug 2014
Showing how Kaido looks is already great enough for me, ready for the next big fight that is gonna happen~
Jul 30, 2015 6:29 PM

Oct 2007
HAHAHA KAIDO just totally crashed Kid's party...I wonder if he'll let them live!! WHAT a spectacular intro >w<
Ahh Nami-swaan and curlybrow pirates you were missed! So glad they didn't get into a fight with Big Maams without Luffy's group. I wonder why they were let off their ship? LUCKY!
Kaido is even luckier...I don't think he can have a devil fruit power that makes him so OP unless it's the OPE-OPE fruit (pun intended). The Beast has descended from the heavens and he's ready to punish all that offended him! Meanwhile Luffy should recollect his group, find Shanks and prepare for the greatest war since Marineford! P.S Fujitora is such a boss.
Jul 30, 2015 9:20 PM

Jun 2012
WK-Heisenberg said:
That's my very first interpretation of the issue, but now I'm led to believe that all those things, instead on breaking before the execution took place, they failed to kill him and broke due to his body strenght. This, apparently, does not imply he can not be hurt (scars), so I'm thinking: you can hurt him but you have to be a beast like him, only few characters can stand a chance against him; that being said, hypothetically, you can actually kill him, meaning that he is not immortal, he is "just" a freaking monster... but then again, Oda tells us that not even Kaido could kill himself and, ok, we are in a fantasy world and we witnessed Pell surviving a bomb, but come on, nobody can survive that jump "only" because of luck or him being the strongest creature in the world (I do not rule it out completely but it would disappoint me so bad). So I can only think about the Ope Ope or, however, something related to devil fruits powers we don't know about (Vegapunk is crucial here). That's it... but nope, then he could simply drown in the ocean (not in the case he is immortal thanks to the Ope Ope but at the same time he is not a DF user)... You see, thousands of speculations can be made, only Oda knows, after all I do not expect to be told everything immediatly, I just hope it will not take too long... we are likely going to see him in the forthcoming arc given that Sanji and Co. seem to be landed on his island, but I'm not sure.
True, I was also thinking it could be possible that it's just because of how big he is and broke the chains and things... but it sounds like there have been all sorts of ways people have tried to kill him, and somehow it all goes wrong. Also, it is technically possible to survive any fall no matter how great with insane circumstance / luck... though I'm sure you're right about it being the work of a Devil Fruit... or perhaps even more likely SMILE from Vegapunk. I kind of doubt it's the work of the Ope Ope no Mi, as it was said that the supposed technique that makes someone immortal kills the user... and even if it's an actual technique we don't even know how it truly works thus far... but if it really works how they described it, then that would likely make Kaidou pretty damned old.
Jul 30, 2015 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder if this will lead to Kidd alliance teaming up with Luffy and Law to fight Kaidou.
Kaiser-chanJul 30, 2015 10:08 PM

Jul 31, 2015 1:44 AM
Dec 2013
Reminds me of Berserker from fate/stay night. Maybe he is based off hercules?
Jul 31, 2015 3:35 AM
Aug 2012
great it was stupid ass kaido. was hoping enel would come back. 2 stars
Jul 31, 2015 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
I already loved this chapter from the first page with Sanji. Then we see the rest of the Strawhats. Brook & Sanji back in action again, along with their trademark gags that always make me laugh.

At this point, already a 10/10 from me.

Then we switch scenes to the Kid Alliance...and the amazement continues. I was actually convinced that hole was a surprise attack from Lucky Roo, until the narration began describing the character.

I've always enjoyed whenever the Narrator narrates, and this time was no different. The gradual narration during Kaido's introduction was truly superb. It also reminded me of some of the narration in Hunter x Hunter, in the best of ways.

"His hobbies include attempting suicide."

Kaido's whole introduction was superb, in fact. Not to mention his physical appearance which is already one of my favorites of the series. Seeing Kid completely shocked was great as well.

Alright enough typing, back to fangasming
Jul 31, 2015 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
Kaidou truly is a beast. Kidd, Apoo and Hawkins looks like they got a huge fight on their hands. Wouldn't be surprised if they get rekt. But if they do, I wonder how Luffy and Law will fair then...
Jul 31, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
Beastly .
The half of the crew ~ !!
Law of the world . Impregnable .
AnimeLaver01Jul 31, 2015 6:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2015 6:36 AM

May 2010
Thought it would've been more interesting if Kaido was a fishman, but turns out he is simply a giant human. As usual, initial outline looks nothing like him. His design reminds me of Hajrudin and that filler villain Byrnndi World, combined: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Byrnndi_World . Hajrudin got similar face and very long, wavy hair. Byrnndi got huge horns (although those were on his helm, rather than being a part of his body) and similar body proportions.

That part with Sanji's team was kinda messy. We weren't even properly introduced to these guys chasing them.
Jul 31, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2015
Arcling said:
That part with Sanji's team was kinda messy. We weren't even properly introduced to these guys chasing them.

It's called adventure, not messy. Being thrust into the unknown is classic One Piece!
Jul 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2012
A bit late to the party but...

shaaaaan said:
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
Jul 31, 2015 8:51 AM
Oct 2013
SuperRed said:
A bit late to the party but...

shaaaaan said:

Here you go!

Jul 31, 2015 9:28 AM

Mar 2015
Really long time no see Sanji, Chopper, Nami, Momo, Brook (Ceasar not included).
I don't understand what's going on on the island where Sanji and co are there.

I thought Kaidou was Cat devil fruit model Lion?
Jul 31, 2015 10:08 AM
Feb 2014
Lot of people are obsessed over Kaido's drop. Luffy also never got hurt by falling as high it may be.
Jul 31, 2015 10:16 AM

May 2012
Jumping off Skypiea couldn't kill Kaidou. Freakin' monster. Maybe he ate a devil fruit.
Jul 31, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Arpit said:
Lot of people are obsessed over Kaido's drop. Luffy also never got hurt by falling as high it may be.

Luffy's made of rubber, Kaido's not, we don't even know what exactly he is lol

sheidesu said:
Jumping off Skypiea couldn't kill Kaidou. Freakin' monster. Maybe he ate a devil fruit.

If he ate one, wouldn't have been simple to jump in water (not from a high place), and just stay until he drowned?
Jul 31, 2015 12:57 PM
Jan 2014
metsujin said:
Arpit said:

Luffy's made of rubber, Kaido's not, we don't even know what exactly he is lol

sheidesu said:

If he ate one, wouldn't have been simple to jump in water (not from a high place), and just stay until he drowned?

Now that I think about this, If Kaidou wants so much to die, then he can just a devil fruit and jump in the water xD
Jul 31, 2015 5:26 PM

Nov 2013
The new translation made it a wonderful chapter but i wonder ...

Could it be that Kaidou is not human? Could he be a creature like chopper who ate a "human devil fruit". His look makes me think of a dragon and they keep calling him "creature"

And could it be that the "new age" dofla has always been refering to was his smile deal with kaidou and kaidou preparing a big zoan army to make "the greatest war the world has ever seen"?
Aug 1, 2015 2:09 AM
Jan 2015
short_review said:
The new translation made it a wonderful chapter but i wonder ...

Could it be that Kaidou is not human? Could he be a creature like chopper who ate a "human devil fruit". His look makes me think of a dragon and they keep calling him "creature"

And could it be that the "new age" dofla has always been refering to was his smile deal with kaidou and kaidou preparing a big zoan army to make "the greatest war the world has ever seen"?

could be some kind of foreshadowing , so yeah probably he refer to the war that Kaidou talk about
Aug 1, 2015 5:54 PM
Jun 2015
what a chapter 5/5
Aug 1, 2015 7:15 PM
Apr 2015
Pretty sweet chapter.

Kaido, is he a dragon-like creature, or simply a very strong man? guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, was that a furry in the forest?
Aug 1, 2015 8:06 PM
Jun 2015
Damm these post arc chapters have all been fucking awesome
5/5 again

Finally Kaido the strongest beast appears, its about time! (dude has been forshadowed since Thriller Bark)
Aug 2, 2015 2:35 AM

Jun 2012
WK-Heisenberg said:
He might be very old, but it's not a must, I mean, we don't know and I doubt it, but it could simply be that the previous Ope Ope no mi user accomplished that tecnique, died right after and the DV revived; we know the rest of the story. In that case the surgery took place something like 20 years ago (I can't remind the exact time window in which Corazon's flashback occured).
True it's possible, but from what Doflamingo and co. seemed to imply, the only one who could do the technique was a doctor from a very long time ago, and that the fruit has otherwise been wasted on others and is very rarely found. The flashback with Corazon wasn't necessarily right after the last user died either.

Arcling said:
Thought it would've been more interesting if Kaido was a fishman, but turns out he is simply a giant human. As usual, initial outline looks nothing like him.

What do you mean? He looks just like his first outline:

Also, it's just a bit of a tease with the Curlyhats anyway... the main attraction was Kaidou this chapter. We're going to be seeing plenty of them soon enough. Besides, I'm definitely more interested in Kaidou himself than a few of his underlings. Although the sheep girl does seem interesting... and I'm curious if this is Zou, and if so, if Law's crew is related to the people Chopper is talking about saving.
Aug 2, 2015 4:32 AM

Jan 2014
Team Sunny... finally
frankly speaking I didn't understand what going all at all but it's good to see Nami and the rest

Luffy and Law target ended up facing Kidd's alliance?... that's some strange turn of events, by "The thousand beast" they don't really mean he has like thousand lives or something like that?... and I really thought BB was really the strongest pirate now days but that seems to be wrong... man I hope the next chapter has some answers
Aug 2, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
Aug 2, 2015 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
Elgargini said:
...and I really thought BB was really the strongest pirate now days but that seems to be wrong... man I hope the next chapter has some answers
Psh, Blackbeard is a tool. His strengths are only in trickery... but take away his tricks and he's nothing. Sure Sabo is Dragon's lieutenant, but still he took out one of Blackbeard's like it was nothing... with an ability he just obtained no less.

The only advantage Blackbeard has is that no one knows what he's capable of. At least when it comes to raw power, Blackbeard is a weakass. He's a tough one though, no doubt... but nothing like the strongest. He's merely ambitious and a powerful schemer.
Aug 3, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
Finally got the looks of Kaidou and by the looks of it, he's OP, guess that strongest creature wasn't an exaggeration. And at last Sanji's group finally got a chance to see them again after so many chapters. Kid's alliance to face Kaidou, this gonna be great!!!

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Aug 4, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2011
"..Finds it amusing to the point it's a hobby!!" I had a good minute laughing at this. XD

And finally Kaidou appears! Kidd gunna get whipped?

Reading his summary, Kaidou seems like he has a hell of a lot of luck. The kind that Luffy got when he struck with lightning back at Roger's execution platform.

The after arc chapters are always so good. Though Sabo's convenient amnesia was kind of stupid, I did like the interaction he had with some of the crew. Didn't care much for the other Strawhats, Kaido stole the spotlight!
MirorinAug 4, 2015 11:04 AM
Aug 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
Mirorin said:
The after arc chapters are always so good. Though Sabo's convenient amnesia was kind of stupid, I did like the interaction he had with some of the crew. Didn't care much for the other Strawhats, Kaido stole the spotlight!

When you look at the many variable that went into Sabo regaining his memories (Ace, his death and his murderer; Sakazuki - read 'Sake Cups' in Kanji: all making the connection possible), it doesn't seem that much of a plot convenience nor stupidity.
Aug 5, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
Mirorin said:

When you look at the many variable that went into Sabo regaining his memories (Ace, his death and his murderer; Sakazuki - read 'Sake Cups' in Kanji: all making the connection possible), it doesn't seem that much of a plot convenience nor stupidity.

But it is convenient, because something could've triggered his memory, something like wanted posters, so there could've been something before that.
Aug 5, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
metsujin said:
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

But it is convenient, because something could've triggered his memory, something like wanted posters, so there could've been something before that.

No that's what I'm saying; it's not convenient because it wasn't just Ace's name or his death that brought about Sabo's memory, it was that in connection to the Sake Cups which triggered his memory so there is very little chance those 3 things came up before in conjunction like it did in Chapter 794.

This makes it more believable that something like that couldn't have been very possible before.
Aug 5, 2015 6:40 AM

Jun 2013
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
metsujin said:

No that's what I'm saying; it's not convenient because it wasn't just Ace's name or his death that brought about Sabo's memory, it was that in connection to the Sake Cups which triggered his memory so there is very little chance those 3 things came up before in conjunction like it did in Chapter 794.

This makes it more believable that something like that couldn't have been very possible before.

Memories are triggered by the smallest things, seeing a poster of Luffy or Ace for example. Meh it fits his situation I suppose, but it's still... I don't know, I'll get used to it eventually.
Aug 5, 2015 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
Kaido :O
I think the plot will finally start to move to the ending, we have a lots of stuff to cover, and with op being around 70% done another stretched out arc like this won't make sense.
Aug 5, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kaido :O
I think the plot will finally start to move to the ending, we have a lots of stuff to cover, and with op being around 70% done another stretched out arc like this won't make sense.

Considering it's One Piece, I doubt it's ending anytime soon(well..depending on your definition of soon). Even considering it's 70% done, that's what, like 10 years anyway, so a 2 year arc wouldn't really hurt too much anyway.

Not to mention that didn't even come from Oda.

From revolutionaries, to emperors, to warlords, to marines, to the lost history and poneglyphs to other random islands(elbaf, wano etc) one piece really does have a lot to cover.

We're in it for the long haul, and Oda doesn't move so fast.
ashfrliebertAug 5, 2015 2:55 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 9, 2015 10:13 AM
Aug 2015
HollowIchigo58 said:
FINALLY we get to see Kaido way more different then what we imagined he looked like, but damn he looks like fucking beast kinda reminds of something from Warcraft.

Kil'Jaeden? or Mannoroth?
Aug 9, 2015 10:24 AM
Jul 2015
ZZZ. You noobs. The Straw Hats and Kaido are "NOT" on the same island...

The island Kaido landed belongs to Kid and his crew.

But the island the Straw Hats landed are actually Kaido's island (his main island/or not remain to be revealed). It is possibly a "floating" island (how Kaido ended up in the Sky land). Since "the way" to get to that island is "not known to others". The Straw Hats obviously used "Koopta Burst" and "flew" and happened to land on the island... (floating island); but Kaido team is "surprised" since people can't get there "normally".

Kaido possibly somehow went from his island to the skyland that the monk was on (also these 2 islands are not the same) In other words the monk is "NOT" on Kaido's island.

The "female girl" is from the Samurai country. The reason Kinemon/Momonusuke/Kanjuro are traveling is to "save"/"rescue" that girl. That girl is possibly Momonusuke's little sister (or older...)... She was taken by the Kaido crew, cause of some power she has.

This is also the reason Kinemon/Momonusuke were surprised to hear about Kaido; when Luffy/Law revealed their plan to defeat Kaid on Sunny after leaving Punk Hazard

Supposedly Kaido's island is located near Zoa. or if it is a floating island (if it travels...), Kinemon and others somehow got the information that Kaido's island was currently close to Zoa.
It could just be a floating island, that doesn't travel also (stays in one place...).

Big shots in New World, seems to have their "islands" (Shanks was drinking there with Mihawk...)(and now we see Kid). Thought of course, the yonkou's would have multiple base, with 1 main one... obviously.
This one is definetly Kaido's island, but maybe not his "main" one...
Commentator1Aug 9, 2015 10:28 AM
Oct 5, 2015 9:56 PM
Oct 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Holy fuck! That's Kaido?! He's freaking immortal! Its like the world won't let him die.

sushantssj said:
I think kaido's appearance was foreshadowed in thriller bark with Ors/Oz, cuz he has the same type of horns as him, maybe that's why moria resurrected him so he can fight kaido with a similar type of monster

Now kinda seems to make more sense why Gecko Moria is focused on having a "Undead and immortal" Army against someone like Kaidou (a being who can't die apparently).
May 16, 2018 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
This is what I call EPIC!
Sep 18, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2015
Are Nami and the others already on Zou??

Kaido is fucking huge!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2019 4:16 AM
Mar 2019
Incredible intro holy fuck
Sep 28, 2022 4:17 AM

Mar 2021
Fujitora is literally talking in quotes everytime lol, every sentence of his is quote worthy

What is going on at Sanji's side...

Woah what a crazy Kaido introduction!! Strongest CREATURE alive!?!??! Now that's a feat.

His hobby is suicide lmfao

Kidd aliance is fucked.

Nov 3, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2021
Holy fucking shiitake. The "strongest" creature? Meaning he's even stronger than the likes of WB and Shanks? And this is the guy who the SH have pissed off?

Yeah, this is probably going to be the guy who will most likely bring out Luffy's Gear 5.

Dec 17, 2022 9:51 PM

Aug 2021
nice to see nami and her group after what feels like ages. kaido's appearance is something i've seen many times before ever starting the series but to actually see him in the context of the series makes him a lot more intimidating
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.