Forums

Light Novel 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2015 4:00 AM

Dec 2011
SuperRed said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Yeah, totally MATURE and not a shitty edgefest for misunderstood teens at all.
This is Grisaia levels of bad, nice. I will enjoy laughing at this, thanks for the heads up!

Except Grisaia is actually good though, at least the VN is.

Nidhoeggr doesn't believe it's possible for something to be good when the adaptation isn't.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 19, 2015 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
I know of adaption differences, many of my favourite series suffer from them as well. But if the adaption is THIS bad, how can the source be any more than average? And from what I read of the sources of Fate Stay Night, Mahouka, etc. it all seems to be just as bad as the anime. Actually, many times I find the anime to be better because it cut a lot of the stupidly bad writing in the source. Turning a horrible Vn into a 4/10 in ufotable's case, for example.

I also laugh at the same people on MAL always proclaiming that "LN adaption X" is ruined as if there is just no way that a LN can be simply bad. But blaming the circumstances sure makes it better.
NidhoeggrJul 19, 2015 4:13 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 19, 2015 4:10 AM

Jun 2014
Looks interesting.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 19, 2015 4:14 AM

Mar 2012
Orix said:

More like saved by silver-haired beauty, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time... you get the point.

More 'self insert high schooler MC reincarnated in another world where he meets ton of girls who totally don't want his dick' LN crap?

That`s the epitome of Edgyness and Bad writing.
Making it mature doesn`t give them normal character development, also those victims were Plot Devices for the sake of making you cry.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 19, 2015 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

I also laugh at the same people on MAL always proclaiming that "LN adaption X" is ruined as if there is just no way that a LN can be simply bad. But blaming the circumstances sure makes it better.

I've never known someone to claim that no light novel can be bad. I've known several people (of which, to be fair, you are not one) to claim that no light novel can be good - usually without having read a single one. Which is at least as stupid a claim.

And when people claim that an anime adaptation ruined the original, they almost always at least have a point, for example when characterisation or important story elements are skipped, or cliche and/or fanservicey scenes are added that weren't in the original story (strangely anime adaptations almost never remove these), or just plain rushing. All three of which are common occurances. Also, bear in mind that just because an anime adaptation made something worse, doesn't mean that it started out perfect. I don't even know why you try to dismiss these arguments, when most of the time they're right (and as such your dismissal just makes you look like you're talking nonsense, which, to be fair, you are).
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 19, 2015 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
This had me at "fairy cat"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2015 4:42 AM

May 2012
The PV looks good
Jul 19, 2015 4:54 AM
Feb 2012
The preview fits the description to a tee. It shows generic art+animation, throws in a few interesting looking characters (the twins, the classy lady) but then proceeds to give said characters a backstory as interesting as a rotten tree.

And yet every time there's a horde of admirers in these threads praising this as the work of God while in fact it's just ANOTHER shitty LN adaption. But yes, please keep calling people like me and all the other smart fellas in here 'LN haters' while averting your eyes to the truth. ;)
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 19, 2015 5:00 AM

Dec 2011
Rachmaninow said:
And yet every time there's a horde of admirers in these threads praising this as the work of God

I see a horde of idiots slamming the series for no apparent reason.

I also see some people describing it as sounding interesting and even a few people calling it "good". Where are these people who are praising the work as the work of God as you so claim? Oh right, in your deluded fantasy.

Is it any wonder you are ridiculed?
kuuderes_shadowJul 19, 2015 5:44 AM
Jul 19, 2015 5:00 AM
Jan 2010
A shitty LN adaptation can't be properly judged as shit if you only base it on an even shittier "synopsis".
Jul 19, 2015 5:12 AM

Jul 2012
The PV looks great. Will watch.
Jul 19, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
The character designs look really bad when I think about it as well.
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2015 5:26 AM

May 2013
I'm not expecting much from this, the manga is nothing special. Perhaps LN readers can say more about how this series develops?
The visual shows a lot of characters and the preview gives a nice animation. Mostly I am going to watch this because of the silver haired girl (forgot her name^^)

2016 is going to be a hell of LN Anime and I hope not all of them are crap.
Jul 19, 2015 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
CodeKeima said:
I'm not expecting much from this, the manga is nothing special. Perhaps LN readers can say more about how this series develops?
The visual shows a lot of characters and the preview gives a nice animation. Mostly I am going to watch this because of the silver haired girl (forgot her name^^)

2016 is going to be a hell of LN Anime and I hope not all of them are crap.

Anyway this is quite a nice news. Are tensei novels started to replace the school battle ones ?
Jul 19, 2015 5:50 AM
Jan 2010
^ Oh god, please no.
Jul 19, 2015 6:00 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
eeeeeeeeeeeeeh
maybe ill try it if i feel like it when its gonna air.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 19, 2015 6:02 AM
Nov 2010
It looks pretty good, so I'll check it out. I've already been thinking of reading it.
Jul 19, 2015 6:05 AM

Jan 2014
>Rewinds time
I'm sold
Jul 19, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
>Gigantic whale demon is eating everything between him and the village

OK, this right here.
Whale. Demon.
This is going to be HILARIOUS.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 19, 2015 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
Well it's MF bunko J. While that's not an absolute truth, usually this means LOTS of ecchi/harem content. So honestly I'm quite suspicious about the worth of this one. Most of the LN published in that edition are of the same very repetitive kind of content ImO.
This one seems to actually have a more interesting plot as usual though, so it's all about how much "MF bunko J-ish" are the novels... Sometimes they have interesting stories but ruins everything by focusing too much on ecchi/harem which is quite a waste imo.
Jul 19, 2015 6:36 AM

Jun 2008
Stark700 said:
Suddenly, high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store.

LOL

I'm not too fond of the art and I've read a description like this for the I-don't-even-know-how-often-anymore-th time, but I might watch it for some of the male characters. (ノ∀ ̄〃)ペチ Should be fine if I don't expect too much of it.
Jul 19, 2015 6:59 AM
Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
News Update
Added preview to the news post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfXjuVA1Jk

belatkuro said:
Hard to tell the studio

Disagree, it's really obviously a 1-cour from A1/Aniplex. Beautiful animation.
vegetablespiritJul 19, 2015 7:02 AM
Jul 19, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2013
Oh look another shiny turd.

Edgy "mature" light novel adaptations are the way of the future.
Jul 19, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
I got a deju vu when reading this thread. How many times have we seen the exact same posts?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 19, 2015 7:25 AM

Feb 2009
vodall said:
Disagree, it's really obviously a 1-cour from A1/Aniplex. Beautiful animation.
It might be A-1 but I don't think it's Aniplex. They always attach themselves early on in the promotion if they're producing it. And if they're producing it, we should already know the animation studio as well. So far we have nothing besides the single trailer without any staff and cast announcement.
Jul 19, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
I did read some manga chapters quite some time ago and found it boring. Shallow characters, shallow conflicts, shallow dialogues, and general blandness that made it an empty read. Sure it's got some nice twists, which unfortunately get sandwiched in between dull story and even duller LN-styled expositions. Even if things get fucked in spectacular fashion over and again, there's just no reason to really care about any of it.
Jul 19, 2015 9:05 AM
Feb 2014
This sounds like it could be decent but the time travel crap doesn't usually turn out good.
The PV is nice.
Jul 19, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not too sure about this yet. I'll probably decide when it starts airing.
Jul 19, 2015 12:28 PM

May 2012
Jodyqt said:
Orix said:

More like saved by silver-haired beauty, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time... you get the point.

Sounds amazingly bad, and so much tragedy in order to overcompensate for lack of depth, appealling to the most maudlin of personalities.... greeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2grimdark4me
Jul 19, 2015 1:57 PM
May 2012
This might be good.
Jul 19, 2015 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
It looks interesting!
Jul 19, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
This has A-1 Bland Pictures written all over it. They're all about the LN adaptations like this nowadays. Based on the premise and the fact that the MC is a completely insufferable asshole (for some reason in big time with light novels) it sounds like something they would adjudge to be a hit and trendy which all the more has me suspecting it. Lastly they haven't overloaded for Fall yet with I think only 2 series announced so there's no way they aren't going to figure they have to load up on at least 1 or 2 more cause reasons.
PeacingOutJul 19, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 19, 2015 4:09 PM
Feb 2014
In the end the studio will determine if I'll watch this or not. Otherwise, pass.
Jul 19, 2015 10:51 PM
Dec 2013
Sounds very interesting. Be it'll be awesome :D
Jul 19, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2014
It looks so... average.
Planning to watch.
Jul 19, 2015 11:38 PM
Feb 2014
rederoin said:
I got a deju vu when reading this thread. How many times have we seen the exact same posts?

If you want more deja vu you should check out AD's thread names every 3 days and notice that some threads and OPs are literal carbon copies of themselves and/or plagiarized from other sites.
Jul 20, 2015 1:30 AM

Jun 2013
Really, I wasn't expecting to get it so soon!

I'm so glad this gruesome and adorable fantasy is getting a chance to shine in the spotlight~
Jul 20, 2015 2:50 AM

May 2015
Cant wait, hope they do stuff it up.
Jul 20, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2010
Oh boy, here we go again in LN adaptation announcement thread. Good to see the usual people reporting in as usual.

Well, this is indeed potentially become cringy grimdarky for the sake of being grimdarky. Possibly will be littered by bad writing as well.

However, time loop is one of my favourite trope and I'd better watch some LN that actually try (some of them don't) even though it may fail miserably. If the writing from first few episodes is good enough, I'm in.
Jul 22, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2013
Inb4 the gore and violence gets severely toned down for this adaptation.

Seriously, people think GATE got a watered down adaptation...this is going to end up being vanilla probably.

HeroKenzan said:
LastChapter said:
It's good and hopefully the anime will keep Subaru's monologues as a good portion of the novel does have him strategize in saving X, getting out of loops, etc. It gets pretty gruesome later on too when

thanks for the reply,I'll give it a try then. :)

Haven't read it personally, but have heard shit tons of good things. Which is why this adaptation has me worried.

Just to give you a hint of what it has to offer

I'd be at a loss for words if they decided to fucking go balls deep and adapt this the way it should be adapted.
Jul 22, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2013
Gotta love the pseudo-elitists on here who always believe that violence and dark themes are "edgy teen" shit.

Because mature plots cant just be mature plots in the eyes of wannabe elitists. Everything is just too try hard to be edgy for them.
Jul 22, 2015 1:24 AM

Aug 2014
Looks nice. Back peddling the conversation a bit- I love LN adaptations and most of my fav shows are based on them.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 26, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
This sounds totally off but for some reason the synopsis reminded me of Shakugan no Shana...

... I'll go away now.
Jul 27, 2015 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
I like the visuals though, what studio is making this?

Looks like Doga Kobo and A-1 had a baby. More the prior than the latter, though I see some Working!! in some of the character designs.
Aug 1, 2015 8:39 PM

Mar 2015
I'm really excited for this manga becoming an anime; since I have only read the manga. It has a rather interesting setting and I have already took a major liking to the adorable little Emilia.
Aug 3, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
This is gonna be crazy~ <3

Completely ecstatic for this!
Aug 3, 2015 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
What serious!? Re:zero anime!? Yayyy~

The music in the PV is really nice too!
Aug 3, 2015 10:05 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
lol they're not even trying anymore with this LN adaptations. But, hey, at least it has time travel. Could be decent.
Sep 3, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2015
Whoa, just found out this is getting an adaption. I hope they don’t screw this up, the characters are quite likeable, especially the mc. His power has made things interesting so far, but I wonder if it won’t turn a bit stale later on (solving every incident by dying 100 times).

Somehow I keep thinking that I’d like to see the first arc as a movie adaption, would fit perfectly too. But that’d be asking for too much I guess.
Sep 3, 2015 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
Suddenly, high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store.

oh japan, so original.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
1 minute ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
6 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
10 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.