Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Aug 22, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
Subpyro said:
julyan said:
Wrong. Xinil didn't. Xinil doesn't own MAL anymore since he sold it to Crave in 2008.

So, ultimately, he is to blame. Whether it is his actions directly or not, it is his legacy, and that's toward where criticism is usually aimed.

If we're going to talk about legacy, then perhaps I should start blaming my ancestors from way way back for how shitty my country has now become. I certainly can't blame the current generation for not doing better.
Or for a simpler example, maybe blame all the wrong things I've done in my life to my parents and insist I am merely a product of their poor upbringing. (aka parental fallacy)

Unless it is a direct cause of Xinil's actions, then I won't blame him for whatever Crave, DeNa or some other partner company does to MAL. Similarly, I won't praise the Wright Brothers for whatever innovation brought to modern aviation. They laid the foundation and that's it.

@everyone: If you still want to continue to blame Xinil because you think he is the root cause of this, go ahead, I can't change someone's opinion that easily. However, please try not to make it seem that all of these current developments/changes in MAL are his own decisions.

With that said, I rest my case.
julyanAug 22, 2015 9:31 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
julyan said:

Even though a crucial part of my post was removed by _Ghost_ with the reason being baiting, allow me to write it again as I fully disagree with that judgment:

"I thought you were smarter than trying to fight that"

I am not an irrational person that would blame people for actions they are not responsible for as it stands. However, you are being irrational for trying to fight reason into others' heads. It's futile effort. The part you've quoted was merely an intro into my message's meaning.

Let me remind you, though, that Xinil is still marked as "Everything" in the staff showcase:
http://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team

If you want to bring a change of vision, start with the static introduction and image.
Aug 26, 2015 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
Thank you for adding even more region-locked shows.
Aug 27, 2015 5:22 AM

Aug 2011
Works great! Thank you so much for implementing this feature, it's increadibly convienent to have your anime lists and watch them on the go.
Aug 27, 2015 8:29 PM

Nov 2014
Just download BetterMyanimelist extension for chrome to stream.

Sep 2, 2015 3:22 AM

Sep 2008
I hope I'm wrong but I think this is where the MAL we know will start going down. The same thing happened with Gamespot, which was once an excellent community/user friendly site, but once the site got big enough and came under the ownership of big fishes, it became commercialized. The forums went dead, the Gamespot Union system collapsed, user reviews system went down the gutter (just like it is beginning to on MAL), editorial freedom and creativity eroded, and the whole site changed beyond recognition.

I hope I'm wrong and the same thing won't happen to MAL.
eyerokSep 2, 2015 3:27 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 6, 2015 1:38 AM
Apr 2015
ACJ plans to increase the number of titles accessible through MyAnimeList as embedded video or hyperlinks; however, the videos will not be accessible from Japan.

So this is why I can't access Daisuki.net.

what a bummer
Sep 6, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2013
Risara said:
ACJ plans to increase the number of titles accessible through MyAnimeList as embedded video or hyperlinks; however, the videos will not be accessible from Japan.

So this is why I can't access Daisuki.net.

what a bummer

As i said before if it can't cater to ALL then it shouldn't be here. And japan wonders why piracy is still a thing :|. No offense intended.

Subpyro said:
julyan said:

Even though a crucial part of my post was removed by _Ghost_ with the reason being baiting, allow me to write it again as I fully disagree with that judgment:

"I thought you were smarter than trying to fight that"

I am not an irrational person that would blame people for actions they are not responsible for as it stands. However, you are being irrational for trying to fight reason into others' heads. It's futile effort. The part you've quoted was merely an intro into my message's meaning.

Let me remind you, though, that Xinil is still marked as "Everything" in the staff showcase:
http://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team

If you want to bring a change of vision, start with the static introduction and image.

I completely agree with that point. If you guys don't want us to keep getting angry at xinil for stuff you "claim" isn't his fault then don't have him listed as the "Administrator". An administrators job is to run the site and if he is letting someone else do it he shouldn't even be listed as the admin let alone everything.
BelldanduSep 6, 2015 12:02 PM
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Sep 8, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
Probably the only good decision I mail has made lately
End Zionazism
Sep 20, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
cool

penis lol
Sep 28, 2015 2:33 PM
Dec 2014
A few shows are now watchable (Netherlands)

Most still aren't.

It is okay though any anime fan here will just torrent a nice BD rip. Everyone here has uncapped broadband (I have 100Mbps myself, the STANDARD package).
I hate streaming anyway.
Sep 28, 2015 6:23 PM

Oct 2014
vivan said:
Oct 5, 2015 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
All of the shows were available for me all the time tho (Finland).
Oct 13, 2015 8:26 AM
Sep 2015
we cant use daisuki net because of licensing issues here in India what a let down
Oct 13, 2015 8:29 AM
Mar 2015
Cnon said:
vivan said:
Oct 14, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2011
So i just tested the new Gundam Show over at Daisuki, and it actually works. Seeing how i live in Germany, this is a big surprise, even some German/EU productions (can't even use BBC to watch the Eurovision song contest, which is (partially) financed by tax. Tried it one when i was curious) are locked *in* Germany.

Given that, i totally understand people being far from happy of adiding such a ..feature..to the site.
Aug 4, 2016 5:42 AM
Aug 2016
This is fantastic news! Finally, we'll have a video. I'm looking forward to this new feature. I'm so impatient! Cheers!
Do you need microsoft erp? Contact us!
Aug 5, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
this is really a thing o.o
"In the world of man survival requires stragedy, cunning, and tactics." - Unknown
Aug 19, 2016 6:14 PM

Aug 2016
Sounds amazing! Is it gonna be legally streamed like Crunchyroll or is it just link based stuff?
Who is this "Samurai who smells of Sunflowers"?
-Jin, Samurai Champloo
Jan 7, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 2017
I need help how to i play the episodes im new here please help me i really want to watch death note
Feb 28, 2017 11:13 PM
Feb 2015
That should be nice. LUL

Mar 8, 2017 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Mar 30, 2017 12:42 PM
Dec 2014
vivan said:

"This show currently not licensed in your galaxy"

That's cool I'll be in Andromeda by next week. Kinda sad, this a rich country with a strong currency. Excluding potential customers is kinda dumb.
Jun 2, 2023 11:39 PM

Jun 2021
And DAISUKI is no more... Well, MAL has a partnership with Crunchyroll but the contents are mostly premium and region-locked for most users! How about adding the ability to stream official YouTube videos on MAL just like Anime-Planet (https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/watch-online/)? I know we can just check out the 'Available At' or 'Streaming Platforms' on an anime page's sidebar for links but it'd be nicer if videos from official YouTube channels such Ani-One Asia, Muse Asia, and so on could be watched directly on MAL. You'd probably need to partner with those channels or YT but Anime-Planet was able to do it so I think MAL can too; they even have partnerships with publishers to view manga (mostly manhwa/webtoon) on their site (https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/read-online/).

Here's how AP integrated streaming (just for idea):
Anime:
Anime-Planet: now with hundreds of streaming music videos and shorts! Plus Vocaloid! - Awesome!
Anime-Planet.com partners with Crunchyroll to provide in-depth video integration
Anime-Planet launches over 15,000 new streaming videos with in-depth Hulu integration
Tons of new streaming videos are now on Anime-Planet from Hulu!
Anime-Planet.com partners with Viki to provide global anime video integration
New batch of videos on Anime-Planet!
Announcing a new news partnership with Crunchyroll
Viewster and Anime-Planet announce video streaming partnership
Anime-Planet x HIDIVE partnership: stream even more anime on A-P!

New feature: dubbed "watch online" filter
New feature: filter anime by english dubs

Manga:
Announcing a new way to read manga online! Read free, legal manga worldwide on Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet x Lezhin partnership: read webtoons legally on A-P!
Anime-Planet x Bilibili Comics partnership: read more manga and webtoons legally on A-P!

I really wanna see such features in MAL as well!
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

201 by EverySportsAnime »»
2 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Destinesia »»
4 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.