Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
Mich666 said:
So, is this romance? :D

I wasn't expecting much but it kinda got me interested, main hero, chiyo-chan and hana(kana) saves the day.

So far I have two main problems with this series:
a) girls' voices doesn't fit for their adult character designs
b) there is really weird animation everywhere

and ofc, c) for censhorship that is pretty bad. Sunbeam bad.

No romance so far in the manga but there are Hints that one of the girls is falling in love with Kiyoshi
Jul 10, 2015 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
So, is this romance? :D

I wasn't expecting much but it kinda got me interested, main hero, chiyo-chan and hana(kana) saves the day.

So far I have two main problems with this series:
a) girls' voices doesn't fit for their adult character designs
b) there is really weird animation everywhere

and ofc, c) for censhorship that is pretty bad. Sunbeam bad.

There is romance but it's the sort that's too busy tying to claw it's way out of a pile of depraved humor to actually advance at a normal pace.
Jul 10, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2012
well that was.... interesting...
Jul 10, 2015 4:47 PM
Jul 2011
All this crying over a little censorship is pretty hilarious, but the show itself, unfortunately, turned out as expected. At first it almost seemed interesting but right when it completely shifted to S'n'M fluff and violence between the sexes I knew it couldn't be good. With the art it almost seemed like it could have been Cromartie-tier humour, but alas there wasn't much comedy there. Ultra-violence isn't funny.

I'll probably drop this junk soon, even though it has a good cast and music. Even Buddha himself can't save it.
Jul 10, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
Enmity_ said:
Stark700 said:
]

And those torture/sadist scenes :o

Those censors are torture indeed ;_;

+1

Jul 10, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2008
Everyone is talking about censor and stuff.
Am i the only one who doesn't care about panties and boobs, but rather story and fun?
This seems like a good anime, im glad i started it.

This season is helluwa strong!
Jul 10, 2015 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Some things are just meant to be manga, nothing more.

+1

The normal stuff with the boys is, and will continue to be hella funny, but the ecchi funny scenes will just not work with all the censors.

@All the ppl saying how we manga readers complain too much, you guys just don't know what we know, the manga goes hella hard in the paint on extreme ecchi, they should have either kept in an OVA or something where they can go all out, or not make it at all.

On top of it all they even announced that they would bring the new level of ecchi to TV, and then they added censors. -.-

Pretty disappointed for the false hype they gave us. Still kinda glad to see my boys animated.
Jul 10, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2012
As a manga reader, I really couldn't care less about the censors, since this isn't a story you watch for the fanservice itself, but because of the hilarity and over the top feeling it presents. The episode was rushed as hell though. They did what, 5-6 chapters in a single episode or something? That's awfuly adapted, no matter how hard you look at it, since it leaves close to no time to shallow the joke itself before they go over to the next one.

The VA is fine I guess. The only one I don't like so far is who voices Hana, it doesn't sound like what I had in mind for her.

Looking forward to assman next episode.
Jul 10, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
Worst anime of the season..šŸ˜ž had such high hopes toošŸ˜”another poor episode and no other choice to drop it..
Mim
Jul 10, 2015 5:19 PM
Oct 2013
Expected the censorship beforehand (for a bordeline-H anime) so whining about it now is nonsense.Nevertheless, it's funny as hell. I'm laughing at their reaction. Great animation too. It has depth. It's like watcing a 2.5-dimensional anime. Censorship aside it's probably the best comedy show you can watch this season.
Jul 10, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 2012
royaldocks said:
Their UBW reviews made me lost all hope for them . letting a raging feminist review UBW and hating the episodes because of sexual assault . And this is coming from me who rated the show 6/10 or 7/10 as an adaptation

That's pretty much ANN in a nutshell. You know what their reviews will be even before they watch the show. Aku no Hana was the AOTS for them because it was "edgy" (being edgy doesn't make something good). Shows with anything that offends their trigger minded sensitivity are automatically "bad". This review was probably written when they saw the first picture of the vice president.

Now personally I think this show is a one trick pony and really cannot see how it will maintain interest past 3 episodes, but for the 1 trick this episode wasn't that bad. There was enough humor to make it watchable, so maybe they will be able to exceed expectations and do something with it.
Jul 10, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty great episode for me... :)
Andre licking the saliva was just.... Hehehehe

VP and Hana are also awesome. Hmmmm Mari, i will wait for her shining moment. And maybe Chiyo.
I hope this is a 24 episode series. XD
Jul 10, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
Holly cow tits. But serious, kamihanazawa strikes again and yet another dumb role. Reminds me of that girl she played in watamote. And thefat guy has to have Buddhist earlobes and OneyNG's trademark face. This is definitely an anime for those who have female domination fetish.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
oh god hana's voice

it's like a dream coming true
Jul 10, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2014
enjoyable episode. The art isn't as good as the manga but that's expected. I also think the pacing of this episode was good. any slower would of been a drag espcially for this type of adaptation.
Jul 10, 2015 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
It was AWESOME! IT WAS ADAPTED PERFECTLY! Art is beautiful,Animation is smooth and The voice acting is perfect! I just knew Kiyoshi was gonna get that voice!! And now he reminds me of yato.....cuz same voice and same hair... -_- but anyways!! Love this!! Get ready for some mind-torturing comedy!!
Jul 10, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2013
Good start overall was expecting much worse from it but im glad to say it was very good.Only part was the one where none of the girls realized the mc was in the fucking bath with them like WTF? And the censorship in also unfortunate.

7.5/10
Jul 10, 2015 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Cleaned
This is probably not the best place to talk about whether mal scores are accurate since this is a discussion about the anime. If you would like to talk about which anime website is better for reviews please feel free to make a separate topic for it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 10, 2015 6:25 PM
Mar 2014
super rushed
it wasn't that bad though, and i have no complaints about the ost while the animation is awesome, so my only real complain is the censorship.

then again, i probably don't mind it that much either.

also gakuto's VA
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 10, 2015 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting art style and hilarious comedy. The violence was a bit over the top even if it was for comedic purposes...
Jul 10, 2015 6:39 PM
Oct 2012
I really like the first episode. I had been reading the manga a while ago and i think it stays true to it very well. I didn't appreciate the censoring though, I don't get why they are censoring panty shots either. The VA's are fantastic though, good choices for the characters, especially Kiyoshi.
Jul 10, 2015 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
This start is about as amazing as what I remember from the manga, and it's great to see the character interactions not cut out and the voice acting is good. Not much to say here, but it seems nice so far.
Jul 10, 2015 6:49 PM
Nov 2013
Don't know about you guys but this looked amazing on my flat screen. Love the character designs and colors. Voice acting is perfect as well, especially Gakuto lol.

As fun as I pictured it would be. Censorship is not as bad as To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd so I'll be watching this through. Just hope they slow the pace down a little, although the fast pace was not really that bad.
Jul 10, 2015 6:52 PM
Jul 2015
I think there are 3 problems with this anime:
the biggest problem with the anime is the fast pace which contributed to so many problems.

1-first is the lack of the suspense state of the characters and the intensity of the situation.
when I read the manga I felt every Fear ,Joy and desire (sexy girls) of all characters but not in the anime, it was so fast I felt nothing. it was really horrible

2- also this contributed to the lack of characters development. none of the characters grow on me, I did not feel any thing from the vice president. (CRY).

3 - the animations , I wish Madhouse did this anime

I read all 160 chapters in less than a week and it was one of the best manga I have ever read.
Jul 10, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
i knew JC was gonna have their work cut out the manga art is godtier it's on par with One Punch Man.

don't even really care if it's rushed though i really hope it's a 2 cour at least all the ridiculous antics that happen are to good to miss later on(BOTTLES)
Jul 10, 2015 6:56 PM
Feb 2015
Aw man it's censored... Gonna have to wait for blueray

Great start so far really enjoying all of it. Lots of torturinf... Man that pretty harsh xD. Aw man I wonder what's gonna happen to him.. He fell when a girl is peeing OMG XD
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 10, 2015 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Nah this isn't for me. It started off a bit okay but then it took a turn for the masochism and sadism stuff which really isn't for me. I did know what I was going into thanks to the preview material, but this is just too much. And to make things worse, the girls aren't cute enough (big boob vice president looks deesgusting in more ways than one). I don't really say stuff like this, but the guys look better than the girls here. Kiyoshi is a bit cool, but his friends aren't. This isn't something for me so I'm not gonna go ahead with this.
Jul 10, 2015 6:59 PM
Nov 2013
DarKSilV said:
I think there are 3 problems with this anime:
the biggest problem with the anime is the fast pace which contributed to so many problems.

1-first is the lack of the suspense state of the characters and the intensity of the situation.
when I read the manga I felt every Fear ,Joy and desire (sexy girls) of all characters but not in the anime, it was so fast I felt nothing. it was really horrible

2- also this contributed to the lack of characters development. none of the characters grow on me, I did not feel any thing from the vice president. (CRY).

3 - the animations , I wish Madhouse did this anime

I read all 160 chapters in less than a week and it was one of the best manga I have ever read.

I definitely agree with the first point. Also, if you've only read the first 160 chapters, you desperately need to read the next 15+.

The pacing will definitely be something hard to adapt. There are so many slow moments in the manga that are made better by the incredible suspense of the situation, but I'm not sure how well that suspense would translate in the anime. I think they will need to skip some of that suspense to meet their desired episode total, so I don't think it could ever be as good as the manga.
BTAGJul 10, 2015 7:02 PM
Jul 10, 2015 7:06 PM
Jul 2009
hana no oshiri :( god dam u kagami light!!!!
Jul 10, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know why anyone expected this to be uncensored
huh
Jul 10, 2015 7:10 PM
Aug 2012
HAH! Hana Kanazawa's voice acting threw me the fuck off when she voiced Hana kicking the crew.

Seems a bit rushed, Madhouse shoulda done this, and Hana is best girl.
Jul 10, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
Yamada2 said:
Nah this isn't for me. It started off a bit okay but then it took a turn for the masochism and sadism stuff which really isn't for me. I did know what I was going into thanks to the preview material, but this is just too much. And to make things worse, the girls aren't cute enough (big boob vice president looks deesgusting in more ways than one). I don't really say stuff like this, but the guys look better than the girls here. Kiyoshi is a bit cool, but his friends aren't. This isn't something for me so I'm not gonna go ahead with this.

Hana and President (manga) is probbaly one of the best looking girls in a manga I have ever seen .

Hana looks cute in the anime too
Jul 10, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2014
YabaBaga said:
royaldocks said:
I dont know if the anime is going to reach this part of the manga . But later on the Tables will turn and Karma would strike and all the suffering of the boys would be rewarded

Why am I not surprised. If anime tell us anything, it's that "men will always win out over dominating female overlords". I am finding the antics of the guys amusing so far, so I hope this will turn out to be more complicated that the typical 'men triumph/women fail' tropes that happen so often.

And I find the complaints about the censoring a bit perplexing. Are you really admitting that you watch anime for panty shots? I find that I watch anime first for the voice work, then the characters and then the art style. I can see it being annoying if the entire screen is blocked by censors, but I find that a beam of light or puff of steam is not distracting at all.

My two cents.

Even better is going to happen but cant spoil but sadly I dont think the anime would reach that part
Jul 10, 2015 7:16 PM

Apr 2015
It was a pretty funny episode
Jul 10, 2015 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Man Joe killed me with his random 'f**k* requests. XD
Jul 10, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! that was really good
Jul 10, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2014
This looks like a very shallow show. Dissapointed people hyped this so much
Jul 10, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
As the other people who have read the manga have commented here. This is a really fast pace that J.C. Staff is going for here.

The slow pace of the manga is one of the good parts about it, as it helps build the serious and at the same time comedic atmosphere, as well as the characters themselves.

The censoring is annoying, but I can deal with it I guess.
Jul 10, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
So like, I just read up till chapter 68 and well, I don't think I have the strength to laugh anymore. This is probably the most creative lewd comedy I saw. So many "Did that just happen?" moments.

But's it's not just comedy, albeit the ridiculousness of it all is what often lead's triggers the events and therefore lead's the story.

Damn it, I wanted to watch this unspoiled but with the censorship and if it only gets 1 cour maybe it's better to go to the manga straight away anyway.
Jul 10, 2015 7:52 PM

Sep 2014
LOL these censors just ruin animes like this. Jesus christ this is supposed to be about lewd shit, if you censor it, the anime becomes pointless. Hope there will be a version that isn't censored. Until then screw this anime.
Jul 10, 2015 8:02 PM
Aug 2011
I thought people were over-exaggerating about the pacing complaints, but yeah really packed way too much in here. Censors are annoying and only stand to increase as the episodes go by.

The shading is weird and for some reason my mind kept telling me "it looks like one of those 3-5 minutes anime shorts i've watched before". Now that I think about it I can't even remember which one.
Kamiyan isn't all that suited for Kiyoshi either though the other guys VA are spot-on.
Probably sounds like a lot of complaints but I did kind of get used to both the style and Kiyoshi's voice by the end of the episode so that's fine I guess.

Idk :s
Jul 10, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2013
The pacing was too fast i think for the first episode that the comedy doesn't build up and well, even pantsus are censored like what
Jul 10, 2015 8:35 PM

Jun 2008
Too bad, he was a cute main protagonist while it lasted lmao
Won't lie i'm against overrused storylines and fan services , but loved the animation, characters and comedy in this , and the best thing about the whole anime/episode is the voice acting, 80% of the times it cracked me up because of their expressions and the VA job <3 Anyways excited to see next ep lol
Jul 10, 2015 9:03 PM

May 2014
Really a good start *-* but i hate the censor :(
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jul 10, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2011
Holy shit, in my opinion, they adapted this series really well minus the censoring but not a big deal. Pretty fast pacing for a first episode. I don't remember much of what happened in the beginning of the manga but I don't remember it being this funny xD

ANDRE FUNNIEST CHARACTER!

Still mindblown that Hana's VA, Kana, can change her voice like that, she was always known for her very soft feminine voice acting.

Ouroboros.
PrimevalJul 10, 2015 9:21 PM
Jul 10, 2015 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
The follow main cast consists of: Kenny, Buddha, Shounen A, gozaru-sprouting megane-kun and blondie.

Dropped because the big boob girl is disturbing to watch.

...okay maybe i'll watch another. it was amusing.
InugirlzJul 10, 2015 9:21 PM
Jul 10, 2015 9:24 PM

Jan 2012
I just had to do it xD

Jul 10, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad the AT-X broadcast is censored. So now all the fucking whiners who are getting their anime for free can keep crying about how it's censored. That's how the anime/BD industry works kiddos, get the fuck over it.

Shimosekai and Oksusama will be the only 2 uncensored broadcasts this season.

Anyway....

OP was ok. ED was ok.

Art was good. Not an exact copy of the manga, but the style is still appropriate, and they did all of the facial expressions fucking phenomenally. Legit every 10 seconds some character was making crazy ass faces.

They crammed an awful lot of chaps into this first episode. Idk how I feel about that. The good thing is, they animated all of the key important parts. Them getting caught, them going to prison, getting beaten on, introducing the characters etc. That's all fine and dandy. Nothing they omitted really adds to the plot.

BUT, the manga isn't really about the plot. The plot is just something they use to get from point A to point B, and gives the characters reasons to keep doing stupid shit. The core of the manga is the long, dramatic, exaggerated vulgar scenarios that the gang always gets caught up in. A scene that might only last 3 minutes IRL in the manga, is drawn out and over the top to the point where it feels like it lasted much longer. That's really what drives Prison School's comedy, and it feels like a lot of that might get cut out. But we'll see what happens. As long as they keep the main comedic points as well I'll probably be satisfied.
Jul 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Jun 2010
Adrasteiax said:
Well, I'm extremely glad this is censored, although I'm probably one of the only straight girls watching this. I don't like ecchi, but I can handle it if there's a good plot.

pretty much this

since censoring doesn't bother me I had fun watching this, and will follow the series
Jul 10, 2015 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Don't care about the censor, this episode is funny as hell.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prison School Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

173 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 10, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Prison School Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

411 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 9, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Prison School Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

218 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 9, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Prison School Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

157 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 8, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Prison School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

177 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 10:33 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.