Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 13, 2015 2:21 PM
Jul 2015
Damn it. Now they've made the manga awesomer. Seriously. Chapter 444: Zeref the Emperor and Makarov's reaction: ZEREF?!
Whaaaaaaa? Still they always leave a cliff hanger. Ugh. Example: Natsu's End. 1 chapter to surprise us with that and Natsu doesn't know anything about it and the next chapter, they just casually return to the story of the present.
Still, This chapter was a surprise.

REALLY DID NOT SEE THAT COMING FROM TWO MILLION MILES AWAY.
Jul 13, 2015 2:31 PM
Mar 2015
Isterio said:
In actuallity Angel was a nice person and tried to safe Karen´s life who did some reckles bullshit that killed her in the first place and the whole Nirvana incident was meant for different purposes than we were initially told.

Furthermore THEY KILL ADULTS AND MAKE CHILDREN INTO WORK SLAVES? Newsflash Hiro, adults are better suited for work labour then old people and children.

Old people and children are easier to control and feed than adults.

Even when Angel ran her mouth, no one was confused about her morals or wanted to high five her, like Naruto did Obito. She is still an untrustworthy brat. But right now, the team has to rely on her.

Mashima makes these situations on purpose. This story has derailed into the gutter plenty of times, but does Mashima still make an effort to tell a quality story and entertain us? Yes. So let's see what happens.
Jul 13, 2015 3:36 PM
Oct 2013
GunsMcRoy said:
Isterio said:
In actuallity Angel was a nice person and tried to safe Karen´s life who did some reckles bullshit that killed her in the first place and the whole Nirvana incident was meant for different purposes than we were initially told.

Furthermore THEY KILL ADULTS AND MAKE CHILDREN INTO WORK SLAVES? Newsflash Hiro, adults are better suited for work labour then old people and children.

Old people and children are easier to control and feed than adults.

Even when Angel ran her mouth, no one was confused about her morals or wanted to high five her, like Naruto did Obito. She is still an untrustworthy brat. But right now, the team has to rely on her.

Mashima makes these situations on purpose. This story has derailed into the gutter plenty of times, but does Mashima still make an effort to tell a quality story and entertain us? Yes. So let's see what happens.

Did you sleep during biology class or are you just oblivious towards your environment?
Children are severly energy inefficient and require huge amounts of food because of the process of growing.

As for old people old people certainly don´t need much food since they do not tend to move much. However the work they are supposted to do would simply kill them within days given the implied amount of food they were getting.

As for the Obito argument, Obito was a tragic character, similar to Darth Vader or Arthas.
It´s not a new concept.

Jellal and Ultear fall into this category as well Ultear atoned, and yet Gray was sad for her "knowing what she did".Meredy fucking embraced the woman who killed her parents friends and whole city as her new stepmom.

So don´t come with the cheap excuse of Naruto did it first therefore he sucks more.

The problem I´ve mentioned is the fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE VILLAINS HAS been victimized. And no trash tier villains like Erigor don´t count.

Jellal supposedly dead was a victim, good plottwist. Ultear good plottwist.
But in the Anime we got some exposure of the oracion seis (some filler where they break out) and juding from that filler.
That´s canon now. The filler spoilered their designs, Angels new magic, Racer´s new design and him being alive.The relationship between Kinana and Cobra.
And it also showed their backstory.

Where they were all shown within the tower of heaven as workslaves implying that those
4 are victims too.

It´s ok to victimize 1-2 maybe 3 villains but Fairy Tail rides that Obito train to the end, every villain turns good as long as he´s human.
Sting and Rogue, Minerva all good people and now the Oracion seis.
Jul 13, 2015 4:59 PM
Jun 2015
My thought is that Natsu is going to get separated from his allies and fight one of the shields near the end of the arc, whether that's God Serena or not is fine but what is most likely going to happen is that he is going to enter and the person will have Makarov captive, soon after before Natsu is able to stop the opponent Makarov is killed in front of Natsu. This will trigger Natsu's sense of mind to become clouded. Afterwards the person will coax Natsu into opening the book of E.N.D which will unleash Natsu's demon powers blurring his mind even further to the point where Zeref is the only one who could reason with him. This should proceed into the final arc with Natsu absent from the guild and the rest of it grieving over Makarovs death and Natsu's disappearance. They will all rally together for the final fight with Zeref and will come to find Natsu there with him (Obviously with whatever changes his demon form brought upon himself). This is all I can say for now as this is my theory and I'm trying to keep it brief. Do I think this will all happen? Hell no I don't. Do I think that Natsu opening the book out of desperation is a good idea? I sure do.
Jul 13, 2015 6:37 PM
Jul 2015
Zerienga said:
rapidcif said:

OK, if it suits your fancy you can jot my name down, and message me when the arc is finished. We'll then determine if I was "spreading false rumors" or not. Honestly there is no need to get mad. I made it very clear in my heading that it was a spoiler - i am not one of those who spoil for the sake of being a dic.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spoiler%20alert

That definition means that you actually have to know for a fact about the plot of the story or movie before saying it's a spoiler alert. A spoiler needs to be accurate information, not a theory or guess. So, unless you can read chapters ahead of everyone else that's caught up with the manga, it's not a spoiler.

Read definition 3 of a spoiler: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spoiler

I KNOW what a spoiler is dude....the definition you gave me was exactly the same definition i had in mind when i wrote my post.... Look if you dont want to gets spoiled don't read it - that's why i put the warning. There's no need to insult someone in cryptic ways. Like c'mon, i know perfectly well what a spoiler is.
Jul 13, 2015 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
Isterio said:
Did you sleep during biology class or are you just oblivious towards your environment? Children are severly energy inefficient and require huge amounts of food because of the process of growing.
As for the Obito argument, Obito was a tragic character, similar to Darth Vader or Arthas. It´s not a new concept.
So don´t come with the cheap excuse of Naruto did it first therefore he sucks more.

No one cares if you can build a better sweatshop. You're just mad at your own lack of understanding of the themes of the story. Mashima *deliberately* places characters in the story with bad attitudes who do bad things, and then Fairy Tail defeats them and turns them into fan service. The comedy is lost on you, because (again) you are angry.

Virgo - defeated by Natsu and transformed into loyal fan service
Juvia - defeated by Gray and turned into fan service
Erza Nightwalker - defeated by Erza stealing her uniform, defeated again and turned into fan service
Evergreen - defeated by Erza and turned into Elfman sideshow
Ultear - defeated by Gray and turned into fan service
Minerva - defeated by Erza and turned into fan service
Chelia - defeated by Wendy (and even Natsu) and turned into fan service

Angel doesn't seem to be retconned here. She's fan service, but she's not defeated. You see? This smells like a trap. She just "barely escaped" from there, and now she's taking them back? Always be wary of fan service which is not defeated.

Look at how cool Makarov played cards with a person trying to siphon him for information. Now go back a page and read Angel probing the team's disposition towards her. This is how I read the chapter. It was hair-raising and suspenseful. Still think Angel is going to get a dramatic backstory? Or do you think she's going to sell FT up the river?
Jul 13, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2012
Where's Acknologia? the true king of Ishgar :D.. CrimeS will be allied with FT(a and b) this arc..

Jul 13, 2015 8:16 PM

Apr 2012
The thickening thickens.... (?)
Jul 13, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
So if Zeref & Natsu were on better terms, Natsu would be rich.
Jul 13, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my fucking god, Sorano <3
So Brandish's magic is kinda lame imo.....I mean, she makes it look cool so I guess it evens out.
That does make me wonder if the Space Creep actually died or he shrank.
Also, yeah, Zeref's the emperor....Hoooooooooly shit does this feel like a near finale arc. Wonder what happened to Acnologia though.
Jul 14, 2015 2:50 AM
Feb 2013
Ragoonius
Jul 13, 2015, 11:17 PM
So Brandish's magic is kinda lame imo.....I mean, she makes it look cool so I guess it evens out.
Also, yeah, Zeref's the emperor....Hoooooooooly shit does this feel like a near finale arc. Wonder what happened to Acnologia though.

^brandish magic is mass/matter manipulation ....... she can shrunk, large and disintegrate enemy( just what happen to marin, probably he's dead).... so my bae's magic is awesome....so shut up.
Jul 14, 2015 4:04 AM
Jul 2015
what happened to the battle between zeref and acnologia.is that zerefs return fighting acnologia
Jul 14, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2008
seagrain said:
what happened to the battle between zeref and acnologia.is that zerefs return fighting acnologia
That battle wasn't supposed to hapen after that chapter. Did you not read what Zeref said? He told Acnologia to WAIT for that strong opponent to appear for Acnologia and him AKA Natsu reaching the point to destroy them both.
Jul 14, 2015 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
Zeref as emperor? Zero sense.

Everyone were looking him before TS but right now is emperor?

1/5

More boobs Hiro, more boobs.
Jul 14, 2015 6:02 AM
Jul 2015
Taito10 said:
Zeref as emperor? Zero sense.

Everyone were looking him before TS but right now is emperor?

1/5

More boobs Hiro, more boobs.

just wait and see, the explanations will come. I can also tell u zeref was in his palace chapter 416
Jul 14, 2015 6:02 AM

Jul 2013
Well that sure was surprising. Didn't see that one coming xD

I guess that this at least explains why he was so rarely seen in the story.
Though considering that the old guy told Makarov that the emperor is well aware of the need to stay at peace with Ishgar, I guess that he isn't aware of Zeref's "awakening" ^^;
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 14, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2015
rapidcif said:
Zerienga said:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spoiler%20alert

That definition means that you actually have to know for a fact about the plot of the story or movie before saying it's a spoiler alert. A spoiler needs to be accurate information, not a theory or guess. So, unless you can read chapters ahead of everyone else that's caught up with the manga, it's not a spoiler.

Read definition 3 of a spoiler: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spoiler

I KNOW what a spoiler is dude....the definition you gave me was exactly the same definition i had in mind when i wrote my post.... Look if you dont want to gets spoiled don't read it - that's why i put the warning. There's no need to insult someone in cryptic ways. Like c'mon, i know perfectly well what a spoiler is.

He wasn't insulting u. He was just saying that what u said is not a spoiler. Just an educated guess u made from clues though can still not happen. So it's not a spoiler since u don't know for a FACT. Like he wasn't insulting u just pointing something out
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jul 14, 2015 11:28 AM
May 2015
KingAce261 said:
rapidcif said:

He wasn't insulting u. He was just saying that what u said is not a spoiler. Just an educated guess u made from clues though can still not happen. So it's not a spoiler since u don't know for a FACT. Like he wasn't insulting u just pointing something out
I was providing the definitions with my post so that it can't be claimed that I was just making things up.
Jul 14, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2014
Oh chapter 444, nice amount.
Oh the return of Angel, she's such a hottie ^$^
Wow Makarov looks sick with that beard.
.... Zeref's emperor Spriggan, seriously...
Jul 14, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
myanime2 said:
Ragoonius
Jul 13, 2015, 11:17 PM

^brandish magic is mass/matter manipulation ....... she can shrunk, large and disintegrate enemy( just what happen to marin, probably he's dead).... so my bae's magic is awesome....so shut up.

....At what point was it stated that she has Matter manipulation?
I just looked it up and it's only stated that she has manipulation of mass and structure, so wherever you got Matter manipulation is beyond me.
So yeah, you can like her magic if you want, but to me, your bae's magic is still kinda lame especially compared to some of the previous and current villains....so shut up.
RagootsJul 14, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 14, 2015 2:58 PM
Jul 2015
KingAce261 said:
rapidcif said:

i know what a spoiler is....... Nothing u just said contradicted my use of the word spoiler. For whatever reason, you are trying to insult my intelligence by talking to me like i am a child. I KNOW what a spoiler is. If it was an educated guess, i would have said it was an educated guess. There was no mix up. I gave the warning so that people wouldn't potentially get mad, but it seems people are getting mad all the same -.-
Jul 14, 2015 4:35 PM
May 2015
rapidcif said:
KingAce261 said:

i know what a spoiler is....... Nothing u just said contradicted my use of the word spoiler. For whatever reason, you are trying to insult my intelligence by talking to me like i am a child. I KNOW what a spoiler is. If it was an educated guess, i would have said it was an educated guess. There was no mix up. I gave the warning so that people wouldn't potentially get mad, but it seems people are getting mad all the same -.-

Do you know for a fact that this is the last arc? If so, state your source, then. If you can't or don't know for a fact that it is the last arc, then it is not a spoiler. My only issue is the credibility of what you said. If you cannot back up your claims, then you are not a credible source for anyone to believe.
ZeriengaJul 14, 2015 5:18 PM
Jul 14, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2014
Well I didn't expect Zeref..
Hi there
Jul 15, 2015 1:56 AM
Jan 2015
lienleaf said:
Awesome chapter,
but still i wonder:
Makarov said the Alvarez Emperor wanted to invade Ishgar for quite some time now, and didnt just because Ishgar got Etherion and Face. Assuming Zeref has been the Emperor for quite some time now:
As for Etherion: i dont think that Laser can hurt Zeref in any way.
As for Face: Zeref even supported the idea of activating Face in Tartaros, meaning he himself wouldnt be affected by it.
So why didn he invade Ishgar so get Lumen Histoire sooner?
His shields being bloodthirsty is no excuse for me, as he can flip them all into the grave in the blink of an eye, because he's Zeref.
So... Why? Any thoughts on that one?
Only reason i can come up with is that he cares about his people.

gotta wait for explanation for this .. I also wonder..he can't control his "death" power 8 years ago..that means he can control it now ? with all person around him doesn't affected ..
Jul 15, 2015 10:11 AM
Jul 2015
Zerienga said:
rapidcif said:

Do you know for a fact that this is the last arc? If so, state your source, then. If you can't or don't know for a fact that it is the last arc, then it is not a spoiler. My only issue is the credibility of what you said. If you cannot back up your claims, then you are not a credible source for anyone to believe.

Yes i know for a fact this is the last arc, that's what I've been trying to say(unless the author has a radical change of mind, which is a possibility). And by arc, keep in mind that my concept is that tenrou and acnologia were the SAME arc despite there being two major villains. I also consider the wrapping up of the storyline that will occur after this arc ends as part of this arc, so don't use these things to refute my claim when they happen. There's not yet any sources simply because no one has released anything. This is typically not something that is announced - you normally keep spoilers mum. Its not like before the tartaros arc ends you're going to get an announcement that Fairy Tail will dissolve by the end of the arc. ..
Jul 15, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
rapidcif said:
Zerienga said:

Yes i know for a fact this is the last arc, that's what I've been trying to say(unless the author has a radical change of mind, which is a possibility). And by arc, keep in mind that my concept is that tenrou and acnologia were the SAME arc despite there being two major villains. I also consider the wrapping up of the storyline that will occur after this arc ends as part of this arc, so don't use these things to refute my claim when they happen. There's not yet any sources simply because no one has released anything. This is typically not something that is announced - you normally keep spoilers mum. Its not like before the tartaros arc ends you're going to get an announcement that Fairy Tail will dissolve by the end of the arc. ..

No you don't know for a fact whatsoever unless you know Mashima personally. Stop spreading your filth like its Gospel.
Jul 15, 2015 10:30 AM
Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
rapidcif said:

No you don't know for a fact whatsoever unless you know Mashima personally. Stop spreading your filth like its Gospel.

That was just an empty insult with no substance whatsoever. It also showed your ignorance. Look its not like i'm making a claim that can't be proven - if you care for it, come back to me after the arc ends. But knowing you, you'll make up some BS excuse about how it was 2 arcs instead of 1 arc due to "some shift in the climate of the arc" or something stupid like that lol
Jul 15, 2015 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Lol @ that 10 post doomsayer.

Acnologia, END, Zeref, One Magic, Layla's death in 777 and whatever else i didn't mention is all going to be wrapped up in this arc?

Hilarious.
Jul 15, 2015 11:00 AM
May 2015
rapidcif said:
Darklight0303 said:

That was just an empty insult with no substance whatsoever. It also showed your ignorance. Look its not like i'm making a claim that can't be proven - if you care for it, come back to me after the arc ends. But knowing you, you'll make up some BS excuse about how it was 2 arcs instead of 1 arc due to &quot;some shift in the climate of the arc&quot; or something stupid like that lol

If it's so easy to prove, then why can't you proof here and now? Saying to come back at the end of the arc does not prove anything at all. It's just an excuse because you cannot prove your "spoiler".
Jul 15, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
rapidcif said:
Darklight0303 said:

That was just an empty insult with no substance whatsoever. It also showed your ignorance. Look its not like i'm making a claim that can't be proven - if you care for it, come back to me after the arc ends. But knowing you, you'll make up some BS excuse about how it was 2 arcs instead of 1 arc due to "some shift in the climate of the arc" or something stupid like that lol

In fact that's exactly what you are doing. Making a claim that can't be proven or else you would be posting actual PROOF instead of your delusions. Welcome to the ignore list you pathetic low class troll
Jul 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:
rapidcif said:

In fact that's exactly what you are doing. Making a claim that can't be proven or else you would be posting actual PROOF instead of your delusions. Welcome to the ignore list you pathetic low class troll
Will you two get a room and stop spamming here?
Jul 15, 2015 4:06 PM
Sep 2010
Zeref's life is way to lively for someone who wants to die.
Jul 15, 2015 4:29 PM
Jun 2015
No wonder the emperor wanted Lumen Histoire, Zeref wants Mavis :)
Jul 15, 2015 4:42 PM
Jun 2015
Darklight0303 said:
rapidcif said:

That was just an empty insult with no substance whatsoever. It also showed your ignorance. Look its not like i'm making a claim that can't be proven - if you care for it, come back to me after the arc ends. But knowing you, you'll make up some BS excuse about how it was 2 arcs instead of 1 arc due to &quot;some shift in the climate of the arc&quot; or something stupid like that lol

Where did you get the information or idea that this is the last arc.
Cause this says otherwise ↓
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:ChaosKnight/Fairy_Tail_To_End_After_The_Next_Arc...
maevelilianJul 15, 2015 4:55 PM
Jul 15, 2015 6:57 PM

Dec 2009
When I saw that silhouette...I thought I was overthinking things....But Zeref being the emperor...I totally dind't see that coming.

Big Vers.
Jul 15, 2015 6:58 PM

Dec 2009
When I saw that silhouette...I thought I was overthinking things....But Zeref being the emperor...I totally dind't see that coming.

Big Vers.
Jul 15, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2008
maevelilian said:
Darklight0303 said:

Where did you get the information or idea that this is the last arc.
Cause this says otherwise ↓
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:ChaosKnight/Fairy_Tail_To_End_After_The_Next_Arc...

That post is no more reliable to be honest.
Jul 15, 2015 8:06 PM
Sep 2013
Well I... actually see that coming. Not long before though.
When Makarov and that old man were speaking about the emperor personnality and habits, in a flash, I though that it suited Zeref really well. I am honnestly surprised that no other one had nourish this idea as well.

P.-S.; sorry for my not so good english! ^^'
Jul 16, 2015 4:45 AM
Jul 2015
so if zeref is the emperor and the Spriggan Twelve are weaker(at least i think there are weaker) and e.n.d is the stongest ďemon who zeref ever created does this means that e.n.d stronger than whole spriggan twelve or is he equal to them
(because we dont know who stronger than the other : zeref or e.n.d)
Userftr50Jul 16, 2015 9:17 AM
Jul 16, 2015 9:52 AM

Jun 2012
I think it's safe to say that Natsu & co are more than a match for them once they understand each one's gimmick.

That whatshisface-guy that kidnapped Erza and Lucy earlier would've stood no chance if they knew his trick and were given 30 minutes fighting with him.

Hell, Erza could've smashed his face in while naked.
Jul 16, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2008
prism2525 said:
I think it's safe to say that Natsu & co are more than a match for them once they understand each one's gimmick.

That whatshisface-guy that kidnapped Erza and Lucy earlier would've stood no chance if they knew his trick and were given 30 minutes fighting with him.

Actually they just needed to land a solid hit before he teleported outta the way. That was all
Jul 16, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
prism2525 said:

Understanding is one thing, they would also have to find a way to deal with it and it's quite hard to deal with someone who can teleport all over the place especially if he has hostages that he can dispose of if he so pleases.
....But hey, that's probably just the "Please don't make me think Alvarez is a bunch of pussies" part of me talking so maybe you're right.
Jul 17, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
I suspected that Zeref might be in another continent, but I never suspected that he was the emperor.
Apr 12, 2016 7:13 AM

Feb 2016
Dat lucy bra pull though damnnn
Sep 24, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
what the hell just happened!! Zeref the Emperor?? now that a mindfuck!
Sorano was the spy, Can wait for the reunion with yukino :3

but damn i think imma take a brake... nah
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 3, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
Holy shit, Zeref is the emperor???
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 18, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
what Zeref is the king..... like the manga never fails to amaze me...
Aug 13, 2018 5:16 AM

Feb 2013
Solano was the spy, cool.
Lol, Zeref is the king!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.